Jedi Council Screen Scene II

Reaction score
Many websites have shown previews of the second Jedi Council (Obi,Plo,Eeth)to come out this year and I have a few questions. First where is the first Screen Scene with Yoda, Ki and Qui? Secondly has anyone noticed Plo is sitting in the wrong style chair? Thirdly did they shrink Eeth's Jedi Robes to Mace Windu length (prototype showed the full length)? I tried to stay open minded about these now "Exclusives" but I am starting to get worried.

Reaction score
Re: New Jedi Council Screen Scene II

I think this Jedi Council Set is awful. Plo Koon seems to be the Saga figure, Eeth Koth looks like Agen Kolar (Eeth was wearing dark cloths) and we have plenty of Episode I Obi-Wans.

All the Council Figures have been made, all the figures that Hasbro will make in these sets will be rehashed figures, except when they would make Episode III Council Figures.

Reaction score

You know what this set is awful. I was all about going and completing this scene to have a nice diorama. Maybe I won't now that I think about it. I really don't want to spend $20 on this set. If they are going to be lazy with the other sets I'll just leave them on the shelves.

That is to bad because Hasbro will probably conclude that the sets don't sell well and quit making good ones in the future.

Reaction score

I'm crossing my fingers that the final product will look different than the promotional photos, but it probably won't. Between these sets, the Jedi, Carkoon, and Endor TRU 4-packs, the crappy kit-bashed Red Leader, and all the reissues, Hasbro really seems to be taking a lot of steps in the wrong direction this year. I'm really baffled, because they're usually about the best toy company out there.

Reaction score

Agree with all of the above...this scene is terrible!!!

Reaction score

The first two sets were so great and this one is just sad. What made the first two sets awesome were the fact that we got new figures, not just rehashed figures sitting down. If the set is released as it appears in the proto I will not be picking these up ... until they go on clearance.

Reaction score

I am really dissapointed in HAsbro for this set. The first 2 sets where great and two of the best things to come out last year, but this is a real let down.

With just a little bit more effort Hasbro could have made these great.

How hard would it have been to chuck in 2 soft goods robes ?

Would it have been too much effort to make a better looking robed Obi-Wan ?

If they had just changed those 2 things I would have loved this set, instead its average at best.

Im not saying im not going to get it because I will, I do want a complete circle but this is not what I expect out of Hasbro, I really just want this year to end now and stop all the rehashes.

Reaction score

I have to agree this scene is awful. #1 When did we see Obi-Wan in the Jedi Council without a robe? #2 Plokoon is horrible and I agree didn't Eeth Koth have darker clothes.

Reaction score

I think the bigger picture is not being taken into account. 90% of Hasbro's resorces right now are going into creating E3 figures. This leaves little time and money to give us a year with 50+ new figures so instead of cutting us off completly they are choosing to cut corners but still give us something to collect. Granted I would perfer a new fig over a rehash but considering the circumstances I am fine with it. The fact though still remains we are getting 21 new sculpts in the OTC after the General's wave.

Reaction score

But the POTJ line came just before the SAGA line and AOTC...This is long before....

GNT

Reaction score

It's a shame about anything that doesn't come carded, it's either missing a droid, reissue set or something else thats pretty crappy. The set is pretty dissapointing
I hope one day Hasbro does put effort into making stuff then maybe fans would be happy and would buy them.

Reaction score

Originally posted by Hukilu:
I think the bigger picture is not being taken into account. 90% of Hasbro's resorces right now are going into creating E3 figures. This leaves little time and money to give us a year with 50+ new figures so instead of cutting us off completly they are choosing to cut corners but still give us something to collect. Granted I would perfer a new fig over a rehash but considering the circumstances I am fine with it. The fact though still remains we are getting 21 new sculpts in the OTC after the General's wave.
<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah this is what Hasbro says, but why was it never a issue when creating the Episode 1 or 2 product lines, POTJ was great and that was made while Episode 2 toys were in production and no half assed attempts like this were made.

Sorry I just don't buy it, but if its true then the Episode 3 toy line had better be damm impressive, im talking scene specific bases, good accessorys and super articulation on most figures not to mention perfect sculpts.

[ 04-23-2004, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: stylie_steve ]

Reaction score

Originally posted by Hukilu:
<font size="2" face="arial">I totally disagree. This is a toy company who is being complacent and lazy, while taking our hard earned money and giving us craptacular figures. This kit-bashed, resculpted garbage doesn't cut it anymore. Most of us here are hard-core collectors and we already have about 4 TPM Obi-wans. There's too much competition in the industry and they need to keep their customer-base pleased. If they are tied up working on Episode 3, that's fine with me. I'd choose quality over quantity in any given year. 20 great sculpts per year is better than 40 half-assed pieces of plastic. If they want to do a really cool series of diorammas, then they need to crank out the Death Star conference room (with Vader, Motti, Tagge, Wulf Yularen, and a new Tarkin).

Reaction score

These sets are disappointing and I would much rather wait for a quality product a couple of years down the line than make do with these poor efforts.

I don't think the execs' at Hasbro really thought this one through, or maybe they did, maybe they thought collectors were so hooked that we would buy any old crap before EP3.

Collectors should send a clear message to Hasbro and leave this stuff on the shelves and campaign for quality not quantity.

Reaction score

i think the new council sets are both cool and sucky. but i going to get them because i have the other 2 sets.

Reaction score

Ok - I will come to the defense of Hasbro on this point. Between June '01 and the release of the Saga series only 19 figures were released. So in the year just before E2 not even 20 figs were made. Now that included 5 or fewer ships and 4 deluxe figures. This is exactly on par with what is coming out this year. From now until E3 we only will see 12 VOTC and 7 OTC figs which makes 19 figures. And we will see some ships and cinema scenes as well. I think of the TRU 4-packs as bonuses and I also realized that Hasbro doesn't think of collector first. They think money and kids as primary factors - and kids who are just now getting into collecting need a lot of the older figs that are in the TRU 4-packs.

I don't know why these 4-packs make so many people mad because those who hate them have the option not to buy them thus creating their theory that they perfer quality over quanity by only buying what they like.

GNT

Reaction score

Looks like we finally got the middle piece! Ki Adi Mundi could have been better alot better!

Reaction score

Another Yoda??? That's the third one now...and what's with Eeth Koth's flamboyant skirt/tunic/kilt thing? And where's Saesee Tiin?

Reaction score

Hmm, I like the look of the middle section, seems like each of the 4 sets will contain a 1/4 each, cool idea as I thought it would be just one solid piece.

As for the figures, meh. A Yoda and QUi-Gon I already have but I do think Ki-Adi looks decent with the 2 part soft goods skirt. I always thought he would be one of the better sitting members due to the lack of robes.

As for Saesee Tiin, he will be included in the 4th scene with Anakin SKywalker and Adi Gallia.

Reaction score

stylie_steve said:
As for Saesee Tiin, he will be included in the 4th scene with Anakin SKywalker and Adi Gallia.
Ah, thank you. Well that makes sense. Okay, I'm all better now.

Reaction score

Horrible, just horrible.
I wish hasbro would put some effort into these things.

Reaction score

The one thing I hate the most is pictures of these scenes together because I love the whole concept of a Jedi Council scene and then I see what a crappy job they really have done. I think if Hasbro would have done this scene with a bit more effort it would have looked incredible put together. Now will I still buy them "yes" just for my collection. But at one point I considered buying a second set to open and put together which I still may do. But the overall disappointing things are the sculpts and the characters chosen to be in the council scenes. Jedi with no robes, Obi-Wan in a council scene. NOT GOOD!!!

Reaction score

Why dont they put in a Naboo Obi? At least he would have the right clothes. And colour Eeth`s robe dark? They could with a little effort make a bad set a little more movie-accurate.

Reaction score

The only figure there that I like is Mundi with "sitting action" he looks accurate, unlike Kloon and Koth who both had their Robes on.

GNT

Reaction score

These sets could have been masterpieces with newly nicely sculpted figures but no, old figures slightly retooled some of which are not even screen accurate and really look like poodoo. Such a shame.

Reaction score

First boxed image:

The middle floor piece is under the regular floor piece.

Reaction score

I just hope we won't have to pay more for the extra piece...$19.99 is just enough. But even at that price, the previous screen scenes just didn't sell until Target and KB's blew them out, but at $7.99 at KB, they still has them on their shelves.

As much as these are a great idea, I'm just mixed about the whole thing in terms of movie accuracy and the 'extra' figs.

Reaction score

Two things about the packaging: Isn't that a movie still from AOTC? Why are these in an OTC packaging????? Hasbro?

Two bad these figures are all rehashes. They could have at least made some changes on the figures themselves IMO the Moisture Farmer Disguise Qui-Gons head looks more like Liam Neeson than the Naboo Qui-Gon.
I won't be buying any of the new sets. When Hasbro originally introduced the Screen Scenes they contained two brand new figures and a detailed base with an accessory (Trash Compactor sets). Then we got the first two Council and War Room sets which contained two brand new figures and one kitbashed figure (unique enough). Now we are getting three rehashes and are asked to pay the same price?

Reaction score

I just was wondering something.

There are 4 sets planned. We know each comes with at least 2 council members to fullfill the circle of 12 seats.
Set 1 comes with 2 members and Qui Gon
Set 2 comes with 2 members and Obi Wan
Set 3 is rumored to come with 2 members and Anakin
Now what NON-member is left for the fourth set ? Or is there room for at least one brandnew figure ?

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
Two things about the packaging: Isn't that a movie still from AOTC? Why are these in an OTC packaging????? Hasbro?
I'm assuming they just want to keep the packaging somewhat consistent with the rest of the OTC packaging deco since Saga is ending soon if not already. In a way, they're not technically OTC since they don't sport the 'OTC' message label, just the silver Star Wars logo. It's not big thing, but I would have liked for these to have come out earlier, so they're more consistent with the Saga packaging. Maybe they did, but maybe because sales of the first batch didn't sell well which is why these sets were resorted to being exclusives.

Reaction score

The_Real_Scooby said:
I just was wondering something.

There are 4 sets planned. We know each comes with at least 2 council members to fullfill the circle of 12 seats.
Set 1 comes with 2 members and Qui Gon
Set 2 comes with 2 members and Obi Wan
Set 3 is rumored to come with 2 members and Anakin
Now what NON-member is left for the fourth set ? Or is there room for at least one brandnew figure ?
The only remaining members left would be Adi-Gallia and Saesee Tiin from the Episode I council. The fourth screen scene, to complete the 12-seat set, could potentially be Coleman Trebor and Shaak Ti who replace Yaddle and Yareel Poof in Episode II. Seems kinda wierd though since Yaddle and Yareel are clearly seated in the previous sets...but you can probably do a switcharoo with the figures (and get them in the right style seats in the process). Of course, it's a bit bias since Depa and Even Piel are standing around doing nothing but staring.

The only other non-member to stand before the council is the older Anakin, sporting a hood-backed cloak. So far, the only Anakin figure AFAIK to sport that is the Secret Ceremony version, but it's not movie accurate and hardly sports a standing pose. Overall, including the Episode II members in the last set would be nifty, but we might get a dumb older Anakin figure sans cloak as a filler for the last set IMO.

Reaction score

WHo said there would be 2 more after this set? There are 2 out now and then the obi and Qui sets come out and this makes four which ive already see put together in pictures.

That being said I'd love to have Shaak Ti that could sit down and had articulated knees. (would like the other "action pose" Jedi girls to get the same.)
If im wrong it would be weird for TPM Obi and Qui to come with a teen Anakin and I cant see a young Anakin come out again.

Reaction score

Twilek_Jedi said:
WHo said there would be 2 more after this set? There are 2 out now and then the obi and Qui sets come out and this makes four which ive already see put together in pictures.

That being said I'd love to have Shaak Ti that could sit down and had articulated knees. (would like the other "action pose" Jedi girls to get the same.)
If im wrong it would be weird for TPM Obi and Qui to come with a teen Anakin and I cant see a young Anakin come out again.
If I'm not mistaken, the new sets come with centerpieces to make up the center of the council floor which will require two additional sets to complete since it is divided into quarters. Also, you need six sets to get all twelve seats.

I think that the last set will consist of Coleman Trebor and Shaak Ti so that you can swap them out to make up the Episode II council. As for the 'filler' figure, I have some doubts it will be grown Anakin for reasons I pointed out earlier. I think the other likely candidate maybe Episode II Obi-Wan in cloak, which might be the soft-goods Starfighter version packed earlier on Saga and KB exclusive packaging.

Reaction score

I think I have read that the last sets will be seated Adi Gallia and Saesee Tiin and a standing Ep.1 Anain. Seated Coleman Trebor and Shaak Ti and standing Stass Allie. Do not no what Stass Allie is doing here. Sha was never in the council. Guess we can move her over to the Geonosian arene though. And sinse Deepa and Even was seated in bout Ep.1 and Ep.2 this is just messt up.

Reaction score

I'll look forward to the $4.49 clearances at Target.

Reaction score

Xander said:
I'll look forward to the $4.49 clearances at Target.
If I'm not mistaken, the new sets will be TRU exclusive...you'll have to wait a long time (if ever) for a discount there.

Reaction score

Oola said:
I think I have read that the last sets will be seated Adi Gallia and Saesee Tiin and a standing Ep.1 Anain. Seated Coleman Trebor and Shaak Ti and standing Stass Allie. Do not no what Stass Allie is doing here. Sha was never in the council. Guess we can move her over to the Geonosian arene though. And sinse Deepa and Even was seated in bout Ep.1 and Ep.2 this is just messt up.
Stass Allie might be just a Adi Gallia repaint and/or kitbash. And they'll articulate Adi seated so that there is a noticeable difference.