jonthejedi's mancave 2.0

Reaction score
Yeah...flash pics were bleaching out the details, so I tried more natural, low light(I don't have the best digital camera). Like Han Solo, they look more photo-real like the actors in more natural lighting conditions.

Reaction score
Almost have this OT shelf complete...just waiting now for SSC C3P(soon!). I received HT Luke Skywalker today...a ton of cool accessories, so you can replicate the Death Star escape; training on the Falcon, receiving his father's lightsaber from Ben, etc. I went for a combination of the aforementioned two scenes. Hope you enjoy the shots! -Jon

Reaction score
Cool figures! i'm waiting on both Ben & Luke, is the sideshow R2 worth picking up?

Reaction score
Most definitely...especially if you already have the Tam. C3PO, or plan on getting the Sideshow version. R2 has excellent weathering details, lots of features plus you get Obi-Wan's table from his hovel.
Cool figures! i'm waiting on both Ben & Luke, is the sideshow R2 worth picking up?

Reaction score
I don't have the droids yet...& Sideshows R2 does look great, but it's inevitable Hot Toys will make R2 & 3PO? I might wait it out a little longer:\

Reaction score
I know, Herb! She's on my 50/50 list...I would actually prefer her from Empire to place with Hoth Han & Luke. Maybe HT will produce one.

Reaction score
Hey gang! Though not SW, I decided to start a small HP wing in one of my Detolf's to honor my late son Tyler, whom we lost in 2011 at the age of 15. Harry Potter was a big part of our movie going experience, and most of my mancave is dedicated to his memory. He never got to see Deathly Hallows Part 2, and I can't get thru that epilogue(and the John Williams music underscore) without weeping. I only have these three from Star Ace for starters. I also added a classic family portrait of the two of us enjoying Butterbeer at Universal Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida(3 Broomsticks restaurant), as well as a SW Weekends shot. Hope it makes you smile.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Jon, I'm not good at saying things when someone passes, thanks for sharing your fine tribute in memory of your son.

Reaction score
Thank YOU, for stopping by. Tyler turned into an Uber SW fan because of Dad, met George Lucas at Celebration III, met President Bush at Tee ball on the South Lawn, met Buzz Aldrin when I was a mgr. At WaldenBooks. He had an incredible 15 years, never stopped smiling; never liked anybody to be sad. It's tough enough being a parent, but being the parent of a special needs child kept me on my toes 24/7. I wouldn't have traded it for anything. He would have loved the new man cave, and always wanted to be the little tour guide. Next arriving will be the FO FA snow trooper in about 2 weeks...can't wait.

Reaction score
Some of these sad moments in life can transform into precious memories that will never be fogotten. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Thanks, my friend, for your words. It wasn't my intention to transform my limelighting display into a sad thing, but, yes...tons of nostalgia & especially memories. My mancave actually became a place of warmth & healing for myself & many in my family. Room permitting...I hope I can continue to grow & nurture it with iconic characters & moments from some of my favorite movie experiences.

Reaction score
Super-blessed, privileged & lucky enough to be Sideshow's collector of the week!!! Stop over to their blog & check out my pop culture mancave.

Reaction score
Thanks my friend! It was a long time coming...and I submitted an entry twice. I can't imagine the waiting list they go thru for worldwide 1/6th scale collectors.

Reaction score
Jakku wing of the mancave(well...except for the snowtrooper). Had to move things around...and UP, since we rescued a kitten, and he's a jumper. Hope to get Luke & Han as well.

Reaction score
I like the Finn Stormtrooper, Great addition to your collection...Kylo looks a little short though, is he in a crouched pose?

Reaction score
Just received my 1st Imperial astromech droid(hopefully not my last). Looking forward to Death Star gunner, Death Squad Commander & TIE pilot joining the ranks.

Reaction score
Thanks to you both! I really like it a lot...it looks great near the shadow trooper, I think. I think that's it, Herb...I was desperate for something new(I almost bought the Battlefront Shocktrooper the other day). Right now...after more delays...I'm waiting for a Deathtrooper, Rogue One TIE pilot, Shoretrooper, two Jyn Erso's, DS Gunner, Alfred Hitchcock(my fav. Director from Mondo), Ellen Ripley, Sean Connery 007 & probably several others...all for the pop culture mancave. 2017 is here with more delays. Oh well.

Reaction score
Thanks to you both! I really like it a lot...it looks great near the shadow trooper, I think. I think that's it, Herb...I was desperate for something new(I almost bought the Battlefront Shocktrooper the other day). Right now...after more delays...I'm waiting for a Deathtrooper, Rogue One TIE pilot, Shoretrooper, two Jyn Erso's, DS Gunner, Alfred Hitchcock(my fav. Director from Mondo), Ellen Ripley, Sean Connery 007 & probably several others...all for the pop culture mancave. 2017 is here with more delays. Oh well.
Lots to look forward to then...:)...enjoy!

Reaction score
Today I received this custom, acrylic Imperial "cog" 1/6 scale stand from a Hong Kong eBay seller. Easy assembly, and can be used with or without the crotch cradle.