Jazwares Star wars Micro Galaxy Squadron

Reaction score
Well said, Sharky. I agree.

On the subject of the mystery boxes, I am hoping that eventually a cheat code will appear, as it has for most other mystery boxed or bagged product. I have collected a few mystery-packed lines over the years and in most cases there has been a way to defeat the surprise element. I've seldom had to do a lot of over-buying to get what I need. Usually it's a discrete code somewhere on the packaging, or you can feel or weigh the items to determine what's what. Feeling ain't possible with boxed items an weighing is far from ideal in a retail situation, so fingers crossed for a code. Alternately, buying by the case sometimes ensures full sets, depending on how they are packed at the factory and what frequency the very rare craft are sprinkled into the line. Time will tell.

Reaction score
Also, another observation... I think the term "scale" is being used lightly with this line. Like maybe the ships are in scale, but the proportions on at least some are definitely off. As the X-wing nose is far too short when compared to movie images. And also the AT-ST doesn't look big enough to fit two of those pilots side by side in the cockpit. I mean the action fleet AT-ST only had one seat to be fair, but the size of the AT-ST head was still big enough to scale to the impression of two fitting in there.

There's modeler's scale and toy scale. The vehicles are set to a more ambiguous scale around 1" figures - similar to Hasbro's "feels good scale" for ships and vehicles - but definitely not to an actual scale.

Which is fine. As long as everything kind of looks okay together, that's all I can really hope for. Even as a kid, I was disappointed the larger Action Fleet ships were tiny in comparison to meet their size constraints on vehicles.

I'm glad to see they're making multiple classes of vehicle sizes so that we actually get large ships that are large, even if they don't fully scale with the other classes.

Usually I'm more pessimistic or cautiously optimistic at most about these sort of product launches, but Hasbro has starved us of Star Wars toys that it feels like I'm staring at a massive buffet.

Reaction score
There's modeler's scale and toy scale. The vehicles are set to a more ambiguous scale around 1" figures - similar to Hasbro's "feels good scale" for ships and vehicles - but definitely not to an actual scale.

Which is fine. As long as everything kind of looks okay together, that's all I can really hope for. Even as a kid, I was disappointed the larger Action Fleet ships were tiny in comparison to meet their size constraints on vehicles.

I'm glad to see they're making multiple classes of vehicle sizes so that we actually get large ships that are large, even if they don't fully scale with the other classes.

Usually I'm more pessimistic or cautiously optimistic at most about these sort of product launches, but Hasbro has starved us of Star Wars toys that it feels like I'm staring at a massive buffet.
Yes that's true! And I guess as long as people get what they want from it 🙂

I was a teenager when action fleet came out, so only really used mine for display. And then as an adult, I've kind of took the size differences and used them to mix and match with Hotwheels, Titaniums, Deagostini and Micro machines. For example the Titanium skiff scales so nicely to the Action Fleet Sail barge (See photo)... I just need to paint up some n-gauge figures as skiff guards at some point.

I actually think the Action Fleet X-wings beat out these new ones, they look almost like the cinema scene together (See photo), whilst the new ones look too plasticy and stumpy.

But other than that, there's lots to like on the other ships and vehicles. The Tie fighters might be better proportioned than the Action Fleet.

Hahah, oh I know what you mean!! I used to love the Hasbro toyfair reveals each year, and then gradually watching them make it over to retail. Then those years leading up to the Force awakens, it just wound down and then died. Then it was never the same when it came back with higher pricing and lack of accessories. I barely collect anything Hasbro anymore, and this does indeed feel like a massive star wars buffet!! 😃

Attachments

• IMG_6813.jpg
    IMG_6813.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7077.jpg
    IMG_7077.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 64
Reaction score
I always hated the action fleet x wing, even as a kid. The fuselage shape is so wrong it hurts.

These new ones do look too stumpy in some photos, but in others they look pretty good. Will be interesting to see in-hand pics and videos. The cockpit canopy is definitely over sized but the overall shape seems like it *might* be better? It’s hard to be worse than the action fleet X-wing.

Overall I think this line has lots of potential and I hope it succeeds. They’re definitely coming out of the gate swinging, which is a refreshing and exciting way to start a new line!

Reaction score
1 in 15,000 for the Outland Tie? Is that level of rarity common for chase collectables like this?

It depends, but 5,000-10,000 seems fairly common for more casual collectible toys.

15,000 is a lot, though. That one might be a little harder to obtain because of The Mandalorian's popularity but it's still a good amount.

Reaction score
The Outland TIE, or Gideon's Tie Fighter was one of the few I wanted to buy...and it's gotta be a chase! Ugh!! I hope these aren't blind boxed

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wait, they made Gideon’s folding wing TIE a chase variant? And it’s only 1 in 15,000?! Surely that’s a mistake. What on earth are they thinking?! Does anyone have a source for this info?

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Reaction score
1 in 15 000 is an insane number, though. To put that in perspective, some more niche toys might only have a run size of 15 000, or fewer. It suggests that there must be vast numbers of these toys being produced, otherwise there would only be at most maybe a few dozen Outland TIEs in existence. That can't be the case. My suspicion is that the ratio might be incorrect, especially if that's only a rare variant. If that's true, what consitutes super rare???

Reaction score
1 in 15 000 is an insane number, though. To put that in perspective, some more niche toys might only have a run size of 15 000, or fewer. It suggests that there must be vast numbers of these toys being produced, otherwise there would only be at most maybe a few dozen Outland TIEs in existence. That can't be the case. My suspicion is that the ratio might be incorrect, especially if that's only a rare variant. If that's true, what consitutes super rare???
It's not 1 IN 15,000. It's 1 OF 15,000. Meaning that there are 15,000 of that particular chase. The actual ratio would depend on how many of the common vehicle there is. I assume it would be something like 1:2 or 1:3. So technically the Rare chases are rare compared to the commons, but it looks like they will still be relatively easy to get. The Super-Rare chases look to be 1 of 5,000, which will be a bit harder to acquire, especially for fleet builders like the white TIE Fighter.

Reaction score
It's not 1 IN 15,000. It's 1 OF 15,000. Meaning that there are 15,000 of that particular chase. The actual ratio would depend on how many of the common vehicle there is. I assume it would be something like 1:2 or 1:3. So technically the Rare chases are rare compared to the commons, but it looks like they will still be relatively easy to get. The Super-Rare chases look to be 1 of 5,000, which will be a bit harder to acquire, especially for fleet builders like the white TIE Fighter.
Thanks for the clarification.

I'd rather they didn't do this sort of thing at all, just produce in whatever numbers, don't designate it as a rare or super rare or a chase. I distinctly remember the Ultimate Galactic Hunt figures from Saga2 in 2006, and how horrifically scalper bait they became.

Reaction score

Oooooooohhhhh….. like my wife says; words mean things! Haha. One little word makes a big difference! Still don’t love the chase concept but that’s a lot better than I thought.

Reaction score
I’m just hoping for any of Amidala’s ships. I have the TPM action fleet one but she’s a little banged up. Would love to have all four on screen versions scaled correctly to each other.

Reaction score

Haha! Well, that makes a LOT more sense. :D Thanks for clarifying.

Reaction score
I always hated the action fleet x wing, even as a kid. The fuselage shape is so wrong it hurts.

These new ones do look too stumpy in some photos, but in others they look pretty good. Will be interesting to see in-hand pics and videos. The cockpit canopy is definitely over sized but the overall shape seems like it *might* be better? It’s hard to be worse than the action fleet X-wing.

Overall I think this line has lots of potential and I hope it succeeds. They’re definitely coming out of the gate swinging, which is a refreshing and exciting way to start a new line!
I'm not attacking :) so please don't take this wrong, but I can't see what you found so wrong about it.

I can see obvious deviations from the movie shape, but they are so slight that they blend into my imagination for the ship. But then again that may be my bias.

The cockpit framing looks nicer on the Jazwares version, but the oversized cockpit, short nose, and even the nose cone doesn't look to be sized correctly. And it kinda looks like an anime version of the ship... if that makes sense?

I've put a comparison picture to see them all side by side.... Action fleet, Jazwares, Movie still (Note: I've darkened the jazware to make it easier to compare)

At the end of the day though, it's like MyenShi said about there being scales for collectors and scales for toys; and most toy scales will have some concessions so that they can be handled by kids, include the hinges for action features, size considerations for packaging, whilst being manufactured at a reasonable price point. So I guess it will often come down to which concessions we can live with for any line. 🙂

Attachments

• Micro-Galaxy-Squadron-Luke-Skywalker-s-X-Wing-Loose-1.jpg
    Micro-Galaxy-Squadron-Luke-Skywalker-s-X-Wing-Loose-1.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 51
Reaction score
I'm not attacking :) so please don't take this wrong, but I can't see what you found so wrong about it.

I can see obvious deviations from the movie shape, but they are so slight that they blend into my imagination for the ship. But then again that may be my bias.

The cockpit framing looks nicer on the Jazwares version, but the oversized cockpit, short nose, and even the nose cone doesn't look to be sized correctly. And it kinda looks like an anime version of the ship... if that makes sense?

I've put a comparison picture to see them all side by side.... Action fleet, Jazwares, Movie still (Note: I've darkened the jazware to make it easier to compare)

At the end of the day though, it's like MyenShi said about there being scales for collectors and scales for toys; and most toy scales will have some concessions so that they can be handled by kids, include the hinges for action features, size considerations for packaging, whilst being manufactured at a reasonable price point. So I guess it will often come down to which concessions we can live with for any line. 🙂

The proportions and design of both the Action Fleet and Jazwares definitely make concessions for toys design, but I think they’re both pretty decent for the scale and price point.

They’re definitely different though, and I’m going to take it a step further with a theory. While the Action Fleet X-Wing is based on the OT X-Wing, the Jazwares might be based on the RO version.

There are differences in the OT filming props, Special Edition digital model, the Rogue One digital model, various full sized builds, etc. The Rogue One version is very close to the OT, but I think it has some differences in the proportions and a slightly taller canopy and larger cockpit like the Jazwares toy.

4CFB4E48-F93F-4FB8-B7BB-0485B89D0FD0.jpeg

We didn’t see that with the TVC Blue Leader X-Wing since that’s just a repaint of a very old mold. But Jazwares might be going off the new model if that’s what LFL provided for them for reference. That two of the variants of the X-Wing are Blue Leader and Luke’s from The Mandalorian (presumably a reuse of the RO asset) reinforce that for me.

Again that’s just a theory I’m throwing out and I have nothing to confirm it. But it could explain the differences to the shape of the X-Wing that some people are subconsciously really honing in on, further exaggerated by the toy like proportions.

It also doesn’t help that the pictures of the Jazwares version makes it look like it was cast in an almost pearlescent off white color versus the grey of the Action Fleet. Hopefully it looks good in person.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can see some scalpers going high on a few Lightyear ships already, there will be even more with the rare ones from this line. This is why exclusives are only good for the few, but not the rest of collectors. I'm glad at least I'm not a completist, I only get items I'm truly interested in, no matter if small cheap toys or high end expensive props and helmets. But would have been nice for true collectors to have access to all the items they want in ther collections.

Reaction score
The ships themselves look pretty nice, but having both chase figures and "launch edition" branded packaging both feels a little off-putting to me.

Reaction score
I wouldn't get too worked up over rarity, most of these will have to be produced in large quantities in order to make up the tooling investment, especially on new sculpts. Repaints can be more rare, because they can produce them in small quantities with no real impact on budget constraints. I think 15k of one ship will still result in plenty left on the pegs, if I'm honest - we need to remember some of these small starship assortments that came before, and the crowd that buys them is seemingly much smaller than action figure collectors. We also don't know if kids will be remotely interested, especially at some of these pricepoints. I don't want to be pessimistic, but this whole line could be a slow seller when it hits retail, so I wouldn't get frustrated just yet.

Reaction score
Is it me or does the paint on the body of the X-wing look a little.. bland? Not the red markings, but the main color of the ship.

Not complaining, maybe I'm just so used to my Action Fleet X-wings lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too worked up over rarity, most of these will have to be produced in large quantities in order to make up the tooling investment, especially on new sculpts. Repaints can be more rare, because they can produce them in small quantities with no real impact on budget constraints. I think 15k of one ship will still result in plenty left on the pegs, if I'm honest - we need to remember some of these small starship assortments that came before, and the crowd that buys them is seemingly much smaller than action figure collectors. We also don't know if kids will be remotely interested, especially at some of these pricepoints. I don't want to be pessimistic, but this whole line could be a slow seller when it hits retail, so I wouldn't get frustrated just yet.
Not everyone is in the US where they will be fairly readily available though. It's already difficult enough to collect some things here as from what I've seen there tends to be either poor availability with few shops selling them or, stuff just doesn't get stocked in the first place.

Reaction score
The proportions and design of both the Action Fleet and Jazware definitely make concessions for toys design, but I think they’re both pretty decent for the scale and price point.

They’re definitely different though, and I’m going to take it a step further with a theory. While the Action Fleet X-Wing is based on the OT X-Wing, the Jazware might be based on the RO version.

There are differences in the OT filming props, Special Edition digital model, the Rogue One digital model, various full sized builds, etc. The Rogue One version is very close to the OT, but I think it has some differences in the proportions and a slightly taller canopy and larger cockpit like the Jazware toy.

We didn’t see that with the TVC Blue Leader X-Wing since that’s just a repaint of a very old mold. But Jazware might be going off the new model if that’s what LFL provided for them for reference. That two of the variants of the X-Wing are Blue Leader and Luke’s from The Mandalorian (presumably a reuse of the RO asset) reinforce that for me.

Again that’s just a theory I’m throwing out and I have nothing to confirm it. But it could explain the differences to the shape of the X-Wing that some people are subconsciously really honing in on, further exaggerated by the toy like proportions.

It also doesn’t help that the pictures of the Jazware version makes it look like it was cast in an almost pearlescent off white color versus the grey of the Action Fleet. Hopefully it looks good in person.
Interesting theory, and I think it is definitely a plausible explanation! I didn't know about the different modelling, but that makes a lot of sense, I also noticed that the Hasbo Legacy collection X-wing has a longer nose compared to the newer vintage collection version. So wonder if that is the same cause. Maybe the Jazwares have even taken Hasbro as their reference for some of it.

But yes that off white plastic definitely does not help my perception for the vehicle. I noticed on the dirty X-wing variant... the whole back section including the wings does look really nice with the weathered paint app. Very realistic. But the front still somehow looks plastic and a bit lost. Might just need some washes.

Attachments

• Xwing Luke.png
    Xwing Luke.png
    378.5 KB · Views: 35
Reaction score
Is it me or does the paint on the body of the X-wing look a little.. bland? Not the red markings, but the main color of the ship.

Not complaining, maybe I'm just so used to my Action Fleet X-wings lol.
You're not alone on this, something feels off - I thought it was just the proportions, but looking at the dirty variant shown above. The back does look nicely realistic, but then the front and canopy kind of just float like a layout for a painting that hasn't been worked up yet.

Reaction score
What is the date these are expected in stores? I think these are the Star Wars collectibles I’ve been most excited for in years!
When I preordered the Razor Crest on Amazon, it said August. Not sure on the others but I would assume around the same time.

Reaction score
There are obvious routes for exclusives and chases. Battle damage or unique weathering. Blue and red holographic. Maybe even translucent in the rarer saber colors (purple, yellow) Leaping directly into specific models as chases isn't a good look, and suggests it's going to be harder than usual to convince retailers to carry the line.

I have not be impressed with the handling of Jazwares's micro Fortnite line. You probably wouldn't even know it existed if you weren't looking for it. And this is in direct competition with Hasbro's Mission Fleet which itself has had an uneven retail presence. So many variables before you even get to the toys themselves.

Reaction score
Obi-Wan Kenobi’s Jedi Starfighter at Amazon

Micro-Galaxy-Squadron-Obi-Wan-s-Jedi-Starfighter-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
Micro-Galaxy-Squadron-Obi-Wan-s-Jedi-Starfighter-Carded-3-Resized.jpg

Micro-Galaxy-Squadron-Obi-Wan-s-Jedi-Starfighter-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
Micro-Galaxy-Squadron-Obi-Wan-s-Jedi-Starfighter-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I took a nap and totally missed it. I had no idea there would be anything going up for preorder today.

Reaction score
geez louise, lotta pent-up demand for mini-scaled vehicles I take it. good thing Jazwares has 20 additional years of Star Wars movies/shows to draw from since Galoob/Action Fleet went under.

Reaction score
I love that they went with the Clone Wars version for a change! Almost everyone does the AOTC version, instead. I guess it makes sense otherwise the astromech couldn't be removable, nor could they do an Ahsoka repaint and have it be accurate.
I also think it’s also a sneaky way to promote both Ahsoka and ObiWan and their upcoming tv shows with one ship mold. Most of the line is from the TV shows already, so that seems to be their focus. I bet Blue Leader shows up in Andor!

Reaction score
Interesting that they went with the Clone Wars version with the droid in the center. Wonder if that version shows up in Kenobi,

I would bet that these were designed with the chase variant repaints in mind. The Delta-7B has a lot more repaint potential with the many personalized and unique paint schemes in The Clone Wars versus the limited - and now mostly non-canonical - paint schemes shown for the AOTC Delta-7.

Ahsoka's Delta-7B is already confirmed as a chase variant so I imagine a lot more are coming, both as regular repaints in subsequent waves and as rare/super rare chases.

Reaction score
I wonder if the minifigure’s arms move independently or if they have the same crossbar structure as the Action Fleet figures.
If this line takes off I hope they also do the Battle Packs of figures and playsets. A cantina, trash compactor, Lars Homestead, Vader’s chamber etc. The possibilities are endless.