Jedi Temple Guard - SL17

Reaction score
They REALLY need to re-release this now...
Based on the look of the Temple Guards in last night's episode? I think a new version of the Temple Guards from Kanan's vision would be more welcome. Funny thing is, I think their uniforms were different because Dave Filoni has a hard time budgeting the animation for flowing robes. And in his words, Vader eats up his fabric/cloak budget.

Reaction score
As I was thinking over converting my extra Grand Inquisitor into his "sentinel" outfit I noticed that the new temple guard design is a LOT like the original Inquisitor design, with new colors and accents and the addition of the mask of course. Looking forward to doing this one even if Hasbro does release this new version (hope they do)

Reaction score
wanted this figure when it first came out. Couldn't find it at retail. just like most figures release in the past 5 years. After watching rebels i really want one. Never paying $40 though.

Reaction score
wanted this figure when it first came out. Couldn't find it at retail. just like most figures release in the past 5 years. After watching rebels i really want one. Never paying $40 though.
Yeah, I paid $12 ,reluctantly, last April, as I was getting worried because I'd never seen one in store... I'd pay that again now for second one. LOL!

Reaction score
I'd rather seeing an all new version of the guards instead of a straight repack. I was lucky to snag 4 of these guys back when they first hit retail.

Reaction score
I am going to bite the bullet and pick it up for $40+. I didn't realize they released this figure. It is similar to what I have my Guardian wearing in KOTOR.

Reaction score
I think it would be a good idea to repack this figure in the 2-pack line with a newly sculpted Grand Inquisitor in Temple Guard attire with removable mask.

Reaction score
I think it would be a good idea to repack this figure in the 2-pack line with a newly sculpted Grand Inquisitor in Temple Guard attire with removable mask.
I could see Hasbro handling this in one of two ways: (1) the 2-pack suggested by darth_sidious above; or (2) an "evolutions" 2-pack featuring a newly sculpted Grand Inquisitor in Temple Guard attire plus a repack of the generic Grand Inquisitor figure.

I'm a Hasbro pessimist. I'm betting they'll go Option No. 2 above, plus they'll re-release the Jedi Temple Guard as a single figure.

Reaction score
TBH, i really hope they go SA with the non robed version. Having the robed figure 5POA works fine, considering. But if they don't use this chance to go with moar articulation, I'll seriously have some issues.
Heck, put it in a Battle Pack with two of the SL Guards. I'd pay $20 for that!

Reaction score
work has begun on a custom inquisitor Temple Guard. hoping he turns out cool. also started my Imperial Speeder Bike the other night and the yellow TIE fighter as well. I'm still researching images of Sabine's "Art" TIE

Reaction score
These have been out for over a year now and are no longer in production/shipping. Your best bet now is the secondary market.
Yep, if you don't mind paying $40 for a 5POA figure...
Agree with Masterfett. No way am I paying after-market prices for this figure - it's not worth it. I would have happily bought 2-3 @ retail if I could have found the figure, but that's it. At this point, my only hope will be if the figures are re-released in either the Rebels toy line or in TBS.

Reaction score
I thought it was nice that a "version" of this Jedi Temple Guard (without the cape) showed up in one of the latest Rebels episodes - very cool. This made me want the figure even more.

Reaction score
Welcome to the club, of 98% never getting what you want! lol With a current running show, you'd think they would get a little more love than what currently is going on. I get that they were focused on TFA during that window, and now it probably is Rogue One. But surely they could devote some more resources to Rebels, the way they did for TCW early on? This line pales in comparison to TCW offerings!

True I'm one of the lines staunchest critics due to being so skinny, and less than stellar POA. But I also admit when they do good job on figure, namely the JTG! As well as few others. But if "I" can recognize the lack of acknowledgement in this line, I feel for teh people who really love it and want more.

The one good thing about the non robe version, is that it could be much easier to customize. As you can use almost any parts. The real trick is painting the details on the armor!

Reaction score
Snagged one of these in a big lot with Agent Kallus (who I was also missing) and 9 other figures (including some new TFA) on eBay for just under $100. Considering what those particular two figures are going for by themselves, I couldn't pass it up. Already sold some of the others to recoup my costs. By the time it's done, I'll have basically picked them up for about a tenner each and that's something I can live with.

Reaction score
can anyone explain why this specific figure is going for 100 dollars? I have never seen another modern figure go for so much

Reaction score
can anyone explain why this specific figure is going for 100 dollars? I have never seen another modern figure go for so much
Because there’s nothing else like it???

And the rebels line was very hard to find as well, so think of Jaina and jacen solo from the legacy collection tru exclusive wave. I’m so bummed I missed those

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Seeing how TCW is set to be finished (next year?), I really hope they will either re-release this figure, or give him the super articulation treatment.

Reaction score
I wonder who has the most Jedi Temple Guards? I think my group of 8 guards is one of the highlights of my collection. :grin: I was very excited when this figure was released in 2015. Wanted it ever since they appeared during the Ahsoka arc.

Reaction score
The JTG is easily one of, if not the best figure to come out of the Rebels / Legends line when it hit the market. I limited myself to two of them - 8 is a bit much, haha. You might run into some angry collectors declaring you have that many, considering some weren't able to find it. This is a perfect candidate for repack / repaint in the basic line. They could also retool it and make a Grand Inquisitor version. I think this was one of the best designs to come out of the series, its hard to believe it had such a brief presence at retail.

Reaction score
I just have two. Would have gotten more with better articulation. A rerelease with bending knees, elbows and swivel wrists would be amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Never saw this JTG at retail. Hope it gets re-released in some fashion down the road, since I refuse to pay expensive after-market price(s) for this.

Reaction score
I'd honestly love both a repack and an SA counterpart! The 5PA figure is great for all those standing guard poses, but I need a few that can do battle poses. lol

Reaction score
This figure was expensive. I did get one. My question is why doesn't this have rebels on it like the rest. I understand only characters from the show have rebels on the package, but this character was on the show.

Reaction score
This design is specifically from CW, not Rebels, that's the reason. Were it the Rebels version, the sculpt would have also been in the animated style, like the rest of the figures. Certainly a missed opportunity on the part of Hasbro, they could have done multiple versions.

Reaction score
No thread yet, but package reveal for SW Resistance. Very reminiscent of TAC.

Reaction score
For Hasbro liking repacks, they sure don't seem to understand demand for certain ones...

Reaction score
Well Rebels used a different costume for these guards, it would not of been identical to those on TCW anyway.

Reaction score
I wonder who has the most Jedi Temple Guards? I think my group of 8 guards is one of the highlights of my collection. :grin: I was very excited when this figure was released in 2015. Wanted it ever since they appeared during the Ahsoka arc.
Congrats! There aren’t many collectors anywhere in the world that have eight of these. That’s a legendary number for this particular piece!

Reaction score
looks like the chance of getting a repack is gonna be zero now, if 5POA really is ending.

I just don't get it, they like doing repacks yet....
I bet they could do a multipack with 3, and add some random figure and people would still buy it!

Or maybe we should just convince Hasbro to make an SA version.