Jurassic World 2 Mattel Toys

Reaction score
The lack of human figures made me stop buying dinosaurs probably a year ago and sucked away all my excitement for both the 4 inch line and the Amber collection. I moved at the end of last year and had no intention of bring my Jurassic stuff out of the bin I put it all in. Im excited that they're doing more than just a one-off human. And if I do display everything again, i can keep these separated by dinosaurs.
they ain't for me personally, the cartoon styled humans, but I'm glad to hear that, my friend. Welcome back!

Reaction score
I don’t prefer the animated style (or even the cartoon itself), but I’ll pick them up. Hopefully supporting that portion of the line will increase the odds of getting more figures eventually.

Humans are fundamental to the line. To me, that seems like the roots of my childhood. It wasn’t necessarily just the dinosaurs, but what adventures Jaws Jackson went on inside the park, and how those people, especially the generic ones, encountered and experienced the dinosaurs.

Reaction score
I don’t prefer the animated style (or even the cartoon itself), but I’ll pick them up. Hopefully supporting that portion of the line will increase the odds of getting more figures eventually.

Humans are fundamental to the line. To me, that seems like the roots of my childhood. It wasn’t necessarily just the dinosaurs, but what adventures Jaws Jackson went on inside the park, and how those people, especially the generic ones, encountered and experienced the dinosaurs.
GOOD POINT! Maybe I will pick them up too simply because it may fund an eventual Genaro, Lex, Arnold and HOPEFULLY IMO a generic park worker.

Yeah I mean, I'm possibly the one who's MOST OK with no humans because I love dinosaurs, but keep in mind that doesn't mean I'm OK with NO humans at all. There is a difference. I mean, end of the day, what defines JP from generic dinosaur lines IS the human component.

I remember the reviews of JP when it first came out in 93. Everyone said the dinosaurs made it, which really isn't wrong. BUT! I think the performance of the actors was totally underappreciated at the time. JP IMO is the most quotable film ever made. Least to me. It's the film I've seen more than any other ....close seconds being ROTJ (oddly not my favorite SW, though love, but is my comfort go to), Temple of Doom (oddly my favorite Indy but NOT the best and I know it), Ghostbusters (scared me shitless as a kid and only as a teen did I realize it's a comedy), and Aliens (to this day I argue that's the best side cast in film history). But I quote JP almost daily and sometimes even accidentally in casual convo with folk.

Reaction score
I wonder if the bodies pop or unscrew off of the frames of the Jeeps so you could swap the winch frames to make a correct Nedry Jeep...? And the paint apps, while annoying, can be fixed in a few minutes! Customizers always finishing the job the toy companies start!
It does. I swapped this and the front license sticker on mine that arrived today.

Reaction score
It does. I swapped this and the front license sticker on mine that arrived today.
No kidding? So we can swap the old chassis for the working winch on Nedry's? That's really what I'd like to do. Can't wait to see someone do this. I cannot fathom how they put the winch on the non-Nedry Jeep.

Reaction score
they ain't for me personally, the cartoon styled humans, but I'm glad to hear that, my friend. Welcome back!
Brother, you and me both. I take that argument right over to Star Wars. I can't STAND when they put animated stuff into TVC. I really don't get the fascination of trying to make animated stuff look real, when it never was. I haven't been a fan of anything Lucasfilm animated, probably not since Droids, and that show wasn't the greatest either. The GOOD thing about it was it explored completely unique side plots far away from the OT. Clone Wars and Rebels took far too many liberties and rubbed right against established boundaries and canon, and that's just not for me. So when the cartoons started getting made in TVC and wasting slots for film characters, it really ticked me off.

For Jurassic, yeah it sucks a little, but I can see the kids liking at least. What I didn't mind was the Clone Wars line. All of it LOOKED animated and WAS for kids. I had no problem with that - it reflected the media, as it should. I also find it good they are producing humans of ANY kind at this point, they seem like meteorites of the line - rare to ever see flash across. Maybe Mattel is finally listening. I'll echo above, the red hat Jurassic workers with tasers and M-16s with flashlight attachments would be HUGE!

Reaction score
Hey excuse my ignorance here but what is the deal with Target Nedry set? Did I completely miss the boat on any chance of retail or did they just hit recently?

I kinda put this line on the back burner not knowing more JP1 stuff was coming out. I see the Tim set was just announced but if I can't secure Nedry for a normal price I can duck out of this line.

Reaction score
Hey excuse my ignorance here but what is the deal with Target Nedry set? Did I completely miss the boat on any chance of retail or did they just hit recently?

I kinda put this line on the back burner not knowing more JP1 stuff was coming out. I see the Tim set was just announced but if I can't secure Nedry for a normal price I can duck out of this line.
They just got released. I believe the street date was April 11th. This wasn't on my radar unfortunately and I didn't order one online. I think they have started to hit stores. Right now these are being scalped like crazy, but I think it's just that initial surge when things first hit and people freak out. Typical Target exclusive nonsense.

Everything else from the Legacy Collection wasn't hard to find and were plentiful in stores with the only exception of the Spinosaurus. I was able to find the 1st Jeep easy and even got an extra one on clearance. Ditto for the figures. I think/hope once the initial hype wears off we'll be able to find them in stores like everything else.

I would have thought that the Target set with Hammond would have sold out since the only way to get him before was the EE/SDCC exclusive version which sold out. But he's always at every Target I go to and is even on sale right now.

Also everything is 10% off right now so the sale price probably helped move them quicker online.

Reaction score
They just got released. I believe the street date was April 11th. This wasn't on my radar unfortunately and I didn't order one online. I think they have started to hit stores. Right now these are being scalped like crazy, but I think it's just that initial surge when things first hit and people freak out. Typical Target exclusive nonsense.

Everything else from the Legacy Collection wasn't hard to find and were plentiful in stores with the only exception of the Spinosaurus. I was able to find the 1st Jeep easy and even got an extra one on clearance. Ditto for the figures. I think/hope once the initial hype wears off we'll be able to find them in stores like everything else.

I would have thought that the Target set with Hammond would have sold out since the only way to get him before was the EE/SDCC exclusive version which sold out. But he's always at every Target I go to and is even on sale right now.

Also everything is 10% off right now so the sale price probably helped move them quicker online.
Thank you! I was hoping that was the case.

Appreciate the clarification

Reaction score
I was able to pick up the Amber Collection 6" scale Echo dino from Target to day for $9 on clearance. Delta was also on clearance for the same price.

A while back I found Delta on clearance prior to the release of Echo. Later, Target started to get in Echo and also restocked Delta and was back to regular price. Now, it seems both are on clearance. I really had no interest in collecting the Amber Collection, but if I keep finding them on clearance I'll certainly pick them up.

Reaction score

Like Sharky said, you should be just fine finding this at Target. Nothing in the Legacy line has ever been hard to find at Target, it's usually just a waiting game in our area. I know being in southeast PA we get things later than most places for whatever reason, but I've always found the stuff I wanted. I actually think Malcolm was the hardest figure to find at first, then he was literally EVERYWHERE lol. It was like the floodgates opened and then, of course, he went to clearance.

Reaction score
Like Sharky said, you should be just fine finding this at Target. Nothing in the Legacy line has ever been hard to find at Target, it's usually just a waiting game in our area. I know being in southeast PA we get things later than most places for whatever reason, but I've always found the stuff I wanted. I actually think Malcolm was the hardest figure to find at first, then he was literally EVERYWHERE lol. It was like the floodgates opened and then, of course, he went to clearance.
Good to hear. You are right Legacy stuff has been pretty easy to find after the initial drops. Ellie was tough to find in the beginning and eventually was readily available and Malcolm was too.

Thanks for the info.

Honestly if they just went all in with the line (Legacy) I would be totally on board. I swear I'd buy this like I buy Star Wars. Grant with no hat, Ellie with the rain coat, variants upon variants and I'd snap them right up.

Reaction score
The only dino I had trouble finding was the Spinosaurus which was notoriously missing from brick and mortar as far as I could tell. And would sell out instantly online. I found the Walmart exclusive repaint once. Didn't hesitate to pick it up right then and there, and never saw it again ever.

The only action figures that were hard to find were the JW figure of Claire with the yellow coat and the little girl, Maisie, from JW 2. I found Claire randomly at a Walmart one time. I think I may have seen her at a Target one other time as well. Never saw Maisie ever. I assume people that have her bought her online from places outside the US. I don't really know the story on her.

I think that last wave of human figures just didn't get out there. I keep expecting to see Maisie pop up at Ross or some such place. She's not really on my want list and would just serve to round out my human figures with some variety. I have no desire to hunt the figure down online or anything. She can be bought on ebay for around $20, but it's just not worth it to me.

I mean, honestly, the figures themselves aren't that nice compared to Hasbro figures. The QC on the face deco is horrible. I remember having to sort through tons of figures to find one that was OK. The problem was the face print was almost always misaligned with the head sculpt. They're worth the $8 or whatever, but not more than that. Bottom line, they're of characters I'm interested in and they go well with the vehicles and dinos.

Reaction score
Good to hear. You are right Legacy stuff has been pretty easy to find after the initial drops. Ellie was tough to find in the beginning and eventually was readily available and Malcolm was too.

Thanks for the info.

Honestly if they just went all in with the line (Legacy) I would be totally on board. I swear I'd buy this like I buy Star Wars. Grant with no hat, Ellie with the rain coat, variants upon variants and I'd snap them right up.
Yeah when you think, there's really a TON of variants that could be done.

You could do a Grant without hat and all kind of battle damaged/dirty. There's Ellie with the raincoat, but also you could do a sort of battle damaged one when she's discarded her pink shirt and is in just her blue undershirt with her hair down. There's Muldoon with hat. There's Ian with jacket and battle damaged sexy open shirt Goldblum. There's control room Nedry, which is interesting he's the only one they did do an alternate for now that we have both Hawaiian shirt and Raincoat. Suited Genaro. Battle damaged versions of the kids. Hammond without hat.

I mean...there's options and that's just the first movie. In an ideal world, I'd have had some come with alternate heads for like hat or no hat. Sure removable hat is an option too, but I do find often that while removable helmets can look right, removably hats often look oversized and look more natural when sculpted into the head. Case in point: The one Crystal Skull Indy and his absurdly huge fedora. Though they did to a very good job with the SDCC exclusive Toht and his removable hat. That COULD be because he's bald though, hair may make it more difficult to get it to fit while not looking oversized.

I mean it truly is a shame it doesn't appear they'll ever get to TLW humans. Hunters/Mercs are just so fun for this line because they're such ideal dino-fodder. I mean I can think of like...legit...9 or 10 figures just off the top of my head for that flick. But the real shame is, without TLW we'll never get those awesome TLW vehicles. I've argue that the Kenner TLW vehicles were one of the BEST parts of that line. I was fortunate to own ALL of them, even the trailers, which was a real stand-out. Bit I've got to say, that Humvee really took the cake. That vehicle was awesome!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now that we are getting the explorer with kid#1 & even the T Rex I think the next Explorer should have kid#2 the lawyer & the chompable out house.

Reaction score
Now that we are getting the explorer with kid#1 & even the T Rex I think the next Explorer should have kid#2 the lawyer & the chompable out house.
Yes that's been my pitch too. They have to know we're all gonna want two Explorers. I know they knew we all want Lex and most Genaro too. But we don't all want two Tim's and two Rex's (some us already have more than even that) in order to get two Explorers. So release ANOTHER Explorer set with Lex at the LEAST. That way you can reuse the Explorer mold too. Ideally I'd also want Genaro in there and a break-apart outhouse, but I ALSO THINK that like the Shaving Cream SDCC exclusive Nedry, a sort of Outhouse with Genarro SDCC exclusive set is a pretty solid idea because I don't think EVERYONE wants Genaro.

Reaction score
Yeah when you think, there's really a TON of variants that could be done.

You could do a Grant without hat and all kind of battle damaged/dirty. There's Ellie with the raincoat, but also you could do a sort of battle damaged one when she's discarded her pink shirt and is in just her blue undershirt with her hair down. There's Muldoon with hat. There's Ian with jacket and battle damaged sexy open shirt Goldblum. There's control room Nedry, which is interesting he's the only one they did do an alternate for now that we have both Hawaiian shirt and Raincoat. Suited Genaro. Battle damaged versions of the kids. Hammond without hat.

I mean...there's options and that's just the first movie. In an ideal world, I'd have had some come with alternate heads for like hat or no hat. Sure removable hat is an option too, but I do find often that while removable helmets can look right, removably hats often look oversized and look more natural when sculpted into the head. Case in point: The one Crystal Skull Indy and his absurdly huge fedora. Though they did to a very good job with the SDCC exclusive Toht and his removable hat. That COULD be because he's bald though, hair may make it more difficult to get it to fit while not looking oversized.

I mean it truly is a shame it doesn't appear they'll ever get to TLW humans. Hunters/Mercs are just so fun for this line because they're such ideal dino-fodder. I mean I can think of like...legit...9 or 10 figures just off the top of my head for that flick. But the real shame is, without TLW we'll never get those awesome TLW vehicles. I've argue that the Kenner TLW vehicles were one of the BEST parts of that line. I was fortunate to own ALL of them, even the trailers, which was a real stand-out. Bit I've got to say, that Humvee really took the cake. That vehicle was awesome!
I'm personally only interested in JP and not even the sequels but what you described as variants is exactly what I was thinking. I would buy the **** out of a line like that. Seriously give me Dr. Alan Grant (Badlands) etc etc etc...etc

If they want to get crazy we could see the Jeep Drivers, Raptor unloading squad from the opening scene...so many possibilities. Could literally be a Star Wars-esque line.

Biggest hurdle:

'cause Mattel

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm personally only interested in JP and not even the sequels but what you described as variants is exactly what I was thinking. I would buy the **** out of a line like that. Seriously give me Dr. Alan Grant (Badlands) etc etc etc...etc

If they want to get crazy we could see the Jeep Drivers, Raptor unloading squad from the opening scene...so many possibilities. Could literally be a Star Wars-esque line.

Biggest hurdle:

'cause Mattel
I'm glad you said that because I've talked about how honestly, I'd just DIE FOR just a SIMPLE GENERIC JP worker figure. Also don't forget Dr. Harding! I mean, there's really been two films that rank as my top favorites, maybe even OVER SW, that just never seem to get the toy collector treatment I'd like. One is Indiana Jones and while I LOVED the Hasbro line for Crystal Skull (more so for the older movie figures), it just never seemed to get the support and thus production I always wished. The other is, well obviously, Jurassic Park. At this rate, I'm just grateful we're getting screen accurate ANYTHING at all! It just seems like a pipedream to expect TOO much from these two franchises...which I find sad. I don't know what it is, just they seem more niche despite being among he biggest and most beloved films ever made. DINOSAURS aren't, but in the case of screen accurate JP other than dinosaurs...seems it is.

Another I always kind of wanted was basically, give that Hasbro Indiana Jones treatment to Bond. But these days, since he's kind of considered more controversial now, it'll never happen. But man, I'd just DIE for a Sean Connery Bond (as well as the other actors), Goldfinger, Oddjob, Jaws, Dr. No, etc. all screen accurate and in a similar style and quality as those Last Crusade and Temple of Doom waves.

That is kind of my issue with the Legacy JP humans. They're nice, they are, but they're not on the LEVEL of detail, accuracy, and quality that that Indy line was. They're just not. But I'm just grateful for them at all.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm glad you said that because I've talked about how honestly, I'd just DIE FOR just a SIMPLE GENERIC JP worker figure. Also don't forget Dr. Harding! I mean, there's really been two films that rank as my top favorites, maybe even OVER SW, that just never seem to get the toy collector treatment I'd like. One is Indiana Jones and while I LOVED the Hasbro line for Crystal Skull (more so for the older movie figures), it just never seemed to get the support and thus production I always wished. The other is, well obviously, Jurassic Park. At this rate, I'm just grateful we're getting screen accurate ANYTHING at all! It just seems like a pipedream to expect TOO much from these two franchises...which I find sad. I don't know what it is, just they seem more niche despite being among he biggest and most beloved films ever made. DINOSAURS aren't, but in the case of screen accurate JP other than dinosaurs...seems it is.

Another I always kind of wanted was basically, give that Hasbro Indiana Jones treatment to Bond. But these days, since he's kind of considered more controversial now, it'll never happen. But man, I'd just DIE for a Sean Connery Bond (as well as the other actors), Goldfinger, Oddjob, Jaws, Dr. No, etc. all screen accurate and in a similar style and quality as those Last Crusade and Temple of Doom waves.

That is kind of my issue with the Legacy JP humans. They're nice, they are, but they're not on the LEVEL of detail, accuracy, and quality that that Indy line was. They're just not. But I'm just grateful for them at all.
So for me I'm actually OK with the what I have for Indy. While I would definitely have interest in and cherry pick a new line - the extent of my purchases would be limited. A nice Ark Indy with today's articulation set up and Photo Real might be all I really need.

Back on topic though as far a JP goes the most interesting thing for me is that I have NO interest in the dinosaurs. At all. Not even one bit.

The quality of the JP stuff might not be Star Wars level but they are also under $10 and for the most part eventually easier to obtain.

Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous.

Friday afternoon I decided to buy the Isla Nublar pack with Hammond, Sattler, and 2 raptors since it was 10% off all JP toys at Target. For whatever reason the Target I was at had it for $29 MSRP and I got it for around $26. Later, I realized that all the other Targets in my area and online actually have it for $26 as the regular price, so I should have paid around $22. So, Friday evening I ordered it online for $22 for in store pick up. When I go this Sunday morning to pick it up, I noticed that now the set is on sale for $20. So, I pick the item up and have it price adjusted on the spot. OK, so now I'm saving a few bucks more than I originally thought.

Now, I go online and see that it's price at $17.50 online, and I can buy it for in store pick up at the same store that has it for $20 in store. 🤦‍♂️

I mean, going from $26 to $17.50 is a pretty good deal, but I sure am taking the dumbest and most complex way to get there. Sheesh!

Last edited:
Reaction score

Friday afternoon I decided to buy the Isla Nublar pack with Hammond, Sattler, and 2 raptors since it was 10% off all JP toys at Target. For whatever reason the Target I was at had it for $29 MSRP and I got it for around $26. Later, I realized that all the other Targets in my area and online actually have it for $26 as the regular price, so I should have paid around $22. So, Friday evening I ordered it online for $22 for in store pick up. When I go this Sunday morning to pick it up, I noticed that now the set is on sale for $20. So, I pick the item up and have it price adjusted on the spot. OK, so now I'm saving a few bucks more than I originally thought.

Now, I go online and see that it's price at $17.50 online, and I can buy it for in store pick up at the same store that has it for $20 in store. 🤦‍♂️

I mean, going from $26 to $17.50 is a pretty good deal, but I sure am taking the dumbest and most complex way to get there. Sheesh!

Savings dollar-by-dollar are still savings!

I'm inn the same camp as @HothHan - I've picked up enough dinos through the first year that I'm ok not getting more (I've been putting off buying the bigger ones lately, in fact).

And for under $10, I'm ok with the detail we get. Because for a line like this, when i feel like Im getting what I want out of it, I'm WAY more inclined to keep buying. If they had been putting out figures this whole time, I'd have been picking those up and getting doubles of dinos to have packs/flocks/herds.

Reaction score
Savings dollar-by-dollar are still savings!

I'm inn the same camp as @HothHan - I've picked up enough dinos through the first year that I'm ok not getting more (I've been putting off buying the bigger ones lately, in fact).

And for under $10, I'm ok with the detail we get. Because for a line like this, when i feel like Im getting what I want out of it, I'm WAY more inclined to keep buying. If they had been putting out figures this whole time, I'd have been picking those up and getting doubles of dinos to have packs/flocks/herds.
True. The only reason I was interested in the set is that I think they did the raptors in a more realistic movie deco. I also wanted a Hammond to open so I can keep my SDCC one carded. The banner is a nice bonus as well. I kept my eye on it as I thought the price was a bit high. With the current sale price it's a pretty good deal. Basically comes out to less than $5 per figure/dino. And you get a bonus banner for a diorama scene.

I'm kind of surprised this set is sitting around unless they made way more than the demand. I mean, considering the aftermarket price of the SDCC one and the fact that this is the only other way to get Hammond, I would have I figured this would be a more popular set.

Reaction score
Yes that's been my pitch too. They have to know we're all gonna want two Explorers. I know they knew we all want Lex and most Genaro too. But we don't all want two Tim's and two Rex's (some us already have more than even that) in order to get two Explorers. So release ANOTHER Explorer set with Lex at the LEAST. That way you can reuse the Explorer mold too. Ideally I'd also want Genaro in there and a break-apart outhouse, but I ALSO THINK that like the Shaving Cream SDCC exclusive Nedry, a sort of Outhouse with Genarro SDCC exclusive set is a pretty solid idea because I don't think EVERYONE wants Genaro.
We have already seen plans for a blue / crushed Explorer set that Mattel never released. The tires were supposed to fire off as some sort of weird action feature. It was representing the moment that Owen finds her during the events of Fallen Kingdom. If a mold was made, it's an easy variant to the Explorer and Lex could be included too. Would also be fun to get a third Jeep with the tool boxes and no top variant and include Ellie and Muldoon (no hat) in raincoats with a battle-damaged Malcolm. It seems they prefer dinos with most of these sets, but the Claire and Gyrosphere had no dino, nor did the Sub with pilot from JW-FK.

I'm all on board with a generic JP worker - give him a shock prod, M-16 with flashlight and the jumpsuit with red hat - such a great army builder. I think the Raptor Pen would be the coolest playset and most realistic want outside of the Visitor's Center with a computer lab inside. They could even include the shipping container with exclusive Joffrey to "raise the gate".

Reaction score
The Nedry and Jeep set seems to have started to hit my area here in GA, north of Atlanta. Popfindr seems to be matching what Target.com has for stock. I guess there 2 in a case as most stores in my area seem to only have 1 or 2.

I found 1 Target that allowed me to order online for in store pick up. Not sure why most don't allow it. Fingers crossed the order gets fulfilled. 🤞

DCPI: 087-16-1561

Enter your zip and check

Tomorrow is a Camp Cretaceous reveal

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like we still don't have anything here within 50 miles. Glad to hear that they are showing up though.

Reaction score
Looks like we still don't have anything here within 50 miles. Glad to hear that they are showing up though.
Keep checking every day. Yesterday, nothing. This morning they hit at about 5 different Targets in my area, and most were already down to 1. Part of me feels like they'll be widely available and easy to get in store and part of me worries they'll be scalped like I've been seeing on ebay. I'd say get it as soon as you find it.

Now that my radar is up, I'll be looking to pre-order the Explorer set. Pretty sure that will be hugely popular as it's 1 thing collectors have been waiting for since the Legacy Collection started.

Reaction score
Same - I know you are in Jersey. Southeast PA has nada - I checked one Target today on my way home from work and the Jurassic aisle seemed wiped out. Hardly anything there.

Reaction score
But its Nj/PA so when they do come in there will be 100 closet collecters looking for the 2 items in stock.

Reaction score
I was able to get one today. It was a little out of the way, but not too far. Judging by the Target I got it from I was lucky to have been able to get it at all. Had I not been able to order online for store pickup I definitely would have missed it.

I'm glad this particular Target is not my usual hunting grounds. I can tell it was collector/scalper city just by looking at the toy aisle. Real slim pickings in the toy section. Almost nothing on the shelves, not even regular stuff that lingers at my local Targets like Galaxy's Edge droids or certain Hot Wheels. The JP section was almost completely wiped out. Not even any of that Camp Cretaceous set that I usually see everywhere else. Ditto for Marvel Legends and Transformers.

It must be hell trying to find anything at that Target. There was even a line of people in the collector section by electronics waiting for Pokemon cards to be put out.

Reaction score

D'OH! I should have checked the site while I was in store. Just picked it up for $20.99. Not quite worth enough to go back in a few days and get a price match.

Reaction score
OK. Looks like the Nedry thing is a little stable now. People can order it and have it shipped to store or to their home. But, I wouldn't wait too long. You never know.

Reaction score
OK. Looks like the Nedry thing is a little stable now. People can order it and have it shipped to store or to their home. But, I wouldn't wait too long. You never know.
Yep I am having mine shipped to the store (along with a Paw Patrol X-Box game for my 4 year olds bday next week). Super excited to get the Nedry set.

I went ahead and grabbed my other Legacy figures out of storage and I'm gonna set something up to keep them all displayed for awhile

Apologies for the quick crappy photo

Attachments