Jurassic World 2 Mattel Toys

Reaction score
Finally found a Spino in the wild. Brickseek indicated 6+ have been in stock for over a week. Yet, I only saw 2 out in the toy aisle just today. They weren't there all the other times I have gone to check.

Reaction score
How the new Spinosauras Rex compare to last years scarce Tagert exclusive Spinosauras?
If you look, it's very different. The paint job is completely different, it's blueish to yellow/brown and although it has the same biting action feature, the gimmick to the new is is the dino damage, which admittedly is pretty cool. You pull a piece of plastic skin down and under the panel it reveals the ribcage and bloody tissue behind it. You can hinge the rib cage down and then when you press a button on the back of the Spino, the ball of blood and muscle spins to make the blood flow and give it it a realistic effect.

The regular Spino had the JPIII paint deco and the biting feature only. It's super rare and I consider myself very lucky to own it...Mattel's distribution was ridiculous.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!!! Which do you like more? Are they the same size?
I'm a film-only guy for the most part - I want to see WAY more in the way of Legacy, especially humans. So I'm inclined to like the Legacy Spino more of course, plus I appreciate it's rarity. But the dino damage feature is a straight throwback to Kenner and also Mattel's toy history as well with the liquid blood in there. If you're a fan of toys, I'd say the new one is the easiest sell, but if you love the movies, the original Legacy one.

Reaction score
That looks pretty awesome - the Mosa has the articulated jaw. Def. a fun little set - I'm still trying to figure out why NO Wal-Marts around me are carrying the Jeep line whatsoever. I've never seen it once in stores.
I’ve been checking for you, but it looks like nobody got any restock.

Reaction score
It's been restocked pretty regularly here. Maybe I can be of assistance?
You're the best man, I have to petulantly wait until I have exhausted all possible resources! Just really wanting to find it out there in the wild. I search for Hot Wheels a lot anyhow, I'm really into VWs - but it's crazy I've yet to see the Jeep sets. I might just need to go to distant Wal-Marts to see if it's a store by store thing, I'm willing to bet the smaller ones that I frequent don't carry them.

The same thing happened with the Jabba Playset - the smaller stores never got them, nor the Skiff, but they got all the TVC figures in. Go figure - Wal-Mart is very inconsistent with their stock.

Reaction score
Up here in Canada Toys"R"us has the new Primal Attack EC Rex and CC Carno available. I have definitely slowed down on my collecting, but if I can get either of these at a discount I will.

Reaction score
Up here in Canada Toys"R"us has the new Primal Attack EC Rex and CC Carno available. I have definitely slowed down on my collecting, but if I can get either of these at a discount I will.
Saw a YouTube demo of that new Carno - I definitely think it's the most puppet-like dino yet...very cool features and amazing detail compared to the first release.

Reaction score
I'd really like to see some new Amber collection stuff, when are they gonna finally show Nedry and the dilophosaurus?
It'll be a while still. They showed off Blue and Owen when they showed the Malcolm prototypes, so it's likely those will be first, especially since one is just a repaint. I have the feeling Mattel held off to see sales on wave 1 before going full-bore on production for these.
I'm on-board for more, but I REALLY wish we had a lot more humans in the main line by this point.

Reaction score
I thought that raptor was supposed to have the feathered neckline like the newest yellow one? I guess there were some in JPIII that didn't have that going. The Grant is OK, I really would just want him for the egg accessories and bag. He really needs to have the proper plaid shirt. Mattel is phoning it in with Legacy and have been for a year now. It irks the heck out of me. Neither Hasbro nor Mattel realizes the importance of the human characters, which is exactly why Kenner was so legendary and successful. They GOT it!

Reaction score
They’re not even phoning it in with the humans. They’ve totally ghosted on them.
Amen - though in other news Hasbro picked up the Ghostbusters license and I saw a TON of great new stuff coming our way if any of you JP fans are also fans of RGB. It seems to be a lot of throwbacks, plushies and there's even a basic proton blaster listed among the fun stuff. I also saw one called OG Plasma, which has got to be original Ecto-Plazm! I hope it's in the vintage style packaging cups with the lids. Let's hope Hasbro knows how to properly resuscitate a fun franchise and not mis-fire like Mattel has been doing for months.

Reaction score
I'd say our only hope of getting anymore Legacy characters would be if an outfit like Entertainment Earth picked up exclusive rights to the line.

Reaction score
I'd say our only hope of getting anymore Legacy characters would be if an outfit like Entertainment Earth picked up exclusive rights to the line.
Which blows my mind. I read an interview with someone on the Jurassic Development team at Mattel and They said they basically had to offer exclusives to entice stores, which is why both target and Wal-Mart have their own exclusives. I think vehicles and playsets would have been better exclusives, because if everyone had legacy humans, they would have sold many more.
I know from my own experience and watching some trends on this board over the last ten years, something that's well-made and reasonably priced is going to make collectors do more impulse buying. "I don't really have an attachment to this character, but I'm having fun buying this line, so I bought more figures and they're just as fun". They seem to get it with the dinosaurs, why not the humans?

Reaction score
Just got this one thanks to a tip on Instagram....from what I understand it's pretty rare, along the lines of the Spino with a bit more availability. Love the ice blue paint job (looks more green in the pic's lighting)...ever since I was a kid I liked Plesiosaurs and always into the Nessie legend and mystery, so this guy is a very welcome addition. I really can't think of any other figure I really want outside of that awesome new Carno.

Reaction score
I picked up the Callavosaurus out of the new attack pack wave a few days ago, but haven't had a chance to open her. I didn't realize these were hitting yet, but the whole wave was there (at Target). I wouldn't have realized they were new if it weren't for the new packaging, because my interest actuslly dipped a little with there being no new humans to go with the dinos.

Reaction score
Just got this one thanks to a tip on Instagram....from what I understand it's pretty rare, along the lines of the Spino with a bit more availability. Love the ice blue paint job (looks more green in the pic's lighting)...ever since I was a kid I liked Plesiosaurs and always into the Nessie legend and mystery, so this guy is a very welcome addition. I really can't think of any other figure I really want outside of that awesome new Carno.
Nice. Still gotta get my hands on this Plesio. I love how it's packaged.

What do you think Nessie is? Always been fascinated by stories of lake monsters.

Reaction score
Found the Primal Attack EC Rex at Toys"R"us today. I picked up two. Other than Owen and Blue once again plastered on the box, I love the art. The electric fence at dusk is a really nice image.