John Kellerman

Reaction score
I just read that John Kellerman has passed on, and though I never met him, I am forever grateful for his legacy and what he provided the Star Wars Collecting community. I have referred to his wonderful and amazing book several times in my life. My condolences to his family and whoever knew him personally. No one's ever really gone. RIP Mr. Kellerman.

Reaction score
A sad day for the Star Wars community indeed. I know his health had been an issue for a few years now, but it's always sad when we loose a prominent member. His contributions will be long remembered. I'm even more sad now that his second volume never made it to production.

Reaction score
John was a wonderful human being and a devoted, passionate fan. I remember him calling me late at night working on the book and asking me thoughts about cardbacks and proofs. What I really remember most is meeting him for the first time. Here we all were running around Celebration II like we were the coolest kids in town. Most of us RebelScummers in our late 20’s, early 30’s and here I’m introduced to John and I remember being awe-stricken how much “older he was” than the rest of us. Unlike us, who grew up with this stuff and represented the best of our childhood, John would have been in his mid to late 30’s when SW came out, so he brought a totally fresh and unique take to the hobby, from an angle different than us. I think that’s what made him such a strong asset to the community and a true pioneer in its infancy to where it is now. Many things we know and learned about this hobby, John figured it out first and we all listened attentively and made mental notes.

RIP John

Jim

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow. Time typically is what we want most and use worst, but there are way worse ways for us to use ours. John Kellerman made this hobby better; it’s like his scholarly approach made it okay to be into this stuff this much. He legitimized it. RIP.

Reaction score
His book was amazing. They are not easy to find and arent cheap. One of the best Star Wars figure books ever!

Looking for the following: Send a message if you any of these to sell or trade.
Mego CHiPs & Dukes Of Hazzard 3.75" Scale
Gabriel Lone Ranger 3.75" & 10" scale
Hasbro 2008 Indiana Jones 1/6 scale Mail Away Ark of the Covenant
Coleco NHL Stanley Cup/Power Play Table Hockey Game

Reaction score
I’ve been working as part of the group to update and maintain his matrix the past few years.

Having gone through everything we have, the thing that amazes me is how he was able to catalog everything the way he did, at the time he did. I mean with Google and years of archives and a huge online presence for vintage starwars, plus an internet which can handle hi res photos, and where social media makes it easy to reach out to people... it’s still a huge PITA for us trying to track down new pieces. I can’t imagine the dedication it must have done to do the original work.

We benefited greatly in our work having a solid foundation and could start to see patterns of what is likely to exist and what isn’t. We can search for very specific pieces. I can imagine trying to start out empty (or maybe you and a few friends collections) and getting it to the point he did.

Never met him. If I did, my first words to him would be “thank you”. Would have loved to see his collection before it was sold off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
This sucks man, hopefully someone will take the reins and try to follow what this man started. Forever grateful for the lessons, RIP.