Jodo's Basic Figure Collection....Another Angle

Reaction score
Jodo's Basic Figure Collection - 2015 Office Pics

This was my collection around 2006 or so, however I stopped collecting around 2008. I started again after going out for the Star Wars auditions a while back. Pictures of my office can be seen in the thread, as my new displays/focus developed:

And then of corse my other 150 or so POTF2 and TPM figures.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: Jodo\'s Basic Figure Collection....Another Angle

Nice collection (old and new). So what are you going to keep?

Reaction score

Thanks!

For carded, I'm keeping most of POTF2 figures I have, my Modern Vintage stuff, and about 30 or so other figures that I'm keeping for various reasons. I'm keeping All the vehicles (aside from OTC Vaders TIE, Basic TIE, and X-Wing), the 100 or so loose figures (or realy the carded figure I just opened, LOL) and I'm keeping the busts and minis.

I'm preety much only selling the 200 or so carded figures, the 40 carded deluxe figures, and some of the penny-anny crap that dosen't meen anything to me. LOL.

Reaction score
Re: Jodo\'s Basic Figure Collection....Another Angl

jodo said:
Altogether, just opening them, it took about 3 and a half hours, just peeling the bubbles off, and throwing the figures into the bags
Freeeeeeedom! I'm opener, if you couldn't tell.

Very nice collection! There are lots of things there I don't think I've ever seen, like the Sith probe droid on a pole.

I've also done major downsizing my collection over the last year and a half. If you check out the RS classifieds, there are often people looking for all kinds of stuff to fill out their collections.

Reaction score
Re: Jodo\'s Basic Figure Collection....Another Angl

I think I've got stuff even I haven't seen before, LOL!

Ya, I just typed up the list. I'm still trying to figure out prices and how I'm going to be able to ship the bloody things.

I counted, and here this week I opened 148 basic figures, as well as 20 deluxe figures.

AMG

Reaction score

jodo said:
Altogether, just opening them, it took about 3 and a half hours, just peeling the bubbles off, and throwing the figures into the bags. I went from 16 plastic tubs of carded figures, to 1 box of loose figures, and 3 boxes of MOMC stuff. One box is modern vintage style, another Fett, McArt, and other special figures, and the third box is POFT2 figures.
Reminds me of something I did many years ago. I called it an "opening party." took me hours to finally open all my figures. Felt great to rip them open and finally set them all up. Are you going to display all your newly freed figures? If so, I'd love to see the new display.

Reaction score

Impressive ,most impressive.

Cheers.

Grant.

Reaction score

Ya, they're deffintly going on display, but there's still painting and evrything else to do before anything else happens though. So I don't think anything will be happening anytime soon.

Reaction score

Great collection! And displayed really nicely, too.

Reaction score
It took me five years....But thank you! :p

Recently I started collecting figures again. After auditioning for the new movie my girlfriend and I watched ANH and ESB. She hadn't seen any SW films, so after re-living my childhood with her I was nostalgic for toys. I ended up buying a few things in December, but have bought several items this year. I missed out during the prime vintage and CW part of everything, so I'm doing a lot of back tracking. I decided to make use of my closet again, so I cleaned out almost everything, and ended up using one side of it for some simple dioramas. The other side of the closet is mostly empty. Aside from a few props, busts, airsoft guns, and the royal Naboo starship it's free shelf sapce. I may take those 3 shelves and do a Naboo hanger, rebel hander, and Star Tours hanger. I'm not sure yet. Aside from what's seen here I still have 3 big plastic tubs of carded figures I kept, as well as 4 plastic tubs of loose vehicles and other items. Definitely not what it used to be, but I think I may honestly enjoy the items more now than I did back then anyway....

Reaction score
For a second, I thought you might have been a buddy of mine who does a Jodo Kast costume. I was wondering why he was holding out on me with his SW collection!

But, nice collection, man!

Reaction score
Nope, I'm not Craig! Though he and I did have some correspondence back in the day! You do however know me from costumes though! ;P -Zach

Reaction score
Since I've moved for a different school, I can only display a few figures at a time in my office. However my family has allowed me to keep stuff in my room back home, so I still have all of my Hasbro dioramas on display there. Here is a picture of my current office shelf (I'd like to get another AT-DP for the top), as well as some edited individual pictures that you might consider test shots for an eventual photonovel. ;)

30 Stormtroopers and some scouts:

Indiana Jones:

StarTours:

And Hoth:

Reaction score
Good move.
Get 'em opened! I really don't like looking at collections that just look like someone is trying to turn their house into a shop. What do people expect by keeping stuff carded? The majority of this modern stuff is worthless and the packaging is mostly ugly, so enjoy it in the way in which it was intended!

Reaction score
What a wonderful display! I really enjoyed the ships shelf: seeing that Naboo cruiser in the centre really shows its awesome size, especially flanked by those gunships. I also really enjoyed your stormtrooper and snowtrooper displays with the added snow effects. Really stark and impressive images.

Reaction score
Thanks for looking guys! I agree opening my figures was a good move. As a younger person it was just cool to me for them to all be MOMC. However as I got older I realized I had always wanted to open them, so I gave in. I love recreating (or reimagining) movie scenes with them, so I don't regret opening them at all!

Reaction score
Thanks for looking guys! I agree opening my figures was a good move. As a younger person it was just cool to me for them to all be MOMC. However as I got older I realized I had always wanted to open them, so I gave in. I love recreating (or reimagining) movie scenes with them, so I don't regret opening them at all!
I started building dioramas and opening modern figures as a build them after having them all mint on card in tubs. It is really fun to build and environment to recreate the movies, then open the figures up and put them in the scene. So bravo sir on your decision and have fun.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, when I was storing them I had to have over a dozen plastic tubs just to hold them all. Now they fit in about 9 smaller storage boxes, aside from the ones on display of course.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, when I was storing them I had to have over a dozen plastic tubs just to hold them all. Now they fit in about 9 smaller storage boxes, aside from the ones on display of course.
Ok - I don't know why, but I didn't fully appreciate the scope of your collection on first viewing. You've got so much stuff, and a wonderful variety from bagged play items to carded collections. You clearly have a lot of comic-making to do. The intensity of your display is what, I think, makes it so magic. It just feels like a massive, detailed, treasure-room.

Reaction score
Treasure room is pretty accurate! :p Thanks for checking it out some more! Right now the closet portion is partially dioramas and carded/box stuff, while the other side is boxed up stuff of my girlfriend's. My office only has the one shelf still, however I'd honestly like to have 2 or 3 more shelving units in there. I just don't have enough room for it all though since moving to an apartment sadly. I've been trying to think of ways to shuffle the furniture around to get maybe one more shelf, but my dang couch takes up way too much room!

Reaction score
Here's some new shots of my office shelves, though I'm still trying to figure out how to get another 5-tier one in there somehow! I might just have to burn that couch...

Anyway, here's the shelf with the new AT-DP in its rightful place. If I could get my girlfriend to stop putting books on the bottom shelf I'd be able to use that one as well!

And here is the "cube holder" as we call it. There's my Indiana Jones set-up, Batman and his BatMotorcycle, Guardians of the Galaxy, and an Egyptian box from Disney that I store all my other Indiana Jones figures in. My girlfriend's Cinderella stuff is there in the middle, and you can also see my Legacy hardback comics, and my Joker Glock. Also, I hate the green carpet in this apartment with a passion.

One thing I'd like to get some more of are those Indiana Jones crates that came with the figures. Those are hands down my favorite pack-ins that ever came with any toys!

Reaction score
Wow - you actually make nice displays that are presentable as viewing pieces. I think your girlfriend's Cinderella stuff is actually a nice touch - a fun display for a variety of visitors and viewers. I love your office shelves: the Imperial display on the top shelves and the snowtrooper diorama on the bottom nicely bookend those other shelves in the middle. What is that red shuttle-like thing in the middle, what does it do, and what can it hold?

Reaction score
Thank you my friend!! If I had another shelf I'd definitely add a few more displays, and more props to the mix. Honestly, if I could have my way I'd move the futon out of the office and put another 3 shelves on that wall. However I ran that idea by my girlfriend last night and she gave me the stink eye for about 10 minutes. I don't think I'm going to get to do that. LOL.

That shuttle is my most favorite Star Wars vehicle/toy of all time! It is the Disney exclusive Starspeeder 1000, which is the Star Tours vehicle. Ever since going to Disney in the early 90's and experiencing the ride it was essentially my most desired item. They finally made it a few years ago (though not in the white/blue color scheme), so I absolutely had to have it. Here's some pics of it:
Photo Review: Star Tours Starspeeder 1000 Vehicle Playset : EndorExpress

Reaction score
looks awesome. great job.

I completely agree with the Starspeeder. I was lucky to snag one last September along with the droids set for $90.00 at a local convention. I love this vehicle.

I'm looking forward to riding Star Tours next week at CVII. the last time I was on Star Tours was at the Last Ride to Endor during CV.

Reaction score
Thanks! That's a pretty good deal on one, considering the price of driving to Orlando! :p You'll have to ride Star Tours for me, but you can't blame me if you get chosen as the rebel spy!!!

Reaction score
Here's some new pictures of my collection back at home, as well as an updated picture of my Indy crate display (Thanks to Lance Quasar)!

Reaction score
Wow - those are some awesome dioramas: Geonosis, Mustafar, Endor -- what an incredible shelf! You've really created the dynamic energy of the movies. In the case of the Mustafar diorama, your setup even exceeds the vigor of the film scene.

Reaction score
LOL, thank you!!! I kind of wanted to capture a unique snapshot of each scene, as oppose to having film accurate displays. One thing I plan to do is detail the dioramas more sometime. I'll buy some greenery for Endor and sand for Jabba's Palace, etc. It'll look a lot nicer once I have time to do all that; however I have no idea when I'll be able to have time/the money to do so!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks to DarthPhlegethon, I got these guys to reinforce my Imperial ranks! Not shown is some more VOTC Stormtoopers that I also got from Ebay:

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!!

ReallyMe, I was hoping to have a new chapter up for Era of Darkness by now, but a film class I am in has taken up all my extra time. I've also not been able to paint some stuff yet for that one set, so that's been a delay as well. I actually finished the first half of the chapter quite a while ago, I just need time. :/

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!!

ReallyMe, I was hoping to have a new chapter up for Era of Darkness by now, but a film class I am in has taken up all my extra time. I've also not been able to paint some stuff yet for that one set, so that's been a delay as well. I actually finished the first half of the chapter quite a while ago, I just need time. :/
Gee, Jodo, let's see: one of my most favorite comic artists hasn't done his new chapter because he's ... taking a FILM CLASS. Trust me: no apology needed. Your fan here is excited that the artist is taking more training. You have film in you; that you're taking a film class is simply perfect. It only fills me with more anticipation. :)

Reaction score
LOL, thanks for the support!!! Is it sad that I've jotted down more than a few notes in my notebook about potential photonovel shots?

The weird thing is hearing "a shot like X signifies motivations Y of the characters shown" or "angle A displays emotion B"...And I sit there like "so that's why I did that with the photonovel", hahaha! I would have never expected my ideas to be directly connected to actual existing techniques. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to refine some of my stuff for the next chapters, or delve deeper into the motivation of getting shots that I want. :D

Reaction score
LOL, thanks for the support!!! Is it sad that I've jotted down more than a few notes in my notebook about potential photonovel shots?

The weird thing is hearing "a shot like X signifies motivations Y of the characters shown" or "angle A displays emotion B"...And I sit there like "so that's why I did that with the photonovel", hahaha! I would have never expected my ideas to be directly connected to actual existing techniques. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to refine some of my stuff for the next chapters, or delve deeper into the motivation of getting shots that I want. :D
It seems to me that you could use your Photonovel as a medium for practice and study. The sky's the limit, with you.

Reaction score
I recently added these display cases for my Astromech collection thanks to my girlfriend! I think there's still 8 R2's, 2 R4's, and 5 R5's I'd like to get. After that it's going to throw off the categories, LOL.

Last edited: