Jedi Temple Guard - SL17

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like we'll be seeing a Saga Legends figures Jedi Temple Guard from the Animated Clone Wars show:

Who's going to be picking this figure up?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I most likely will, especially if it fits well with my animated Clone Wars figures!

Reaction score
May get two or so, guess these figures wont ever see fully articulated phases, least not for a few years if ever. I still buy the Kenner SOTE Imperial Guards and EU Sentinels so they'll fit right in. Royals Guards , you're better off buying the ROTS figures.

Reaction score
They are sentries, so it's not as if they require a full range of motion to stand at attention, right? Right?

Reaction score
'Bout time. These guys are too awesome to not have a figure.

Reaction score
Well it totally depends on how the figure turns out, if it gets sloppy paint like all the others. Prolly not! However, I may buy a few just for that standing guard look. But I truly hope they make an SA version too, for other needs.

Reaction score
I guess someone at Hasbro reads our comments, and then someone higher up only allows 5POA figures. I *need* that SA Rex as well. At the moment I couldn't care less about the Jedi temple guard, and do wish he got the SA treatment.

I wonder if the Clone Wars guys will buy this?

Reaction score
Liked the look of the character as soon as I saw them in CW series so likely at least get two to do some Sentry duty.

As for the (likely) 5 POA - as pointed out they don't really need it to look right so for me if the paint and sculpt is good enough I'll forgive 5 POA in a modern figure this one time.

Reaction score
Damn man, sounds like this sucker might be hard to find.

Reaction score
Disappointing for me that this figure is being released in 5POA, but I guess something is better than nothing. I'll be picking up a couple.

Reaction score
definately want this guy and if he's cool looking I'm sure he's going to be the HTF figure like the stormtrooper and fett.

Reaction score
Yeah, wave 1 of TBS is still really easy to spot as well.
Wave 1 of everything is basically most of what is available. (Well, Slave Leia in the 6" line. She was wave 2, right?) In my area, 3.75" TBS is slightly easier to find later figures from than Legends but that is only due to the fact that Target has been stocking the Plagueis wave heavily and all local Walmart stores have dropped the Legends line. Mission Series seems to be avoiding the first wave curse, though, from what I've seen. Wrong thread for this discussion, I suppose....

Reaction score
Liked the look of the character as soon as I saw them in CW series so likely at least get two to do some Sentry duty.

As for the (likely) 5 POA - as pointed out they don't really need it to look right so for me if the paint and sculpt is good enough I'll forgive 5 POA in a modern figure this one time.
Ditto. As soon as I saw these guys I wished they hadn't abandoned the CW line. Def in for at least one.
(several, if SA). Not trying to stir up that debate, just my opinion.

Reaction score
As much as I like the look I guess, they looked too derivative of Darth Revan and I dont like the idea of Jedi all of sudden using double bladed lightsabers and Jedi temple security in the series were rather ambiguous as to whom they served and what their function was aside for being basically walking statues that dont speak. Faceless and characterless seems out of place for the Jedi Knights.

Not sure but the revamped looked of Darth Bane looked more like a genetic Sith Warrior, as from the concept art it looked like he or they were gonna wield some sorta lightsaber staff but with a yellow-orange curved blade. CW seems to have been introducing curved lightsaber blades of and even light bows, and the lightwhip(from marvel).

Reaction score
edit as it should read:

"Not sure but the revamped look of Darth Bane looked more like a generic Sith Warrior, as from the concept art it looked like he or they were gonna wield some sorta lightsaber staff but with a yellow-orange large curved blade. CW seems to have been introducing curved lightsaber blades of and even light bows, and the lightwhip(from marvel)."

Reaction score
The biggest issue with them is where the * were they when Vader and the 501st were attacking the Temple? This character concept is one of those that we can pick apart and bash relentlessly for not making sense but they look cool so screw it.

Reaction score
Of course they really don't make sense all around, Jedi shouldn't need guards to begin with. Not to mention that glaring problem of where these guys were when the Temple was attacked by Clones. You don't see any of them laying around dead like the Jedi were. This is why making stories that tie in with what already came, but set in the future is difficult. But as you said they do look cool.

Reaction score
They are sentries, so it's not as if they require a full range of motion to stand at attention, right? Right?
Yeah, I guess.

But wouldn't it be nice to be able to perform the simplest kind of alternate stances, which even the most basic of modern articulation would offer?

I mean, even some ball-jointed elbows would be nice.

Either way, provided I can find them, I'll be picking a couple of these guys up.

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess. But wouldn't it be nice to be able to perform the simplest kind of alternate stances, which even the most basic of modern articulation would offer? I mean, even some ball-jointed elbows would be nice. Either way, provided I can find them, I'll be picking a couple of these guys up.
See, this pic is depressing. We all know the figure will have straight arms and look like an extra standing around waiting to film a scene. We'll never be able to recreate even the simplest of stances as seen on the show.

Reaction score
I agree, I don't want ten to twenty figures all posed the exact same way! In fact I don't think a 5POA figure will even be able to achieve that pose pictured above.
Unless they sculpt the arms fixed in that position. The best thing about this figure is going to be the Yellow Saber blades!!!

Reaction score
I'm just hoping they don't cheap out on paint. This character design has a lot of little details that might get overlooked. For example the metal chains on the belt. After all they didn't paint Boba's Jet pack.

Reaction score
I agree, I don't want ten to twenty figures all posed the exact same way! In fact I don't think a 5POA figure will even be able to achieve that pose pictured above.
Unless they sculpt the arms fixed in that position. The best thing about this figure is going to be the Yellow Saber blades!!!
Nope. We won't even be able to produce the most basic of "action" poses with these figures. They will either stand there with their arms at their sides, or posed with an arm or two straight out in front of them, and either way, it will almost certainly be impossible for these guys to hold a two-handed weapon like this saber staff with both hands without looking utterly silly.

I mean, I prefer full SA, but I'm trying to conceptualize some sort of compromise, and like I said, to recreate that picture, it wouldn't even require 14 POA, just the addition of some simple ball-jointed elbows would likely suffice. But could we even get that much? Nope, too much to ask, I suppose. Why? Well, because... oh, I don't know, I guess the kids don't like elbows?

And I know the idea is to keep this a discounted line, but what would the addition of bj-elbows really cost?

I don't mean to moan and complain about it every time I post about one of these 5 POA figures. Honest. But when the only available option for any given character is limited to 5 POA, I just can't help it. The discounted line, I think, should be only for figures also offered in SA form. Offer us the option for SA versions of figures like the Temple Guard, Hasbro, and I'll shut up.

But again, I'm a good little soldier. I'll still wind up looking to buy a couple of these guys to display with my PT-era Jedi. It's just a shame that the Temple Guard won't (IMO) be as good a figure as it could be.

Reaction score
Nope. We won't even be able to produce the most basic of "action" poses with these figures. They will either stand there with their arms at their sides, or posed with an arm or two straight out in front of them, and either way, it will almost certainly be impossible for these guys to hold a two-handed weapon like this saber staff with both hands without looking utterly silly.

I mean, I prefer full SA, but I'm trying to conceptualize some sort of compromise, and like I said, to recreate that picture, it wouldn't even require 14 POA, just the addition of some simple ball-jointed elbows would likely suffice. But could we even get that much? Nope, too much to ask, I suppose. Why? Well, because... oh, I don't know, I guess the kids don't like elbows?

And I know the idea is to keep this a discounted line, but what would the addition of bj-elbows really cost?

I don't mean to moan and complain about it every time I post about one of these 5 POA figures. Honest. But when the only available option for any given character is limited to 5 POA, I just can't help it. The discounted line, I think, should be only for figures also offered in SA form. Offer us the option for SA versions of figures like the Temple Guard, Hasbro, and I'll shut up.

But again, I'm a good little soldier. I'll still wind up looking to buy a couple of these guys to display with my PT-era Jedi. It's just a shame that the Temple Guard won't (IMO) be as good a figure as it could be.
Good Soldiers follow orders good soldiers follow orders.

Reaction score
This is EXACTLY how I feel. This character is exactly the type that should be picked for TBS, and they should be filling SL/MS with core OT and PT characters. And while I am glad that they're putting this figure out in some fashion, I still feel this is a major fumble on Hasbro's part.

Reaction score
I personally don't feel this guy needs 14POA either, otherwise he'd need SG's kama. I think full SA for the arms and a swivel waist is just fine. Though I could also go for some ankles to help him stand better, often fixed leg'd figures want to tip. But I guess we'll take what we get. lol

Reaction score
I personally don't feel this guy needs 14POA either, otherwise he'd need SG's kama. I think full SA for the arms and a swivel waist is just fine. Though I could also go for some ankles to help him stand better, often fixed leg'd figures want to tip. But I guess we'll take what we get. lol
Unfortunately you'll be getting none of that. I've already resigned myself to picking up a couple of these to hack apart along with the unfinished custom I started months and months ago to form 1 "somewhat articulated" version. Like you said there's no need for 14 POA with this guy, but you should be able to recreate the quintessential pose of standing at attention with the double saber.

Reaction score
Of course they really don't make sense all around, Jedi shouldn't need guards to begin with. Not to mention that glaring problem of where these guys were when the Temple was attacked by Clones. You don't see any of them laying around dead like the Jedi were. This is why making stories that tie in with what already came, but set in the future is difficult. But as you said they do look cool.
Well, to be fair, Cad Bane was able to steal a holocron from the Jedi Temple, so maybe they decided to beef up security, especially since there probably wasn't a whole lot of Jedi staying at the temple permanently due to having to take part in the war.

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, Cad Bane was able to steal a holocron from the Jedi Temple, so maybe they decided to beef up security, especially since there probably wasn't a whole lot of Jedi staying at the temple permanently due to having to take part in the war.
And then Yoda laid them off prior to ROTS.

Reaction score
Interesting also that deleted scenes in ROTS had Clones dressed up as Jedi, not sure how they wouldve fooled any of them though,lol.

GNT

Reaction score
Interesting also that deleted scenes in ROTS had Clones dressed up as Jedi, not sure how they wouldve fooled any of them though,lol.
Theres a picture or two out there of the scene, basically the clone was just in Jedi Robes (no clone armour) and would be enough to fool anyone. I'm sure with all the Jedi around no one would know everybody.