Jawas #24

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Jawas!

No sponser = probably no forum. Find somewhere else to buy the figure from or buy from stores

GNT

Reaction score

Anyway back onto the Jawa figures...

The Photo Archives have been updated with the OTC version of those dirty rotten scoundrels from Tatooine, Jawas from A New Hope. These scavengers have been updated with new paint jobs, making them much more detailed than their previous release.

They really do put the older POTF versions to shame, no signs of them here anyone bought them for army building reasons or just because of the new paint application etc?

Reaction score

GNT said:
They really do put the older POTF versions to shame, no signs of them here anyone bought them for army building reasons or just because of the new paint application etc?
I have. I actually bought two sets of them. For one reason, the paint jobs are so much better that it's almost like you're getting new figures ... and for another reason, one can never truly have too many Jawas, now can one?

GNT

Reaction score

They seem to be pegwarmers here which is a shame since the paint detail on them is amazing! Everybody else finding them at your local stores?

Reaction score

I was in a UK dealer shop and caved in and picked up a damaged pack for £5
(they will retail about £6.99) and are not on general release in the UK yet.

I wasn't planning on buying them but on seeing them in the flesh they looked good so bought them.

Reaction score

The paint job makes them look MUCH better... They actually look like minature versions of the recent 8" releases. I would have preferred a cloth cape as they are "suppose" to be vintage style figures. I have not found them yet, but will pick them up.

Jason West

Uttini
"THE **** DADDY JAWA BOUNTY HUNTER".

Wanted: Jawas of any kind.
Check out My Page and Collection Pics

Reaction score

Have not seen them yet. The only figure that I want to pick up that I haven't seen. I'll wait until I find them in the stores. Hope they are pegwarmers around Portland, OR also.

GNT

Reaction score

The Jawas, Tusken Raiders and the snowtroopers don't seem to be selling well here
I guess if I was to pick up the Sandcrawler at the moment I'd have no trouble obtaining an army of the little critters
Nice detail

Reaction score

Master_Phruby said:
I wonder if the Sandcrawler will come with these painted Jawas or unpainted versions?
The Sandcrawler comes with (unpainted) 1995 POTF versions.

Reaction score

I personally would like to see the VOTC line continued...I think it would be wicked sweet to see the Jawas with more of a Yoda articulation and more realistic and accurate accesories.

Reaction score

Mandalore04 said:
Yeah...the little grimey Jawas are cool, but I gotta agree that the CT one was much better. But these will do nicely for people doing Jawa dios.
But remember, the little kids don't have to know about the CT Jawa

Here is my idea for a perfect jawa. they do it like they did with VOTC yoda with a cloth skirt covering sepratly molded legs underneath and arms like on otc yoda. and a base made to look like tattoine

Reaction score
Re: Jawas (#24)

You know I never saw this 2 pack at all on store shelves!!! I probably would have gotten the set, even though I know I own both of these from the POTF 2 days!!! I like the darker colors!!!

Reaction score

I never saw those either and I would really like to have got them. They would go great with my army of Jawa's.

Reaction score

Oi vey!!
Tell me what is the biggest army you have??? Post a pic would ya!!

Reaction score

I will post more once I get the camera back. I really do not know what my largest Army is I stopped counting along time ago

GNT

Reaction score
No problems finding them here, the Jawas and Tusken Raiders weren't very popular, passed on them since I alrady own them plus we have a better version of the Jawa

Nice army, though they need some modifying

Reaction score
Agreed - very cool Jawa set. You should make some alternate versions of the Jawas though - you could do that easily with just some different paints.

Reaction score
I will change them up once I get finsihed working on my clones. I just need to find the new Sandcrawler marked down so my guys can have a new ride. The original is starting to show its age.

Reaction score
I found a Sandcrawler at "Hastings" on 04/02 they had only one and it was priced at around $55.00 I passed on it!
For after all my wallet had taken a major beating that day!

Reaction score
I have seen them at 3 Hastings in the area for $49 but keep passing because I heard it was not worth that price. Just glad I did not buy it before Thanksgiving when I saw it $70 at hastings in Kansas.

Reaction score
I must have seen ten guys at C3 that bought the exclusive sandcrawler. I didn't see any for under $70 - I think $50 would be a good deal!

Reaction score
How hard were the jawas to find? I scored some at C3, but never found them on the shelves in VA. I would find remains of a case, but never jawas. Just curious about them in different areas...

Jason West

Uttini
"ONE BAD JAWA BOUNTY HUNTER".

Jawa Collection Pics

GNT

Reaction score
Seems people in the US had problems finding the Jawa and Tusken raider... no problems here - they are pegwarmers and in some stores still are!

Reaction score
Weren't these closing on ebay for like $20+ recently? These are some of my favorite OTC rehashes, I found 2 sets last fall, well worth it!

Reaction score
They were going between $12 - $20 at C3, so I guess there were hard to find in some areas. The paint deco looked much better than their original release. Brian's Toys had a good deal on them, so I grabbed them up. To bad the "weathered" look deco did not come with the Sandcrawler...

Jason West

Uttini
"ONE BAD JAWA BOUNTY HUNTER".

Jawa Collection Pics

Reaction score
I never saw the OTC Jawa or Sandpeople in the St. Louis area, but I saw every other figure, though.

Reaction score

I like that you pay the price for one figure and you get 2.

Reaction score

I just recently picked up an extra Jawa to open up. These are awesome figures.