Jet Trooper - Gaming Greats (BFII)

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Jet Trooper (Gaming Greats) from Battlefront II. Jing stated in the 21.09.08 livestream that it was the new clone body, but it looks like the old one to me. Modified torso to add a slide (peg/hole) for jetpack. Blue accents are consistent with other 501st clones throughout the line. This is #06 in the Gaming Greats sub-line.

Gamestop-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive in the U.S., EB Games Exclusive in Canada, & Fan-Channel Exclusive in the U.K.

Available for pre-order beginning tomorrow, September 9th, at 1:00pm ET HERE. On shelf Spring 2022. MSRP is $26.49.

Press Images

Black-Series-Jet-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-BF-II-Boxed-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Jet-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-BF-II-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Jet-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-BF-II-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Jet-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-BF-II-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Jet-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-BF-II-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Jet-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-BF-II-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-Jet-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-BF-II-Boxed-1.jpg

Black-Series-Jet-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-BF-II-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-Jet-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-BF-II-Loose-4.jpg

Black-Series-Jet-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-BF-II-Loose-5.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't played the game so is this guy supposed to be 501st or not? I really hope the blue matches Rex, Echo, and 501st Trooper so he can fit in even if he isn't supposed to be 501st. In the final season of Clone Wars the 501st was making great use of jet packs too so it would fit in well.

Reaction score
Old sculpt so this is 100% a pass. Funnily enough if it had the new sculpt I would be 100% into it. I try and keep all my figures in a dynamic pose and the old sculpt makes that near impossible.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I haven't played the game so is this guy supposed to be 501st or not? I really hope the blue matches Rex, Echo, and 501st Trooper so he can fit in even if he isn't supposed to be 501st. In the final season of Clone Wars the 501st was making great use of jet packs too so it would fit in well.
Jing specifically stated that the blue would match.

Reaction score
I haven't played the game so is this guy supposed to be 501st or not?
Yes and No.

In game the Jet Troopers are not linked to a specific Clone group. They are a special class in game and as such have their own unique skins. The generic Clone Classes, Officer, Assault, Sniper, Heavy Weapons, do have skins based on various Clone Legions/Battalions, but the Special Classes like the Jet Trooper and Commando's Skins were not based on a specific existing Clone Group.

That said, the 501st's Jet Troopers in The Clone Wars used this same paint scheme. When Battlefront II launched the default Jet Trooper had a Red/Browne Skin, and this design was later added. I am blanking if it was added before or after the launch of Season 7, but while not specific to the 501st In Game, it was used for the 501st in Season 7.

Reaction score
Never played the game but I really like the look of this figure. It's one that will probably tempt me even though it is completely outside of my collecting focus.

Reaction score
It’s a really cool design. From the initial pics I thought they just reused the old clone legs but it’s the whole figure unfortunately. I just don’t get it. They have a beautiful new clone, they tell us it’s on the new clone buck, and we get the junky old one. 🤦‍♂️

Reaction score
Hot take, but the old clone helmet is more accurate. At least to the movies.

The new one is very clearly based on the animated version, and the proportions are off. I also think the smaller shoulder pads on the new mold make the figure look very skinny.

Battlefront II based its clone design off the movies rather than TCW, so strictly speaking the old mold helmet is more accurate for a BF2 figure. I'm guessing that if they're using the old helmet, they need to use the old torso. And if they're using the old torso, they probably figure they may as well reuse the whole mold.

It's a shame that the articulation on the old figure is clunkier, and the legs stand in a more natural looking pose on the new one.

But I do prefer the helmet on the old figure.

Reaction score
I'm happy Hasbro is going to release this trooper class. I've never played BF II, so it much more reminds me of the Clone Wars Jet Troopers that appeared in one or two episodes; there's also a 3.75" version from 2013.
But why does almost every TCW related character have to be an exclusive??? They're so much more expensive over here and very hard to come by.

Reaction score
Preordered a couple of them.

I have to say, overall, I was able to pre-order everything I was looking for without much hassle. Even the Target prototype Stormtrooper.

Reaction score
Just to add extra confusion to the body discussion - that is definitely not the old helmet. The 'nose' of the visor on the old one widens out much more than this one does, so it looks to me like this is probably the new helmet (or maybe a new mold in a mixed TCW/ROTS style?)

Reaction score
It’s a really cool design. From the initial pics I thought they just reused the old clone legs but it’s the whole figure unfortunately. I just don’t get it. They have a beautiful new clone, they tell us it’s on the new clone buck, and we get the junky old one. 🤦‍♂️

I don't really get it, either. They've claimed that by using both the old and new molds, they can produce multiple clone figures concurrently (i.e., 501st Archive and the Walgreens 212th) instead of stamping out one clone character at a time.

Reaction score
I don't really get it, either. They've claimed that by using both the old and new molds, they can produce multiple clone figures concurrently (i.e., 501st Archive and the Walgreens 212th) instead of stamping out one clone character at a time.
I will say that the newer old clone figures (Bly, Archive Cody, Purge troopers for example) seem to function better than the old ones. At least the ones I have. The joints are less floppy and awkward. But I much prefer the skinnier new look even if slightly animated in style. And as my shelf space is at a minimum right now the only clones I’m gonna add are the new ones so this guy loses out.

Reaction score
I will say that the newer old clone figures (Bly, Archive Cody, Purge troopers for example) seem to function better than the old ones. At least the ones I have. The joints are less floppy and awkward. But I much prefer the skinnier new look even if slightly animated in style. And as my shelf space is at a minimum right now the only clones I’m gonna add are the new ones so this guy loses out.
Purge troopers are old mold, as well as Cody, archive or not. They are just as bad as original sculpt.
Rex and Bly (and hawk) are an in-between. that was far superior to old mold, but still fall short of the current mold.

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out if the lowers legs are backwards like Hawk? I can’t tell from the pics

Reaction score
I like it!!

I don't see it even listed on the Canadian site (what a surprise). Hopefully this will be easier to get the 212th trooper which sold out almost instantly and has never been restocked.

GNT

Reaction score
I dig it, it‘s such a nicely designed trooper. shame it’s an exclusive and will cost a fortune to buy.