Jedi Temple Guard - SL17

Reaction score
I saw two more at TRU earlier this week, but now the prices are $2 higher. Not paying $8 for 5POA.

Reaction score
I ve got two of these and I hate 5 POA it's robot like figure poses just look awful. That being said this is a really nice, if they shoved some elbow joints and wrist movement and hid the joints for the legs up to the hips it would probably be perfect!
This ends 5 POA purchases for me though, it is my belief these won't see a SA release hence why I ve brought them.

Reaction score
I snagged this fellow at a TRU north of Chicago - as someone else posted, the price has gone up to $8 there. It's a very nice 5 POA figure, but man-o-man would swivel wrist joints have improved the offering. It makes me appreciate another poster's suggestion that non-Rebels figures in this line only be re-makes of characters that have super-articulated versions.

On the other hand, I'm glad that this character has been immortalized in plastic.

Reaction score
score 1 on ebay yesterday, pricier then i'd have liked to have paid, but i suppose the extra $ it cost is the gas/time i'd have spent looking for him at brick/mortar. i'd like to get 4 of him total, but at anything more then $6 for a 5 POA i'll stick to my 1 for now.

Reaction score
I've got 1 extra (still carded) that I paid slightly more than cost for, if anyone needs...

Reaction score
I was able to order two of these s.e.x.y. figures from Hasbro Toy Shop right before they were out of stock.

The actual figure differs from the first loose photos released in one way: the angle of the wrists. He can't hold his saber at a straight up-and-down angle. Were these guys SA with soft goods, there's no way I would have limited myself to just 2.

Reaction score
Star Wars Saga Legends Jedi Temple Guard

I just got mine yesterday. I don't know anything about him, because I'm only in Season 3 of The Clone Wars on Netflix...or I haven't been paying attention.

Reaction score
I saw this one for the first time yesterday in a store. Too bad its 5POA. I've passed up a lot of these 5POA figures lately that I would have bought if they were SA.

Reaction score
Yep, they sure did a bang-up job o that... :whistling:

Thanks to a fellow forum member I have two of these guys. At first I wanted a few, that way i could possibly modify one or two to quasi SA. But after having it in hand, it doesn't look like I'll be able to.

Reaction score
Sure, these are 5 POA - but also remember they're much less than TBS figures. Since TBS are about $13 retail, the $6 retail for the Rebels figures make them much more attractive from a financial standpoint. I.e., if this JTG figure came out in the TBS line for $13 each, I don't think I would get more than one. However, @ $6 each, I'd get 3-4 - if I could find that many.

Going along with this, it's a moot point since I haven't been able to find the JTG @ retail & don't want to order this online. However, what I'm saying is that if I were able to find it @ retail it would be a good price...

Reaction score
I don't army build, but I did buy two of these, because it's a cool character, and sports a great sculpt. Had this been a $13 TBS figure, I would have only bought one. That being said, I like this figure so much that were a SA version released, I'd buy it too.

Reaction score
Yeah, I like the look of the character and the figure. But for $9.99 + S&H? No.... Regardless of how much i like this figure, he's only worth the $6 retail price!

Reaction score
Finally found this guy at Stop & Shop of all places. Great figure IMO

Reaction score
So, now I got two of these too, but the way I had to get them is just shameful.

At first I tried from home.
They are not available in Germany, neither through the local TRU, nor through collectors' online shops.
The US Amazon does not send them to Germany. Exceptions are only sellers who charge ridiculous prices (39.99$ plus postage? Are you CRAZY?)
The German Amazon lists them as unavailable.
They can be had on ebay but only with mad postage added.

Then I happened to be on business travel to the US.
In three malls, there was a total of three toy stores, one of them Lego (which has plenty of Star Wars product, but that's what I can get at home too). The next one was Disney, who had some Rebels figures but no JTG or other Hasbro stuff. The final store was a small toy shop of the mom&pop variety which had ancient figures sold as "Vintage" for overblown prices, but only very little semi-new material.
I visited a Walmart, but it turned out to be groceries only.
We cruised tourist shopping areas but they only have T-shirts with bad slogans and wannabe surfer stuff. No toys at all.
A colleague searched for TRUs in the vicinity, or other toy stores, but there simply weren't any.
I didn't have time to check out TRUs in the wider area, so I ended up with...

...a colleague in my conference group ordering them from Amazon (for still ridiculous prices, there seem to be none below 16$ by ANY seller, but at least I didn't have to pay transoceanic postage, and the seller DID deliver) to his home address and brought them to me in the next meeting.

So, there are not many toy retailers around, or maybe they are well hidden, toys are not commonly around to buy at all, and when you find Hasbro stuff, it's not exactly a big selection. Maybe it's just one personal experience and yes, I was in a hurry, but it did look bleak compared with visits to the US I made ten years ago.

And the next person who clamors how great it is to see 5POA for 6.99$ will be kicked from here to Timbuktu.

Reaction score
At first, i wasn't sure if i wanted to know how you acquired them. Since the word "shameful" was in bold type. :grin:

It's very sad that someone has to jump through those types of hoops, just to buy a company's product. Yet we're the one's, who are supposed feel lucky. That they make this stuff at all?

Reaction score
So, now I got two of these too, but the way I had to get them is just shameful.

At first I tried from home.
They are not available in Germany, neither through the local TRU, nor through collectors' online shops.
The US Amazon does not send them to Germany. Exceptions are only sellers who charge ridiculous prices (39.99$ plus postage? Are you CRAZY?)
The German Amazon lists them as unavailable.
They can be had on ebay but only with mad postage added.
I'm in the UK, had exactly the same problems. What at first looks like a reasonable deal due to the money exchange rate then goes nuts as soon as they add postage. And that's IF you can find a seller who delivers abroad anyway. Trick is to go through all the sellers and see who adds the least postage at a figure price you're willing to pay for, which means going to buy the thing and taking it out of your cart at the very last minute.

So to any Amazon sellers who happen to be happening by, don't stiff us on the postage and you'll get a lot more custom from overseas. As sometimes the US has stuff that we have trouble getting over here.

GNT

Reaction score
Maybe it's best to pre-order the wave or figure when they go up on websites. I've had no problems buying any figures from online retailers. If your worried about shipping have a look at BBTS, you can put items in a lot for 3 months or so and then have it all shipped in one go.

Reaction score
Maybe it's best to pre-order the wave or figure when they go up on websites. I've had no problems buying any figures from online retailers. If your worried about shipping have a look at BBTS, you can put items in a lot for 3 months or so and then have it all shipped in one go.
That is easier said and done, at least hereabouts. For TBS, I have ordered most of the full cases or sets (because the figures I really wanted to have were not offered as singles) from my "preferred" dealer (read: least sucky). This has given me some duplicates of figures I really don't need twice, and I didn't get those figures I really DID want duplicates of except for some lucky finds. And that's TBS, where I really still buy all the figures.

In The Clone Wars series, I looked only for a few characters since the cartoony style doesn't fit with my displays in most cases. Obviously buying whole cases was not an option here, and that was all that was offered for years now. (Not to speak of the huge numbers of carry-forwards in these cases!) For these characters I had to hunt long and hard (Seripas gave me headaches). Some singles I bought in Asia, some I got through eBay, some I found on Amazon, but it gets harder and more expensive.

Some exclusive sets never made it to Germany (Geonosis Jedi e.g.), and I am lucky to have a friend in the US who got these sets for me. Some were so elusive and victims of diminishing returns for repaints and repacks that I simply didn't bother (never got the window cleaner droid that was part of the Disney pack, or the retooled pilot droid).

Over the course of the last 5 years, the situation got increasingly worse. "That" Asian supplier obviously being cut off from the factories. The German online seller selling only whole cases. Another online seller closing shop (while still owing me 9 figures btw!). More and more Amazon.com sellers no longer shipping to Germany at all (Amazon itself doesn't have that issue but not everything runs through Amazon directly). And so on. Keeping current would involve multiple sources with adding postage, scalper prices to start with, and customs hassle.

All of this is driving my decision perhaps not to collect TFA, and to stop SW collecting altogether. Jumping through hoops may be possible for the occasional figure that I really want. It will not be possible for a majority of figures (not the first TFA wave of course, but I can see the issues returning for later waves), and I'm not in the mood to do it for a flood of 5POA figures.

I'm willing to wait out how the situation resolves under TFA (there is not much stuff left to get until then, anyway). But if distribution hereabouts doesn't improve and the new stuff is not really, really worth it, I'd say the old universe ended with Disney's kill of the EU...

Reaction score
Maybe it's best to pre-order the wave or figure when they go up on websites. I've had no problems buying any figures from online retailers.
Thanks to Hasbro's distribution it seems pre-ordering online in the UK is no longer a guarantee, so from that standpoint US sites may be a more reliable option. I might give BBTS a look when I'm ready to order some new figs.

GNT

Reaction score
Thanks to Hasbro's distribution it seems pre-ordering online in the UK is no longer a guarantee, so from that standpoint US sites may be a more reliable option. I might give BBTS a look when I'm ready to order some new figs.
You should, stick them in your loot, have a bunch of items shipped at once and save a fortune in shipping.

Reaction score
The distribution on this guys does suck. I've not seen him at any store! Even after a new shipment has arrived, he's nowhere to be found. I guess I'll have to stop at two. :grin:

Reaction score
The distribution on this guys does suck. I've not seen him at any store! Even after a new shipment has arrived, he's nowhere to be found. I guess I'll have to stop at two. :grin:
At least you got 2, I haven't even found 1 yet.

So far it's the only SW figure besides the Vintage Bastila Shan that I've never seen in stores yet.

Reaction score
I have terrible distribution here in Titletown, so I fed the scalper on these kinda. Only 8 bucks each tho, which isn't too terrible. I'd waste that much on gas easily trying to hunt these down. These are awesome figures though, so if you are on the fence, get down before you hurt yourself.

GNT

Reaction score
I don't remember this character at all but I opened mine today and it's a pretty sweet looking figure. Love the sculpt of this one, nice detailing all over. I wish he didn't have a double ended Lightsaber as that takes away Maul's specialness. Would love a 6" version at some point.

Reaction score
At least it would be SA then.:grin:

I can't believe you never spotted them, though I guess they didn't really stand out much. If all you did was focus on the main characters.

Reaction score
At least it would be SA then.:grin:

I can't believe you never spotted them, though I guess they didn't really stand out much. If all you did was focus on the main characters.
I'd have loved to have this guy SA.

As it stands, its a unique character with the first canon yellow lightsaber that I can remember, and the sculpting is nice, even with the lack or articulation. I never saw this at normal retail, I happened upon it in a comic shop in New Jersey for $10, and figured it was probably only going to go up from there, so I grabbed it and I don't regret it.

Reaction score
Would have been an awesome sa figure. Oh well. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The figure would've been more bearable had it had swivel forearms at the very least. I just can't see spending on this figure which was quite rare and I never seen it on the pegs and ebay prices were crazy. I stopped at two.

Reaction score
"...Would love a 6" version at some point."
This! Would be SO wicked! Especially since, they opened up for the Rebels characters in BS6, but would probably not be produced until after the main characters have been made.

Reaction score
Despite my not liking 5 POA, I would buy this excellent Jedi Temple Guard figure in a NY minute - if I could find it @ retail. Never even seen this yet...

Reaction score
Despite my not liking 5 POA, I would buy this excellent Jedi Temple Guard figure in a NY minute - if I could find it @ retail. Never even seen this yet...
These have been out for over a year now and are no longer in production/shipping. Your best bet now is the secondary market.