Jedi Master Luke Skywalker - The Last Jedi

Reaction score
My Luke is missing his belt. I found one yesterday, got all pumped about buying it, bought it today, and realized it was missing the belt. I think this was a factory error, but seriously Hasbro? Seriously?!
County probably forgot to give him his belt back when he was released

Reaction score
True, and I prefer SA but at least that one is being produced now and not 2 years later.

Reaction score
Technically you're missing one. X-Wing Luke is probably his most iconic look, as he appeared in that outfit in all three films. ;)

Hasbro has real trouble with hair colour sometimes. Old Han, Old Luke, Krennic..... They get them SO wrong.
Well i imagine it's a difficult task to paint graying hair, that's uneven in color shades. As opposed to just black, blonde, red or brown.

Reaction score
Technically you're missing one. X-Wing Luke is probably his most iconic look, as he appeared in that outfit in all three films. ;)

Well i imagine it's a difficult task to paint graying hair, that's uneven in color shades. As opposed to just black, blonde, red or brown.
No really It's really simple. If they have grey hair don't paint it brown. And if the have brown/gray hair, dont paint it almost white.

Reaction score
You gotta know it's done on purpose for a reason. Because I'm sure there are reference photos given to the sculptors and painters for Reference .
So who's to blame for inaccuracies? The paint dept. or the people in charge of giving instructions?

Or it's simply that the paint is slapped on in a hurry these days, with no Q/C.

Reaction score
I'm honestly not all that excited about the 5 POA stuff. Seeing how it took two years for us to finally get Luke in this outfit, I wanted to "do my part" and pick one up. Totally missed out on Force Friday. Stopped into the local Kohls last weekend and found one. Really wasn't crazy about the price, but they were running a 15% off sale. $10.00 is still too much for a 5 POA figure. I bought it just because I wasn't able to find it anywhere else. Then I go into my local Walmart the next day, and there are 3 of them on the pegs for under $8 bucks. Lesson learned.

Reaction score
I'm honestly not all that excited about the 5 POA stuff. Seeing how it took two years for us to finally get Luke in this outfit, I wanted to "do my part" and pick one up. Totally missed out on Force Friday. Stopped into the local Kohls last weekend and found one. Really wasn't crazy about the price, but they were running a 15% off sale. $10.00 is still too much for a 5 POA figure. I bought it just because I wasn't able to find it anywhere else. Then I go into my local Walmart the next day, and there are 3 of them on the pegs for under $8 bucks. Lesson learned.
I made that mistake at Kohl's for TFA FF. Got a Sarko Plank and Snowtrooper because I didn't see them anywhere else that day. Don't you love when they tell you how much you saved at the register when you overpaid $3?

Reaction score
If anyone is still looking for this figure, the Hasbro Toy Shop online is showing this figure as available for purchase. If you sign up for emails you get 20% off, but there is a purchase threshold for free shipping.

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the thing. I can never find enough stuff to get the free shipping, in order to take advantage of the % off discounts. lol

Some people don't mind paying for shipping, their excuse is it cuts down on costs associated with hunting them down all over town. Well i don't do that, so no gas time etc. wasted. I don't like paying for shipping, when we should be able to get these locally. In Hasbro's own words, they want a strong retail presence.
Well, where the heck is it? So when I can take advantage of free shipping, I do. I also like getting these on sale, because they're not worth $8 regardless of what anyone else says. Not when SA figure right next to them are $13, half the articulation equals half the price.

What sucks is that iIve seen these in a coupe places, but Kmart and Fred Meyer charges $8.99 & $9.99 respectively. But at that price waiting till SA versions arrive looks much better. I was tempted though, Luke does loo real nice. Same so for Rey, her head sculpt looks 90% better than the TFA release.

Reaction score
Yeah, since the only two Lukes I've seen in the wild had bad eye paint, I am too leery of ordering him online. If someone happens to come across one with great paint apps, let me know. I am struggling to find more.

Reaction score
Yeah, since the only two Lukes I've seen in the wild had bad eye paint, I am too leery of ordering him online. If someone happens to come across one with great paint apps, let me know. I am struggling to find more.
I'm sitting on two if you're interested. Cost plus shipping. I can send pics of the two if you're interested.

Reaction score
I'm not really sure why everyone thinks this. Why release a figure for a 5 minute scene? Especially when a new movie comes out only a year later, that will feature him more prominently? I get it, I was upset for 5 minutes. But I quickly rationalized it for what it was. Some people are acting as if it's the crime of the century. But I'm sorry to say, Hasbro has committed bigger crimes than that, IMO.

Now, a figure of a character that only gets 5 minutes ever. Sure. Make him/her now while iron is hot. But we'll be seeing Luke again, and in a couple outfits it seems.
I hardly call this a travesty in the grand scheme.

And last but not least, he'd have been 5POA anyways, so no big deal. I'd rather wait and hope they make a TBS figure of him this next year.
It's Star Wars. This is how we collect.
It's Luke Skywalker, that's reason enough.
It's "Master" Luke, something I, at least, have waited over 30 years for.
For "play" reasons. So kids can create their own stories (not just what's on screen).

Reaction score
I guess my biggest gripe with Yoda is how inconsistent his character was with his OT representation. He uses a weapon that he's at a physical disadvantage with. In the OT he talks about wars not making one great. Luke seems to take this to heart in the end of Jedi when he tosses his saber and telling the emperor he had failed. They are just so different.

I think my rationale for the saber being a step back comes from rotj. The emperor comments about Luke's saber with contempt. "Ah yes, a Jedi weapon." It makes it seem as though he finds it pitiful. And in a sense it is compared to the power he wields. At no point does the emperor whip out his lightsaber and do a bunch of flips to attack Luke....that would just be ridiculous....I mean, can you imagine the emperor doing that....flipping and spinning....hmm.

So yeah I always hoped Yoda's mastery of the force would be more comparable to how the emperor was used in rotj. Instead the prequels reverse it.
Perhaps Yoda had grown in his craft, or was evolving his philosophy, or simply teaching a Padawan to not equate a Jedi with a soldier. In the OT Yoda and Obi-Wan used their Jedi skills sparingly, out of necessity--as a last recourse not a first response--because they were not themselves fighting the war. But in the PT they were direct participants and had little choice. It's entirely possible Yoda's and Obi-Wan's later wisdom was a result of the failure of the Jedi to stop Palpatine using a direct combat approach.

In ROTJ, the Emperor has a much different goal than ROTS. In ROTS, Palpatine is trying to kill an enemy. In ROTJ, he is trying to recruit a new apprentice. Luke survives then defeats Vader because they were both using the same power sets--lightsabers and telekinesis. But Palpatine wants to show Luke that he can teach him more than the Jedi way can so he uses a set of powers that even Vader doesn't have. It's a mind-game in ROTJ. Note how Palpatine handles Mace Windu, with lightning, to show him (and Anakin) which path is truly superior.