Jurassic World 2 Mattel Toys

Reaction score
Dunno about the JP T. rex specifically, but real adult specimens average 30-40 feet in length and so the Colossal Rex is pretty close to 6" figure scale.
Yeah I didn't get a measuring tape out or anything, but it's odd to me that the Thrash n Throw T-Rex is bigger than the Legacy, but the Fallen Kingdom humans are the same exact 3.75" size as the Legacy, so what gives there I wonder? I know the Rex is typically 40 ft in length, I had some sweet dino books when I was a kid, but the Colossal def. does NOT fit the profile haha. It's such an amazing toy though, I hope this movie does well and the toys get some young kids back into toys. Mattel did such an excellent job with this line, I was like a kid myself checking out the insane variety at Target. Hasbro should be envious of this quality!

Reaction score
Congrats On all the great pick ups! I kind of had the feeling the ands might be a little gummy. Some of the avatar figures were like tyst, but thought that was a pretty satisfying line. I can't imagine they don't do the kids and the explorer at some point.
Yeah I was impressed a lot of it was still on the pegs, but I teach so I get out extra early compared to the 9-5ers out there. I very much hope we finally get a Lex and proper small Tim with a fat Nedry and Perhaps a variation of the Jeep, having the covering and lights would be an incredible addition and maybe rubber tires. I'd pay extra for all that, plus keep the winch. Definitely need the Jungle Explorer, that sucker is essential! With bust off tire lol

Reaction score
Yeah I was impressed a lot of it was still on the pegs, but I teach so I get out extra early compared to the 9-5ers out there. I very much hope we finally get a Lex and proper small Tim with a fat Nedry and Perhaps a variation of the Jeep, having the covering and lights would be an incredible addition and maybe rubber tires. I'd pay extra for all that, plus keep the winch. Definitely need the Jungle Explorer, that sucker is essential! With bust off tire lol
My friend was able to find a bunch of stuff at Target today (he found out through a friend that they put it all out this afternoon and that more is coming Monday). I'd even go as far as to say in addition to those figures, I hope the mercenaries get repainted in blue to be the park workers like in the opening scene and in the old sega/snes game.

I did read once that the legacy line is supposed to cover all 3 original films. I hope that meant the humans too!

Reaction score
Would love to see pics of the human figures against other 3.75" ranges so I can get a perspective of scale.
I was surpised no one had posted anything like that either. They scale VERY well with everything I love...

Reaction score
Pretty darn cool to see Dr's Grant and Jones side by side! Thought those two would never team up.

awesome sculpts, Mattel nailed it. Where on Instagram did you see the new Grant and Ellie figures? I'd love to see them close up
Agreed, those Dino sculpts would make any Ross Geller squeal!

Also digging the Human figs, I so need that DR. Grant! Awesome job this time around.
Really hoping I can find him and Ellie, and maybe even Malcom.

Reaction score
My friend was able to find a bunch of stuff at Target today (he found out through a friend that they put it all out this afternoon and that more is coming Monday). I'd even go as far as to say in addition to those figures, I hope the mercenaries get repainted in blue to be the park workers like in the opening scene and in the old sega/snes game.

I did read once that the legacy line is supposed to cover all 3 original films. I hope that meant the humans too!
Yeah, I'd love to get a general Jurassic Park worker with stun gun from the original film and the red iconic hardhat. Also would enjoy an Eddie Carr with Lindstradt rifle and a JP2 Ian Malcolm with no glasses. Nick Van Owen with camera gear and pliers, Sarah Harding with camera, these would be easy too. Would be great to see the Mercedes SUV done in the Matchbox big car line too, along with that Jungle Explorer. It's amazing that Kenner did such a good job keeping those original designs kid friendly but really accurate at the same time. I may love this new Jeep even more though...

Reaction score
I was surpised no one had posted anything like that either. They scale VERY well with everything I love...

This is a stupid question I know, but how did you upload those photos? I've tried so many different ways to get my own personal photos to post in here, but it always seems to require a URL from somewhere like photo bucket or what have you. There's got to be an easier way, just wondering how you did it. I've even tried uploading them to my page on this site, and they come in sideways! It's so stupid that it can't be simple...or is it?

Reaction score
You just need to host them somewhere, like Imgur. They have free accounts! Then once you upload they will give you a link to the image. Then you come here, post that URL into the tags, and you're good to go!

And yes, I agree with the above...I'll buy anything realistically made and scaled for this line, and I would LOVE to see both the tour Explorers, and the InGen helicopter. There aren't many other dinosaurs that aren't being produce already that I would buy, outside of well made sauropods, but I could buy the vehicles all day.

Reaction score
You just need to host them somewhere, like Imgur. They have free accounts! Then once you upload they will give you a link to the image. Then you come here, post that URL into the tags, and you're good to go!

And yes, I agree with the above...I'll buy anything realistically made and scaled for this line, and I would LOVE to see both the tour Explorers, and the InGen helicopter. There aren't many other dinosaurs that aren't being produce already that I would buy, outside of well made sauropods, but I could buy the vehicles all day.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, yeah it's just really annoying we can't upload directly to our messages. Thanks so much though for the tip, I feel like I used to do this with PhotoBucket but I can't remember it's been so long.

The helicopter is a great idea, totally forgot about Hammond too, he's needed to be made for over 25 years! They definitely have to make his cane out of an amber colored plastic then paint over the length of it so it looks clear at the ball and accurate to the movie. Makes me wonder if they'd go so far as to make a modern playset for collectors of the Visitor's Center, with an actual computer room this time for Nedry or Lex to sit at and the T-Rex skeleton in the middle that has like a spring-loaded exploding feature. Maybe have the bunker attached to it for a wounded Malcolm and a gun rack with more SPAS 12s. and walkie talkies/headsets. It would be great to get the Raptor Pen as well. I'd pony up big money for that!

Reaction score
I love playsets, so I would definitely jump on those as well!

Preferably, I'd still like to see Hammond, Nedry, Lex and Tim, and some park staff. I'm honestly not interested in TLW or JP3 stuff at all, but I'd LOVE to see some Asset Containment Unit figures from JW. Even if they only did one single generic figure I'd buy a team's worth.

Reaction score
Hoping they do a kind of dirtied up Grant with hat off, raptor claw, broken dino egg and the shotgun he uses. I'd prefer more accessories over the little dinos. Hoping we get Ellie and Muldoon in rain slickers as well, with Ellie having her hair pulled back and a walkie talkie / headset that should have come with the current figure. Then they could swap accessories, though I suppose Ellie does use her flashlight in the bunker to get the power back on.

Reaction score
I love playsets, so I would definitely jump on those as well!

Preferably, I'd still like to see Hammond, Nedry, Lex and Tim, and some park staff. I'm honestly not interested in TLW or JP3 stuff at all, but I'd LOVE to see some Asset Containment Unit figures from JW. Even if they only did one single generic figure I'd buy a team's worth.
I know it's not exactly the same, but there are "mercenary" figures in the human line for Jurassic World. I would probably skip JP3 humans, but I'd definitely pick up and TLW humans.

Considering how much they rolled this line out with. I'm actually surprised they didn't do a playset. But I think if one does come, it would be Jurassic World-based. I'd totally love a visitor's center, control room, or a raptor pen. I think a raptor pen would have the most options for being kid- and collector- friendly.

Reaction score
I got all the Legacy humans yesterday, no Malcolm on the pegs though. I'm telling you guys, I think he's an exclusive to another store.
I'm starting to think either you're spot on with this, or he'll be with two other figures in wave 2.

Also, the pic of Grant with Indy looks so, so right.

Last edited:
Reaction score
picked up the Target set with Grant and the Gyrosphere with Clare yesterday... also scored the JP1 Matchbox Ford Explorer and the JP2 Matchbox Mobile Command Center

Reaction score
Stopped by Target a little while ago, and they had absolutely nothing on the shelves from this line.
Not a single thing. Not even an empty place for them.

It was very disappointing.

I'll try the one on the other side of town after work...

I got all the Legacy humans yesterday, no Malcolm on the pegs though. I'm telling you guys, I think he's an exclusive to another store.
Really don't think this is the case. He is pictured sitting in the back of the Target exclusive Jeep. If he were exclusive to a different store, I don't think he'd be advertised on the back of a Target exclusive.
I just don't think he is out in this initial wave, there aren't even any on eBay, yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jurassic Park Legacy Collection (all classic Jurassic Park movies) is a Target exclusive.

It appears that battle damage is a Wal-Mart exclusive.

Reaction score
Just got home from checking the other Target in town, and just like the first one, absolutely nothing.

If the employee I talked to is to be believed, they haven't even gotten any in yet...

Reaction score
I'm starting to think either you're spot on with this, or he'll be with two other figures in wave 2.

Also, the pic of Grant with Indy looks so, so right.
Yeah I think he's in Wave 2, I hope we get Hammond, but I haven't seen any leaks on their plans for Wave 2 or when that would be. Hoping we get an individually packed raptor from JP as well instead of just with the Grant set.

I just bought the Legacy Rex today, but I'm disappointed in the scale. He looks way too small to my eyes compared to the other characters and the Jeep. I think the Thrash N Throw is definitely about the approximation. The Colossal is the best sculpt of all, but it's more in scale with the vintage figures for sure. That thing is enormous compared to the 3.75" figures, it's almost a joke lol

Reaction score
Stopped by Target a little while ago, and they had absolutely nothing on the shelves from this line.
Not a single thing. Not even an empty place for them.

It was very disappointing.

I'll try the one on the other side of town after work...

Really don't think this is the case. He is pictured sitting in the back of the Target exclusive Jeep. If he were exclusive to a different store, I don't think he'd be advertised on the back of a Target exclusive.
I just don't think he is out in this initial wave, there aren't even any on eBay, yet.
Yeah I think you're totally right about that, didn't even realize that Malcolm was featured on the back of it and I bought it! I hope that means Wave 2 has more humans though and not just him short-packed instead of Ellie. I'd say so far, Ellie is easily the most popular figure. I'm lucky I found her when I did, she was at neither Targets I checked today.

Reaction score
I totally hope they make more humans, particularly from the first two films.
John Hammond, Dennis Nedry, Dieter Stark, and Roland Tembo feel like they are must haves for this line.

Of course I was also waiting for Mattel to make a Joker to go with their 4" Keaton Batman, and the other two Krytonians to go with their 4" Zod , but those never happened, so I'm not holding my breath here.

Also, they did do a single pack Raptor in the Legacy line.
It's a version of the 'leaping' Raptor figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
One target by me didn't put anything out. Another a little farther away did. They put the Jurassic Park stuff where the justice league stuff was.

I know there are dinos announced for Legacy wave 2 nut no humans yet. Besides that one promo shot of Malcolm with the flare, I haven't seen anything.

I picked up the triceratops at Meijer tonight and a raptor, allosaurus and baryonyx for my friend. Saturday he was able to grab Ellie, Muldoon and the Grant pack, when he went back today, he got the Last grant and there were no humans left.

So far I am really happy with what I've had the chance to see from this line.

Reaction score
Here is what I bought today:

My initial impression is that Mattel really wanted to deliver a toy kids would enjoy playing with and adults would feel nostalgic seeing. The blister packaging, the human with a baby dinosaur, the excellent head sculpt for the T-Rex with a realistic action feature, these feel like they're from the Kenner days. I think Mattel drew a lot of inspiration from what Kenner did in the 90's with Jurassic and completely ignored what Hasbro did (for good reason, those were awful toys).

I feel like this is the kind of JP line we've been waiting for since probably TLW in 1997, or the JP: Dinosaurs line that followed that in the late 90's. As soon as things shifted to Hasbro's team JP toys took a major dive and with the way they took the license for granted, it seemed like it was all over. I'm so excited to see we're beginning a new era for JP toys that already has a lot of positives going for it.

I'm really looking forward to a summer of hunting down Jurassic Park toys and seeing what else Mattel does with this franchise.

Reaction score
Found, some stuff at Target, found the humans on a peg in the same Aisle as the Dinos but down on the other end of the aisle. The Dinos were where JL was.

Reaction score
So I am going around and I want everyone's honest opinion on the three T-Rex sizes and what you think is the most accurate size to the Jurassic World and Jurassic World Legacy Collection (Jurassic Park) 3 3/4" figures:

• Jurassic World Super Colossal Tyrannosaurus Rex (both undamaged Target version and Wal-Mart Damaged and Roarin' version)
  • Jurassic World Thrash and Throw Tyrannosaurus Rex (with biting and neck articulation, stomping sounds, and roaring sounds)
  • Jurassic World Legacy Collection Extreme Chompin' Tyrannosaurus Rex

Which of these three do you think is the most accurate representation in size compared to the 3 3/4" figures?

Last edited:
Reaction score
went t my local Target this afternoon and scored the Matchbox Legacy JP1 Jeep as well as the Legacy figures of Grant and Muldoon... no sign of Ellie or Malcolm as of yet.

Reaction score
So I am going around and I want everyone's honest opinion on the three T-Rex sizes and what you think is the most accurate size to the Jurassic World and Jurassic World Legacy Collection (Jurassic Park) 3 3/4" figures:

• Jurassic World Super Colossal Tyrannosaurus Rex (both undamaged Target version and Wal-Mart Damaged and Roarin' version)
  • Jurassic World Thrash and Throw Tyrannosaurus Rex (with biting and neck articulation, stomping sounds, and roaring sounds)

Which of these three do you think is the most accurate representation in size compared to the 3 3/4" figures?

I'd go with the Super Colossal T-Rex for the size... seems to be the most likely candidate for scale size

Reaction score

Mine should be here tomorrow, but from what I've seen, I'd say either the Thrash n Throw or the Chompin' are the most accurately scaled.
The colossal is more in line with 6" figures.
The Chompin' is slightly smaller than the Thrash n Throw, so I guess it depends on whether you want your Rex to be a little larger, or a little smaller.
I'm guessing though, that the Thrash n Throw is actually closest to the film size.

Reaction score
An accurate 3.75 inch scale JP Rex would be around 26.7 inches long, given the animal's size was around 40 feet long. Therefore, the Thrash and Throw Tyrannosaurus is as close as you can get, and it's about 23 inches long, to my knowledge. The Colossal is more in scale for a 62 foot specimen, and the Extreme Chomping is around 19.5 inches long, so it only scales to 25.25 feet long.

Personally, I picked up all three...The TnT and Colossal have yet to arrive, but the EC Rex I have in hand. I ended up buying the Monolophosaurus 2-pack at Walmart. If you wanted, you could get that one, sell the Mono, and probably pay for the entire set. I plan to repaint mine either way, so the terrible blood scrapes don't bother me.

Reaction score
An accurate 3.75 inch scale JP Rex would be around 26.7 inches long, given the animal's size was around 40 feet long. Therefore, the Thrash and Throw Tyrannosaurus is as close as you can get, and it's about 23 inches long, to my knowledge. The Colossal is more in scale for a 62 foot specimen, and the Extreme Chomping is around 19.5 inches long, so it only scales to 25.25 feet long.
Technically an accurately scaled 40ft Rex would be 25" long, and 7.5" tall at the hips.
You were going by 1/18 scale. But at 1/18 a 6' human would be 4". That's modern GI Joe and Marvel Universe size.
3.75" figures are 1/19.2 scale.

Also 40ft was the largest, most complete skeleton found. So there were definitely larger and smaller T-Rex.
But I still agree that the Thrash and Throw is probably the closest (to the film) as you can get.

Going by the measurements above:
The Chompin' comes out at about 31.2ft long, in scale.
The Thrash and Throw comes out to about 36.8ft long, in scale.

Reaction score

Definitely the Thrash & Throw. Plus IMO it's the nicest looking of the three. I'd love to see Mattel release a retooled version without the action feature and instead articulation, as well as articulation for the jaw and legs.

Reaction score

Yeah I'm kinda bummed out on my Legacy Rex. I think the head should be bigger and that might have helped, but the Thrash n Throw is the closest the proper size. There is no way the Colossal is the right scale, that thing is abnormal next to the little figures. It's such a beautiful toy, but it stands on its own in a class above the others. I actually think it looks like a more accurate rex to the older vintage JP toys. That being said, the Legacy Rex has the most poseability and accuracy (no scars from the later Raptor attacks or the Indominus). Still a very cool toy, it just looks a tad underscaled, though it still towers over everything else released in the line, which is thankful.

Reaction score

Personally, I picked up all three...The TnT and Colossal have yet to arrive, but the EC Rex I have in hand. I ended up buying the Monolophosaurus 2-pack at Walmart. If you wanted, you could get that one, sell the Mono, and probably pay for the entire set. I plan to repaint mine either way, so the terrible blood scrapes don't bother me.
Yeah the blood design for any of the walmart stuff looks like child tattoos or something. That's my only major gripe with this entire line. Looking forward to seeing the dino damage ones in wave 2, though it looks like they went the Hasbro route but having a stiff piece of skin that slides down as opposed to a soft piece of rubber than can be reinserted, which I much prefer.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I saw these (except the humans) At Canadian TRU. The only humans were in the vehicle or Blue/gyro sets.

They are also listed on Walmart.ca. (Just singles of Pratt's character though.)

TRU.ca as well. (No single figures though!)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw these (except the humans) At Canadian TRU. The only humans were in the vehicle or Blue/gyro sets.

They are also listed on Walmart.ca. (Just singles of Pratt's character though.)

TRU.ca as well. (No single figures though!)
Which ones are you looking for? Online availability seems sporadic, at best, for these figures right now but to my surprise Amazon Canada is offering some of the Legacy Collection figures. They're all marked as temporarily out of stock but available for order. I placed an order for Grant x2, Ellie x2, and Malcolm x2. Fingers crossed they don't cancel the order.

They also have some of the Legacy dinosaurs available. As far as I can tell the only things they don't have from the Legacy Collection is the EC T-Rex, Muldoon, and the Jeep Wrangler.

Hate the Spino, but the sculpt is very good at least.
Yeah haha, the Spino is the true villain of the JP franchise after THAT SCENE. But it's a pretty good looking figure and I can see myself ordering it.

Reaction score
Got the carno and love it great sculpt well painted no screw holes total 180 from the junk hasbro put out from the last movie. Hopefully kids and collectors cane look forward to in this line