Jurassic World 2 Mattel Toys

Reaction score
I don't collect the Imaginext toys, but always thought the little Compy pack was cool. Never did see it anywhere at retail until yesterday at the grocery store of all places. And it was only $2 fine Canadian dollars.

Reaction score
I got a shipping notice for my Nedry figure from Entertainment Earth a few days ago. Forgot to mention it. Label created on the 30th. I guess I'll get it this week sometime. I couldn't find a delivery estimate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got a shipping notice for my Nedry figure from Entertainment Earth a few days ago. Forgot to mention it. Label created on the 30th. I guess I'll get it this week sometime. I could find a delivery estimate.
Yeah mine is out, not sure when I'll get it. I didn't look into it, I just wanted to be pleasantly surprised.

Reaction score
Spotted the Hammond/Ellie/Raptors pack.. Couldn't quite pull the trigger on it... even though I really want that banner.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Spotted the Hammond/Ellie/Raptors pack.. Couldn't quite pull the trigger on it... even thought I really want that banner.
I'm super tempted to get it, but there's just too many other things hitting stores right now that I need to divert my toy money to. I already have the Hammond from EE, so I'd really only be getting it for the banner and the Raptors.

Reaction score
That's the ting about this set, most people only want Hammond so it's not like you could part out the rest. lol

Reaction score
I've seen the Hammond set and the new camp cretacious set a few times already. I only want the CC set for the human though because I have earlier versions of the dinosaurs. If they were all new: instant purchase.

Reaction score
I've seen the Hammond set and the new camp cretacious set a few times already. I only want the CC set for the human though because I have earlier versions of the dinosaurs. If they were all new: instant purchase.
I just found the Escape From Isla Nublar set, someone had to get one from the back for me. Kinda bummed I couldn't compare face paint apps because Hammond and Ellie look a little "melty" for lack of a better term. The raptors look great, was surprised the sign itself was actual fabric and not a simple plastic banner.

I'm debating on selling Hammond and Ellie separately loose to make up some of the cost - I have both already, but it might be cool to have the spares for other scene displays.

Reaction score
If the set drops to clearance level prices, I may pick one up because I never actually opened my Hammond set. Although I just packed my Jurassic stuff away yesterday in preparing for a move and I don't think I'm going to dedicate as much space for it in the new place.

Reaction score
Just recieved my Nedry figure from EE. Really cool presentation. Much better than the Hammond release. I didn't realize it has lights and sounds. When you first twist the base to reveal the figure in the window the base lights up and you hear the infamous "Ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word". Then you can continue to hear quotes when you press the top of the Barbasol can. Even the packaging jargon on the can is cracking jokes. I'll post pics tonight unless someone posts some first.
Here are the quotes he says:
  • "Ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word"
  • "I'm totally unappreciated in my time"
  • "Dodgson! Dodgson! We've got Dodgson here!"
  • "Don't get cheap on my Dodgson"
  • "Eh, no wonder you extinct!"
Edit: here are some pics.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just recieved my Nedry figure from EE. Really cool presentation. Much better than the Hammond release. I didn't realize it has lights and sounds. When you first twist the base to reveal the figure in the window the base lights up and you hear the infamous "Ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word". Then you can continue to hear quotes when you press the top of the Barbasol can. Even the packaging jargon on the can is cracking jokes. I'll post pics tonight unless someone posts some first.
Here are the quotes he says:
  • "Ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word"
  • "I'm totally unappreciated in my time"
  • "Dodgson! Dodgson! We've got Dodgson here!"
  • "Don't get cheap on my Dodgson"
  • "Eh, no wonder you extinct!"
Edit: here are some pics.
Just got mine yesterday as well - really impressed with the level of creativity and detail that went in to this. He's a fantastic figure - probably my favorite in the entire line so far. I just really wish Mattel would have added wrist articulation and not used such gummy plastic for the limbs of the figures themselves. But this was an amazing exclusive and I hate to even say it because people have died, but COVID actually worked in collector's favors because I never would have gotten this if I had to show up to SDCC in person. So many fans would have been screwed out of the opportunity, though I guess they did extend Hammond last year to EE so that fans not attending could grab him. I hope that is continues to be the case with exclusives from here on out - and ONE PER CUSTOMER. Everyone should have an opportunity to own these things, the hoarders and scalpers really ruin it.

Reaction score
Wondering if either Matchbox or Jada Toys will do a recolor of their G 63 AMG 6x6 castings to make the Camp Cretaceous version.

Whose coloring and livery I am... iffy about. It's supposed to be on Isla Nublar around the same time as the events of Jurassic World, and yet is colored like one of the 1993 era Jurassic Park Jeeps and even has the red T-rex skull logo like the original park. Similarly, the entrance to the titular camp itself is obviously patterned more on the Jurassic Park gate than the Jurassic World one.

This doesn't seem like it matches with what we're shown and told in Jurassic World. The way Claire laid into Lowery for wearing a Jurassic Park shirt, telling him it was in poor taste, and the fact the original visitor's center and everything else associated with the old park was kept in an area unambiguously called the Forbidden Zone tells me that Jurassic World's park management wanted absolutely nothing to do with the bad reputation of Jurassic Park, including its aesthetic.

So isn't this a bit like having a park that revolves around boats and wanting to avoid any mention of things like sinking, but then having a kids' area called Camp Titanic with a White Star Line theme...?

...of course, I'd still buy a die cast Mercedes 6x6 colored like that with the Camp Cretaceous logo because all Jurassic Park/World vehicles are awesome and I want them. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wondering if either Matchbox or Jada Toys will do a recolor of their G 63 AMG 6x6 castings to make the Camp Cretaceous version.

Whose coloring and livery I am... iffy about. It's supposed to be on Isla Nublar around the same time as the events of Jurassic World, and yet is colored like one of the 1993 era Jurassic Park Jeeps and even has the red T-rex skull logo like the original park. Similarly, the entrance to the titular camp itself is obviously patterned more on the Jurassic Park gate than the Jurassic World one.

This doesn't seem like it matches with what we're shown and told in Jurassic World. The way Claire laid into Lowery for wearing a Jurassic Park shirt, telling him it was in poor taste, and the fact the original visitor's center and everything else associated with the old park was kept in an area unambiguously called the Forbidden Zone tells me that Jurassic World's park management wanted absolutely nothing to do with the bad reputation of Jurassic Park, including its aesthetic.

So isn't this a bit like having a park that revolves around boats and wanting to avoid any mention of things like sinking, but then having a kids' area called Camp Titanic with a White Star Line theme...?

...of course, I'd still buy a die cast Mercedes 6x6 colored like that with the Camp Cretaceous logo because all Jurassic Park/World vehicles are awesome and I want them. :)
My guess? Universal realized how stupid they were to change the classic red, yellow and black JP iconography and are now going backwards to reclaim. Silver and blue are great colors, but they in no way attract the brand immediately like the JP logo does. It's like Ghostbusters in that sense, you don't see them changing the logo, except to add a "two" and it's instantly recognizable. I haven't been impressed with anything JW except for the training of the raptors, which is believable to me at least. The acting has been awful as well - every time Chris Pratt runs it looks like he's already out of gas. It almost gets borderline campy and of course they just HAD to do a slow motion shot of Claire in heels.

Maybe Camp Cretacious will be better, who knows.

Reaction score
I knew all that. But that wasn't what I was talking about. I was approaching the issue from an in-story perspective. Jurassic Park means two different things in and out of universe. To us, it's a classic film, and we love the red, yellow and black aesthetic, but to people actually living in the franchise's universe, it's a disaster that failed at startup and claimed the lives of four people and nearly destroyed the company that built it.

Ergo, the Camp Cretaceous thing is an example of the out-of-universe perspective bleeding into the reality of the story. Unless the show provides a decent explanation, there's actually no reason to make the gate the way they did, and give the Mercedes pickup(s) the same color scheme as the classic Jeeps. No in-story reason, anyway.

And out-of-story, it just strikes me as another franchise doing yet another irritating walkback ignoring what was said in a past installment, and I look at the gate design/vehicle colors the same way I look at Palpatine's return in Rise of Skywalker; fanservice pure and simple. And I'm not falling for it. Does the Mercedes-Benz G 63 look cool in beige with the red stripes? Yes. It does. And if Matchbox or whoever makes a die cast version of it in them, I'll probably get it. But I'll still call it out for what it is: cheap and easy fanservice.

So, I know you want the classic JP color schemes. I do too. But not when it makes no sense and clashes with previously-established canon. I'm tired of walkbacks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I knew all that. But that wasn't what I was talking about. I was approaching the issue from an in-story perspective. Jurassic Park means two different things in and out of universe. To us, it's a classic film, and we love the red, yellow and black aesthetic, but to people actually living in the franchise's universe, it's a disaster that failed at startup and claimed the lives of four people and nearly destroyed the company that built it.

Ergo, the Camp Cretaceous thing is an example of the out-of-universe perspective bleeding into the reality of the story. Unless the show provides a decent explanation, there's actually no reason to make the gate the way they did, and give the Mercedes pickup(s) the same color scheme as the classic Jeeps. No in-story reason, anyway.

And out-of-story, it just strikes me as another franchise doing yet another irritating walkback ignoring what was said in a past installment, and I look at the gate design/vehicle colors the same way I look at Palpatine's return in Rise of Skywalker; fanservice pure and simple. And I'm not falling for it. Does the Mercedes-Benz G 63 look cool in beige with the red stripes? Yes. It does. And if Matchbox or whoever makes a die cast version of it in them, I'll probably get it. But I'll still call it out for what it is: cheap and easy fanservice.

So, I know you want the classic JP color schemes. I do too. But not when it makes no sense and clashes with previously-established canon. I'm tired of walkbacks.
Right and what I was saying was directly related to that - it's as if Universal realizes the bankability of the original park, the original colors, the original aesthetic and is flying the face of narrative logic (as you pointed out) to try and bank on more nostalgia. I'm all about fan service if done right, but yeah Palpatine was the laziest writing I've ever seen. The Visitor's Center in JW is cool to see, but at the same time totally bogus when you realize how big it was and how small the door was that they go in, let alone the exterior is completely in the woods. I'm sorry, a full-blown jungle is not growing around a concrete structure of that size in what, 19 years?! So stupid. The nod to Tim's night-vision goggles was cool though. Easy touch to add.

Reaction score
The Visitor's Center in JW is cool to see, but at the same time totally bogus when you realize how big it was and how small the door was that they go in, let alone the exterior is completely in the woods. I'm sorry, a full-blown jungle is not growing around a concrete structure of that size in what, 19 years?!
I had a lot of problems with Jurassic World too. However the trees around the visitor center is fairly accurate. Jungle grows at more than three times the rate of a forrest with seasons. I'm counting 22 years between Jurassic Park and Jurassic World, but maybe time in the movie is different than time between films. At 22 years it would be like 66 years of growth in North America.

Also the visitor center was built with large old growth trees all around it. That means it's more about the existing forest filling in the holes created for the park. Not having the entire forest regrow from scratch.

Check out there articles with photos of 2 year old and 15 year old forrest re-growth. Jungle grows back shockingly fast.

https://fellowsblog.ted.com/how-to-grow-a-forest-really-really-fast-d27df202ba09

https://theconversation.com/good-ne...strong-storing-more-carbon-than-thought-49189

Jurassic World makes it all look very dramatic, maybe more so than real life, but like the movie says "Life finds a way". That true of dinsoaurs and plants.

Reaction score
Saw this. I know fan created stuff is becoming bigger and bigger these days, but I'd never seen this before. Someone is making Kenner style "What if" Jurassic Park figures and selling them. I know VERY little about this other than just I saw the photo, but this is AWESOME. 118095861_10217619450859043_2902706032502320843_o.jpg

118036889_10217619452299079_8067205332040685545_o.jpg

I'm glad I wasn't the only one somewhat...confused...as to why the vehicle in the Camp Cretaceous trailer was on OG JP colors. That struck me as odd too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
While the movie logic is questionable at best, with all the secrets in JP I could easily see non public use of the JP logo in the restricted areas. Even the Dino keepers didn’t know what was in the I-Rex

I would love to see a ISO 9000 do & don’t video about JP

Reaction score
Haha - the Mr. DNA figure is such a great touch! I've seen that Hammond before - exquisitely beefy just like all those muscle-bound figures of the 90s, but we all know he's missing his launcher :cool: what will it launch? Ice cream, spared no expense...
HA! I did think that too, to be truly complete he needs some absurdly over-sized 90's era weapon/backpack. Hah. Mr. Arnold would have a removable arm with a swappable bionic arm replacement. =P

I can imagine the commercial now. It's Jurassic Park...the dinosaurs are loose! John Hammond creams a Ceratosaurus in the Soft Serve Capture Cruiser, spared no expense, but LOOK OUT! It's a raptor attack...from BOTH sides, but Mr. Arnold has the magic word with his cancer causing cigarette cannon! "Hold on to your butts!" WHACK! Lex Murphy: "I happen to be vegetarian and you just don't HACK it!" *dumps green jello on the raptors* Look for the mark of JURASSIC PARK! Figures sold separately.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You know, there's something sooooo ironic now. As a kid, I always wished the Kenner Aliens, Ghostbusters, and Jurassic Park lines looked more like the films. Now we're getting film accurate...everything...and here I am kind of nostalgic for the old style. I'm buying the Retro Ghostbusters, I think the NECA "What if" Aliens figures are fun, and it's just oddly comical to imagine what they'd have done if we got more JP. It's like a fun novelty.

I'll never forget just hooooow bad Kenner Batman got. Jungle Strike Batman, Lightening Attack Batman, Arctic Freeze Batman, Radar Decoding Batman...on and on and on. I swear, Batman figures have to be the most repurposed sculpts. I kind of liked how the Lego Batman movie spoofed that whist ...also...making those absurd variants into actual products too. Hah. There were hundreds!

I mean Playmates may have made hundreds of ABSURD Ninja Turtle variants, but hey...at least they were mostly all different sculpts. I always wanted to satirize that too, Historical Dictator Turtles (Genghis Don), Presidential Turtles, Renaissance Painter Turtles ("Look Mom, it's Leonardo Leonardo with his flying machine! Michelangelo comes with a Pizza throwing replica of the Pieta!"), etc. Just absurd stuff.

It was just a thing in the 90's especially. So rarely did a character look like their film counterparts, at best they vaguely did, and they'd come with some gigantic gimmick weapon. When I was real little, that was fun, but when I got a little older I mostly just tossed that stuff in a bin. As a kid I always liked Dieter Stark best from the Lost World line, how he came with more...realistic (in relative terms) weapons.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Noticed at my local Five Below they had some of the smaller dino offerings for $5. Nothing spectacular, but it's nice to know they can be had for a cheap price.

I was over at Gamestop as well and they had an Amber Collection Malcom on clearance for $8. I was about to get it him, but decided on a Batman T-shirt for $10. LOL! 😅 Priorities!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I want to get the 4" raptor squad and have my BD Blue, an arm action Echo, and I see the Camp Cretacious has a spring leg Charlie. Has Mattel ever made an articulated Delta yet? I don't like the static attack packs much.

Reaction score
Received the Isla Nublar Escape Set x3 from a member who's helped me out a few times. It's a cool set, but just because of the Raptors and banner. Ellie and Hammond should've been Lex and Tim.

Also I was at Walmart today and saw that blue BD Albertosaurus. They also had the CC Rex which is growing on me, but not enough to buy it. I just want the EC Rex in a larger size.

Reaction score
Received the convention exclusive Nedry from my Canadian supplier. What cool packaging. They really got creative and the result is one of the most memorable JP figures ever. I'd love to see more figures with lights and sound in the packaging.

Sadly my EE order for Nedry is still in limbo. Tracking number just says status not available and they didn't reply to my email inquiry.

Reaction score
Received the convention exclusive Nedry from my Canadian supplier. What cool packaging. They really got creative and the result is one of the most memorable JP figures ever. I'd love to see more figures with lights and sound in the packaging.

Sadly my EE order for Nedry is still in limbo. Tracking number just says status not available and they didn't reply to my email inquiry.
That sucks about EE, but at least you got one of the coolest figures Mattel has ever done. When they pull out all the stops like this for a blink and you miss it outfit for a character, it just begs the question: why aren't they dedicated to doing more original movie humans, dinos and vehicles? I haven't heard diddly from Mattel about the future of Legacy or any of that, it's crazy that as quiet as Star Wars is with their information releases on figures that we know way more at this point. The Camp Cretaceous stuff is not filling any void for me and it's just a bunch of repaints, a new kid and a cute new Anky. I'm less than thrilled as a collector, but hopefully it takes off with kids.

Reaction score
I carried the Camp Cretaceous Rex around Walmart for a few minutes before putting it back. It's growing on me, but I'm not there yet. Maybe if it goes on sale, or I go on a long dry run of not seeing anything new.

Reaction score
I carried the Camp Cretaceous Rex around Walmart for a few minutes before putting it back. It's growing on me, but I'm not there yet. Maybe if it goes on sale, or I go on a long dry run of not seeing anything new.
I bought it two weeks ago. By far the best Rex out there. It's a great toy. It looks the best of the Rexs so far. And it's fun to play with. The action features work great and add a lot of life to the toy. I'd highly recommend buying it. You might already own 2 to 6 different Jurassic Park T.Res toys but this is the one you'll like the most at 3 3/4" figure scale. Maybe the one you like most of all. I'm really blown away by it. One of my favorite toys ever.

This is the T.Rex I always wanted. Life found a way.

Reaction score
I bought it two weeks ago. By far the best Rex out there. It's a great toy. It looks the best of the Rexs so far. And it's fun to play with. The action features work great and add a lot of life to the toy. I'd highly recommend buying it. You might already own 2 to 6 different Jurassic Park T.Res toys but this is the one you'll like the most at 3 3/4" figure scale. Maybe the one you like most of all. I'm really blown away by it. One of my favorite toys ever.

This is the T.Rex I always wanted. Life found a way.
So would you recommend the CC Rex?

;)

I'll probably end up picking it up before long. My favorite "big" Mattel Rex is the Bite n' Fight.

Reaction score
I’m really close on that one too...love the coloring.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has anyone received the BARBASOL Dennis Nedry figure from Mattel creations? I placed the order on July 23 and it still says preparing to ship.

Reaction score
I’m really close on that one too...love the coloring.
I've seen it in person three times now, and each time I'm more tempted to get it. My only issue is each big Rex improves upon the last, so no doubt we'll be getting another for Dominion that will improve upon the CC version and I'll want it too.

What I want is Mattel to make something similar to Kenner's Thrasher from the TLW line. Real feel skin, neutral pose, simple action feature.