Jawas #24

Reaction score

Jawas are a scavenger species that comb the Tatooine deserts in search of discarded scrap and wayward mechanicals. Using cobbled-together weaponry, they incapacitate droids and bring them to their treaded fortress-homes, immense sand-scarred vehicles known as sandcrawlers. Jawas form an important link in the circle of trade that connects the distant Tatooine communities. They sell their hastily refurbished junk to moisture farmers who are hard-pressed to find a better selection elsewhere. For their shoddy work and vagabond ways, they have a well-earned repoutation as shady tradespeople who cheat the outlander colonists of Tatooine. The Jawas captured R2-D2 and C-3PO as the two droids seaarched for Obi-Wan Kenobi, then sold them to Owen Lars.

These Jawas are from the POTF2 line released on the Orange and Green Card, your thoughts?

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Jawas!

Carded back:

They appear to have spots of silver on the pockets and belts which you can see in the picture above. Is the silver dots worth buying the Jawas again? Food for thought...

Reaction score

I think those are the snaps on the pouches and buckles on the belts painted silver...umm, just a guess...oh yeah and it says that in the post on the front page

I like the look of the repainting on these guys. There are very few of the rehashes I am interested in, but these might make the short list.

Reaction score

Also notice that there isn't a logo (Rebel or Imperial) in the upper left hand corner of the card.

It looks MUCH better this way.

GNT

Reaction score

I was wondering what they'd do when they got to the Jawa - they aren't imperials and aren't part of the rebels. I thought they might have put the yellow logo seen on the Ronto box on the card:

(Click to enlarge)

Reaction score

These look really lame.
Why no cloth capes? I don't get it. The cloth capes, along with the mysterious eyes, are the Jawa's defining characteristics.

The hard plastic (not to mention the transparent thing on the top of the head) make these look ridiculous.
Kenner totally botched the first Jawa (vinyl cape), but soon realized their mistake and turned over to a cloth cape.
Then in '95 they ruined it again, and have yet to correct it.

And another thing... why do they have to make 2 different Jawas? In the movie, Jawas were very uniform. You couldn't tell one from the other.

I am really disappointed with these. I have been waiting for a good modern Jawa for almost 10 years, and it looks like I'll be waiting longer

Andy

GNT

Reaction score

What about the CTC version? It was way better then the 2 pack version from earlier on in the POTF line.

But I do agree I would like to see a cloth version at some point in the future.

Reaction score

The "new" Jawas look great. I was going to pick them up anyway since I didn't get them in the POTF2 days. The molded capes look fine.

Reaction score

I think they should have used 2 of the CT version repainted, but these do look nice and I will definitely get a couple of them to open. Love the army builders.

Reaction score

I wonder if the Sandcrawler will come with these painted Jawas or unpainted versions?

Reaction score

I dont know if jawas are considered either maybe that's why there is now logo but you're right. those logos have got to go

Reaction score

Well the new paint job looks good and I will get a set

however.........

man I hope a cloth cape Jawa(s) turns up in a cloth cape on VOTC packaging

Reaction score

Sweet, repack figures that I'm actually gonna buy. I think the new paint deco looks pretty cool. Hopefully these won't be hard to find, then I can finally build my jawa army.

Reaction score

Yeah...the little grimey Jawas are cool, but I gotta agree that the CT one was much better. But these will do nicely for people doing Jawa dios.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score

Andy_R said:
These look really lame.
And another thing... why do they have to make 2 different Jawas? In the movie, Jawas were very uniform. You couldn't tell one from the other.

Andy
I agree with you on the toy quality, but you may be surprised at how much variation there really is from jawa to jawa. There are different heights, different cloth colors (the tall one has some tan colors) and different pouches/belts. Even the hoods are shaped differently. I wouldn't want 10 jawas with exactly the same sculpt...

Reaction score

Forgot about the CTC version. I have it, but would have bought it again if it was painted all nice.

Reaction score

They should release a variant two pack with the CTC Jawa and the one that came with the Ronto, and spiff em both up like these two. Then we can have a well rounded army of Jawas.

GNT

Reaction score

Cloth would have been better, at least then the Jawas could move

Reaction score

Jawas are cool, as long as they're the 'army-building' types, looks like I'll be getting them.

Here's what I don't get, Hasbro reissues Jawas in a 2-pack but not Ewoks (i.e. OTC Wicket). Ewoks maybe chubby around the cheeks and stomach, but I don't that much different in plastic!

GNT

Reaction score

Yeah they could have put in another generic ewok or something since Logray and Wicket are coming in the Ambush multipack. Thankgod we got 2 Jawas and not 1

Reaction score

Yeah, at least these Jawas give us diorama builders variation... I never got these non-CTC versions in the POTF2 years.

Reaction score

I'm disappointed. I wanted to have the better version. I wanted the ctc jawa. Why did they choose this version. Why did they choose the Buff Vader? Why?

Reaction score

Bounty_Hunter_GNT said:
Yeah they could have put in another generic ewok or something since Logray and Wicket are coming in the Ambush multipack. Thankgod we got 2 Jawas and not 1
Thank the Maker Hasbro didn't issue that single 5-ft scale Jawa!

Reaction score

I like 'em. I havn't got very many Jawas as it stands right now but need more for my Snadcrawler when Hasbro releases it and I can purchase it.

But the new paint lookes nice, makes the purchase more worth while.

GNT

Reaction score

<font color="blue">Wowzer! GH has some loose pictures of the Jawas, it's amazing how much a new paint application adds to these figures. A huge improvement over the last time they were released. The date stamp remains the same.

Check out the pictures here.</font>

Reaction score

infallible said:
The "new" Jawas look great. I was going to pick them up anyway since I didn't get them in the POTF2 days. The molded capes look fine.
ditto

Reaction score

Wow! The new paint app. really transforms the figure. I'm even willing to overlook the elfin-style pointed hood on the smaller jawa for this set now.

Reaction score

****! Those look too good to pass up with the new paint jobs. Only yesterday I was posting about how my OTC was complete at the 7 new figures
And the re-issues are not released here.

Reaction score

I have these on order from EE. All of these look too good to pass up.

Reaction score

You said ****!!

I too can't decide if I really want these. They do look great with that washed out dirt paint job. If only those eye trays on their hoods wouldn't stick out that much....

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
You said ****!!

I too can't decide if I really want these. They do look great with that washed out dirt paint job. If only those eye trays on their hoods wouldn't stick out that much....
Whoops, I hope I don’t get into trouble! In the UK, it’s a much more light-hearted version of the word "a**"

You are right about the eye trays but I’ve paid for them now, so I’ll just have to live with my impulse purchase

GNT

Reaction score

Are they out? has anyone found them in stores?

Reaction score

I think some people have gotten them online but I am not sure about the stores yet.

Reaction score

If you really want them, Cloud City has 'em for 15 bucks.
Scalpers...