Jurassic World 2 Mattel Toys

Reaction score
It will definitely depend on how they look in person, sculpt paint apps etc. I would like to get Owen for a good Star-Lord head sculpt. It's upsetting that Claire comes with the sphere though. That Gyrosphere Blast Vehiclelook does pretty cool.

Also like to see Ellie an Grant turn out to look like, if any improvement from the old 90's figures.

Reaction score
The basic Claire comes with a dino hatchling and some other accessory. Three "story pack" comes with the gyrosphere. Ites also the story pack version of Owen that comes with adult blue. The basic version comes with a blue hatchling. Packaged photos of these are up (jptoys might be the best places to check them out). There's also pics of basically all of the basic wave 1 dinos too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Might need some help from over the pond in getting the Grant, Muldoon, Satler and Malcolm figures is anyone is willing to offer!

Reaction score
If I spot these, you're the first person I'll think of! Other than myself of course. :grin:

When i was on Mattel's site, i only saw Claire with the Sphere. I hope this line isn't too difficult to find.

Reaction score
If I spot these, you're the first person I'll think of! Other than myself of course. :grin:

When i was on Mattel's site, i only saw Claire with the Sphere. I hope this line isn't too difficult to find.
Cheers Buddy, really appreciate it. And apologies for not responding to your offer of help with the Sail Barge - lost track of your post and thread moved on about 200 pages :)

Looks like it will get made so I'll get a shot at it.

Reaction score
I am so getting all the humans, they will make great dio fillers. I read somewhere they may not be true 3 3/4 in scale? slightly smaller? If that is the case then I will only be picking of the female characters and kids.

GNT

Reaction score
The new Jurassic World toys are out here, very reasonable prices as well. No humans yet, just Dinos in various scales so picked up the Dilophosaurus because I've always liked that Dino

Reaction score
I want a Nedry figure with Dilophosaurus and JP Jeep! that would be Awesome!
That would be a fantastic set, especially with a Nedry in the yellow rain slicker and the Jeep with extra mud on it and a string winch would really make it.

Hoping to find these toys soon, haven't seen then in PA yet, haven't checked a Target in a week or so.

Reaction score
That would be a fantastic set, especially with a Nedry in the yellow rain slicker and the Jeep with extra mud on it and a string winch would really make it.

Hoping to find these toys soon, haven't seen then in PA yet, haven't checked a Target in a week or so.
I think the jeep they are making actually does have a working winch. I'm not sure if that's a part of the legacy line or not.

I'm so excited for these humans and dinos but my area hasn't put them out yet. I guess I should be glad for my wallet.

Reaction score
I think the jeep they are making actually does have a working winch. I'm not sure if that's a part of the legacy line or not.

I'm so excited for these humans and dinos but my area hasn't put them out yet. I guess I should be glad for my wallet.
No kidding, the only one I saw was the net launching one with that ugly yellow piece in the middle of the seats. Thankfully, it clips on to the front roll bar and can be removed for a better version.

Reaction score
spotted this guy last night... he's HUGE!!! posted a pic of TLJ Finn for reference:

Woah, Battle Damaged? Where was this one in particular? I think that's an exclusive to whichever store you were at, haven't seen anyone else posting about this particular one with red scrapes. All the normal ones I've seen are simply the tan-skinned rex, no damage.

Reaction score
Is it just me or does that Finn's hair have like...swoopy bangs?

Reaction score
checked my local Target and still no sign of these, was really bummed, no Vintage Collection yet either. I know a lot of places are getting both early, but PA is never one of them I swear

Reaction score
checked my local Target and still no sign of these, was really bummed, no Vintage Collection yet either. I know a lot of places are getting both early, but PA is never one of them I swear
Yeah, I’m from Scranton and I’ll be lucky if these get put out on the street date.

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m from Scranton and I’ll be lucky if these get put out on the street date.
Same in NW IN. I think it's gonna take until May to get all the wave 1 stuff I'm after. Hopefully not longer for the legacy figures.

Reaction score
No sign of these out in LA. I really want the Stegosaurus, as it looks to be such a great mold. I'd love to repaint it. I saw someone repaint the Mattel T-Rexs to be true to the original Rex from Jurassic Park. All I can say is... holy cow!

One version:

Another version:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Woah, Battle Damaged? Where was this one in particular? I think that's an exclusive to whichever store you were at, haven't seen anyone else posting about this particular one with red scrapes. All the normal ones I've seen are simply the tan-skinned rex, no damage.
Judging by the 3 3/4" BS Leia, looks like a Walmart exclusive.

Reaction score
Look at you, putting your latent Holmes to work!
Ha, it's garishly obvious if you've seen any reviews on the normal Big Rex. I'm not sure I dig the red wounds, they look more like tattoos to me than actual gashes, which is a shame. Kind of a cool concept, begs the question if it's supposed to reflect the damage inflicted by the I-Rex in the first JW or if the big Rex gets into yet another scrap with IndoRaptor.

Reaction score
No sign of these out in LA. I really want the Stegosaurus, as it looks to be such a great mold. I'd love to repaint it. I saw someone repaint the Mattel T-Rexs to be true to the original Rex from Jurassic Park. All I can say is... holy cow!

One version:

Another version:
I'm also planning to pick up the Stego as soon as I see him.

These repaints look AMAZING and show off how truly incredible those sculpts are! I had even read that mattel had to rush production on this line. After seeing some close ups for the Dr Grant and Sattler figures on Instagram, those facesculpts look better than any of the promo pics I've seen yet, too.

Reaction score
awesome sculpts, Mattel nailed it. Where on Instagram did you see the new Grant and Ellie figures? I'd love to see them close up

Reaction score
Of those of you that have found the JW figures, did anyone actually see the humans yet? Seems really frustrating that they put out the dinos first and that it's not all coming out together. To me, the humans are the most vital part of the line.

Reaction score
awesome sculpts, Mattel nailed it. Where on Instagram did you see the new Grant and Ellie figures? I'd love to see them close up
The user's name is: jurassic_world2018

About 3 of 4 rows down they've got 3 different posts that have multiple pics. When I went on to find out his name, a friend tagged me on a post by another user named Jurassicdave93 that had comparison pics of the new Muldoon. If you follow a few hashtags, you might be able to find more stuff as it seems like people are finding stuff all over every day.

I agree about the humans being vital too. Especially since vehicle are a big part of this line.

Reaction score
The user's name is: jurassic_world2018

About 3 of 4 rows down they've got 3 different posts that have multiple pics. When I went on to find out his name, a friend tagged me on a post by another user named Jurassicdave93 that had comparison pics of the new Muldoon. If you follow a few hashtags, you might be able to find more stuff as it seems like people are finding stuff all over every day.

I agree about the humans being vital too. Especially since vehicle are a big part of this line.
Awesome! Thanks man, I've seen some videos and pics of Jeep Wrangler from JP with a power winch! I'm so pumped to get that, looks incredibly accurate. Saw a shot of Malcolm as well, the lit flare is a great accessory. Also, Legacy Collection has a new raptor that actually pounces! This line is so dope...

Reaction score
I haven't seen any in-hand shots of Malcolm yet, but I have a feeling he'll be the hardest to find (I actually expect all 4 to be difficult, and being exclusive doesn't help)!

There's a lot of excitement for this line and I haven't seen any complaints yet from people that picked them up already. If these are readily available on the street date, and everyone is able to get what they're after on the first go-round, I'm hoping people will be more likely to pick up more stuff as impulse buys and that this line can stick around for the entire period between movies.

Reaction score
I haven't seen any in-hand shots of Malcolm yet, but I have a feeling he'll be the hardest to find (I actually expect all 4 to be difficult, and being exclusive doesn't help)!

There's a lot of excitement for this line and I haven't seen any complaints yet from people that picked them up already. If these are readily available on the street date, and everyone is able to get what they're after on the first go-round, I'm hoping people will be more likely to pick up more stuff as impulse buys and that this line can stick around for the entire period between movies.

Malcolm might look the best of all since they can cover his eyes with sunglasses. I'm finding the characters' eyes are the only bad part I'm seeing on these otherwise excellent figures. He comes with a lit flare accessory which has like a red translucent smoke. It's really awesome! Hoping we get the Jungle Explorer down the line if these toys take off, which I'm almost certain they will.

Does anyone know if Malcolm is an exclusive himself? I keep seeing the other 3 listed as Target, but the fact that he's always left out tells me he's an exclusive to another store altogether. Is that accurate?

Reaction score
has anyone found the action figures of the human characters yet at Retail. all I've seen are the dinosaurs and the Gyrosphere. I also spotted the truck that launches the gyrospehere out of the back as well.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Malcolm is an exclusive himself? I keep seeing the other 3 listed as Target, but the fact that he's always left out tells me he's an exclusive to another store altogether. Is that accurate?
He and the other 3 are part of the Legacy line. There are also dinos from The Lost World and JP3 that are also a part of that collection, and they're all target exclusives.

Also, Instagram user Jurassicollection found this box set at Target today for $40. He said this grant doesn't come with his flare gun, which I think is a little strange but this is still a steal for basically one of every dino from Jurassic Park!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhcM4XElv_d/

Reaction score
He and the other 3 are part of the Legacy line. There are also dinos from The Lost World and JP3 that are also a part of that collection, and they're all target exclusives.

Also, Instagram user Jurassicollection found this box set at Target today for $40. He said this grant doesn't come with his flare gun, which I think is a little strange but this is still a steal for basically one of every dino from Jurassic Park!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhcM4XElv_d/
Wow, heck of a deal, annoying that Grant doesn't come with any accessory, I mean they could at least have packed him with the SPAS 12 shotgun, he actually used that in the movie. Can't wait to pick up all these amazing figures

Reaction score
picked up both versions of Owen as well as the mercenary figure today. my target looks to have a HUGE selection coming this weekend.. 20 pegs opened in the action figures isle for JP stuff

Reaction score
I got all the Legacy humans yesterday, no Malcolm on the pegs though. I'm telling you guys, I think he's an exclusive to another store. Got the power winch JP JEEP, amazing vehicle even if very simple, great detail! Picked up some dinos too, talk about selection! It felt like 1993 all over again, so many great sculpts. I got the Dilophosaurus, Triceratops and Velociraptor that can pounce. I'm glad I found the humans when I did because I got the best paint apps on Grant and Muldoon. Only one Ellie, but thankfully she was good. I've seen Grants with wonky eyes, which sucks because it looks exactly like Sam Neill. Muldoon suffers from shiny face, otherwise looks like a spitting Bob Peck. The figures arms are SUPER gummy though and no wrist articulation, which sucks for two-handing the shotgun or posing otherwise, but for 7.99, the same price as the 5POA Star Wars junk (great sculpts aside), this is a deal. Loved the practical accessories they came with, I just wish Grant had an openable flare case from the Explorer. Hopefully they make the Exporer as well in the future.

I'm planning on getting the Legacy Rex paint job, Stego, baby Rex, probably another Raptor and the Metricanthosaurus, because I always remember seeing it listed on the embryos that Nedry takes, so I think it's so cool they included it. Probably will get the Carno too. I wish it had some kind of color change skin feature like in The Lost World book.

Reaction score
Also, saw the Colossal Rex, holy crap that thing is huge! I'm pretty sure it's out of scale with the new figures, it's just too big next to the Jeep and figures. I sized it up at the store to be sure, but I suppose it matches the older JP toys since they are taller? Can anyone confirm this? I'd love to get it either way, such an amazing sculpt and feel. I hate the the trash and throw Rex has some break points on it's neck, rather than having it all be rubber to hide the joints, which makes me not like it as much. That's the biggest weakness in the entire line to me. I loved the old rubber feel in the old school ones. I'm off to 2 Wal-Marts to check their JW stock, maybe find TVC too.

Reaction score
Also, saw the Colossal Rex, holy crap that thing is huge! I'm pretty sure it's out of scale with the new figures, it's just too big next to the Jeep and figures. I sized it up at the store to be sure, but I suppose it matches the older JP toys since they are taller? Can anyone confirm this?
Dunno about the JP T. rex specifically, but real adult specimens average 30-40 feet in length and so the Colossal Rex is pretty close to 6" figure scale.

Reaction score
Congrats On all the great pick ups! I kind of had the feeling the ands might be a little gummy. Some of the avatar figures were like tyst, but thought that was a pretty satisfying line. I can't imagine they don't do the kids and the explorer at some point.