Jurassic World 2 Mattel Toys

Reaction score
See that is one thing a lot who are calling this "brilliant" that DID have issue with...but I oddly didn't?! The kids! YES most are annoying! But my God, I cannot tell you how many kids today that my friends have that are CONSTANTLY on their phones recording crap and trying to be an "influencer," so they call them. That DIDN'T bother me! Yeah they're obnoxious, but the kids actually are fairly accurate to how kids are today.
If anything, it should be a sharp reminder and wake-up to parents that their parenting sucks and a large majority of kids today are lost souls, lost in their stupid technology. I can attest to this, I'm a high school teacher. I see it all the time. They don't even feel comfortable having physical human communication anymore. You can always tell the good ones because their parents raised them to be more resilient, to be bored at times and not leave them with the "babysitter" aka their phones and tablets. I feel like Cable Guy was an oddly prophetic movie now, so scary...and I already hate 2020 enough lol.

Reaction score
A few years ago I caught the end of The Cable Guy on tv and when he goes in his rant at the end he's describing stuff like Wi-Fi and all this other stuff that sounded like mad gibberish that became reality about 16/17 years later. It really gave that ending a different feel with the benefit of hindsight.

Reaction score
Indominus running past them while getting pursued by Masrani's helicopter was cool.
My only problem with that is it was the wrong helicopter. In the movie, JW001 is a Eurocopter EC130 B4, but in the show, it's a Bell 407 (previously misidentified it as a 206L LongRanger) with some embellishments (such as a sliding side door and a fenestron). The EC130 and Bell 407 look nothing alike, really.

Movie:

Camp Cretaceous:

This modified Bell 407 model is used for every single chopper in the show, too, from the extraction chopper in the video came to the black chopper Kenji arrives in. I found this incredibly lazy. I know nobody else cares, and that to most people, including the makers of Camp Cretaceous, apparently, a helicopter is a helicopter, but to me this represents a pretty egregious lack of attention to detail. Masrani's chopper was seen several times and was established as a Eurocopter EC130, which looks a certain way. The slope of the front end, the shape of the runners, the engine, etc. Ergo if they wanted to include JW001 in the show they should've used the correct type of helicopter, not another Bell 407, which has a different front, a longer body and different runners . It's lazy, and cheap, and you can't tell me they didn't have the money to model a second helicopter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So we got Brachiosaurus, Indominous, the Raptor squad (albeit briefly), Mosasaurus, Carnotaurus, Sinoceratops, Ankylosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Compsognathus, Pteranodon, and Stegosaurus. I don't believe I saw any Gallimimus, Apatosaurus, or Triceratops in the herds, oddly, and I don't really count Tyrannosaurus Rex as it only appears in the opening credit sequence and a video game.

Am I the only one disappointed there wasn't an entirely new species somewhere or at least a species that just doesn't get much love? I'd love to see something with the Pachycephalosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Dilophosaurus. All three of these either never really got any special sequence or (in the case of the Dilo) have been almost entirely forgotten for soooo long. I mean, surely there's species and attractions in the park we...didn't...see on film. I know there's a Pachy Arena, the Dilo had a hologram so seemingly implies it's on the island, also as mentioned in a prior post that Plesiosaurus is on a holo-display as well and there's concept art for a Plesiosaur Pond. Then on the viral marketing website for the Dinosaur Protection Group it has Suchomimus, Microceratus, Edmontosaurus, and Metriacanthosaurus listed as living on the island at SOME point in time before falling extinct or very endangered sometime shortly before or during Fallen Kingdom.

I hope we just get something new in season 2.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Assuming we do get a season two. I just heard Netflix canceled The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. I'm noticing a trend. First the new Mystery Science Theater 3000, now Age of Resistance. Considering their penchant for axing perfectly good shows, I'm suddenly concerned we won't get a second season two for Camp Cretaceous.

Reaction score
Assuming we do get a season two. I just heard Netflix canceled The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. I'm noticing a trend. First the new Mystery Science Theater 3000, now Age of Resistance. Considering their penchant for axing perfectly good shows, I'm suddenly concerned we won't get a second season two for Camp Cretaceous.
I will neeeeeeeever forgive them for cancelling Daredevil. Season 3 was the best one too. That's my favorite live-action show of all-time, it was freaking brilliant. HECK, I argue it's superior to the MCU movies. Though to be honest, I'm not 100% sure that was Netflix so much as Disney due to Disney Plus coming out.

Like I said, I wasn't blown away by Camp Cretaceous...but I'm still on board for a season 2 and they clearly set it up for that. So if it does get cancelled, it'll be sooooo open ended and unsatisfying. They'd need to almost do a comic or novel to tie it up, I'd rather than than it just abandoned entirely. But of course, ideally, just a straight-up season 2 is my preference.

Reaction score
So we got Brachiosaurus, Indominous, the Raptor squad (albeit briefly), Mosasaurus, Carnotaurus, Sinoceratops, Ankylosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Compsognathus, Pteranodon, and Stegosaurus. I don't believe I saw any Gallimimus, Apatosaurus, or Triceratops in the herds, oddly, and I don't really count Tyrannosaurus Rex as it only appears in the opening credit sequence and a video game.

Am I the only one disappointed there wasn't an entirely new species somewhere or at least a species that just doesn't get much love? I'd love to see something with the Pachycephalosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Dilophosaurus. All three of these either never really got any special sequence or (in the case of the Dilo) have been almost entirely forgotten for soooo long. I mean, surely there's species and attractions in the park we...didn't...see on film. I know there's a Pachy Arena, the Dilo had a hologram so seemingly implies it's on the island, also as mentioned in a prior post that Plesiosaurus is on a holo-display as well and there's concept art for a Plesiosaur Pond. Then on the viral marketing website for the Dinosaur Protection Group it has Suchomimus, Microceratus, Edmontosaurus, and Metriacanthosaurus listed as living on the island at SOME point in time before falling extinct or very endangered sometime shortly before or during Fallen Kingdom.

I hope we just get something new in season 2.
I'm really glad we didn't get new dinos - here's why: Jurassic World seems to have the penchant for showing new dinos a ton, but never exploring them. I feel like the Carnotaurus, for example, was so poorly used in the entire series thus far. Obviously TORO is kind of making up for that. Even the Allosaurus in that live-action campground short was cool. I think to add more dinos in the park and keep it expanding species is just wholly unrealistic, considering what dinos were already there from JP and ones that Wu added. It's so freaking hard to get the DNA extracted, I feel like people act like InGen just cranks them out whilly nilly. I'd love to see more dedication to the dinos we didn't get to see much of. During Jurassic Park's events, where were all the Parasauralophuses? They were seen beautifully CGI'd into the early across the water shot, giving it such scale and majesty. I'd love to see them more, we just see one get captured in TLW and that's it. Done. Pachy at least gets to ram a guy through a car, funny scene, but that's it - just like the little one from Fallen Kingdom. Triceratops was sick in the first one - at least one gets to smash through a tent in TLW, but otherwise, no scenes for one of the most popular dinos in history!? We haven't revisited Dilophosaurus since the original movie which is heinous, it was such a popular dino! I feel it's better to work with what you've got and dive in deeper than to simply parade shiny new objects around a screen.

Reaction score
I mean I get the innate absurdity of including more and more species (it's kind of just one of those things you just have to buy into)...but I do think it's kind of an unsaid rule that every movie at least include something new. Just to keep interest, I suppose. I mean you have the initial 7 species in JP: Velociraptor, Brachiosaurus, Parasaurolophus (very briefly), Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Dilophosaurus, and Gallimimus. They added the Compy, Stegosaurus, Pachy, with Mamenchisaurus in a very small roll and the very brief technical debut of the Pteranodon with TLW. JP/// introduced Spinosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Ankylosaurus, and Corythosaurus as well as what I count as the "true" Pteranodon debut. JW brought Mosasaurus, Apatosaurus, and Dimorphodon. Fallen Kingdom brings Carnotaurus, Allosaurus, Baryonyx, Stygimoloch, and Sinoceratops. Technically even Big Rock introduced the Nasutoceratops.

But like I said, I mean there is...apparently...stuff on the island that we just haven't seen yet. Like I want to say, if you look on the map for even the original JP, it shows stuff we've never seen before on the tour. I'm fine with those showing up. Plus, as said, there's plenty that just never got much attention. I'd love to see the kids, if season 2 happens, get caught in the Pachy Arena. Herbivores so rarely get action scenes. We know at least Sorna had a Ceratosaurus which was sadly just used for a very brief gag. If it's true and a lot of the Sorna dinosaurs were transferred to Nublar's Jurassic World, I'd love to see it in action. Dilophosaurus is easily the most wanted return. I mean...it's really baffling that it's never been on screen once since the original film. It was so memorable and popular. Even more baffling is apparently it was going to cameo in Fallen Kingdom, you can def. hear it in the prologue, but it was cut. I'm not even sure if the physical prop was ever even filmed, but I know they made one. I think if the Dilo doesn't re-appear in Dominion, especially if this be the last film, people will be ticked off. Myself included!

So I mean, I get what you're saying. I think I'd prefer giving more depth to the lesser used but already shown dinosaurs than adding more, but I'm still down with adding more. I think, at this point, it actually makes a bit more sense than it used to that new species would happen as now TONS of companies will be engineering. I don't have a ton of new I'd love to see though, Fallen Kingdom really checked by big three off my list: Allosaurus, Carnotaurus, and Baryonyx. I think my most wanted now may be Styracosaurus, Dimetrodon (not technically a dino), and Oviraptor. Therizinosaurus would def. be...interesting...too. But it's like SO goofy looking could people even take it seriously?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I mean I get the innate absurdity of including more and more species (it's kind of just one of those things you just have to buy into)...but I do think it's kind of an unsaid rule that every movie at least include something new. Just to keep interest, I suppose. I mean you have the initial 7 species in JP: Velociraptor, Brachiosaurus, Parasaurolophus (very briefly), Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Dilophosaurus, and Gallimimus. They added the Compy, Stegosaurus, Pachy, with Mamenchisaurus in a very small roll and the very brief technical debut of the Pteranodon with TLW. JP/// introduced Spinosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Ankylosaurus, and Corythosaurus as well as what I count as the "true" Pteranodon debut. JW brought Mosasaurus, Apatosaurus, and Dimorphodon. Fallen Kingdom brings Carnotaurus, Allosaurus, Baryonyx, Stygimoloch, and Sinoceratops. Technically even Big Rock introduced the Nasutoceratops.

But like I said, I mean there is...apparently...stuff on the island that we just haven't seen yet. Like I want to say, if you look on the map for even the original JP, it shows stuff we've never seen before on the tour. I'm fine with those showing up. Plus, as said, there's plenty that just never got much attention. I'd love to see the kids, if season 2 happens, get caught in the Pachy Arena. Herbivores so rarely get action scenes. We know at least Sorna had a Ceratosaurus which was sadly just used for a very brief gag. If it's true and a lot of the Sorna dinosaurs were transferred to Nublar's Jurassic World, I'd love to see it in action. Dilophosaurus is easily the most wanted return. I mean...it's really baffling that it's never been on screen once since the original film. It was so memorable and popular. Even more baffling is apparently it was going to cameo in Fallen Kingdom, you can def. hear it in the prologue, but it was cut. I'm not even sure if the physical prop was ever even filmed, but I know they made one. I think if the Dilo doesn't re-appear in Dominion, especially if this be the last film, people will be ticked off. Myself included!

So I mean, I get what you're saying. I think I'd prefer giving more depth to the lesser used but already shown dinosaurs than adding more, but I'm still down with adding more. I think, at this point, it actually makes a bit more sense than it used to that new species would happen as now TONS of companies will be engineering. I don't have a ton of new I'd love to see though, Fallen Kingdom really checked by big three off my list: Allosaurus, Carnotaurus, and Baryonyx. I think my most wanted now may be Styracosaurus, Dimetrodon (not technically a dino), and Oviraptor. Therizinosaurus would def. be...interesting...too. But it's like SO goofy looking could people even take it seriously?
Fine points for sure - I just prefer the creativity of using what you already have in unique ways. I feel the same way about Star Wars - instead of giving me yet ANOTHER variety of Stormtrooper, just use them differently in a unique situation. I think the Mandalorian actually pulled this off beautifully. The Biker Scout troopers are scene again, hardly any change to their outfits and the bikes are gray this time. They are used as patrol and recon units - perfect! Then you have the AT-ST - who thought an AT-ST could be made even MORE intimdating! The glowing red eyes, what a touch - I was blown away by that creativity shown there. Even the X-Wing squad coming out to the far reaches of space to blast those space pirates was awesome to me, it's exciting to see an X-Wing squad finally go on a mission together in a film. I read the comics and books and it was always an element left untouched in the live action. To me, we never quite got enough of the cooler vehicles like that. I want to see B-Wings in all their glory actually firing a freaking shot! I still blame George really for that one, make a whole new ship and practically never show it off? Really dumb, they were supposed to take out the capital Super Star Destroyer, even have art mock-ups, and even had pilot scenes!

However, if they do something new, I'd love to see Dimetrodon. I think that's really the only "new" dino that's needed. Every time a new dino comes in, it needs to be reintroduced and takes up plot - or it just looks stupid because they clearly threw it in and didn't take the time to introduce in said plot. Raptors have had their day, it's time for some of the other older dinos. And I really agree about herbivores, I think there are so many great opportunities for fun scene. The Sinocerotops had some fun in Camp Cretacious, I was glad to see them featured in the herds too.

Reaction score
That would be a shame because the 2nd season looks like it will be way more interesting than season 1.

Reaction score
My only problem with that is it was the wrong helicopter. In the movie, JW001 is a Eurocopter EC130 B4, but in the show, it's a Bell 407 (previously misidentified it as a 206L LongRanger) with some embellishments (such as a sliding side door and a fenestron). The EC130 and Bell 407 look nothing alike, really.

Movie:

Camp Cretaceous:

This modified Bell 407 model is used for every single chopper in the show, too, from the extraction chopper in the video came to the black chopper Kenji arrives in. I found this incredibly lazy. I know nobody else cares, and that to most people, including the makers of Camp Cretaceous, apparently, a helicopter is a helicopter, but to me this represents a pretty egregious lack of attention to detail. Masrani's chopper was seen several times and was established as a Eurocopter EC130, which looks a certain way. The slope of the front end, the shape of the runners, the engine, etc. Ergo if they wanted to include JW001 in the show they should've used the correct type of helicopter, not another Bell 407, which has a different front, a longer body and different runners . It's lazy, and cheap, and you can't tell me they didn't have the money to model a second helicopter.
Well this isn’t a definite answer but I know GI Joe & Transformers both had issues with the model vehicles that they used. That’s why there was always a rediculous missle/ rocket launcher attached where they never should have been. Just to make them “different “ When Transformers made the movie there were some licensing deals to include ford cars trucks instead of others.

The history is that companies are happy to see their products in movies but want a check for the merchandising.

Reaction score
Fine points for sure - I just prefer the creativity of using what you already have in unique ways. I feel the same way about Star Wars - instead of giving me yet ANOTHER variety of Stormtrooper, just use them differently in a unique situation. I think the Mandalorian actually pulled this off beautifully. The Biker Scout troopers are scene again, hardly any change to their outfits and the bikes are gray this time. They are used as patrol and recon units - perfect! Then you have the AT-ST - who thought an AT-ST could be made even MORE intimdating! The glowing red eyes, what a touch - I was blown away by that creativity shown there. Even the X-Wing squad coming out to the far reaches of space to blast those space pirates was awesome to me, it's exciting to see an X-Wing squad finally go on a mission together in a film. I read the comics and books and it was always an element left untouched in the live action. To me, we never quite got enough of the cooler vehicles like that. I want to see B-Wings in all their glory actually firing a freaking shot! I still blame George really for that one, make a whole new ship and practically never show it off? Really dumb, they were supposed to take out the capital Super Star Destroyer, even have art mock-ups, and even had pilot scenes!

However, if they do something new, I'd love to see Dimetrodon. I think that's really the only "new" dino that's needed. Every time a new dino comes in, it needs to be reintroduced and takes up plot - or it just looks stupid because they clearly threw it in and didn't take the time to introduce in said plot. Raptors have had their day, it's time for some of the other older dinos. And I really agree about herbivores, I think there are so many great opportunities for fun scene. The Sinocerotops had some fun in Camp Cretacious, I was glad to see them featured in the herds too.
Oh no, you're absolutely right. It's pretty absurd that there are HOW many species now considering what would really be a miracle to find even once: a preserved mosquito with usable dinosaur DNA. I suppose it's just one of those things you just have to go along with for the sake of variety in the story. But l can't deny, it is very far fetched when you really think on it. Very! I suppose an argument can be made that they aren't true dinosaurs, which they're not but rather more a relative facsimily to than a literal carbon copy, but they do need what l would assume is a set amount of viable pure DNA from said species nonetheless...hence why perhaps the Dilophosaurus is so much more different than what we know of the real thing; they had less DNA than perhaps others and had to splice in more outside sources to make up the difference. But basically, like said, even finding this once is a practical miracle...so 30 some times? That would be like hitting the mega million lotto that many times in a considerably small timeframe meaning...for all intents and purposes...impossible.

I'm a total hypocrite though as I can just roll with it when it comes to new JP/JW species being added, but it TOTALLY irks me when they do it with Stormtroopers. Though, you can argue some of those are added retroactively, meaning where were they in the OT comes into some question. I can let slide the "Shore" trooper I suppose because we never saw an environment like that in the OT, I GUESS their armor is specifically designed for that...though I really don't see how so, but it's whatever. But for me the Death Troopers really are cool but a giant "Huh?" I'd just made up a sort of assumption that they were maybe a private commission that Krennic funded and with his death the Death Trooper program was abandoned...but then they showed up in Mando, so that theory is out unless you assume it got re-opened and re-purposed post the fall of Palpatine as the Empire was desperate. It's not SO bad that it wounds my enjoyment, but it is something I noticed that does make me scratch my head because surely the Empire would want to use these far more efficient troopers more often than not. See that's just always the one issue you'll have when retroactively adding things to pre-established lore. P.S. I'd love to see some B-Wing action, by far the most overlooked rebel fighter.

But if I'm playing fair, I guess JW also has this issue as you can say, wait, where were the Baryonyx, Carnotaurus, Allosaurus, etc, in JW? I did like that Camp Cretaceous explains WHERE the Carno was. Though I think it's maybe a bit more forgivable as, again, we don't go to every location and enclosure in JW.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, as I recall, when they were first introduced, the Death Troopers were explicitly Krennic's thing. But since then they've been retconned into being more general purpose troops instead of just his personal guard squadron.

Reaction score
I explain not seeing them in the OT by the fact we never saw a high end ranking member of the Empire in the thick of a battle like Krennic in Rogue One or Gideon in The Mandalorian. You could theorize those who had Death Trooper guard squadrons had them hanging at out their shuttle, or taking some R&R time within the Death Star (either one). Just because you didn't see them, doesn't mean they didn't exist in that moment. You could also say that since Death Troopers were trained and developed at Scarif the facility, following it's destruction the program was put on hold until a new training facility was up and running towards the latter part of the Galactic Civil War.

More on topic with the thread, I picked up the Super Colossal Indominus yesterday. It's been slowly trickling into TRU up here so on a whim I went to the city. Two out of three TRU had it in stock. It's easily my favorite of the Super Colossal line. It has far better detailing than Rexy or Blue.

I also saw the repackaged Mosa with the Primal Attack packaging and the Feed n' Frenzy Indominus. I was hoping to find the new Sinoceratops but no luck this time.

Reaction score
Now that I've had the Camp Cretaceous Epic Roarin' Rex for a few days I have to conclude it is the best Mattel Rex to date. It's head is well proportioned unlike the B&F Rex, and the hips aren't super wide unlike the T&T Rex. Mattel is learning from past mistakes and improve with each release. I think it goes without saying we'll get another large Rex for Dominion so we'll see what they do to continue improving this particular species.

But what I really want is just a larger EC Rex. It blows the other Rex's away with it's articulated neck. You can get it into some really cool poses you can't with the others.

Reaction score

So, what does the delay mean for the Jurassic World toyline? Surely Mattel was getting prepared to start production on their Dominion toyline.

Reaction score
I noticed the Amber Collection Raptor figure at my local Target today. I don't ever recall seeing those anywhere else but Gamestop in the past.

Reaction score
I noticed the Amber Collection Raptor figure at my local Target today. I don't ever recall seeing those anywhere else but Gamestop in the past.
It would seem the Amber Collection is going mainstream. Originally available at GameStop only, you can now get it at Entertainment Earth, Big Bad Toy Store, several other e-retailers I'm probably forgetting, and it's starting to trickle into Target.

Reaction score

So, what does the delay mean for the Jurassic World toyline? Surely Mattel was getting prepared to start production on their Dominion toyline.
I'm so happy it's pushed back to a summer release at it should be. I really hope movies are back by then and theaters can open as usual. I was pissed about Ghostbusters: Afterlife. I almost hope they push it back again as a March release just has zero pizzazz to it and makes no sense for the franchise. It should be either a summer or October release to coincide with Halloween and the season of the spirits.

Reaction score
I'm so happy it's pushed back to a summer release at it should be. I really hope movies are back by then and theaters can open as usual. I was pissed about Ghostbusters: Afterlife. I almost hope they push it back again as a March release just has zero pizzazz to it and makes no sense for the franchise. It should be either a summer or October release to coincide with Halloween and the season of the spirits.
Agreed. A Jurassic movie being released any time other than summer doesn't feel right.

Reaction score
I think this probably bodes a little better for the toyline. In the event they were going to add humans back into it, they'll have to hold them back, but I'd rather have that then be like either McFarlane's Dune figures that JUST went up for preorder (and that got kicked back a year too) the Ghostbusters line. Those figures are starting to pegwarm and, at least in Target, their shelf space was cut in half to make was for GI Joe and I'm kind of expecting them to get clearanced eventually. I think the hope was to get them out there amd hype up thr new movie, which would have been fine, but now...

Jurassic has had some prominent shelf space in the stores near me since the line started and it hasnt really diminished. I don't see that changing.

GNT

Reaction score
It would seem the Amber Collection is going mainstream. Originally available at GameStop only, you can now get it at Entertainment Earth, Big Bad Toy Store, several other e-retailers I'm probably forgetting, and it's starting to trickle into Target.
it’s great that it is, the more places it’s sold at the better it is for us international fans to get them.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I gave up on this thread way back when clone girl was first released since TRU never stocked anything new since then.

Imagine my surprise when I saw the Hammond/Raptor pack today. I didn't think I would ever get him. It was something like $44 Can

There was also a pack with a little black kid in it.