Jazwares Star wars Micro Galaxy Squadron

Reaction score
Really surprised they're offering a pretty vast line without testing the market first, but overall, it looks like a nice selection of ships & vehicles. My only real concern are the high prices on top and bottom of the classes. $45 for the Falcon makes it seem like more of a collectible and less of a toy, which will impact gift givers picking up something like this. I also think the basic 1-inch speeders for $6 seem way inflated next to MM 3-packs that were $5. I have mixed feelings for sure, glad the void is being filled, but don't know what the consumer response will be with these prices. Can't say I'm a "collect them all" guy, but I'll certainly check them out - Ventress and her fanblade is my most wanted piece that was revealed.

Reaction score
Outstanding! What an awesome new generation reimagining of the Action Fleet concept. And they all look stunning. I am most interested in the little mystery box models. Very keen to see exactly what's in the assortment, beyond what we could determine from earlier photos, and exactly how big they are. I am hoping they are closer to MMs than Titaniums. Gotta hand it to Jazwares for coming out such a substantial launch line-up. It's super bold of them! There's a huge investment in tooling here.
I'd imagine that these will be bigger than micro machines, as the figures are 1inch high, so to keep in scale with that, I'd place these at the size of the Action Fleet speeder bikes, give or take a small amount for true scale this time. So definitely quite a bit smaller than Titanium.

darth_sidious:
I also think the basic 1-inch speeders for $6 seem way inflated next to MM 3-packs that were $5. I have mixed feelings for sure, glad the void is being filled, but don't know what the consumer response will be with these prices.
I was thinking that too about the price, $6 does seem a bit much, although I'll give it to them that the detailing is night and day compared to the micro machines....

Attachments

• IMG_1417.JPG
    IMG_1417.JPG
    485.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm very excited. I love my toys in 12" Hot Toys form and 3.75", but there's something about Action Fleet that was very special to kid me.

Even if I had various vehicles when I was younger, Action Fleet allowed for an actual, well, fleet. And I loved the playsets - Yavin IV and the Death Star. I didn't buy Hoth until I was an adult.

Seeing this line has filled me with a sense of excitement for toys and wonderment I haven't felt in a while. It's a little concerning to see there's going to be a fair number of chase variants and potential exclusives since that makes things annoying, but I'll take it if it means getting what looks to be a very broad line.

Reaction score
Wow. Wow. It's pretty much what I hoped it was. Slightly more detailed figs would be nice, but jeepers. Preordered the falcon, Razorcrest preorders are down, but once they're back up I'll hit that one too. Jazwares doesn't seem to have the distribution woes hasbro does, from what I've seen of their other lines. So I'm hopeful they'll be plentiful and easy to walk in to a store and thumb through on the pegs. I'm afraid I'm going to have a hard time not buying almost everything. August can't get here soon enough!

Reaction score
Found a better picture of the scout class...

Looks like wave 1 is:

Ashoka
Biker Scout
Darth Maul
Clone on AT-RT
Mandalorian

And some rare and super rare chases from the sounds of it.

The figures are removable too; and it comes with a flight stand.

But they are blind boxed :cautious: if they are $6 each, that's definitely not good.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
Reaction score
I'd imagine that these will be bigger than micro machines, as the figures are 1inch high, so to keep in scale with that, I'd place these at the size of the Action Fleet speeder bikes, give or take a small amount for true scale this time. So definitely quite a bit smaller than Titanium.

I was thinking that too about the price, $6 does seem a bit much, although I'll give it to them that the detailing is night and day compared to the micro machines....

Yeah, the figure detailing looks much improved, and they're removable, which is a plus. I just don't think the perceived value will be there for such a tiny item. Not to mention the blind boxes, which will push away collectors like me - I went from maybe, to forget it when I read the details about that class. I think the $12.99 range will probably be the best value.

Reaction score
Yeah, the figure detailing looks much improved, and they're removable, which is a plus. I just don't think the perceived value will be there for such a tiny item. Not to mention the blind boxes, which will push away collectors like me - I went from maybe, to forget it when I read the details about that class. I think the $12.99 range will probably be the best value.
Totally agree on this; it's smaller than Hotwheels, not diecast, and can't even pick the vehicle/character or prevent doubles. And yet for the same price as Hotwheels. Here's hoping the pricing is wrong.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Here's the full list that Yakface and others have uncovered thus far including known chase variants.

SCOUT CLASS (Blind Mystery Box) - MSRP $6.99
Speeder Bike w/ Scout Trooper
Speeder Bike w/ Scout Trooper (Mandalorian)
Speeder Bike w/ Ahsoka Tano
Speeder Bike w/ The Mandalorian
Speeder Bike w/ Cobb Vanth
Bloodfin w/ Darth Maul
AT-RT w/ Clone Trooper

LIGHT ARMOR CLASS - MSRP $12.99
AT-ST
AT-ST Raider – RARE CHASE (1 of 15,000)
Asajj Ventress’s Ginivex Starfighter

STARFIGHTER CLASS - MSRP $16.99
Darth Vader’s TIE Advanced
TIE Fighter (Grey)
TIE Fighter (White) – SUPER RARE CHASE (1 of 5,000)
Outland TIE Fighter – RARE CHASE (1 of 15,000)
Luke Skywalker’s Snowspeeder
Luke Skywalker’s X-wing Fighter (Red Five)
Luke Skywalker’s X-wing Fighter (Red Five) Aged – SUPER RARE CHASE
X-wing Fighter (Blue One) – SUPER RARE CHASE
Kom’rk Class Mandalorian Starfighter
Obi-Wan Kenobi Delta 7B Jedi Starfighter
Ahsoka Tano’s Delta 7B Jedi Starfighter – RARE CHASE

TRANSPORT CLASS - MSRP $22.99

Imperial Trooper Transport – Walmart Exclusive
Armored Assault Tank

STARSHIP CLASS - MSRP $29.99
Razor Crest – Amazon Exclusive ??
Razor Crest (Arvala-7) – Walmart Exclusive
Slave I – Walmart Exclusive ??

ASSAULT CLASS - MSRP $44.99

Millennium Falcon

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found a better picture of the scout class...

Looks like wave 1 is:

Ashoka
Biker Scout
Darth Maul
Clone on AT-RT
Mandalorian

And some rare and super rare chases from the sounds of it.

The figures are removable too; and it comes with a flight stand.

But they are blind boxed :cautious: if they are $6 each, that's definitely not good.

$6 is not too bad for this day and age. I think they'll be a little more substantial than they seem; especially something like the AT-RT.

I wish they were all army builders so it'd be okay to get doubles of any. I'd probably order a case from EE and hopefully call it a day.

Reaction score
$6 is not too bad for this day and age. I think they'll be a little more substantial than they seem; especially something like the AT-RT.

I wish they were all army builders so it'd be okay to get doubles of any. I'd probably order a case from EE and hopefully call it a day.
I guess if it translates to the UK equivalent price - so around £4.50 that might be ok to pick up some key bits, if I can somehow peek in the box. But lately most companies just swap the Monetary sign so $6 to £6 or even worse make the UK price even higher; which would not be worth it for me.

Reaction score
Cheers for the deets and pics, guys! Holy return of Action Fleet, Batman! 🦇

I too am looking forward some of the stuff (Imp. troop transport & Ventress fighter, in particular) and I'm glad there's gonna be something for everyone, from MM up to AF scales. Of course, I'm hoping there are Titanium scaled things, like the old AF Battle Packs.

All in all, quite encouraged, hope everybody supports it. :cool:

Reaction score
I guess if it translates to the UK equivalent price - so around £4.50 that might be ok to pick up some key bits, if I can somehow peek in the box. But lately most companies just swap the Monetary sign so $6 to £6 or even worse make the UK price even higher; which would not be worth it for me.

That is a good point. I always feel for collectors in the UK, Europe, Australia, etc. Sometimes the pricing feels so arbitrary on top of having to pay VAT and various fees if you buy from abroad.

And yeah lately it feels like the companies got too lazy to do actual conversions so it's the same number across the board. Guess they're just trying to avoid the volatility of conversion rates or something.

Hopefully they won't cost more than they're worth for you. Since the vehicle has to be big enough to support a 1" figure, I do think they'll be more to them than just a micro vehicle like the Micro Machine blind bags Hasbro had a few years ago.

Reaction score
I'm very excited to see how these mini-figures scale with the Action Fleet ships and figures. At one inch, I would imagine these would be compatible with the AF vehicles.

Also, can someone explain what the "chases" mean?

Reaction score

I first heard of it in reference to those Japanese gashapon ship lines where a Chase item is a rarer ship randomly packed into cases (i.e. an added Klingon Bird of Prey in Konami's Trek line). Typically, chases are part of "blind box" lines but not always.
Johnny Lightning's White Lightning paintjobs are another example.

Reaction score
I'm very excited to see how these mini-figures scale with the Action Fleet ships and figures. At one inch, I would imagine these would be compatible with the AF vehicles.

I first heard of it in reference to those Japanese gashapon ship lines where a Chase item is a rarer ship randomly packed into cases (i.e. an added Klingon Bird of Prey in Konami's Trek line). Typically, chases are part of "blind box" lines but not always.
Johnny Lightning's White Lightning paintjobs are another example.

Basically, yeah, though it's become more prevalent in collectible action figure and toy lines than just blind boxes.

A chase is a variant of a regular item - usually just a repaint - randomly inserted into case assortments. So when you see a bunch of these vehicles on the shelves, one of them might be a rare variant. But usually they get hunted down to be resold because they're worth more due to being rare.

I don't like them in toys, but it does help to get some people excited and motivated to buy more so I get why they do it. Just becomes an inconvenience for collectors though, especially if you’re a completionist.

If you order online from someplace like Amazon or Target, you may randomly get a chase variant instead if you're lucky.

Comic book stores or online specialty shops like BBTS will usually pull the chase variants from their shipments and sell them separately at a higher price. BBTS is pretty reasonable compared to eBay but some places can mark them up a lot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
f68b333cfa4d647eb25ce327c76408fa.jpg

07159d31c5aa73fac7c52064594f1447.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Do I see what I think I see in the pictures above?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Do I see what I think I see in the pictures above?

That’s a good guess. Looks like it. We only know of 5 in the set of 8 so far, though we don’t know what the count is with variants.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a STAP in there. Seems like a good fit for it.

Reaction score
Yep, Cobb's speeder was the speculation a few posts back, too, when the picture first surfaced. Looks pretty definitive to me. I suspect this must be one of the rarer chase subjects of the Scout-class in wave. That shows eight vehicles in the assortment, so subtracting the five that we know about, it suggests that the remainder are chases, including Cobb's. Hard to tell what the others are. A STAP would certainly be a logical guess, I reckon. There are certainly plenty to choose from in the movies, and series. High hopes for a second wave.

Reaction score
Yep, Cobb's speeder was the speculation a few posts back, too, when the picture first surfaced. Looks pretty definitive to me. I suspect this must be one of the rarer chase subjects of the Scout-class in wave. That shows eight vehicles in the assortment, so subtracting the five that we know about, it suggests that the remainder are chases, including Cobb's. Hard to tell what the others are. A STAP would certainly be a logical guess, I reckon. There are certainly plenty to choose from in the movies, and series. High hopes for a second wave.

We won’t know for sure till we see more of the box or display case but I have a feeling there’s going to be 8 regular vehicles to collect including Cobb’s bike and 2 others now shown yet. And then any number of chase variants of those on top of that. So the entire wave will likely be a few more than 8 including all the variants.

The picture of the case @MarkJediWanderer posted (I cropped it below) has a picture of a 74-Z Speeder Bike where it calls out the rare and super rare chase variants.

Unless it’s just a randomly chosen graphic, my guess would be the white 74-Z from The Mandalorian might be one of them. Different legions for the AT-RT would be an easy one as well.

17BD0B47-2E1A-4CF5-9F01-209445E3E08A.jpeg

It looks like this is going to be a chase variant heavy line for sure to try to get collectors hooked. It’s a dirty tactic, but an effective one. If that’s what it takes in this era to make toys like this, it’s not ideal but so be it.

Reaction score
That is a good point. I always feel for collectors in the UK, Europe, Australia, etc. Sometimes the pricing feels so arbitrary on top of having to pay VAT and various fees if you buy from abroad.

And yeah lately it feels like the companies got too lazy to do actual conversions so it's the same number across the board. Guess they're just trying to avoid the volatility of conversion rates or something.

Hopefully they won't cost more than they're worth for you. Since the vehicle has to be big enough to support a 1" figure, I do think they'll be more to them than just a micro vehicle like the Micro Machine blind bags Hasbro had a few years ago.
Yes the import costs for the last few Hot wheels vehicles was a wounder!! 😭 Haha, so actually secretly happy to have a break from that; although also super hoping that this Jazwares line is distributed here to avoid more of the same.

Also just reading the chase convo... just wanted to add that The "Super treasure hunt" on Hotwheels is a chase item 🙂 but I think first time I heard the term chase item was for trading cards.

Back on the scout class; now that I have seen that they are the same figures that simply sit onto the speederbikes etc, I am thinking the main image provided by Jazwares for the Speederbike is a prototype, as the paint app looks way better than the figures shown with the other vehicles. And the speederbike on the side of the main box for the blind boxes, also looks a bit different than the main product photo of the speederbike. Also the biker scout hands seem moulded onto the handle bars on the product shot. I know from action fleet that the hands used to be a lot more visibally separate. It might be angles and lighting so we will have to see though.

Also, another observation... I think the term "scale" is being used lightly with this line. Like maybe the ships are in scale, but the proportions on at least some are definitely off. As the X-wing nose is far too short when compared to movie images. And also the AT-ST doesn't look big enough to fit two of those pilots side by side in the cockpit. I mean the action fleet AT-ST only had one seat to be fair, but the size of the AT-ST head was still big enough to scale to the impression of two fitting in there.

Finally, new blurb reveals that the interior of the Razor crest has the carbonite freezing chamber with a Mythrol carbonite block. And also the armoury with his weapons too; probably all moulded in, but still a nice inclusion!!

"The Starship Class Razor Crest is a 7-inch pre-Empire assault craft and Mandalorian Din Djarin’s preferred ship. The Razor Crest features an opening cockpit, side door, and rear boarding ramp; a removable roof, engine, and side panels; a carbon freezing chamber with a Mythrol carbonite block; a detailed armory; and retractable landing gear. The vehicle also includes articulated 1-inch Mandalorian, Greef Karga, and Grogu micro figures — compatible with any Star Wars Micro Galaxy Squadron craft. "

Reaction score
Shoot those look REALLY nice. Had to order the Razor Crest.

Reaction score
Will these be in stores? If so my kids might go in for them. They love their collection of used Action Fleet.

Reaction score
I hope they will be available in Europe. At least on Amazon with shipping to Europe.

The things I'm mostly interested in are the ships and vehicles that are not made yet in the Action Fleet line, like the TIE Fighter with folding wings, the troop transport, Razor Crest, Jedi fighter, etc.

Will definitely pass on sealed blind boxes, I'd rather pay a tad more for an opened box to see what figure I'm buying. This is because being from Europe, I always have to take shipping into consideration.

Reaction score

Is that Ahsoka with a speeder bike??! The more I see the more I want!

Reaction score
Sweet. Especially looking forward to things like Asajj Ventress fighter. Really hoping they will put a strong focus on AOTC, ROTS, TCW and Rebels in the early waves, so we've got the bases covered that Hasbro didn't in the early to mid 2000s.

Has anyone spotted a high-res image of the Falcon's interior?

Also, do we have proof if the figures slightly larger, like the Star Wars Transformers mini-figures were?

Reaction score
Sweet. Especially looking forward to things like Asajj Ventress fighter. Really hoping they will put a strong focus on AOTC, ROTS, TCW and Rebels in the early waves, so we've got the bases covered that Hasbro didn't in the early to mid 2000s.

Has anyone spotted a high-res image of the Falcon's interior?

Also, do we have proof if the figures slightly larger, like the Star Wars Transformers mini-figures were?
The Yahoo article says the figures are 1” tall. Same as Action Fleet.

Reaction score
Just an FYI: seems that some of the ships/vehicles are Walmart exclusives (i.e. Imp. troop transport, Slave I, Razor Crest (Arvala)) while the standard Crest is an Amazon exclusive. Luckily for me, the Light Armor Class vehicles seem to be available everywhere, yay!

With regrets, the troop transport and Gideon TIE are gonna be too big for my collection but the 3-inch LAC Ventress fighter, speederbikes, and the AT-STs should be wunderbuns. :)

Reaction score
There’s a lot of interest in this line, so hopefully it’ll be a smash. Lots of play value for the kids and lots of collectability for the rest of us. I’m quite excited and I can’t wait see see how Jazwares expands its range.

Reaction score
I'm glad the waves consist of not only the usual suspects (i.e. Falcon, Slave I, X-wing, Tie Fighter), but there are some interesting inclusions like Ventress's Starfighter. That's the kind of stuff I'm most interested in. Frankly, I'm bored with the same old, same old, but I understand those are the more popular sellers.