Jurassic World 2 Mattel Toys

Reaction score
Not sure if it's mentioned before, but I noticed the main Jurassic World splash page on target.com has a series of Target exclusive reveals each month or so. It doesn't seem to pull up for me when I was looking on my phone, but on my PC it did. Next will be a Legacy Collection item coming out on 3/17. On 4/21, a Camp Cretaceous Target exclusive. On 5/19, another Legacy Collection item. And, so on.

Regarding the Apatosaurus, I think I will need to get that. 😁 I just realized that it would be the last dino one would need to have a set of realistic versions of the Dinobots. :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure if it's mentioned before, but I noticed the main Jurassic World splash page on target.com has a series of Target exclusive reveals each month or so. It doesn't seem to pull up for me when I was looking on my phone, but on my PC it did. Next will be a Legacy Collection item coming out on 3/17. On 4/21, a Camp Cretaceous Target exclusive. On 5/19, another Legacy Collection item. And, so on.

Regarding the Apatosaurus, I think I will need to get that. 😁 I just realized that it would be the last dino one would need to have a set of realistic versions of the Dinobots. :D
TWO Legacy items, eh? Wow, that's like one more than every year since its inception lol We know one has to be that Nedry/Jeep set, but I'm curious what the other will be?

Reaction score
I'm trying to think what ceratopsians we DO have. They did Triceratops, Styracosaurus, Sinoceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus (mislabeled Sinoceratops), Protoceratops, Nasutoceratops, and Zuniceratops coming. I believe that's all of them. Now I do remember they did a Chasmosaurus in TLW line. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't gotten a figure yet. A Torosaurus and a Pentaceratops woud be cool. Psittacosaurus would be great because it looks so uniquely different.

BTW apparently confirmed are Iguanodon, Kentrosaurus, and Ouranosaurus. Those are species I've REALLY wanted. Now if they'd just do a darn Oviraptor. I want one so bad.

As for the Target exclusive announcements, I'm pretty sure they're going to be the next Amber Collection humans: Hammond, Grant, Ellie, and Muldoon. For the Camp Cretaceous, I'm not sure but I've seen reliable rumors that figures for the kids on that show are coming. I have no interest though as they'll be in an animated style. For the Legacy, one will def. be the Nedry jeep set...but I'd have to ASSUME that a 3'' Ray Arnold is coming. I mean they wouldn't ONLY do him in Amber scale, would they? But my REAL HOPE is for the tour jeep, Lex and Tim, and a set with Genarro and the outhouse. That would be great! I'd really love that lab set to get released too, maybe they could throw a Wu in that. And honestly, I'd still love a Raptor Cage from the opening with generic park workers.

I just wish they'd branch off, at least SOME DAY, and the Legacy TLW humans. That would be fantastic. I mean imagine:
- Ian Malcolm with satellite phone.
- Sarah Harding with lucky pack and baby Stegosaurus.
- Nick Van Owen with camera.
- Eddie Carr with his gun.
- Roland Teembo with shotgun.
- Dieter Stark with gun, taser, and Compsognathus.
- Ajay with shotgun.
- Peter Ludlow with???
- Burke with snake.
- Carter with headphones and gun. HAH!

Plus just a whole slew of generic hunters to be dino-fodder. Plus then imagine VEHICLES. This is def. the movie that had the coolest vehicles. I loved the old Kenner Humvee and trailers.

It would be cool if they did JP3 and fleshed out JW.
- Paul Kirby
- Amanda Kirby
- Eric Kirby
- Billy Brennan with hang-glider and baby pteranodon.
- Grant (JP3) with pack of raptor eggs and velociraptor resonating chamber.
- Udesky with gun.
- Nash with gun.
- Cooper with gun.

As for Dino-Riders, man that takes me back. I had a ton of them. I even was fortunate enough to have the T-Rex, Diplodocus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Torosaurus, and the absolutely gigantic Brontosaurus among a ton of the little ones too. Actually come to think, I just looked up...I had every figure from series one and I had every one in series two except the Kentrosaurus. I was quite the spoiled brat: the benefit of being an only child. Hah! I didn't have any of series three and I didn't even know they did an Ice Age subline before cancellation. There are some issue with Dino-Riders though. For as amazing as the line was, 1. the toys had SO MANY little pieces and part it was absurdly easy to lose. In fact, that's often an issue with buying them now. Often they're NOT complete. 2. Many used basically just an elaborate rubbed bank to strap the armor onto the dinosaurs and those have long since deteriorated over time. 3. My GOD is this line ABSURDLY expensive on the after-market. My God, I'd be rich if I still had mine.

I especially loved the little alien figures. I remember an ant, a hammerhead shark, Krulos who was kind of like a frog, and a snake. Those were sort of the most common, but there were a couple more obscure ones. There was like a manta-ray kinda headed guy, an alligator guy, and this real strange alien that I don't even know what it is...like a termite or something. They were real fun.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm trying to think what ceratopsians we DO have. They did Triceratops, Styracosaurus, Sinoceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus (mislabeled Sinoceratops), Protoceratops, Nasutoceratops, and Zuniceratops coming. I believe that's all of them. Now I do remember they did a Chasmosaurus in TLW line. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't gotten a figure yet. A Torosaurus and a Pentaceratops woud be cool. Psittacosaurus would be great because it looks so uniquely different.

BTW apparently confirmed are Iguanodon, Kentrosaurus, and Ouranosaurus. Those are species I've REALLY wanted. Now if they'd just do a darn Oviraptor. I want one so bad.

As for the Target exclusive announcements, I'm pretty sure they're going to be the next Amber Collection humans: Hammond, Grant, Ellie, and Muldoon. For the Camp Cretaceous, I'm not sure but I've seen reliable rumors that figures for the kids on that show are coming. I have no interest though as they'll be in an animated style. For the Legacy, one will def. be the Nedry jeep set...but I'd have to ASSUME that a 3'' Ray Arnold is coming. I mean they wouldn't ONLY do him in Amber scale, would they? But my REAL HOPE is for the tour jeep, Lex and Tim, and a set with Genarro and the outhouse. That would be great! I'd really love that lab set to get released too, maybe they could throw a Wu in that. And honestly, I'd still love a Raptor Cage from the opening with generic park workers.

I just wish they'd branch off, at least SOME DAY, and the Legacy TLW humans. That would be fantastic. I mean imagine:
- Ian Malcolm with satellite phone.
- Sarah Harding with lucky pack and baby Stegosaurus.
- Nick Van Owen with camera.
- Eddie Carr with his gun.
- Roland Teembo with shotgun.
- Dieter Stark with gun, taser, and Compsognathus.
- Ajay with shotgun.
- Peter Ludlow with???
- Burke with snake.
- Carter with headphones and gun. HAH!

Plus just a whole slew of generic hunters to be dino-fodder. Plus then imagine VEHICLES. This is def. the movie that had the coolest vehicles. I loved the old Kenner Humvee and trailers.

It would be cool if they did JP3 and fleshed out JW.
- Paul Kirby
- Amanda Kirby
- Eric Kirby
- Billy Brennan with hang-glider and baby pteranodon.
- Grant (JP3) with pack of raptor eggs and velociraptor resonating chamber.
- Udesky with gun.
- Nash with gun.
- Cooper with gun.

As for Dino-Riders, man that takes me back. I had a ton of them. I even was fortunate enough to have the T-Rex, Diplodocus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Torosaurus, and the absolutely gigantic Brontosaurus among a ton of the little ones too. Actually come to think, I just looked up...I had every figure from series one and I had every one in series two except the Kentrosaurus. I was quite the spoiled brat: the benefit of being an only child. Hah! I didn't have any of series three and I didn't even know they did an Ice Age subline before cancellation. There are some issue with Dino-Riders though. For as amazing as the line was, 1. the toys had SO MANY little pieces and part it was absurdly easy to lose. In fact, that's often an issue with buying them now. Often they're NOT complete. 2. Many used basically just an elaborate rubbed bank to strap the armor onto the dinosaurs and those have long since deteriorated over time. 3. My GOD is this line ABSURDLY expensive on the after-market. My God, I'd be rich if I still had mine.

I especially loved the little alien figures. I remember an ant, a hammerhead shark, Krulos who was kind of like a frog, and a snake. Those were sort of the most common, but there were a couple more obscure ones. There was like a manta-ray kinda headed guy, an alligator guy, and this real strange alien that I don't even know what it is...like a termite or something. They were real fun.
Also, the Dino Riders plastic is really brittle. I had my Deinonychus tail break when I was a kid, I bought a clean version as an adult, and the tail broke in the same exact place! I was so pissed lol

It's funny, as an 80s kid, Deinonychus was the first "raptor" to me. When I saw them on screen, I was really confused at first because they looked identical to Deinonychus but were referred to as velociraptors. It wasn't until after the fact that I realize Spielberg wanted the cooler name, which belonged to the smaller, bird like dino. Also Utahraptors were around the same size, but probably didn't have the same name flare either.

Reaction score
Also Utahraptors were around the same size, but probably didn't have the same name flare either.
AFAIK Utahraptor was discovered only after JP1 came out, post-fact justifying the movie's velociraptors.

Naturally, time has invalidated much of the stuff in the movies anyway (like the feather thing), which they even tried to explain away in JW with the "frog DNA" stuff and the gene splicing between species. (What they essentially saying there is "we don't have real dinosaurs but some made-up beasts constructed on some foundational dino DNA so they happen to look like we imagine dinosaurs at the current time, with no guarantee at all that real dinosaurs looked anything like this", and everything the movies' characters say about "those dinosaurs", "saving the dinosaurs", "return of the dinosaurs" etc is actually a lot of dino cr**.)

Reaction score
Also, the Dino Riders plastic is really brittle. I had my Deinonychus tail break when I was a kid, I bought a clean version as an adult, and the tail broke in the same exact place! I was so pissed lol

It's funny, as an 80s kid, Deinonychus was the first "raptor" to me. When I saw them on screen, I was really confused at first because they looked identical to Deinonychus but were referred to as velociraptors. It wasn't until after the fact that I realize Spielberg wanted the cooler name, which belonged to the smaller, bird like dino. Also Utahraptors were around the same size, but probably didn't have the same name flare either.
OMG I can't believe I forgot to mention that too. That's another major factor in DinoRider pricing - breakage. It's SO HARD to find any without any breaks. If it wasn't the dinosaurs, it was the armor.

Deinonychus was also my first experience with a raptor. Actually, there were a couple dinosaurs back then that were HUGE that aren't really nearly as used in pop culture as they used to be. Back in my day, you used to see Deinonychus, Styracosaurus, Diplodocus, and Allosaurus a LOT more than you do today. You also saw a lot more of Dimetrodon and Plesiosaurus when I was a kid for other creatures.

Yeah it's my understanding that really, the films Velociraptors basically are Deinonychus in all but name. I believe in the original script they were called that and there's some concept art of them with the labeling "Deinonychus" on it too. Like you said, Steven and Crichton just thought that the Velociraptor name had a cooler ring too it. I mean really, he's not wrong. Velociraptor just flows off the tongue better, it's got a vicious and stealthy sound to it. Then like during or shortly after JP, then Utahraptor was discovered and it was this really strange and convenient find that sort of retrospectively justified the film ones. Cool little factoid.

AFAIK Utahraptor was discovered only after JP1 came out, post-fact justifying the movie's velociraptors.

Naturally, time has invalidated much of the stuff in the movies anyway (like the feather thing), which they even tried to explain away in JW with the "frog DNA" stuff and the gene splicing between species. (What they essentially saying there is "we don't have real dinosaurs but some made-up beasts constructed on some foundational dino DNA so they happen to look like we imagine dinosaurs at the current time, with no guarantee at all that real dinosaurs looked anything like this", and everything the movies' characters say about "those dinosaurs", "saving the dinosaurs", "return of the dinosaurs" etc is actually a lot of dino cr**.)
Well I mean, if you want to get technical that scene in JW isn't really a retcon or anything but more just a more thorough explanation of what they're actually doing. It's pretty clear that even back in JP, these are facsimiles of real dinosaurs and not actually the real things themselves. They don't outright say it, but it's there from the get-go. Just the very inclusion of frog DNA proves they're not perfect clones. They're basically the closest you can get. Think of a bad Xerox copy of a bad Xerox copy. Hammond just settled for, "Meh! Close enough." I always assumed the splicing explained some of the more real-world scientific inaccuracies away. It's basically a de-facto built-in excuse in the continuity, so I never really got why people get so up in arms over not 100% scientifically accurate aspects in JP. I mean, I always took the Dilophosaurus for a juvenile firstly to explain away the size, but I took the frill and venom as a potential side-effect of splicing in other creatures. Who's to say what it would really do to the final product? But then again, also a fun idea is...who's to say what we'd learn if we could re-create these creatures that we...DIDN'T...already know? It's pretty arrogant to assume that all the theories would just be proven right or we already knew all there was to know, right? Who's to say one wouldn't be poisonous, have camouflage, etc.? It's not impossible that some prehistoric creatures may have, it's just not possible to prove it or which. There's plenty of "What if?" possibilities that just can't be told from fossilization. It's just out of the box thinking for the sake of dramatization, the same with say the Rex's eyesight. It's just included to make for a more suspenseful scene and nothing more. Then there's the behavioral aspects as well. Uncertainty principles applied to behavioral biology state that a creatures behavior likely changes as a result of the interfering studying of their behavior. I mean this isn't the Paleozoic anymore, who's to say they're behaving much at all the same as they did back then? These species have never seen a car, a human, an electric fence before. Not to mention there's only limited numbers of them, there's species missing that they likely could or would have interacted with back then, and it's a complete mixture of period dinosaurs too so they are potentially interacting with animals they never would have in nature as well. And surely in a cage they wouldn't be acting natural, particularly carnivores as they're not going to just allow them to hunt their other genetic assets. In Lost World and the sequels where they're more wild the behavioral thing holds more ground.

It is of my understanding though that many people seem to have misinterpreted that a LOT more dinosaurs had feathers than really actually did. From what I've gathered, it was most Dromaeosauridae and Ornithomimidae with like a few select others. But there's quite a bit that didn't.

Last edited:
Reaction score
OMG I can't believe I forgot to mention that too. That's another major factor in DinoRider pricing - breakage. It's SO HARD to find any with any breaks. If it wasn't the dinosaurs, it was the armor.

Deinonychus was also my first experience with a raptor. Actually, there were a couple dinosaurs back then that were HUGE that aren't really nearly as used in pop culture as they used to be. Back in my day, you used to see Deinonychus, Styracosaurus, Diplodocus, and Allosaurus a LOT more than you do today. You also saw a lot more of Dimetrodon and Plesiosaurus when I was a kid for other creatures.

Yeah it's my understanding that really, the films Velociraptors basically are Deinonychus in all but name. I believe in the original script they were called that and there's some concept art of them with the labeling "Deinonychus" on it too. Like you said, Steven and Crichton just thought that the Velociraptor name had a cooler ring too it. I mean really, he's not wrong. Velociraptor just flows off the tongue better, it's got a vicious and stealthy sound to it. Then like during or shortly after JP, then Utahraptor was discovered and it was this really strange and convenient find that sort of retrospectively justified the film ones. Cool little factoid.

Well I mean, if you want to get technical that scene in JW isn't really a retcon or anything but more just a more thorough explanation of what they're actually doing. It's pretty clear that even back in JP, these are facsimiles of real dinosaurs and not actually the real things themselves. They don't outright say it, but it's there from the get-go. Just the very inclusion of frog DNA proves they're not perfect clones. They're basically the closest you can get. Think of a bad Xerox copy of a bad Xerox copy. Hammond just settled for, "Meh! Close enough." I always assumed the splicing explained some of the more real-world scientific inaccuracies away. It's basically a de-facto built-in excuse in the continuity, so I never really got why people get so up in arms over not 100% scientifically accurate aspects in JP. I mean, I always took the Dilophosaurus for a juvenile firstly to explain away the size, but I took the frill and venom as a potential side-effect of splicing in other creatures. Who's to say what it would really do to the final product? But then again, also a fun idea is...who's to say what we'd learn if we could re-create these creatures that we...DIDN'T...already know? It's pretty arrogant to assume that all the theories would just be proven right or we already knew all there was to know, right? Who's to say one wouldn't be poisonous, have camouflage, etc.? It's not impossible that some prehistoric creatures may have, it's just not possible to prove it or which. There's plenty of "What if?" possibilities that just can't be told from fossilization. It's just out of the box thinking for the sake of dramatization, the same with say the Rex's eyesight. It's just included to make for a more suspenseful scene and nothing more. Then there's the behavioral aspects as well. Uncertainty principles applied to behavioral biology state that a creatures behavior likely changes as a result of the interfering studying of their behavior. I mean this isn't the Paleozoic anymore, who's to say they're behaving much at all the same as they did back then? These species have never seen a car, a human, an electric fence before. Not to mention there's only limited numbers of them, there's species missing that they likely could or would have interacted with back then, and it's a complete mixture of period dinosaurs too so they are potentially interacting with animals they never would have in nature as well. And surely in a cage they wouldn't be acting natural, particularly carnivores as they're not going to just allow them to hunt their other genetic assets. In Lost World and the sequels where they're more wild the behavioral thing holds more ground.

It is of my understanding though that many people seem to have misinterpreted that a LOT more dinosaurs had feathers than really actually did. From what I've gathered, it was most Dromaeosauridae and Ornithomimidae with like a few select others. But there's quite a bit that didn't.
Yeah, once again, the scientific community is all about who gets to disprove common belief and be the loudest voice. So few dinosaurs had actual feathers though many totally were descendants to actual birds. Archaeopteryx was one the earliest ones I knew had them from my dino books as a kid. It's been proven over and over again from actual clay and fossilize indentations that most dinos had lizard like skin just like in JP. One guy says feathers and suddenly JPIII is filled with cockatoos! I get that scientific advancement happens from disproving old theories to make way for new truths, but there is a certain condescending petulance about it that I just can't stand for.

It just gets rather annoying when a few small discoveries are made and become ubiquitous or status quo for all, which isn't even close to the case. Brontosaurus lives, Pluto is still a planet and dinos had exposed skin lol!

Reaction score
Yeah, once again, the scientific community is all about who gets to disprove common belief and be the loudest voice. So few dinosaurs had actual feathers though many totally were descendants to actual birds. Archaeopteryx was one the earliest ones I knew had them from my dino books as a kid. It's been proven over and over again from actual clay and fossilize indentations that most dinos had lizard like skin just like in JP. One guy says feathers and suddenly JPIII is filled with cockatoos! I get that scientific advancement happens from disproving old theories to make way for new truths, but there is a certain condescending petulance about it that I just can't stand for.

It just gets rather annoying when a few small discoveries are made and become ubiquitous or status quo for all, which isn't even close to the case. Brontosaurus lives, Pluto is still a planet and dinos had exposed skin lol!
Absolutely. I've always put it this way, a lot of people make a very blank statement: Dinosaurs had feathers. Well when you think about that, that's a very broad misguiding expression. That would be like saying animals today have feathers. While it's not wrong...it's not a whole truth either. It can be misinforming and could be expressed more accurately as modern birds have feathers. It would be no different than saying say...animals can breathe under water. Yeah, some can...but shouldn't you say fish can? So when I hear "Dinosaurs had fathers," I get vaguely annoyed and always say "Don't you actually mean some species of dinosaurs had feathers?"

Reaction score
With Wal-Mart's virtual Con today, did any Mattel Jurassic stuff get revealed for Legacy? Just curious what the other item is outside of the the Nedry set ?

Reaction score
With Wal-Mart's virtual Con today, did any Mattel Jurassic stuff get revealed for Legacy? Just curious what the other item is outside of the the Nedry set ?
Nothing too exciting. All I saw that they revealed today are Amber Collection's Ray Arnold full list of accessories: two spare hands, computer, headseat, and severed arm.

Reaction score
Yes, I did know of the controversy - I just think Brontosaurus should have been Apatosaurus to begin with. Give Apatasaurs the new name when a new species is found.

But I read Brontosaurs are back to stay, not that it was still up in the air. I can't stand these Paleontologists, as bad as astrologists messing with Pluto. Everybody wants to intentionally find things to rock the boat and get their name in the history books. Just look throughout all of the 80s and early 90s, Brontosaurus was EVERYWHERE! I want him back lol
I shouldn’t keep going on about this... But here I go.

Brontosaurs couldn‘t have been apatosaurus to begin with, because apatosaurus was the name for that dinosaur to begin with. Those are the rules for naming dinosaurs. And from the start brontosaurus was said to be a completely different dinosaur species from apatosaurus.

More than that, the thing is Brontosaurus as discovered never existed. The skeleton was an apatosaurus body with the wrong head and some other upsized bones from another dinosaur. So it wasn’t ever an actual animal that lived. Its like a lion skull on a tiger body skeleton. Or an elephant skeleton with a rhino skull. Or a mermaid skeleton made out of a human and fish skeleton.

Pluto is an real object in space that has had questions raised about it‘s classification as a planet. That Pluto exists is not in question. Actually it’s not in question if Brontosaurus existed. It didn’t. Brontosaurus is more like a hoax.

Maybe brontosaurus was created as an honest mistake... but the man who found it was at the time involved in a highly competitive and profitable race to discover new dinosaur species before the competition. This was later called ‘the bone wars ‘ and ‘great dinosaur rush’. It was as much a feud as a race by the end, with all manner of ruthless tricks to get ahead or keep rivals behind. The bigger and more exotic a dinosaur discover the better. While ’brontosauras’ was still being excavated another team found and removed a skeleton of the same species. The first to find a new species gets the naming rights - and at that time the fame and money. So they named the new type of dinosaur Apatosaurus.

The brontosaurus team getting scooped meant their skeleton was not big news... or a big pay day. But a different and even bigger dinosaur with a better name and beefed up head and other features - now that was news.

So brontosaurus never existed as it was first presented. I think both names should just be used interchangeably. Thunderlizard is a great name. It’s captured imaginations for over 100 years. I understand there are rules for discovering new animals and how naming work. perhaps this is the one time an exception can or should be made.

Reaction score
Found the Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Jurassic Park 3-pack today at Target. Nice little set. I'm always up for some small diecast helicopters and aircraft in general. The only other new one I saw was a new Fast and Furious set with 3 sports/muscle cars. I know for sure it was a 3rd F&F set different from the first 2 that have been released. Wasn't really interested in them, but I may pick it up another time if I see it. I feel like I never know when I need some small vehicles at various scales to pair with other toys I have to make a display.

Reaction score
I think Wal-Mart's thing was just Hasbro brands. Victoria's Cantina just did a video recently highlighting how Hasbro and some other companies have done stuff to reach out and hold fan events online during the pandemic and contrasted that to how Mattel has been silent and basically doesn't really make efforts to attempt the fan/collector community at all. They don't even really make announcements. The Amber collection reveals and apatosaurus basically came from CollectJurassic.com. It was even implied that those only happened because they reached out to Mattel to find out what was happening.

Reaction score
I noticed BBTS has the Jurassic World Nano Hollywood Rides set for pre-order.

Reaction score
Legacy items aren't Jurassic World items, so it wouldn't be that.
I wish that were true @SaberSonic83 but Mattel actually did place the Apato under the Legacy Collection. So now that Mattel considers Jurassic World era figures as part of the Legacy Collection, our chances of getting more figures from the original trilogy are even less :confused:

Reaction score
I wish that were true @SaberSonic83 but Mattel actually did place the Apato under the Legacy Collection. So now that Mattel considers Jurassic World era figures as part of the Legacy Collection, our chances of getting more figures from the original trilogy are even less :confused:

Wow - well thanks for catching that detail I can't believe I missed it, but yeah, that is SUPER lame! They've essentially appropriated everything from the originals and then cast everything original aside. Sound familiar to another huge franchise?:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Wow - well thanks for catching that detail I can't believe I missed it, but yeah, that is SUPER lame! They've essentially appropriated everything from the originals and then cast everything original aside. Sound familiar to another huge franchise?:rolleyes:
My excitement for the yet-to-be-revealed Legacy items has gone down dramatically. One is most likely the Apto, another could be the Nedry Escape set (or has it already been officially revealed?), and that would leave just one more for the entire year. Dino Trainer Owen repacked on Legacy card :LOL:

Reaction score
So the Legacy reveal today was indeed the Nedry Getaway set. That leaves a Legacy reveal for May 19th, and another one August 18th. Both one item each. One of those dates could be the official reveal of the Apato, so that leaves us with one more lousy reveal. And I'm honestly even less excited about the future of Legacy with the lackluster paint job on Nedry's Jeep.

Reaction score
So the Legacy reveal today was indeed the Nedry Getaway set. That leaves a Legacy reveal for May 19th, and another one August 18th. Both one item each. One of those dates could be the official reveal of the Apato, so that leaves us with one more lousy reveal. And I'm honestly even less excited about the future of Legacy with the lackluster paint job on Nedry's Jeep.
Yeah I was going to mention that paint job, like these are supposed to be geared towards collectors, how is simple detail like that missing? I'm still concerned that the Jeep doesn't even have the tow winch set up like the last one, essentially rendering the feature useless on the very Jeep that should have that feature.....ugh, I digress.

Reaction score
Yeah I was going to mention that paint job, like these are supposed to be geared towards collectors, how is simple detail like that missing? I'm still concerned that the Jeep doesn't even have the tow winch set up like the last one, essentially rendering the feature useless on the very Jeep that should have that feature.....ugh, I digress.
The prototype looked really good, but the missing red stripe and unpainted step on the final product really jump out at you. On the plus side, Nedry looks good. It's nice to get a new human figure and the box art is really nice.

Reaction score
I'm not familiar enough with the actual jeeps to know really what's lacking on the deco, so I'm super happy with it! I'm ABSOLUTELY getting one.

Reaction score
I wonder if the bodies pop or unscrew off of the frames of the Jeeps so you could swap the winch frames to make a correct Nedry Jeep...? And the paint apps, while annoying, can be fixed in a few minutes! Customizers always finishing the job the toy companies start!

Reaction score
I wonder if the bodies pop or unscrew off of the frames of the Jeeps so you could swap the winch frames to make a correct Nedry Jeep...? And the paint apps, while annoying, can be fixed in a few minutes! Customizers always finishing the job the toy companies start!
Very true, but they shouldn't have to!

Reaction score
Ugh is that the final packaging with the Jeep and figures exposed? No window box? I hate when they do that. I dont want snot-nosed kids' grubby sticky hands touching my toys in stores before me, lol. Plus with all the inaccuracies, I think I will pass on this.

Reaction score
Ford Explorer with Tim Murphy and T-rex set announced today!
saw that announcement on Instagram today - I'd be a lot more psyched if the Rex was actually the correct size and not the terribly underscaled 10th resculpt of the thing - the Explorer looks awesome. I hate to even nitpick because it's so awesome that we're getting it, but it looks a little too yellowed out to me with not enough green in the paint job. So cool we are finally getting Tim! Lex is sure to come next. Really think the humans deserve more accessories though. Grant should be able to remove his hat, Malcolm should have removable glasses that don't leave holes in his head, Muldoon should have a hat, both Muldoon and Ellie should have soft goods removable jackets, or even rubber if it works better with flashlights and walkie talkies. It's great that they at least included the night vision goggles with Tim.

Reaction score
Ford Explorer with Tim Murphy and T-rex set announced today!
That's awesome, but why include the T-Rex. They've made him a bunch of times. There always seems to be some version of the T-Rex for sale at Target at any given time. The Explorer and figure would sell just fine on it's own.

Reaction score
Finally a T rex for my Batcave!

Oh & I will be happy to have another 1:18th scale movie car to add to my collection. :) 🚗🚙🏎

Reaction score
I've got to say...FINALLY! Admittedly, I wish it didn't come with the Rex. I don't really need YET ANOTHER. But they totally knooooooow that. It's probably a way of getting rid of the ones that didn't sell because they KNOW we'll buy this. Ideally, I'd rather:

- Lex and Tim with Explorer
- Genaro with Explorer
- A combo of any of the above or all of the above.
- or -
- All of the above AND the Rex...because then the sting of its inclusion wouldn't hurt AS bad.

But hey, in the end, I'm happy. I know toy companies always think we're just a bunch of ungrateful complainers, so I will say...I AM grateful for this. I mean, end of the day, we're getting the Nerdy set with Jeep and Dilo, the Apatosaurus, and now this on TOP of all sorts of new non-screen but very cool dinosaurs ALL on top of Amber Collection too. It's a great time to be a JP collector.

Also for those who are a fan of Camp Cretaceous, little too kiddie for me, but I've seen photos of more human figures coming. They seem to come, surprisingly, with attack pack scale dinosaurs and not hatchlings.

So there goes Tim. I do wish there was a shot of him without goggles. Another to mark off the list. That just leaves Ray Arnold, Lex, and Genaro (and ideally a generic JP worker) and we're set. I'd say anything else is pure luck at this point like, say, a playset or perhaps even like the Raptor cage from the opening or a "break-apart" outhouse to reenact poor Donald's fate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My sentiments and thoughts exactly!

Lex is now bound to happen, if Tim is any indication. I would of course purchase any of the other items you mentioned as well. I would love to see solid cases of generic hard hat workers and Jeep drivers. Next to the Explorer, that would be a real holy grail childhood dream come true in 3.75.

Reaction score
I still haven't watched Camp Cretacious yet, but I'm excited to buy the human/dino sets just to get new humans. With that said, I'm VERY excited for the Tim/explorer set and the Nedry/jeep set.

Reaction score
I still haven't watched Camp Cretacious yet, but I'm excited to buy the human/dino sets just to get new humans. With that said, I'm VERY excited for the Tim/explorer set and the Nedry/jeep set.
Brother you won't be happy....then again I can't speak for you. My point is: they're cartoon animated figures and NOT realistic so they don't fit.

Reaction score
Brother you won't be happy....then again I can't speak for you. My point is: they're cartoon animated figures and NOT realistic so they don't fit.
The lack of human figures made me stop buying dinosaurs probably a year ago and sucked away all my excitement for both the 4 inch line and the Amber collection. I moved at the end of last year and had no intention of bring my Jurassic stuff out of the bin I put it all in. Im excited that they're doing more than just a one-off human. And if I do display everything again, i can keep these separated by dinosaurs.