Jurassic World 2 Mattel Toys

Reaction score
That's funny how Nedry turned out to be the one stuck in the Barbasol can!

I rewatched the Land of the Lost movie this past weekend. Is it wrong that I would love some figures of Marshall, Will and Holly to throw in with a T-Rex from JP? I would love even more to have figures from the original series!!

Reaction score
That's funny how Nedry turned out to be the one stuck in the Barbasol can!

I rewatched the Land of the Lost movie this past weekend. Is it wrong that I would love some figures of Marshall, Will and Holly to throw in with a T-Rex from JP? I would love even more to have figures from the original series!!
I loved the 90s show - it was really well done. Loved the treehouse and the white Jeep Cherokee. The original was pretty cool for what it was, the was the version my mom watched when she was a kid. It cracked me up that they were obsessed with "getting the gear!" in like every episode.

Reaction score
Finally got around to watching Season 2 of Camp Cretaceous. I enjoyed it about as much as the 1st season. Although it's written for a younger audience I still thought it was interesting enough to keep watching. I'm in for Season 3.

Reaction score
It looks good overall - a dumb decision NOT to inlaced the already sculpted Barbasol can, as is the dumb inclusion of the brown/red patch on the Dilo's back. Like...that is NEVER in the movie, Mattel! What are these guys smoking? They give us a 3/4 Rex and some crap painted Dilo when the Legacy Collection is supposed to be for the collectors and maintain accuracy? I just don't get it - the Jeep has some amazing updates and detail, yet it doesn't look like it has the operating winch! So we got it on the Jeep that ISN'T Nedry's and is never used in the movie, but for the actual Jeep that needs it, they leave it off?! Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just some dumb decisions all around surrounding this otherwise nice set.

I hope they crank more Legacy out to go with this.

Reaction score
Wish that I had gotten the Barbasol Nedry. I'm sure I would have if there was a SDCC this past year. Now it's a bit pricey, of course.

Not surprised they re-released this figure, but I personally would prefer Hawaiian shirt version myself.

Reaction score
Wish that I had gotten the Barbasol Nedry. I'm sure I would have if there was a SDCC this past year. Now it's a bit pricey, of course.

Not surprised they re-released this figure, but I personally would prefer Hawaiian shirt version myself.
Oh no brother, you got it mixed up. They DID do the Hawaiian shirt version and that's the exclusive Barbasol can one. It does exist, my man. I'm more than happy to help you get one if need be. I have a friend who has two, he may be willing to sell. But this is the raincoat death scene Nedry. The Barbasol can one wasn't.

Reaction score
Oh no brother, you got it mixed up. They DID do the Hawaiian shirt version and that's the exclusive Barbasol can one. It does exist, my man. I'm more than happy to help you get one if need be. I have a friend who has two, he may be willing to sell. But this is the raincoat death scene Nedry. The Barbasol can one wasn't.
I know! I just meant that I, personally, would rather have the Hawaiian shirt version that came with the can packaging. Sorry for the confusion.

What would your friend want for it? I'm afraid the ebay prices are more than I want to spend...thanks for asking either way!

Reaction score
I know! I just meant that I, personally, would rather have the Hawaiian shirt version that came with the can packaging. Sorry for the confusion.

What would your friend want for it? I'm afraid the ebay prices are more than I want to spend...thanks for asking either way!
Oh I'm sorry, I may have also misread. I'm not sure, gimmie time but if he is willing I'll PM you. Though he seems very no, but I may be able to talk him into it. See IMO JP fandom is the best because we understand more than more. Survival. Now not by any means do I mean toy collecting is survival but...what I do mean is I'll talk to him and try.

Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry, I may have also misread. I'm not sure, gimmie time but if he is willing I'll PM you. Though he seems very no, but I may be able to talk him into it. See IMO JP fandom is the best because we understand more than more. Survival. Now not by any means do I mean toy collecting is survival but...what I do mean is I'll talk to him and try.
Okay. Thanks in any event, no worries if he's not interested. :D

Reaction score
It's still a bit frustrating that the only way to get Nedry is as some sort of "Deluxe" set either the can or this, am I to assume this will also be an Exclusive? Same way with Hammond too though. I guess if they ever make the kids it ill be with the Explorer as well?

Reaction score
It's still a bit frustrating that the only way to get Nedry is as some sort of "Deluxe" set either the can or this, am I to assume this will also be an Exclusive? Same way with Hammond too though. I guess if they ever make the kids it ill be with the Explorer as well?
I agree with your point, but Id actually be ok with getting the kids and an explorer. That would be 3 new things in one box. Better than what they did for the camp Cretacious set.

Reaction score
I'm less than impressed with the Amber Collection Malcolm v2. It looks like it's just a reissue of the first Amber Malcolm with a couple of minor tweaks. It should've been a TLW Malcolm. That would've gone well with TLW Tiger Raptor releasing at the same time.

Reaction score
I saw a comment saying that the articulation may be updated a bit (are double-jointed elbows new?), but I agree. And Ray Arnold looks nice, but I'm not gonna buy him. Hopefully the rest are coming sooner than later.

Reaction score
I saw a comment saying that the articulation may be updated a bit (are double-jointed elbows new?), but I agree. And Ray Arnold looks nice, but I'm not gonna buy him. Hopefully the rest are coming sooner than later.
I'll get Arnold and a few of TLW Raptors. No interest in Malcolm and little interest in the Pteranodon.

Reaction score
Where are you guys seeing these pics? I saw the two dinos but not the humans.

Also, I got Delta on clearance at Target for like $18

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks!

The added articulation is cool but I've gotten kind of spoiled by the Hasbro faces lately... those JP heads don't look very good by comparison! Until we see Grant I'll probably just stick to the dinos.

Reaction score
Thanks!

The added articulation is cool but I've gotten kind of spoiled by the Hasbro faces lately... those JP heads don't look very good by comparison! Until we see Grant I'll probably just stick to the dinos.
Mattel really needs to hop on the face print train. I remember how awful some of the Ellie's were. I know it's 3.75" scale but still.

Reaction score
It's funny, the Arnold figure is both cool (just for merely existing) but also really fugly - Mattel just seems AWFUL at making human figures lately. His arms and hands look like a wax model or something. The way his sleeves look are really odd and his head seems like the best part of the whole figure. I love the computer accessory of course and THAT BETTER BE COMING FOR LEGACY 3.75"! I'm just sick of Mattel phoning it in for humans - like I don't even collect 6" nor will I ever, but I'd be livid to get that exact same Malcolm again. Their creativity is nil and their laziness is at its peak - no glasses off, no battle damaged shirt and pants with bone sticking out, a more open shirt - he NEVER used a walkie-talkie looking like THAT I can tell you! Just really lame all around - they don't give a s*** about humans and simply throw a fan bone once a year. We got Hammond and Nedry over the course of 2 whole years and now will finally have a Nedry with Dilo in Legacy. Far too long between releases and far too little love and creativity going into the human lines. Even the Dilo has a dumb brown paint job on his back - it looks nothing like the movie outside of the frill.

But just overall, the Mattel figures can't hold a candle to Hasbro's sculpting, detailing and likenesses.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw that today on Insta - looks pretty good. I just hate the name Apatosaurus. I'm an 80s kid and it was forever be Brontosaurus for me (my favorite dino). Bias aside, it looks cool. I've seen a lot of hate for it, but at least they are making it. That sucker is huge. I wish they actually took time to feature a dino or two outside of Blue and I-Rex in JW.

To me, the new movies are just dino diarrhea. So much useless and profuse CGI that it's hard to even nail down a specific dino or design. That is but one thing the original did so right - we got our Brachi intro scene which was incredible (the early raptor teases), full-on T-Rex reveal (best scene of the movie!), Dilo playful reveal, even the shots with the other Brachis are great and early we see the Hadrosaurs by the lake, which I always found so cool. They blended like a flock of real animals, not the computer vomit that the sequels seem to be about. I think isolating the dinos not only makes them more memorable, but more iconic too. For the Apatosaur, all I really remember is how dang sad I was that was obliterated to its last breath by the I-Rex, you hardly see it grazing in any beauty in the prior scenes.

Weird he looks green on the box, he/she's CLEARLY a dark stone blue in the movie.

Reaction score
I saw that today on Insta - looks pretty good. I just hate the name Apatosaurus. I'm an 80s kid and it was forever be Brontosaurus for me (my favorite dino). Bias aside, it looks cool. I've seen a lot of hate for it, but at least they are making it. That sucker is huge. I wish they actually took time to feature a dino or two outside of Blue and I-Rex in JW.

To me, the new movies are just dino diarrhea. So much useless and profuse CGI that it's hard to even nail down a specific dino or design. That is but one thing the original did so right - we got our Brachi intro scene which was incredible (the early raptor teases), full-on T-Rex reveal (best scene of the movie!), Dilo playful reveal, even the shots with the other Brachis are great and early we see the Hadrosaurs by the lake, which I always found so cool. They blended like a flock of real animals, not the computer vomit that the sequels seem to be about. I think isolating the dinos not only makes them more memorable, but more iconic too. For the Apatosaur, all I really remember is how dang sad I was that was obliterated to its last breath by the I-Rex, you hardly see it grazing in any beauty in the prior scenes.

Weird he looks green on the box, he/she's CLEARLY a dark stone blue in the movie.
Brontosaurus is the better name. Unfortunately the original Brontosaurus wasn’t a new kind of dinosaur, but the result of a mistake when an Apatosaurus skeleton and Camarasaurus skeleton where thought to be the skeleton of a unique type of Dinosaur. Mostly it had the wrong head.

That was recognized by the 1920s but took a long time for pop culture to catch up. As of six years ago Brontosaurus is sort of back. It’s possible there are two types of Apatosaurus - or just as likely one type and some were just larger. But for now there is a Brontosaurus again - but that’s not finalized.

Reaction score
Yeah I was going to say, I wanna say I heard Brontosaurus got re-classified as existing. But on this particular paleo subject, I'm no expert. I'm just so thrilled to have another Sauropod in the collection. A big gun one too. 8 year old me dreamed of getting too scale Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus in a JP line. Now we've got BOTH! And shockingly affordably.

Reaction score
picked up the Jada Nano Hollywood Jurassic World set yesterday at Walmart.

Nice! Out of curiosity did you see any other new nano rides like new GI Joe ones? I heard they is supposed to be a set with a Sky Striker, but not sure when.

Reaction score
Brontosaurus is the better name. Unfortunately the original Brontosaurus wasn’t a new kind of dinosaur, but the result of a mistake when an Apatosaurus skeleton and Camarasaurus skeleton where thought to be the skeleton of a unique type of Dinosaur. Mostly it had the wrong head.

That was recognized by the 1920s but took a long time for pop culture to catch up. As of six years ago Brontosaurus is sort of back. It’s possible there are two types of Apatosaurus - or just as likely one type and some were just larger. But for now there is a Brontosaurus again - but that’s not finalized.
I forgot to mention: another strange dino controversy, one more recent, that I'm somewhat familiar with was Triceratops. Now no two ways about it, it's easily one of if not the most iconic dinosaur of all-time. I'd say it and T-Rex. But an article maybe about 8 to 10 years ago came out claiming Triceratops didn't exist. Now that was a clickbait headline, but when you read the article you saw it was a sham. It claimed that Paleontologist believe now that the Triceratops was simply a juvenile Torosaurus. Think how it's a common belief now that Stygimoloch is just a juvenile Pachycephalosaurus. Well that doesn't mean Triceratops didn't exist then! It was just a controversial headline designed to get hits off the outrage. But what was bizarre to me was, IMO wouldn't the smart move to be swap the names? Only paleo dorks like me know Torosaurus, but EVERYONE knows Triceratops. And to the casual public, if you showed them a picture of Torosaurus and said "What's this dinosaur?" they'd say Triceratops. So why not swap the name of Torosaurus to Triceratops then? And then, this is where I'm hazy, I believe the ENTIRE THING was debunked in the FIRST PLACE and Triceratops is Triceratops and Torosaurus is Torosaurus. So all this hubbub over nothing.

Another funny one in the Paleo community is the constantly changing Spinosaurus. Another day, another new Spino. Hah!

Reaction score
Nice! Out of curiosity did you see any other new nano rides like new GI Joe ones? I heard they is supposed to be a set with a Sky Striker, but not sure when.
I didn't hear of a 2nd Nano set for G.I. Joe. I have all of the Hollywood sets (minus Fast and Furious) and love them. I really hope that Jada gives us more and continues the Hollywood series with more Batmobiles, and TV shows like The A-Team, Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard, James Bond etc

Reaction score
I didn't hear of a 2nd Nano set for G.I. Joe. I have all of the Hollywood sets (minus Fast and Furious) and love them. I really hope that Jada gives us more and continues the Hollywood series with more Batmobiles, and TV shows like The A-Team, Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard, James Bond etc
just found this pic showcasing series 2 and 3 of the nano G.I. JOE line

Attachments

Reaction score

Yes, I did know of the controversy - I just think Brontosaurus should have been Apatosaurus to begin with. Give Apatasaurs the new name when a new species is found.

But I read Brontosaurs are back to stay, not that it was still up in the air. I can't stand these Paleontologists, as bad as astrologists messing with Pluto. Everybody wants to intentionally find things to rock the boat and get their name in the history books. Just look throughout all of the 80s and early 90s, Brontosaurus was EVERYWHERE! I want him back lol

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
Only paleo dorks like me know Torosaurus, but EVERYONE knows Triceratops. And to the casual public, if you showed them a picture of Torosaurus and said "What's this dinosaur?" they'd say Triceratops.
Hey! Don't be too hard on the Torosaurus! ;)

Its one of my favorites thanks to Dino-Riders. It was probably my most played toy from of the Dino-Riders way back when. I would LOVE to see them do a Torosaurus in the Jurassic World line (or even better a compatible spin off Dino-Riders line using the same scale and molds!)

Reaction score
Dino Riders was a great little line. I had the Deinonychus (and the Pteradon, I think). Also had a little two pack of one hammerhead guy and a dark haired human warrior.

Also did you guys see that Camp Cretacious got renewed again for a 3rd season? They are already releasing it in May! I guess I have to catch up on the S2.