Jurassic World 2 Mattel Toys

Reaction score
Here are the first two halfway useful youtube reviews I've found:
Malcolm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzDFfB3GI7s
Raptor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6kYkaHSqDc

Looks like Malcolm isn't really 6 inch. More like 7 inch. He is a good head taller than a stormtrooper. Bummer. I had hoped he would fit in next to my Black Series and Mavel Legends. There goes my excitement for the human characters :/
They LOOK amazing but I too am a bit peeved at the human's being an inch taller than most my other collections (I.E: Neca, ML, DC, etc)...but I am TRYING to justify. Maybe it'll be JUST Malcolm at that height because, correct me if wrong...but I believe Jeff Goldblum IS insanely tall. So maybe he IS in scale? Probably just me hoping though. But the figure DOES look awesome. But that raptor? Oh BOY! That is a BEAUTY! I need two! That Raptor is GOLDEN! Or should I say...amber? =P

Last edited:
Reaction score
Malcolm is probably fairly in scale, but it would be so Mattel of them that they make their 1:18th lines at the smallest end of the spectrum, and their 1:12th at the largest end.

Reaction score
Seems a TON of people were able to snake the Brachi days early on Oct. 2nd but when I went out today for Force Friday, there was no new merchandise outside of the attack pack stuff.

I forgot to say weeks ago though, I found the Primal Attack Baby Blue to be adorable. I think it's a heck of a kids' toy. Looks amazing, is very life-like, the sounds are both aggressive and adorable all at once and the movements are super fun. Looks to be super durable too. Not sure I wanna spend $25 on it, but it's a very fun little toy. Kind of allows kids (or adults, let's be honest) to recreate those baby Blue / Owen scenes that Maisie watches on the computer.

Anyone make out with an early Brachi? I'll be checking back at my local Target this Sunday. Crazy that there are so many $50 price point items that I wanted all within a weekend. My wallet hates me!

Reaction score
Hm! So maybe he IS in scale!
Maybe compare him to the Mavel Legends Grandmaster figure. But, then again scaling can be skewed between companies. I say this because the Bandai SH Figuarts tend to be shorter than their Hasbro counterparts even though in theory both lines are supposed to be 1/12 scale.

Reaction score
And it was confirmed Entertainment Earth will be carrying the Amber Collection in 2020. This is great news for us international collectors.

Reaction score
Brachiosaurus well me and another guy ran in at 8am sharp only to find ..nothing.Found a manager who went to the stock room and got the only 2 in stock,he came back with both and 2 stock clerks whimpering behind him.So the hunt was successful.

Reaction score
Yeah I tried my luck at a Target last night at like 10:20 pm and the guy was nice enough to grab one from the back but he was register locked. It is SO eternally lame that Mattel and/or Target did this. Literally no point whatsoever. If you f***ing have stock you better damn well sell it!

That being said, I called this morning to my local one and they it on hold for me. Just so frustrating. I'm sitting there with money in my hand ready to go and they won't take it. I can also promise that I'm not going to buy anything else from Target today if THAT was their strategy. Just stupid all around.

Utinniii

Reaction score
(Not directed at anyone specific)

As annoying as it is, it isn't the Retail chain's fault. The toy companies make the decision and the stores can face repercussions if they don't comply. Punishing the retailer is the wrong target.

If a store puts stock out early then that is their mistake and it is natural to be annoyed at that. However, many stock people are rushed to do their jobs and only focus on what is inside the packing box and not the sticker on the outside. (Sure, some are not the best workers but that is true everywhere.)

Street dates are there so people can know to expect something. It is better than having to check daily for a month expecting to find something. It sucks when something doesn't show up for the street date but there are many reasons that are out of the store's hands why this happens.

Trying to buy early is jumping the line. That isn't fair to the people that follow the rules. It is selfish,entitled and elitist. It also ticks off the customers IMO. Just look at how many people complained about this FFF because some people ransacked the product before the release date.

Getting upset because one can't break a rule is baffling to me.

The best solution is having enough product out there so everybody is happy. This is impossible though with short packs, scalpers and not being able to see the future.

Reaction score
(Not directed at anyone specific)

As annoying as it is, it isn't the Retail chain's fault. The toy companies make the decision and the stores can face repercussions if they don't comply. Punishing the retailer is the wrong target.

If a store puts stock out early then that is their mistake and it is natural to be annoyed at that. However, many stock people are rushed to do their jobs and only focus on what is inside the packing box and not the sticker on the outside. (Sure, some are not the best workers but that is true everywhere.)

Street dates are there so people can know to expect something. It is better than having to check daily for a month expecting to find something. It sucks when something doesn't show up for the street date but there are many reasons that are out of the store's hands why this happens.

Trying to buy early is jumping the line. That isn't fair to the people that follow the rules. It is selfish,entitled and elitist. It also ticks off the customers IMO. Just look at how many people complained about this FFF because some people ransacked the product before the release date.

Getting upset because one can't break a rule is baffling to me.

The best solution is having enough product out there so everybody is happy. This is impossible though with short packs, scalpers and not being able to see the future.
So it would really annoy you to know that hundreds of people who were informed by JP fansites raced off on Oct. 2nd when there was a glitch reported in Target's system and they ALL "jumped the line" so to speak. Everybody was happily reporting their finds. Again - what's the use of a stupid street date if this kind of crap happens anyhow?

Reaction score
Brachi is Sold out already in my area (3 Targets all showed in stock on Brickseek and now only 1 does). I was able to get one in a perfect box though. There is still a beat up one at this Target. Seems each store only got 2 sets. I saw a scalper looking dude waiting on his phone near the JP section (he had asked already I'm sure) at the first Target I hit right at opening but I didnt want to sit and wait like him and miss out. So I booked it to another Target 15 min away and scored. I'm glad I didnt have to get the beat up one because the box on this set is beautiful. If this Legacy 4" line is done, Im happy with what Ive collected. Although Nedry and Jeep, Sam Jackson and the Ford Explorer would be super cool.

Reaction score
Here she is in all her glory:

Dog for juxtaposition!

"Veggiesaurus, Lex - Veggie"

Pretty amazing detail all around. I'm still bummed it wasn't done in the Mosasaurus style of "real feel" rubber, though the neck is slightly rubbery in texture if you squeeze it hard enough. I do think the harder plastic will lead to longevity and less deterioration over time, but I still think the body and neck should have been the rubbery skin material. The legs could have even had more rubberized texture too instead of being rock solid plastic. Love the articulation in the jaw and the head sculpt is impeccable. Just makes me wonder - why did Mattel release this amazing Legacy item and have nothing to support it? No Legacy humans of any kind next to Hammond who was an exclusive. I hope we get a Grant without a hat eventually.

Also - I'm not a fan whatsoever of the packaging outside of the very nice landscape painting. The sides and back of the box aren't utilized at all and instead feature a Jurassic World logo (totally dumb and confusing considering this is a Jurassic PARK dino) and they don't show the toy in action with other existing figures, like Star Wars does. I know it's just packaging, but to me, it's very uninspired and boring. They could show upcoming figures and vehicles (oh wait, we aren't getting any - thanks Mattel) or dinos ( yes we are getting TONS). I'm not even sure a kid picking this box up would know a toy exists inside it outside of the little boy on the front playing with it. It almost looks like a model would come in this box at a hobby shop. Obviously this doesn't affect the amazing beauty of the figure inside, but Mattel needs a lot of work on this line in my opinion.

Reaction score
Awesome pics, SaberSonic!!! Its too bad Target wont release this in huge numbers. Like the Thrash and Throw TRex that is piled up on clearance at $16. I saw maybe 40 of them on an endcap.

Reaction score
My local Target this morning.

In case any still needs this you might try Big Lots.

Reaction score
So, has anyone, anywhere, seen the Matchbox 2019 vehicles in stores? Someone's getting them from somewhere 'cause they're on eBay, but I'd like to know if any physical store is actually stocking them. Someone I know mentioned Kroger of all places...

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, has anyone, anywhere, seen the Matchbox 2019 vehicles in stores? Someone's getting them from somewhere 'cause they're on eBay, but I'd like to know if any physical store is actually stocking them. Someone I know mentioned Kroger of all places...
As far as Walmart and Target, I've not seen any JP diecast for many months now. I did recall seeing some at one of the larger 24 hour Kroger stores that tends to have more toys than your average store. This was probably a month ago, and I didn't see anything that stood out as new from what we've seen before at other stores. Sounds like I need to go check maybe once a week now just to see.

As stores gear up for the holidays I would probably start checking Aldi stores as well. I recall they got a JP 5-pack last year and various other Hot Wheels and Matchbox diecast.

Utinniii

Reaction score
So it would really annoy you to know that hundreds of people who were informed by JP fansites raced off on Oct. 2nd when there was a glitch reported in Target's system and they ALL "jumped the line" so to speak. Everybody was happily reporting their finds. Again - what's the use of a stupid street date if this kind of crap happens anyhow?
Full disclosure, I was tired when I wrote that and thought I was in the Vintage section.
That being said, I stand by what I wrote.

I wouldn't be "really annoyed". That overstates it. If people want to take advantage in a glitch in the system, that is different from trying to force a sale through the register. They are simply exploiting a mistake in the first case. I would liken that to a sneak preview for a movie. In that case it is absolutely the Retailer's fault and not Hasbro's.

I would have taken advantage of that, much like when I saw a clearance sticker for $3 for a Fortnite figure or when I told people that TRU was charging $18 for the Skiff 3 pack. I know I'm taking advantage when I do so though.

All the people that aren't on sites that told of a way to exploit this will probably be understandably angry though. It is like budding in line.

We don't live in a perfect world and mistakes happen. One mistake doesn't invalidate the concept of street dates.

And again, Blaming Hasbro for Target's mistake is asinine.

Reaction score
Full disclosure, I was tired when I wrote that and thought I was in the Vintage section.
That being said, I stand by what I wrote.

I wouldn't be "really annoyed". That overstates it. If people want to take advantage in a glitch in the system, that is different from trying to force a sale through the register. They are simply exploiting a mistake in the first case. I would liken that to a sneak preview for a movie. In that case it is absolutely the Retailer's fault and not Hasbro's.

I would have taken advantage of that, much like when I saw a clearance sticker for $3 for a Fortnite figure or when I told people that TRU was charging $18 for the Skiff 3 pack. I know I'm taking advantage when I do so though.

All the people that aren't on sites that told of a way to exploit this will probably be understandably angry though. It is like budding in line.

We don't live in a perfect world and mistakes happen. One mistake doesn't invalidate the concept of street dates.

And again, Blaming Hasbro for Target's mistake is asinine.
Again - I think a street date totally reinforces the toxic poaching and scalping buying habits. It encourages it! It tells everyone exactly when something will be available and just makes it easier for all those a-holes to get there first. They are fully prepared to waste their useless time while the rest of us have real jobs to consider. I'm surprised you think they are a good thing? The trickle out effect makes retail a much more fair place for purchasing, as in, once you receive something it should be put out immediately. Why wait?

With Star Wars, I get the whole secrecy and spoiler stuff, but nothing was spoiled in the movie whatsoever with these new releases. We got to see a Sith Trooper months ago and Poe's X-Wing is simply a different paint scheme. It's all a way for retailers to force people in on one day and encourage massive amounts of buying. So if you're OK with people taking advantage of a glitch, what's the difference of someone getting it a day before or a day after? It's all the same in the end. And because you're in the Jurassic thread, you'd have to know just what a total cluster**** and sham the Spinosaurus was (I was SUPER lucky to get one online after multiple letdowns) or the Hammond release? At this point, glitch or early street date, I'm taking what I can get when I can get it from Mattel. They have zero clue how to distribute their most wanted toys, especially the Legacy Collection. There's absolutely no guarantee that those Brachis even get restocked - I'm not doubting they will since they know it was a most-wanted item, but you never know with them. I wasn't about to take chances.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good to see some Brach success stories posted here. Obviously not available in Canada, but I have one on the way from a friend and then another friend was able to get two today and one is for me. So I'll have two shortly. I am excited to see it in person.

Reaction score
I feel like we are getting closer to the Walmart Spinosaurus being released. I don't recall there being a photo on Brickseek and a proper listing on Walmart.com. I think Brickseek wasn't showing any stock info. Now there are at least some listings even though it shows "Out of Stock" for now. I know it's not as good a color scheme as the Target one, but I think it looks decent. I may would consider buying 2 to try to repaint one to look more like the movie.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=444333560

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jurassic-World-Battle-Damage-Spinosaurus/444333560?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_yO9ROnXomxyJUmzwUx0Mo381Ukn21HVGsz8X0Y0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_1914133&clickid=yO9ROnXomxyJUmzwUx0Mo381Ukn21HVGsz8X0Y0

Stay frosty my friends and keep this on your radar.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I feel like we are getting closer to the Walmart Spinosaurus being released. I don't recall there being a photo on Brickseek and a proper listing on Walmart.com. I think Brickseek wasn't showing any stock info. Now there are at least some listings even though it shows "Out of Stock" for now. I know it's not as good a color scheme as the Target one, but I think it looks decent. I may would consider buying 2 to try to repaint one to look more like the movie.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=444333560

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jurassic-World-Battle-Damage-Spinosaurus/444333560?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_yO9ROnXomxyJUmzwUx0Mo381Ukn21HVGsz8X0Y0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_1914133&clickid=yO9ROnXomxyJUmzwUx0Mo381Ukn21HVGsz8X0Y0

Stay frosty my friends and keep this on your radar.
Haha, OK Corporal Hicks! I laughed at that last line - it's such a shame you have to resort to repainting something that Mattel should have given you in the first place, or made readily available. Has anyone seen any more news on those Legacy 2 packs? Never seen either in the wild. I'd still like the Grant and Raptor.

Reaction score
I spotted a Thrash n Throw T-Rex at Ross for $20. It was the first release in that light brown color.

Saw this today at Burlington (aka Burlington Coat Factory). $16. I didn't see any other JW toys around.

Reaction score
Unreal - I haven't even seen the Quetz at freaking retail! WTF?

P.S. did the Burlington have the SOLO TIE fighter by chance? I've been looking for that, heard it was only $10 there.

Last edited:
Reaction score

P.S. did the Burlington have the SOLO TIE fighter by chance? I've been looking for that, heard it was only $10 there.
The one I went to only had the large Solo Falcon as far as Solo Vehicles. They also have plenty of the Solo 2-packs. No single carded figures.

Regarding the JW toys, I wonder what else they had. I'm thinking I'm only finding the leftovers.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any more news on those Legacy 2 packs? Never seen either in the wild. I'd still like the Grant and Raptor.
Cancelled in the US but released in small quantities in Chile and Mexico. I just bought a few of the Grant Story Packs from Mexico so I can have a little pack of JP/// Raptors.

They're everywhere at Walmart here in Canada. Want me to pick one up for you?

Reaction score
Cancelled in the US but released in small quantities in Chile and Mexico. I just bought a few of the Grant Story Packs from Mexico so I can have a little pack of JP/// Raptors.
I gotcha - did you pick them up from eBay or elsewhere?

They're everywhere at Walmart here in Canada. Want me to pick one up for you?

Very much appreciate it, I just prefer to find stuff in the wild if possible and enjoy "the hunt". If I wasn't able to get the Hammond I may have hit you up haha - it's such a bummer to see ZERO Legacy stuff with this amazing Brachi release. You'd think they'd try to bring more attention to it or to increase buying of other figures that you could place with it in scenes. I realize we have 4 of those characters already, but it would be cool to see a Grant without his hat and a dirty paint job, maybe even removable sunglasses to really recreate the scene. And we already have the Jeep too, but it's just a shame to see a one-off and then the Amber Collection gets all this new product, all JP related too. And now they've announced the upcoming Nedry and Spitter...but nothing to follow up the Brachi in Legacy. Mattel is beyond frustrating with this stuff. They take 10 steps forward with the beautiful and faithful Brachiosaurus, it's a stunner, looks like a model, then there is nothing to follow it. Nothing to hope for. Nothing to be excited about. I guess I'll just be happy we even got 5 figures at this point (counting Hammond).

Last edited:
Reaction score
So far as I know, big news just hit. Mattel released silhouettes of two 2020 Amber Collection figures coming. They're CLEARLY Dennis Nedry and the Dilophosaurus. Of course this will inspire some controversy, there still not being a 3'' Nedry. It's def. him in his raincoat appearance. It says he'll include a hat (I assume they meant hood), a stick, a neck lamp...and says "Or possibly something else," which clearly will be the shaving cream can. The Dilophosaurus silhouette is a big concerning for me. It does have the frill...but it's not fully extended either. They KEEP messing up how the frill was depicted. Just do it the first way...the right way. Kenner NAILED it back in 1993 with the electronic Dilophosaurus. Give us a fully extended frill...that is REMOVABLE! Maybe it will be removable, I'm hoping...but the frill does look more like how it's displayed on the display in the Lockwood museum more than how it appears when it attacked Dennis.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So far as I know, big news just hit. Mattel released silhouettes of two 2020 Amber Collection figures coming. They're CLEARLY Dennis Nedry and the Dilophosaurus. Of course this will inspire some controversy, there still not being a 3'' Nedry. It's def. him in his raincoat appearance. It says he'll include a hat (I assume they meant hood), a stick, a neck lamp...and says "Or possibly something else," which clearly will be the shaving cream can. The Dilophosaurus silhouette is a big concerning for me. It does have the frill...but it's not fully extended either. They KEEP messing up how the frill was depicted. Just do it the first way...the right way. Kenner NAILED it back in 1993 with the electronic Dilophosaurus. Give us a fully extended frill...that is REMOVABLE! Maybe it will be removable, I'm hoping...but the frill does look more like how it's displayed on the display in the Lockwood museum more than how it appears when it attacked Dennis.
See above < they are definitely Nedry and Dilo. Very bummed these didn't see release in 3.75