jonthejedi's mancave 2.0

Reaction score
Post flood August, 2014...the new & improved pop culture mancave. I apologize for the poor quality of the digital photos...but hopefully you can enjoy the contents:

Reaction score
...I've cut back on 3.75 displayed & focusing now on 1/6th predominantly...75% Star Wars, but including other pop culture franchises I love.

Reaction score
You'll find both pop culture past & present(notice my tribute to iconic 80's heroes & anti-heroes:

Reaction score
...I made good use of the LED strip lights that Ikea sells. That shelf runs the length of 1 basement wall.

Reaction score
My rec room used to look like Ollie's(if you get the reference)...now I'm told it's museumy, which I take as a compliment.

Reaction score
...very economical setup; the cube organizers & end tables are Better Homes&Garden from WalMart; the mini-posters are from AllPosters.com & the vertical dust cases for the 1/6th figures are courtesy of Michael's.

Reaction score
Excellent! Very cool and variate collection!! I like the prints and autographs too!

But you need a better Stormie helmet :)

Reaction score
Some final thoughts & images(sorry for the multiple posts, but couldn't upload them all at once). I am an only child who lost his Dad at age 10; met my wife indirectly(or directly?) because of Star Wars(I got into the video industry after seeing that movie in '77)...and we lost our special need child(who met George Lucas at Celebration III) at age 15 in 2011. This room is not just a narcotic release for me when stressed...it's a treasure trove of memories: from the 1st exposure I had to sci-fi/fantasy(watching Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea)...to watching Ray Harryhausen stop-motion classics on the floor with my son...to him giving guided tours when friends & family came to visit...to my mother taking me to see Planet of the Apes in 1968(and sitting stunned at the finale). It's all here, but mostly these characters are like old friends...so I invite you forumites, my new friends, over. Any questions or comments are appreciated...it's always a work in progress...like life itself.

Reaction score
You know it, Serg...your eagle eye on all things Imperial zeroed in on my old PVC Don Post stormie bucket. Shockingly...I'm still on disability leave following my spinal surgery last July; so I sold quite a bit of Hasbro to fund some of the newer pieces.
Excellent! Very cool and variate collection!! I like the prints and autographs too!

But you need a better Stormie helmet :)

Reaction score
I like the adjective museumy, it fits. I like the variety of stuff that you have mixed in, some great icons. But more importantly, it's stuff you like and has sentimental value to you. Well done.

Reaction score
Thank you...your words pretty much summed up my intent. -Jon(AKA jedisquared; AKA jonthejedi)
I like the adjective museumy, it fits. I like the variety of stuff that you have mixed in, some great icons. But more importantly, it's stuff you like and has sentimental value to you. Well done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The most important thing Jon is that you did your collection room as you liked it. Not as someone else told you it should look, but how you thought it is best. There are members on this board who don't like cheaper items combined with high end, or don't like non-SW stuff mixed with SW stuff. But we shouldn't care as long as our space is made after our preference (within the budget, space, or display constraints and limits). You have a great collection and I love it.

Reaction score
Here are some more closeup SW shots I didn't have time to post at the beginning:

Reaction score
More SW, my Florida carbon-freeze experience & my tribute to a hands-on special-effects artizan who predates Berg & Tippett.

Reaction score
...and lastly: a show I loved(for the 1st five episodes) before discovering the Enterprise & Falcon, my SSC Classic Apes shelf, and my all-time favorite action/macho man...captured recently in 1/6th scale glory from Star Ace.

Reaction score
The Jupiter 2 is a toy Trendmasters made in 1998. They made product from the 1997 remake as well as this ship & characters from the classic Irwin Allen 60's TV show. It's about 12" in diameter ; has a removable top with a play environment inside(control seats, robot cradle & suspended animation chambers), retractable landing gear & various red LED lights & sound effects(it came out around the time Hasbro produced the electronic Tantive IV & star destroyers, I believe). It's the only Jupiter 2 toy ever produced, even though Johnny Lightning did some die cast vehicles & Sears had a track Space Chariot play set with styrofoam Jupiter 2. As a kid, I loved all the Irwin Allen shows: Lost In Space, Voyage To The Bottom of the Sea, Time Tunnel & Land of the Giants. They have a Star Wars connection in that John Williams did the themes & scored some episodes(except Voyage).

Reaction score
You one heck of a collection there jedisquared...........but what i appreciate the most (lacking in my home) is the room (and then some) you have to dedicate for it. cuddos

james

Reaction score
Much appreciated, James. I have to credit my wife who picked out the house. She saw that long shelf & thought of all my stuff. It used to be home to all my Hasbro 3.75" before I thinned out the collection & decided to focus on Sideshow & Hot Toys 1/6th. It still looks a little busy; meaning crowded...but you should have seen it before...a major toy warehouse-wall to wall bookcases, racks, etageres, etc. You couldn't even see the slat doors on the walls. It also had a play table & foosball table...yikes. My wife keeps telling me...less is more. I find anyone can work with the space they have...I would love to see your collection sometime.

Reaction score
very cool...............................................................

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yeah, I love Marty & wish they(HT) would do Chris Lloyd Doc Brown...though I did see they have 2015 Hill Valley Marty previewed. I'm also looking forward to the SSC AT-AT driver which I will pose next to the SSC snowtrooper(and move the Koto, probably).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeh the AT-AT Driver is on my wants list, i have the Marmit AT-AT Driver beside my Sideshow Snowtrooper, but im sure i can make space for another.

Reaction score
Thanks hellhippie! I know it's all over the place with movies & entertainment media...but as Sergui pointed out...it's me. I had a pretty big sci-fi/fantasy influence growing up(only child; lost my Dad at age 10). 2001(I want that Phicen Dave Bowman Discovery astronaut 1/6th so bad) & Planet of the Apes, as well as Irwin Allen TV shows were huge with me. Then came Star Trek & later Star Wars gobsmacked me bigtime. My collection is STILL predominantly SW, and I still have alot of clamshelled & boxed 3.75" sets(Evolutions are a particular favorite series) on display. I wasn't able to score a SDCC FA 1st Order stormtrooper yesterday(sigh)...but I did receive my GOTG Star Lord figure from goHastings. Anxiously awaiting my SSC ARC trooper "Fives" & ROTJ scout trooper.

Reaction score
Well...as far as screen accuracy, I would probably defer to your eagle eye & knowledge of all things Imperial. I love the Koto as you know...they're not perfect matches, but I had to futz a bit with the SSC scout trooper(especially around the belt & pouches). The helmet is def. off in places(like others have mentioned on the angle-ness of the visor)...but the poseability is really good(at least on mine). I would maybe place the SSC snowtrooper a little ahead of this one, but Sideshow did a pretty decent job(especially on the detailing).

Reaction score
New addition to my Tatooine-focus 1/6th shelf in the mancave...enjoy! -Jon

Reaction score
Just arrived today(a day late but non the worse)...Hot Toys Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi & added to the Star Wars wing of my pop culture mancave. The inner robes even have patches of material stress like the actual wardrobe prop. Kudos to HT! Enjoy! -Jon

Reaction score
Just arrived today(a day late but non the worse)...Hot Toys Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi & added to the Star Wars wing of my pop culture mancave. The inner robes even have patches of material stress like the actual wardrobe prop. Kudos to HT! Enjoy! -Jon
Nice. The face looks pretty good.