Jedi Force Thread

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw them at Walmart yesterday. Han/Tauntaun, Bikerscout/Speederbike, Luke/Wampa, Ewokvillage. And most excitingly the Millennium Falcon with Han/Chewie/R2.

Reaction score
I'm in NC and have two relatively close Walmarts, I'll have to hit them up first. What are everyone's thoughts on the playsets? Am I the only one who thinks they look cheap.

Reaction score
I'm in NC and have two relatively close Walmarts, I'll have to hit them up first. What are everyone's thoughts on the playsets? Am I the only one who thinks they look cheap.
+

I found them at Target and was excited to grab a Wampa & Taun Taun until I saw them in hand. The Wampa isn't even a figure, just some plastci that moves behind some ice, and the Taun Taun wasn't much bigger than Han Solo...needless to say was disappointed and left them all hanging there. So no, you're not the only one that thinks they cheaped out on these.

Reaction score
+

I found them at Target and was excited to grab a Wampa & Taun Taun until I saw them in hand. The Wampa isn't even a figure, just some plastci that moves behind some ice, and the Taun Taun wasn't much bigger than Han Solo...needless to say was disappointed and left them all hanging there. So no, you're not the only one that thinks they cheaped out on these.
I knew the Wampa wasn't a figure and I was very disappointed about that but you said the Taun Taun wasn't that big!! I figured it would be at least the same size as the GH's original Taun Taun .....uuugha c'mon people. The only reason I'd consider getting the Wampa playset is to get Hoth Luke since my son has Hoth Han from the speeder set. But I'm really cringing about that one.

Reaction score
Admittedly, I like the look of this set, as Imperials have really been lacking in the JF (or GH again, now, I guess) line, but I'm really not down for the $20 price point, though I realize that's only a little over $3 a figure. I'm cheap.
I wasn't refering to this set because it's a rebox of the Amazon Exclusive that was released what back in February I think. This one I greatly enjoy. I'm talking about the two new playsets, the Ewok Village & Wampa Cave.

Reaction score
I totally agree. There isn't much to get excited about with these. As you said, I'll just buy the wampa set for the Luke figure. I missed the Hoth Han the first time around so this one will have to do. Other than that I'm going to sit back and hold out hope that they produce new figures instead of just recycling the old molds. (Leia anyone?)

Reaction score
I thought the taun taun was nice and may pick up the speeder bike on sale as it looks less ridiculous than the one that came with Luke. I'm really happy these are more readily available as my friend had a boy a little over a year ago and I look forward to sharing Star Wars with him as his dads a football guy and mom is younger so she's all about Harry potter.

Reaction score
I wasn't refering to this set because it's a rebox of the Amazon Exclusive that was released what back in February I think. This one I greatly enjoy. I'm talking about the two new playsets, the Ewok Village & Wampa Cave.
Yeah, I knew you weren't. I just wanted to put in my two cents about the Imperials. I actually haven't even seen pictures of the Ewok Village or Wampa playset (which, frankly, from the description above, sounds dreadful). I'm on the fence about Han and Tauntaun.

And, as usual, the women are SW are getting ignored. Yes, where is Leia?

Reaction score
And, as usual, the women are SW are getting ignored. Yes, where is Leia?
YES ...Hasbro....where is the Leia!! Believe it or not my son actually said to me, mommy I can't do that because I don't have Leia, why don't I have Leia? and all I could say was I can't buy you something they don't make

Ok so I went hunting this weekend and was able to snag these. There were only one of each on the shelf and I passed up on the Ewok Village. I took one look at it and was just very, very disappointing in it. The Ewok had a flat face that was just a massive turn off for me. I did however grab the Speeder, the Taun Taun and the Hoth playset. I still don't like the Hoth Playset and wasn't worth the $15 bucks but part of me was just screaming I needed to buy it because of Hoth Luke. Anyways I took some pictures for those interested or those who haven't seen them.

Below is the back of the Hoth Playset. As you can see the Wompa is just a large piece of plastic that slides back and forth to look like he's moving from behind the ice. There is also a connector on the bottom that allows you to hook up the Ewok Village playset to Hoth Playset :wtf:

The Taun Taun's face on this version I think looks better then the original GH's version (IMO)

The face on this Scout also looks a bit different then the Scout originally offered in the Amazon Exclusive six pack. The original looks like a normal Scout bucket but this one looks wider and it missing the grey/black on the snout part of bucket. The Speeder though looks better then the original Speeder offered with Endor Luke.

Reaction score
To continue from my above post, since I didn't have any photo's that I personally took of the Ewok Village here's a photo from Tsak Knight's Toy Hunting page. You can see what I was referring too in my above post about the flat face Ewok.

Toy hunting by Tsak Knight, on Flickr

Reaction score
Some of the re-packaged Jedi Force / Galactic Heroes finally showed up at my local Target (New Jersey), the Hoth Han Solo with Tauntaun, Hoth Snowspeeder with Luke and Endor Imperial Scout on Speeder Bike were all on the shelf. I didn't realize that the speeder bike was a new model, shorter with a missle. Also available was the repacked ANH Luke and Darth Vader. No sign of the Echo Base or Endor set yet.

Reaction score
Trying to wrap my head around these lines... Galactic Heroes became Jedi Force with new 5POA figures and then they changed the name back to Galactic Heroes?

Reaction score
I really think Hasbro should merge the existing 3.75" figures with the Jedi Force line. It would really be a throw back to the original vintage collection where play came first and then the details were added later. They would lose the 'chubby' figures and go with the more tradition look, but all the figures would be able to fit into all the different ships and playsets.