Jedi vs. Sith Battle Pack

Reaction score
I've decided to pass on it keeping my Asajj from the Clone Wars (happy enough with her) and passing on Grievous and Yoda, no interest in the Anakin. Another example of why being a non-completist collector is so nice, I can pass on what I do not want (which lately is about 50% of what ReHashbro is putting out).

Reaction score
I have this set and after seeing the images of the other ones, this is definately better than the the others. I will save lots of money on these battlepack seeing that this is the only one I am going to have bought. The Assaj is a major improvement, Anakin looks cool with his robotic hand, and the Obi Wan is completely new. Also, you get pieces to help you make an excellent custom of Clone armor Obi-Wan.

GNT

Reaction score
I picked up this set today, IMO if it wasn't for Asajj which is fantastic and Anakin (not perfect) but looks alright I would've just left it on the shelves.

Grevious,Obi-wan and Yoda just plain suck

Reaction score
The_Black_Dog said:
I've decided to pass on it keeping my Asajj from the Clone Wars (happy enough with her) and passing on Grievous and Yoda, no interest in the Anakin. Another example of why being a non-completist collector is so nice, I can pass on what I do not want (which lately is about 50% of what ReHashbro is putting out).
Great point Black Dog. About 3 years back, I gave up on collecting as a completist. During 2003 & 2004 I had to walk away from collecting altogether(for personal reasons), and when I started up again earlier this year I thought it was gonna be a b!tch for me to catch up. Fortunately for me, about 75% of the carded figures, vehicles, & all the multipacks over the last 2 years were all repacks, so it was extremely easy to catch up. I re-started collecting about April-ish and I am already about 90% caught up with nearly 2 1/2 years worth of stuff.

Back to the actual topic though: I found this set yesterday at a K-Mart(Sunday-Anakin Evolution & Monday-this, both a K-Mart
, go figure). Since I did not pick up the Sneak Preview Grevious, this set is pretty good for me. The Assaj and Anakin are very nice(I also do not have the CW Assaj, is this the same??), and Master Yoda ends up actually being the only repack for me in this set. Even if this were not the case however, the Obi-Wan would have certainly been enough for me to buy this. This is one figure I've been waiting for since the night I saw the 3 minute Clone Wars episode on Cartoon Network.

The next 2 BattlePacks(Jedi/Seperatists & Rebels/Empire) are definite passes for me however. Probably will pass on the Hoth one also, and the Temple Assault is dependent on how many 501st Clones I pick up before then. Hopefully I'll be able to skip all of these. Man, how good it feels to not be stuck in the silly completist game any longer!

Reaction score
Maynard - I believe the Assaj included in this Battlepack is completely new. This one is based off her appearance in the animated series, while the first version (CW line) was based off of comic images I believe.

Check out the RS Photo Archives for pics of the CW Assaj, which was also a great figure.

Reaction score
Saw this at K-Mart today and passed on it.The only figure in the set that I like is the Obi-Wan with clone armor.As much as I want that figure I couldn't bring myself to pay 21.99 for 1 figure I want and 4 rehashes that I already have.

Reaction score
yoda77 said:
As much as I want that figure I couldn't bring myself to pay 21.99 for 1 figure I want and 4 rehashes that I already have.
Except that you don't already have that Anakin and that Asajj Ventress. Asajj is a new sculpt and that Anakin has never been offered before.

Reaction score
I got this set yesterday and I have to say I like it. Ventress looks great and I love Obi-Wan. The Anakin I got has a weird paint op that makes it look like he's wearing brown lipstick, but otherwise, it's a good figure. I got the impression that some retooling was done to Grievous legs because of the way he was displayed. I was hoping to display him clinging to the side of a shelf. Anyone else going to try this?

Reaction score
Jedieb said:
I got the impression that some retooling was done to Grievous legs because of the way he was displayed. I was hoping to display him clinging to the side of a shelf. Anyone else going to try this?
There is no difference in the Grievous figure. He's the same as the Sneak Preview version. I haven't tried displaying him clinging to anything, but I like the idea. Post pics if you set him up that way.

Reaction score
Darth_Rayne said:
yoda77 said:
As much as I want that figure I couldn't bring myself to pay 21.99 for 1 figure I want and 4 rehashes that I already have.
Except that you don't already have that Anakin and that Asajj Ventress. Asajj is a new sculpt and that Anakin has never been offered before.
I know but I am happy with my regular Clone Wars Asajj and last thing I need is another Anakin(unless he is super-articulated).But I sure do want that Obi-Wan,I'll be keeping an eye on these.

Reaction score
Darth_Rayne said:
Jedieb said:
I got the impression that some retooling was done to Grievous legs because of the way he was displayed. I was hoping to display him clinging to the side of a shelf. Anyone else going to try this?
There is no difference in the Grievous figure. He's the same as the Sneak Preview version. I haven't tried displaying him clinging to anything, but I like the idea. Post pics if you set him up that way.
I just got him up tonight. I like how it came out. All I did was take a screw, saw off the head, and then screw it into the side of the shelf. Then I put Grievous' right foot onto the screw and the deed was done.

Reaction score
I never would have thought of it if I hadn't seen him displayed that way in the packaging. At least now this sets him apart from the Preview release.

Reaction score
It also deals with his cloak being a little too long when you display him standing. I may have to ty this. What size screw did you use?

Reaction score
It was just an extra screw I had lying around in the garage. Something that you might find in the back of battery case or something like that. It was about 1/4" long. I screwed it into the side of a workbench and then used a hack saw to cut the head off. Since the head was off I had to drill a guide hole and then use a pair of pliers to screw it in. It's not that difficult, just takes awhile. Just to make sure you have the right size screw you should try to fit one into the bottom of a figure. Once you get one that has a tight fit you know you've got one you can hack off and use. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
This pack looks awful. I will get the obi wan loose some day but Hasbro can take these rehashes and shove it.

Reaction score
blight said:
This pack looks awful. I will get the obi wan loose some day but Hasbro can take these rehashes and shove it.
....as far as rehashes go, this set doesn't have that many. New sculpt for Asaaj, Anakin, and Obi. Only the Yoda and Grievous are rehashes, but they're pretty awesome characters so they're excused

Reaction score
Jedieb said:
It was just an extra screw I had lying around in the garage. Something that you might find in the back of battery case or something like that. It was about 1/4" long. I screwed it into the side of a workbench and then used a hack saw to cut the head off. Since the head was off I had to drill a guide hole and then use a pair of pliers to screw it in. It's not that difficult, just takes awhile. Just to make sure you have the right size screw you should try to fit one into the bottom of a figure. Once you get one that has a tight fit you know you've got one you can hack off and use. Hope this helps.
I think Grievous looks great like that. I keep seeing these cool loose displays, and it makes me wonder if I should keep my stuff MOMC. That's really cool...

Wouldn't it be easier to screw the screw in partially to the shelf and then take a dremel tool to hack the head off of it?

Reaction score
That'll work. I just didn't want to risk damaging the shelf. Plus, my dremel sucks. I'm probably going to buy a new one soon. With a good dremel you could use a longer screw and then make sure you get just the right length. I may use another screw for the second foot just to make sure he stays put.

Reaction score
I posted the other day that I purchased this set mostly because of the Obi-Wan. I am going to take that back now after opening it. I made that statement before actually getting to that specific figure. I had opened 3 others(which I will admit are great), but not him yet. After getting him out and snapping on all the armor, cape etc, I have to say he looks rather awkward. The chestplate painted into the cape does not look good at all, and he is very limited once he has the armor on. Matter of fact, you have to keep his forearm armor facing the floor in order for his arms to look normal. And the shoulder plates disallow for any shoulder movement.

The Asajj is really nice, the Grievous I didn't have to begin with, and the Anakin is actually a very cool figure. He has decent articulation, nice sculpt, I like it. It's definitely something new. And for the folks harping on "rehashes"- compared to the other Battlepacks, this one is pretty good actually. 3 out of 5, not too too bad, I guess, but I understand those who choose to pass.

And oh yeah, besides the armor, the Obi-Wan in this pack is a new figure I believe. It's the first Ob-Wan I've seen with a ball-jointed neck, anyway.

The Obi-Wan armor situation takes a little away from my initial excitement, but still a good pack overall. The only Battlepack I'll probably be getting.

Reaction score
I like this set, but I don't open so the actual figures only have to look good in the pack. If I wanted good loose figures I would have stopped buying Star Wars years ago.

Reaction score
Well you would have lost on all the new and cool stuff, at least if you dont open you can find out here about the figs you aint opened.
About these battle packs i have not seen any at all over here in the uk, they look cool though all the same.
My first would have to be the commander bly set followed by the silver vader set.
Has any one any pics on the bly out of box and does the silver vader look a bit like the last sculpt.

Reaction score
What stores have you guys been finding this set at? I don't even see shelf tags for them at my Big K, Target, TRU, or WM.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how the nice the new sculpts are? I'm really interested to see how articulate they are.

Reaction score
JediJman said:
What stores have you guys been finding this set at? I don't even see shelf tags for them at my Big K, Target, TRU, or WM.
I've seen them locally at K-Mart and Target.

Reaction score
I saw one left at my local Target today. I wasn't very impressed by it. The box was in terrible condition, and it was 24.99. I want some cool jedi robes on my jedi thank you very much. Thats why ObiWan 55 looks awesome! I already have all the Anakins, ObiWans (except red pilot), and Grievous from the ROTS 3.75 actions figures.

The Yoda, Anakin, Obi-Wan looked average at best in jedi vs sith.

I'm more interested in the Evolution series of toys and Obi-Wan 55. I hope i dont get the "completeist syndrome" going.

Reaction score
I picked this up today and now I'm kind of regretting it. The Asaj is a nice mold and the grievous looks cool the way he is posed, might have to do the screw in the wall thing. Obi-Wan is just a huge let down though. I've done some work on converting a AT-TE gunner into Clone General Obi-Wan, but the neck is bit too long. Perhaps i'll cut off some neck and reglue it so it doesnt look like Obi-Wan is a giraffe.

The Anakin is somewhat disapointing only in the regard that his hair is molded to look like it's dry. I was hoping for a matted down wet look, as was seen in the clone wars cartoon.

GNT

Reaction score
CloneRecruit said:
I was thinking of preordering this through amazon.com.
Are these figures posable or statues?

I really want a good Assaj ventress but wont buy it if only her arms move heh.

I hope they are not like those 2 figure battle arenas that are hardly posable at all.

Reaction score
These were found yesterday at a local Walmart and I am SO glad that I had already decided to pass on this set. I think the Anakin's body is pretty cool, but his face! Man, the face! He looks like he is ready for the Miss America Pagent! Asajj I really liked the sculpt, except for the small fact that the tatoos on the side of her head are missing (sorry, I like them!) but her eyes are cool! I totally dislike how the Obi Wan looks just sitting in the box. Grevious' pose looks cool, and I like the picture earlier in the thread with the extra screw to mount him on the side of the wall or bookshelf. Yoda is plain ugly. I kept my $22 and will spend it on other items as they come out. As a collector this set just did not live up to my expectations.
The positive is that my son would love to have it for what it is, a playset.

Reaction score
Found this today and I must say not worth $25!!! I sat in the isle and must have picked it up and put it down like 5 times debating on if I should buy it or not. Being the completist I broke down and purchased it anyway, definitely not one of my favorites.

Reaction score
KRONANG_DUNN said:
For me, the only decent reasons for picking this one up would be Obi & Asajj...
Same here. And for the girly Anakin, of course.

Reaction score
Habs98 said:
Found this today and I must say not worth $25!!! I sat in the isle and must have picked it up and put it down like 5 times debating on if I should buy it or not. Being the completist I broke down and purchased it anyway, definitely not one of my favorites.
FYI: I found this at Sears Essentials/K-Mart for $21.99 then a Wal-Mart for $19.97...needless to say I took my original purchase back to Target. Save your reciept and check out Wal-Mart if you have got one near you...