Jedi Master Luke Skywalker - The Last Jedi

GNT

Reaction score
Will we finally get our much needed ST Luke Skywalker? Discuss your thoughts on seeing a TLJ Luke?

Reaction score
I'm sure we will get Luke but which version is up in the air... for all we know we could just see a release of a Bespin Luke, Hoth Luke, Tatoonie Luke, Jedi Luke etc....

my hope is that Hasbro gives us a 6" TFA/TLJ Luke, 3.75 SA TFA/TLJ Luke and a 5POA TFA/TLJ Luke with spot on Mark Hamill likeness.

Reaction score
There is almost a 100% guarantee that we'll get TFA/TLJ Luke this fall since his outfit is exactly the same in both films, with TFA leading right into TLJ. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GNT

Reaction score
He'll start off with his TFA outfit but I do believe there are slight changes to it as the movie evolves.

Reaction score
He'll start off with his TFA outfit but I do believe there are slight changes to it as the movie evolves.
That's very likely. We'll probably get those outfits in the first wave of figures for EP12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Obviously if the movie starts where last one left off like they said, Luke will look the same, but I thought I heard somewhere that his outfit will go darker, more similar to ROTJ. Maybe it won't and that's why we never got a Luke figure before. That's not very Star Wars if that's the case and a missed opportunity as everyone wants every variation on Luke's costumes! Maybe they wanted the focus to be on the new characters with TFA merchandise and held back with as much Luke and Leia items, IDK. I always assumed Luke would look a little different as movies progressed, and we'd eventually get our TFA Luke's. Still my biggest want in Sequal Trilogy is Luke!

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure we'll at least get one figure. Possibly even two, depending on his change of looks. After all, he'll be main character right along side Rey in this movie. And she got several figures last time.

Reaction score

For me, what the leaked drawings of what his outfit looks like later in the film, I'd rather we get the later film version first. It's been well over a year since the film came out and that we still don't have an ST version of Luke is a shame.

Reaction score
At this point, it's ridiculous. Luke should have been out in 3 formats already. I think it'd only be forgivable if the sculpts are fantastic.

JVM

Reaction score
See, I figured they'd give us the TFA look sooner because it's less "spoiler-y" and save the main look for later, in the December wave...

... but I do guess they saved FN-2187 for later but gave us Finn himself early, so...

Reaction score
Yeah, absolutely silly that we don't have a Luke 18 months after Forcefed Friday.

Reaction score
"Our market research shows Luke Skywalker doesn't sell well with the children, buying parents, and collector demographics." I've only had a half cup of coffee so that doesn't sound as much like Hasbro as I'd like it too. ;)

Reaction score
I'm not really sure why everyone thinks this. Why release a figure for a 5 minute scene? Especially when a new movie comes out only a year later, that will feature him more prominently? I get it, I was upset for 5 minutes. But I quickly rationalized it for what it was. Some people are acting as if it's the crime of the century. But I'm sorry to say, Hasbro has committed bigger crimes than that, IMO.

Now, a figure of a character that only gets 5 minutes ever. Sure. Make him/her now while iron is hot. But we'll be seeing Luke again, and in a couple outfits it seems.
I hardly call this a travesty in the grand scheme.

And last but not least, he'd have been 5POA anyways, so no big deal. I'd rather wait and hope they make a TBS figure of him this next year.

Reaction score
I'll trade all the Sarco Planks and KZwhatevers bending pegs in my market for a Luke, but I agree with you on TBS or bust.

Reaction score
They'd better pack Luke and Leia at 3 per case - or else just make cases of only the two of them split evenly. Otherwise these are really going to be hard to find, and not just potentially as we all thought Han would be.

Reaction score
Pretty sure they will, he's a core character. Or they'll carry him forward into a later wave. It's far more likely we'll be swimming figures of him, than getting a decent representation of Benicio Del Toro or Laura Dern's character. Or anyone else, other than Rey Finn and Poe.

Reaction score
I'm sure Luke will be well represented in the toyline. I'm not too worried about him being hard to find, especially if he's going to have more than one costume for the new movie.

Reaction score
If there's one reason I want the Walmart 3.75" SA line to stick around, it's an SA sequel trilogy Luke.

Reaction score
I bet Luke is the comic con exclusive he will be everywhere. Its Star Wars and he is Luke Skywalker Disney and Hasbro arent stupid.

Reaction score
If there's one reason I want the Walmart 3.75" SA line to stick around, it's an SA sequel trilogy Luke.
Yes, I want this as well. Maybe they'll pull a Han on us again and give us the newer costume look in the WM 3.75" line and the TFA/Jedi Master look in the 5 POA line.

Reaction score
I hope not. IDK what the new look is, though I've heard it's similar to his ROTJ outfit. I already have that, so I would prefer the Jedi Robes.

Reaction score
I think it's a safe bet to assume that Hasbro would give us a TFA Luke in 6" format, 3.75 SA format, 3.75" 5POA format and the 12" soap bottle format as well.

Reaction score
I hope so. It seems the ship has sailed on an SA 3.75" TFA Luke. Still hoping for an SA Episode 8 version, though.

Reaction score
If it's the Jedi robes version, does it really matter whether it's from TFA or TLJ? Does it need to say The Force Awakens Jedi Master Luke on the package for you to sleep at night? Of course they're going to do an E8 &9 version, as he's likely got a lot more screen time and does something notable.

Reaction score
That's a fair point. If the jedi master costume is the same one, then it really doesn't matter if it say TFA or TLJ on the packaging.

Reaction score
^ yeah, its kinda reminiscent of the true vintage Emperor fig that didn't come out until 1983(mailaway)/1984(ROTJ carded) despite small appearance in ESB or a generic TIE pilot (ESB carded 1982) despite several appearances in ANH.

Reaction score
I'm not really sure why everyone thinks this. Why release a figure for a 5 minute scene? Especially when a new movie comes out only a year later, that will feature him more prominently? I get it, I was upset for 5 minutes. But I quickly rationalized it for what it was. Some people are acting as if it's the crime of the century. But I'm sorry to say, Hasbro has committed bigger crimes than that, IMO.
Because its Luke. The biggest character along with Han in TFA and you don't even make a figure? Even if he's only there for a minute, you make Luke. And perhaps our store pegs would be moving with figures a little better had they put a few Luke's and Leia's on them instead of those other characters who had so much more time in the movie like Zuvio & Guavian gang. You are right that there are other big crimes by Hasbro, but this is up there IMO.