Jedi vs. Sith Battle Pack

GNT

Reaction score
flounnderr said:
Hey,
I'm writing because i'm not sure if the jedi vs sith pack is an exclusive. I haven't seen them at tru at all.
I've been waiting for this for a while.

THanks
Servicestop said:
Ok, I'll bite.

It is not an exclusive...I've seen these at Targets and Wal-Marts here in the Northwest but they are only just now hitting. Keep an eye out, you should see them soon.
Habs98 said:
I purchased one at Target last week...biggest waste of $25 in my opinion!!! Only got it because I'm a completist or else I would have passed.

Reaction score
Why, why, why? I have always remained faithful to hasbro, throughout the action features, repaints, rehashes, and goof ups, but this I just won't accept.

I saw this today and was disgusted. I have been looking forward to this set (well the Obi-Wan at least) for EVER! The Yoda sucks, the Greivous is okay, but I already have him loose and carded, the Anakin looks like an effeminent 12 year old, and obi looks like he got in a stick fight and didn't have a stick.

They gave him the WRONG LIGHTSABER, not to mention it was bent like Dooku's and painted like a 5 year old did it. they gave him a lance, but no articulated knees to ride a speeder bike. To top it all off, they labelled it STORMtrooper armor. STORMTROOPER!?!?!?

Need I mention the lack of Siths in the Jedi vs SITH pack? I am very let down and I will NOT be forking over my $20-30 for this crap. I stood by you Hasbro. No more.

Reaction score
its not worth buying for if you just want one or two figures(I wanted it for the clone armor and Ventress)

Reaction score
Here are the Top 5 reasons why I love this set:

5) General Grievious - Never bought the sneak preview version, so this is new to me. Only have the four arm/four saber version. This is a nice alternative, the more neutral, posturing pose. Cape looks cool, I like the two arms and the imposing stance. Granted, if I already had this figure, I'd be disappointed. But I was planning ahead!

4) Obi Wan - There was NEVER a decent version of AOTC Obi Wan. Acklay Battle, Coruscant Chase and Outlander Club versions all had major, major flaws. (Though I liked the articulated legs of the Outlander version and wish this one had 'em.)

None of those earlier head sculpts were any good. This one isn't great, but it's at least a little better. (In fairness, I never saw the Clone Wars version, so maybe that was good...) So, finally, we have a decent AOTC Obi Wan. Not perfect, but it was necessary. I'm going to junk all my older versions or use them for customs.

3) Anakin. I really like the bad-[censored] torn tunic version of this character, as depicted in the Ventress duel from the AOTC cartoon.

Yeah, the head kinda sucks. Unfortunately, almost all Anakin heads (especially AOTC era) suck, including the Evolutions one. If I ever get to buying a dremmel, I'll replace his head with the Tatooine atttack version, which is probably one of the better heads out there. The "angry" expression of that figure will go well with this. Great figure, lousy head.

2) Accessories. I will never have the time or talent (or resources) to customize my own Obi Wan in clone armor. Yeah, this is kinda cheesy. Yeah, it doesn't even look like he's "really" wearing clone armor. Yeah, it feels rushed and half-assed. But, I'm glad we have it anyway.

I also like the lance and it's nice to have a few more sabers (of a new design) and an extra Grievious' gun.

I also really like the packaging, which is designed to look like a starship window overlooking Mustafar. I may keep this around for a photonovel. Otherwise, it's just a cool backdrop for display.

1) Asajj Ventress - LOVED the character in the 'toon. Have the animated version, which I like, but could never find the CW "live action" version, except on ebay, where it sells for around $20. Too much for a basic figure, IMO. And, to be honest, I was never over the moon about the head in that version, anyway.

This is the best of both worlds. It's got her cartoon appearnce done in a "realistic" fashion so she can fit in with the rest of the figures. The sculpting is great, articulation is pretty good. All around, this is a terrific figure and I'm glad I bought the set. Given that I was considering shelling out $20 for an ebay purchase of the CW version, for the same $20, I got a cool Grevious and a unique Anakin and Obi Wan. Not too shabby.

...as for Yoda.....into exile he must go.

Reaction score
What a waste. I will get it for the Asaaj figure because she looks great. But, nothing else is good. The Anakin is ok until the head. Obi-wan is completely off and the armor looks really bad. The yoda has yellow eyes, it isn't even a good figure and the have used it three times now, should have been the Votc minus the flute. Grievous, what? Why wouldn't they make a new one, That is hmmm, TALLER? Hasbro should also but a soft cape on him. WASTE THIS IS

Reaction score
This is the biggest waste of money I have spent on a Star Wars product. And I have been collecting for a very long time.

Reaction score
Hrvat76 said:
This is the biggest waste of money I have spent on a Star Wars product. And I have been collecting for a very long time.
Apparently you've never bought any Attacktix.

Reaction score
What really bothers me about this pack is that they put Episode III lightsabers in Anakin & Obi.... which they didn't have in the first season of the CW cartoon. The Evolutions Anakin set has 2 AOTC lightsabers..... maybe this is where Anakin's EIII saber ended...

P.D.: "Stormtrooper Armor", Grievous instead of Durge, "Sith" instead of "Separatists", wrong lightsabers... *sigh* Each time I'm more and more convinced that the ppl at Hasbro doesn't know a thing about SW...

Reaction score
The G.I. Joe "Heavy Weapons Assault" 6-pack has no Heavy Weapons, and several of the characters mentioned in the file cards aren't actually in a set.

Somebody has ADD.

Reaction score
People need to chill out about this set.

Okay, the name is slightly misleading. WHO CARES? Ventress and Grievious are not Sith, but they WORK for the Sith, they're part of the Sith team. Frankly, to be wholly accurate, they would have needed to put Sidious and Dooku in the set instead. And we have plenty of those characters floating around elsewhere.

The new Asajj is great and practically justifies the set on her own, given that the CW Asajj was nigh impossible to find and, on ebay, she sells for about $20 anyway.

It's great to have an Anakin in that outfit. Yeah, the head sucks, but so do ALL AOTC/Clone Wars era Anakin heads. If you're a customizer, go fix the sucker.

The Obi Wan is the BEST AOTC era Obi Wan figure there is. It's better than Coruscant Attack, Acklay Battle, Outlander Club and the Kamino "deluxe" version. Granted, that's a dubious honor, but I'm glad to have it, as I don't have a decent Obi Wan with that outfit.

Yoda is pointless and is a lame version of the character, but even without him, the set is worthwhile.

The Grievious is a GOOD version of the figure. I was lucky not to have bought him before, so I'm thrilled to get this version.

You know what you're getting with this set. It's not like they "sucker punched" you, you can easily tell from the box and any number of countless internet sites, reviews and threads what you're in store for. You can tell from the box that the Anakin head isn't good and that the trooper armor is a bit lame. Personally, I don't buy figures or toys that look lame to me.

It's easily the best of the announced "battle packs" by far.

Reaction score
Yeah, this is pathetic. I was going to buy it for Grevious, Ventress, Obi & Ani but Ani's face is unforgiveable(can't they get his face right ONE time; he's a main character for God's sake).

Obi's costume just doesn't do it for me either & I can only hope they redo it better down the line. And I'm certainly not paying $10 apiece for the other 2. If I can [censored] one on clearence later for $12, maybe I'll buy it but not for $20.

Reaction score
MasterGrievous said:
Wow you make a fine debate
I still dont like it
Hey, that's cool.
I'm not a shill for Hasbro, if you don't like something, don't buy it!

But there were a few people who mentioned they bought it, only to say they felt "ripped off." Which I think is ridiculous. The flaws in the set (and there are some big flaws) are very easy to see.

There are no hidden surprises here. It's not like you open the set to find out that the figures are made of Hershey's chocolate and will melt away if you don't eat them right away.

Anakin's head sucks. If that's a deal breaker, don't buy it. But don't buy it and then say, "oops, I couldn't tell from looking at the box in the store that Anakin's head sucked."

Personally, I never bought Preview Grievious. So for me, I got two great figures, Grevious and Asajj and two good, but flawed figures - Obi & Ani, for $20. Sounds like a deal to me.

And I still hold that this Obi wan is the BEST from the AOTC era (though I admittedly never saw the Clone Wars version, which might be better.)

Reaction score
^Ah, well....sorry to hear you're disappointed.

If I had read that yesterday, I'd offer to buy it from you.

But seeing how it was the ONLY new toy I've seen on shelves in about 7 weeks, I snapped it up immediately. And was glad I did.

Reaction score
This has to be one of the worst sets ever. I'm not interested in any of these re-hashes and it's a huge waste of money. I don't know who did the Anakin sculpt, but it SUCKS big time. Also, the armor for Obi-Wan looks ridiculous and reminds me of those Halloween smocks from the 70's. Why couldn't Hasbro give us what we wanted, which is a real armored Obi-Wan? This set screams CHEAP and I'll pass.

Reaction score
I'm very disappointed in the way they have the armor for Obi-Wan. It would have been better if they included a clone body w/ that cloak.

Reaction score
At least this set has a couple new figures in it. The upcoming sets are all rehashes. The Jedi Temple Attack set has repainted Clones in it, but that's about as close to a "new" figure as you'll get.

Reaction score
I really like this set. When I picked it up last month, I was doing it reluctantly. Now It's grown on me. The Anakin is pretty possible for a new figure, the Obi Wan I think looks good in the armor, and that assaj is really well done.

If only they threw a different Yoda and a Durge it would have been perfect.

This will be one of 3 Battlepacks I'll be getting. I wish the Temple Raid and Target set was out too.

Reaction score
Well.... I've been looking for this pack at Wallmart, K-Mart, Toys R' Us & Target and none of these had any left...

I'm not sure if they already received the pack. The only reference to it was a price tag on a peg at Target's SW Toys section that said "Jedi vs Sith Battle-Pack: $24.99".

Reaction score
Darth_Rayne said:
At least this set has a couple new figures in it. The upcoming sets are all rehashes. The Jedi Temple Attack set has repainted Clones in it, but that's about as close to a "new" figure as you'll get.
Yep. People keep griping about this set's "rehashes", but it has 3 new figures out of five! None of the other sets come close!

It's a good set. Flawed, but good.

BTW, I replaced the awful Anakin head with the one from "Evolutions"....it's noticeably better, but still not perfect, since the Evolutions head is pretty lame, too.

Ah, well. One day, I hope to hollow out a Tatooine attack head, which will be perfect.

Reaction score
I like this set - just wish it wasn't so much. Hasbro had comparable GIJoe 5-figure packs for like $15 and those even included a DVD or something.

Reaction score
I literally laughed out loud when I saw this set at Wal-Mart over the weekend. What a rip-off. Only one decent figure (Ventress) in the whole thing, another that can be found anywhere (Grievous) and a bunch of downright CRAPPY ones. Not to mention the continuity errors already mentioned.

Reaction score
IrishJedi said:
I literally laughed out loud when I saw this set at Wal-Mart over the weekend. What a rip-off. Only one decent figure (Ventress) in the whole thing, another that can be found anywhere (Grievous) and a bunch of downright CRAPPY ones. Not to mention the continuity errors already mentioned.
....I'd like to know how you can say that a sneak preview Grievous can be found anywhere? I haven't seen on in months!

Reaction score
IrishJedi said:
The only figure that is crappy is the Yoda but you can use it for trade.

Reaction score
I have seen the J V S figs being sold loose and individually on ebay for $10+, which I find to be ridiculous.

Reaction score
IrishJedi said:
Um...what "continuity errors", other than the misnaming of "stromtrooper armor" on the box, which isn't a big deal at all, especially since it's ON THE BOX, not actually part of the toys themselves.

Reaction score
DarthPlagueis said:
....I'd like to know how you can say that a sneak preview Grievous can be found anywhere? I haven't seen on in months!
Depends on where you live I guess. Here in San Diego, there are several stores with pegs still full of the Sneak Preview wave (minus R4-G9).

Reaction score
mrmforceX said:
DarthPlagueis said:
Depends on where you live I guess. Here in San Diego, there are several stores with pegs still full of the Sneak Preview wave (minus R4-G9).
Drop by a local Walgreens if you're willing to shell out $8 for them.

Reaction score
indysolo007 said:
I really like this set. When I picked it up last month, I was doing it reluctantly. Now It's grown on me. The Anakin is pretty possible for a new figure, the Obi Wan I think looks good in the armor, and that assaj is really well done.

If only they threw a different Yoda and a Durge it would have been perfect.

This will be one of 3 Battlepacks I'll be getting. I wish the Temple Raid and Target set was out too.

Yeah, but Hasbro has al these sets screwed up as ususal. Greivous is not a Sith, but a Seperatist and neither is Asajj, although she wanted to be one.

In the Jedi vs Seperatists pack they put Darth Maul in...why would he not be in the Jedi v Sith pack..he was not actually a "Seperatist" but a Sith working for the Emperor, who sent him on a mission to find Amidala when the Seperatits screwed up and let her go. Should have switched Maul and Grevious at least. Actually Dooku had more dealings with the Seperatists than Darth Maul ever did. Jango Fett was not technically a Seperatist eaither, but I'll let them squeak by on that--its a stretch but ok.

In Rebel v Empire pack, we have had all these figures repacked 20 million times. I won't buy it.

I guess Hasbro will never get their act together.

If they are not going to do these things right, then I would rather see them put together sets called, "Episode 5 repacks" and "Episode 3 repaints" and "Figures you already own" and "Figures Randomly Selected". Make them at least be honest about their incompetence and lack of interest in what we collect.

Jedi Quist

Reaction score
Meanwhile Yoda and Obi wan are awful, Assajj and Anakin are very cool!

Grievous is nice although it's a repack.

Love Assajj Ventress

Reaction score
Okay, hate to revive such an old thread, but I just had to say something. Obi-Wan, Ventress, Yoda, and Grievous have all recieved decent upgrades (Obi-Wan in TLC, Ventress in a Comic Pack, Yoda and Grievous in TVC), while there has never been an upgraded battle-damaged Anakin.

Now, this is by far the least on my wants of EU (the only things coming behind that being a few really stupid ones, like Clone Vader (here's looking at you, FDOIRex)), but I would like it upgraded some day. I always wanted the animated version of the battle damaged Anakin, but there was always something more important on my list. Same with this pack. I'd gladly take an upgrade of this Anakin, but only after choice EU figures (Zayne Carrick, Anakin Solo, Ben Skywalker).

Reaction score
Okay, hate to revive such an old thread, but I just had to say something. Obi-Wan, Ventress, Yoda, and Grievous have all recieved decent upgrades (Obi-Wan in TLC, Ventress in a Comic Pack, Yoda and Grievous in TVC), while there has never been an upgraded battle-damaged Anakin.

Now, this is by far the least on my wants of EU (the only things coming behind that being a few really stupid ones, like Clone Vader (here's looking at you, FDOIRex)), but I would like it upgraded some day. I always wanted the animated version of the battle damaged Anakin, but there was always something more important on my list. Same with this pack. I'd gladly take an upgrade of this Anakin, but only after choice EU figures (Zayne Carrick, Anakin Solo, Ben Skywalker).
Damn you for bringing that up...

Anyways, I suggest posting this in the 'Dear Hasblo' section, purely because no one reads the ROTS section anymore