Jurassic Park Amber-top Cane

Cramer

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Has anyone seen one of these made? I want to make one but am not sure of the best materials.
I did a mock-up with resin and a dead bug, but it's too opaque. Any ideas or links would be appreciated! Thanks

sycor

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Someone at the RPF made one but I can't remember who or how they made it. You should check there though.

Cramer

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
It's hard to get any details there. They don't post how-too's when they can make em and sell em off themselves. I just want to know what kind of plastic to use.

sycor

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
If I had to guess, I would say it was a pressure cast resin with a dye mixed in to give it the tint.

Cramer

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm actually finishing up. It came out better than expected. I'll post a pic, although this thread doesn't get much traffic.

ihs

Moff
Reaction score
Cramer said:
Thanks. I'm actually finishing up. It came out better than expected. I'll post a pic, although this thread doesn't get much traffic.
Just ran across this thread (I don't get to this section of the boards very often
), and I would love to see pics when you're done. I've always thought this would be a sweet prop to add to the collection, so if you do a run of them, I would likely be pretty interested.

Cramer

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
The one I did is not a replica, but a inspired idea. It has a dragon fly in the amber on a dark cherry stained bamboo

GNT

Reaction score
Any pictures?

The cane has so many replicas floating around, I might pick one up at some point.