Jedi Showdown Battle Pack

GNT

Reaction score

EE have listed a new Battle pack called "Jedi Showdown" which is slated for January 2010, you can see the listing here

Thoughts on this battle pack?

Reaction score
Maybe a repackaged/reworked version of the Jedi Vs Darth Sidious Battle pack?

Or could also possibly be a Geonosis themed Battle pack.

Reaction score
I'm starting a pool on Anakin and Kenobi, or Grievous being in it. Hasbro seem to freakin' stick them in everything else! **Hasbro: Oops, we missed giving the Bantha a butt, let's stick Anakin in it!**

However, if we go back to the Phamtom Meance, Hasbro did the box set of a "Jedi Showdown" sort of thing with Jinn and Maul on Tattooine, but that was more of an "ambush" really. I'm hoping for an updated tooling of Jinn along with the new TPM Kenobi and Darth Maul for the showdown on Naboo. If anything, I believe it will be this showdown on Naboo either in the hanger or up in the other part where Jinn dies. Hopefully we get a damn good tooling of Maul this time too **Note to Hasbro - no swivel elbows on anything!**

Or, another option could be Kenobi vs Grievous with a couple of battle droids/super battle droids, or maybe a Clone Trooper.

One option could be a battle pack with just Jedi in it for the Geonosian Arena or a mix of Jedi/Padme/Droids.

If not the above, then crappy repacks of crappy figures no one wants then Hasbro whines about sales again because they were lame and lazy and repacked crap.

Reaction score
Clicking on the link it says it is Clone Wars battle packs and there are four of them all together. There are four of them all together and I think they are going to be from various episodes we see in season two. Holocron is most likely the episode where Dooku sends Bane to retrieve a Jedi Holocron from the Jedi Temple. As for the others, not sure at the moment.

Reaction score
Krayt said:
Clicking on the link it says it is Clone Wars battle packs and there are four of them all together. There are four of them all together and I think they are going to be from various episodes we see in season two. Holocron is most likely the episode where Dooku sends Bane to retrieve a Jedi Holocron from the Jedi Temple. As for the others, not sure at the moment.
But quite possibly, not all 4 battle packs in the set will be The Clone Wars specific. It might be a mix of 3 The Clone Wars battle packs and 1 Legacy or any other assortment along those lines.

I never trust "listing titles" outright in that sense. When I bought some battle packs for my shop a while back it was a mix of The Clone Wars and Legacy but with the distributor the case of battle packs was listed solely as "The Clone Wars". I think Hasbro should do separate cases for battle packs and not mix them like this. They should do The Clone Wars specific battle packs and Legacy specific battle packs.

I wish Hasbro would separate the lines to some degree. Even on the Legacy packaging for vehicles you get pictures of the Clones from the CGI format on the boxes when they should not put them on there, they should use proper movie Clone trooper pictures instead.

Reaction score
Based on the name of this set, it seems much more likely to be a Clone Wars set.

The only sets that I can even remotely link to a set with this name would be the following:

-ROTJ Luke VS Vader duel. But this has got the potential to be a complete POTF2 cinema scene retread.
-AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan VS Count Dooku (plus Yoda, possibly)

Reaction score
Yeah, like someone already said, there are just so many possibilities for this set, that trying to guess would just be shots in the dark. I mean, obvious ideas would be any one of the several meetings between Jedi & Dooku, one of the 2 meetings between Jedi & Maul, or just the Palpatine battle renamed. Also, there were 3 previous items (maybe more, but 3 is what I remember) titled "showdown": one was the Cinema Scene entitled "Tatooine Showdown" when Maul jumped Qui-Gon from behind(with little Ani as the 3rd figure in the pack), another was the Cantina Showdown Cinema Scene with old Ben, Ponda Baba, & the good doctor Dr Evezan----I personally REALLY HOPE it's a remake of this set with resculpts on the 2 drinkers. The third set that was previously entitled "showdown" was the Kamino Showdown Ultra Deluxe Sets of Saga'03-04 featuring the rain-soaked battle between a wet Obi-Wan & Jango, I think this is NOT what we will see here.

So, yeah, there are UMPTEEN possibilities here, I guess we'll just have to wait & see to find out.

Reaction score
Maynard said:
Yeah, like someone already said, there are just so many possibilities for this set, that trying to guess would just be shots in the dark. I mean, obvious ideas would be any one of the several meetings between Jedi & Dooku, one of the 2 meetings between Jedi & Maul, or just the Palpatine battle renamed. Also, there were 3 previous items (maybe more, but 3 is what I remember) titled "showdown": one was the Cinema Scene entitled "Tatooine Showdown" when Maul jumped Qui-Gon from behind(with little Ani as the 3rd figure in the pack), another was the Cantina Showdown Cinema Scene with old Ben, Ponda Baba, & the good doctor Dr Evezan----I personally REALLY HOPE it's a remake of this set with resculpts on the 2 drinkers. The third set that was previously entitled "showdown" was the Kamino Showdown Ultra Deluxe Sets of Saga'03-04 featuring the rain-soaked battle between a wet Obi-Wan & Jango, I think this is NOT what we will see here.

So, yeah, there are UMPTEEN possibilities here, I guess we'll just have to wait & see to find out.
Never thought of the Cantina set, that would be awesome. But doesnt fit in with what Hasbro has been saying about the lack of new scuplts in BP's

Reaction score
GKinCT said:
GNT said:
Thoughts on who should be included?
Jedi. Jedi should be included. Who, no idea. But there will be Jedi.
No there won't. It'll be Farmboy Luke, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan, and Chewie. No Jedi included. Remember "Jedi vs. Sith"? No Sith! And "Jedi vs. Separatists"? It included Darth Maul, not a Separatist!

So don't expect Jedi in this set.

...but yeah, too many possibilities at this point. Could be from any film, or from CW. I'd be very annoyed if it's Jedi Vs. Sidious AGAIN, though... maybe they figure they can move 'em under a new name? I know it'd be an 'easy pass' for just about all of us, but still annoying to see it clogging shelves for the 87th time.

Reaction score
It'll be that damn Jedi vs. Sidious pack with the exact same figures, including all the Saesee Tiins they went around and bought back up and that same green saber-wielding Agen Kolar.

Reaction score
Idpullthecurtain said:
Maynard said:

Never thought of the Cantina set, that would be awesome. But doesnt fit in with what Hasbro has been saying about the lack of new scuplts in BP's
I thought of that too, but if I'm not mistaken they said that that's how it's gonna be for the BP's in the mainline. Store exclusive BP's will still have new/retooled figures they said, if I'm not totally misremembering that.

GNT

Reaction score
It could always be another Mace Windu vs Jango Fett, which could also include a Battle Droid and another Jedi to make 4 figures.

Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda vs Dooku (AOTC)

Palpatine,Obi-Wan, Anakin vs Dooku (ROTS)

A repack of the ROTS Jedi vs Palpatine (ROTS)

Luke, Vader and Palpatine (ROTJ)

Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon vs Maul (TPH)

Or it could be any Clone Wars series pack

So many choices.

Reaction score
Way too vague, and far too many possibilites with this one.

Might as well call it "Lightsaber Duel Battle Pack"

Reaction score
LordStarscream said:
It'll be that damn Jedi vs. Sidious pack with the exact same figures, including all the Saesee Tiins they went around and bought back up and that same green saber-wielding Agen Kolar.
This was my first thought. They've pretty much stated that collectors shouldn't expect diddly squat from battle packs from now on...something about focussing on value for money they said(?). They probably mean value for their money.

Reaction score
From what we have it could be anything - even just a repacked set. I'm hoping we atleast get good versions of whatever characters they put in it, because I'm over Hasbro thinking it is okay if they continue to gradually make more and more of their packs terrible.

Reaction score
What comes to mind for me is Anakin (Vader) vs. Obi-Wan in ROTS - we've never really had a BP for that scene - they could even do it with the Mustafar Lava Droids and pose it over the lava river - that's the sort of thing that the kids would be all over.

Fortunately it'll be nothing that I need.

'78

Reaction score
LordStarscream said:
I don't think they bought any of those Saesees back... last time I went to Target, I saw they'd finally removed all the Yarnas, but the Saesees were still in place.

Still, if they do that, that could be a great selling point for this BP. "Hey kids! All these other Battlepacks have only four figures. If you buy Jedi Showdown, you get SIX! There's the villainous Darth Sidious, and Jedi Masters Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin, and Saesee Tiin! That's right, TWO Saesee Tiin figures for a total of SIX action figures for the price of three! Tell your parents!"

Reaction score
Since1978 said:
What comes to mind for me is Anakin (Vader) vs. Obi-Wan in ROTS - we've never really had a BP for that scene - they could even do it with the Mustafar Lava Droids and pose it over the lava river - that's the sort of thing that the kids would be all over.
We DO have that exact scene in a Battlepack. It was shown to us at ComicCon, remember? Duel At Mustafar was the name, it had Obi-Wan, Anakin(Vader), Emperor and a Shocktrooper. I'm sure they're going to pose them battling over some cardboard Mustafar lava backdrop in the packaging, but nothing you can really use outside the box.

Reaction score
Ah yes - forgot about that one. Generally Battlepacks - outside of those with the new stuff, I admittedly struggle to pay attention to the other BPs out there.

Reaction score
Wow, Ventress, Dooku, Skywalker, and Kenobi ALL repacks with no added articulation?

I have to admit, this pack was the easiest pass in a BP that I can remember.

Reaction score
Okay, Anakin and Cody are to the CW collection that Vader and the Evo Emperor are to the Legacy Collection. Seriously, are there really that many mouths to feed?

G

Once again another huge pass! Good for the young fans but not collectors.

Reaction score
So we have the same Anakin in this set and in the Holocron set and they're both being released at exactly the same time?

Kids new to the line are already sent of to a good start with multiple versions of the same mold.

A Clone instead of one of the Battle Pack's Anakin figures would have been the smarter choice, IMO.

GNT

Reaction score
Big pass from me, it would be nice if Hasbro did something different with them instead of having them exactly the same.

Reaction score
This may be the single worst battle pack ever. All four of those figures are still available in fairly ready supply around here. This is completely redundant and even if parents buy it for their kids it will keep shelves nice and warm for months to come.

Reaction score
Must be where all those pegwarming Assaj Ventress figures went to. Hasbro scooped them up and tossed them in battle packs.

I don't know if they'd do that. But it seemed like she was everywhere and then gone.

Reaction score
Seems like one of the original BP's from 2005, but with CW figures. Pass.

Reaction score
I can get 3 of those figures, with Rex, in a sweet looking Tin set at TRU... today!

Why the [censored] would I buy that POS unless I JUST decided to start collecting CW?

Reaction score
A good set for the kiddies. Good for parents too who don't have time to compete-shop with hardcore collectors.

Reaction score
This whole wave of battlepacks stinks. Thanks for saving us money, Hasbro! Especially right after Christmas like that.