Jedi vs. Sith Battle Pack

Reaction score
I noticed that this pack doesn't have a thread yet.

is anybody else excited about the new sculpt Asajj Ventress?

Reaction score
I do! Ieven want the snap on clone armor though they could have done it better I still want it.

Reaction score
Yeah, it is. If you can, take a close look at the CIII pics - her skin is much whiter, there are dark circles around her eyes, her fac elooks more asian than black, and she's wearing the skirt from the clone wars cartoon.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I was excited about this set, but after seeing the pics, not so excited anymore.

I think Anakin looks like a girl.

Reaction score
Of course, you have to wonder what General Grievous is doing among the Sith lords.

Reaction score
I think it was officially corrected that Grievous will be in the Seperatists Battle Pack. Though, the packaged sample did show Grievous in that one set.

Reaction score
Clearly this set was designed to be a realistic version of the characters highlited in the Clonewars cartoon including Clone armor for Obi-Wan. This is the most Mis-Named pack I've ever seen as there are NO SITH anywhere in that pack.

-Ray

Reaction score
I may get this. May. If I do, it'll only be because I missed out on Clone Wars Asajj Ventress, and I've wanted an Obi-Wan with Clonetrooper armor since the cartoon first aired. Other than that...meh. Anakin doesn't look to good, and that looks like the Preview Grievous...which I have. And deluxe. And Quad-Attack. The last thing I need is another Grievous.

Reaction score
This pack confuses me. The basic Clone War figures were awsome for the most part. Well detailed. The animated ones were awsome depictions of the animated characters. These seem to be a hybred. Dosn't really work for me.

Reaction score
Doesn't matter, I just saw the picture of Obi-Wan with the attached armor. The probably only version of Obi-Wan with Clonetrooper armor, a great design and a great concept, and it looks like it has no effort at all put into it. Very disappointing.

Now if I get this, it'll be for Asajj alone. Unless I decide to go for the original Clone Wars Asajj. Whichever one is more faithful to her look in the comics and cartoon.

Reaction score
I will be getting the pack for the Asajj and the Grievous (I missed out on the Preview Grievous).

GNT

Reaction score
SheroBakai said:
So they replaced Durge with Greivous....Cuz we need another one...But does anyone know if Anakin and Obi Wan are SA??? It looks like they are but in another pic...It looks like Obi has an action feature
I hope not...But Im just curious...And hopefully the "stormtrooper" armor looks better than the firts promo pics we saw...
Hasbro has updated today with several boxed images front and back, please check them out here.

Anyone buying it?

Reaction score
I'm getting it mostly for the Obi-Wan and the snap on armor. I really wish this was mor clones wars with a clone and a battle droid instead of Yoda and Grievous.

By the way, do Obi-Wan and Anakin have action features? I
noticed that their lightsabers/arms seem to be able to move like an action feature. It also says with battle action. That sounds a lot like action features.

Also, I just noticed that he has the lance from the CW series. That's a cool touch.

Reaction score
I'm ready for this multi-pack to hit. The Asajj appears to be more 'toon accurate and the sleeveless battle-damaged Anakin is unique. Also the armor for Obi-Wan is a must-have!! Yoda and Grievous seem to be repacks and therefore will be banished to Ebay fodder.

Reaction score
I'm buying it. Only have the Grievous from it. And I can do with more of him.

Reaction score
Hasbro's just trying to get more mileage outta some of their figures. Look at the Rebels vs. Empire pack! I don't think ANYTHING in there is new, or even VOTC which would be preferable.

Looks like each pack has some action-feature figures... Anakin & Obi-Wan, everyone in the Separatists pack except maybe Darth Maul, and Vader, Han & Luke in rebels/empire. Maybe Chewie, if he's the ROTS one.

GNT

Reaction score
I'd only get this set for the Anakin figure, Assajj looks ok and Obi-Wan looks abit thin.

Anyone notice it says "Includes Stormtrooper Armor" above the picture in the bottom right corner

Reaction score
Seraphim said:
I will be getting the pack for the Asajj and the Grievous (I missed out on the Preview Grievous).
If I were you, I'd try to find the original preview Grevious - the plastic used to create the one in this set is VERY soft and flimsy.

Reaction score
Just read in the European section that Obi-Wan and Anakin have action features in this set. Why Hasbro? Hopefully the Clone Wars or Outlander Bar Obi-Wan can wear the armor.

GNT

Reaction score
LegendKiller said:
You'll have to excuse the quality of these pics for now, my camera's completely acting up so I'll get a new battery and take better ones tomorrow. But for now...

(Yoda with Holo Yoda
)

All the rest of the pics I took were even worse so that's all at the moment. Onto the details...

General Grievous is exactly the same as the Sneak Preview version. No big deal, it's a great figure and you can never have too much Grievous.

Yoda is a repack of the Saga 'Yoda & Chian' basic figure. Five toes included.

Asajj Ventress looks a lot more like the cartoon version than the basic Clone Wars figure did. She's got ball jointed shoulders and neck, swivel waist and slit-cut elbows. It's hard to move her legs through her skirt but she stands with no trouble. And her lightsabers still connect!

Anakin Skywalker is a bit of a letdown. The likeness is off and he was pretty difficult to stand. He's got ball-jointed shoulders, neck and left elbow, swivel waist and right robotic arm, ball jointed knees and articulated left hip. I know this because I tried to move his right leg and it snapped off. WARNING: his right leg does NOT move, other than when squeezed for the lame action feature. Don't make my mistake and snap the piece of turd off!!

Obi-Wan with the Clone (sorry.... 'Stormtrooper'
) armor is a lot better than I thought. He's got the same immovable action featured-right leg (I'd learned my lesson from Anakin), swivel waist, articulated left leg and knee, ball jointed neck and shoulders, and slit-cut elbows. The armor when on looks a bit different than it did on the cartoon but it doesn't look overly bulky or stupid like I thought it would. Overall, he's probably my favorite of the new figures.

The set's good for what it's worth. If you didn't watch or enjoy the Clone Wars cartoon series then it's not recommended but if you want decent representations of major characters from it, it's a good buy.
nagauthier said:
Where'd you get it?
CHEWIE said:
Excellent review. Sorry about your Anakin. That really sucks. I hope you can fix it.

LegendKiller said:
I got it in the UK (Forbidden Planet) so I don't think it's widely available just yet. I just thought I'd post this for everyone who was looking to buy it at some point.

Arrghh stupid Anakin. I'm gonna try and glue his leg back on or something... makes me hate action features that much more, lol.
DanakTe said:
That's a pretty keen set... especially the armored Obi. Sucks about your Anakin. I'll second your vote on action features. Just gimmie some SA figs and I'll be happy.

Reaction score
Looks like crapolla to me. I have the Grevious already, Obi-Wan looks like Obi from the AOTC line, and the Yoda is rehash...That "Anakin" may be the WORST likeness I ever saw from the Hasbro line....Brutal. Unless this is priced right (under $20) I'm not getting it.

Reaction score
Amazon has them listed at $19.99. Not bad for 5 figures, but I see these ending up on clearance like the Jedi Council scenes. 2 new figures, 1 sucks, the other an EU character that already had a decent figure. 3 repacks and some snap on armor. I'd pay $12 tops.

Reaction score
QbinB said:
I was excited about this set, but after seeing the pics, not so excited anymore. I think Anakin looks like a girl.
Man-oh-man, but that Anakin figure looks like it's ready to join the cast of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert! The Asajj figure is pretty cool looking, though. Considering the craptacular quality associated with the ROTS Deluxe line, though, I'm not holding out much hope for this set. Based on the review posted above, the flismy, soft plastic will make attempts at even posing these things -- let alone having children actually play with them -- nearly impossible!

Reaction score
I picked up this set last night at my local K-Mart and it's on par with the other better gift packs we saw over the last few years like Imperial Forces and Battle of Naboo. Grievous and Yoda are indeed just straight repacks but Assaj is a big improvement over the last figure with a more 'toon-accurate deco. Unfortunately it appears that her lightsaber blades do not separate from the hilts, which I see as a step back from the Clone Wars version. Anakin is all new and I really like them both. Obi-Wan might have some retooled parts to him but with the armor on he makes a fine addition to my Clone Wars dioramas.

Reaction score
Picked up the Jedi vs. Sith Battle Pack today. Wow! Talk about SWEET! 5 figures for $20 is a great deal. And the snap-on clone armor for Obi-Wan is way cool!

BTW, on the back it had 2 other battle Packs listed: Jedi vs. Separatists (with Mace Windu, Anakin Skywalker, Darth Maul, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Jango Fett) and Rebels vs. Empire (with Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Han Solo). These look GREAT!

Reaction score
Does Obi with the snap on armor retain what limited Articulation he's bound to have or does he sacrifice it for his costume?

Reaction score
The only articulation that is limited by Obi-Wan's armor is at the shoulder. When I lift his arms up his shoulder plates want to pop off.