Jawas - #20

Utinniii

Reaction score
If anyone is willing to help a Canadian out, I'm looking for a loose set (or 2) to trade. I have some vintage and newish figures. I may be able to get a POTF? Emperor's Royal guard and a smaller newer version. PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

However, if you are patient, I'm making a "blank" 0PA Gonk droid (you can customize it) and trying to figure out if I can cast a Jawa Stovetop droid and Luke's Security droid. I'm also going to make the 3 tier golden Drink stands from Jabba's Palace. (You would be painting them and possibly some easy assembly).
Here are my prototypes. The newer versions will be even better!

Reaction score
Is there anything new about these Jawas from the most recent releases? I think maybe Legacy was last time?

Reaction score
For reference, the original Slave 1 was $16.99 when it was released. The original Landspeeder was $4.99. But I'm not bitter....

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Jawas will be reissued in the black and red box packaging? So far, I've only seen Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Luke in the new boxes...

Reaction score
These Jawas are very well detailed and articulated. This goes to show that Hasbro can release excellent figures when they want to...If only they could translate that energy and attention to detail to the TFA line. The Jawas though are evidence that Hasbro has not compeltely lost it as far as collector oriented figures are concerned.

Reaction score
Finally got around to opening these guys, and…..I wish I would have left them in the package. It's almost impossible to pose them with their guns in their hands because of their bulky bandoliers and the fact that their hands pop off ridiculously easy.

Not happy with these guys at all. :(

Reaction score
Finally got around to opening these guys, and…..I wish I would have left them in the package. It's almost impossible to pose them with their guns in their hands because of their bulky bandoliers and the fact that their hands pop off ridiculously easy.

I'm sure if you offered them up for trade or sale on RS, you'd quickly find someone that would gladly take them off your Hands. At least you could get something or some Money that might turn your frown into a smile.:)

Reaction score

You got a bad batch then I bought my third set and have zero issues. This wave was a great high note to end the BS. I agree with the comment this set shows there is potential and care left at Hasbro.

Reaction score

It's your figures but I don't understand the logic as they're not holding the guns in the packaging so why should it bother you if they can't hold them whilst out of packaging? These figures are great displayed in a cantina diorama and they are seldom if ever seen with weapons anyway. Damn shame you got some inferior product...

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Jawas will be reissued in the black and red box packaging? So far, I've only seen Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Luke in the new boxes...
Sorry, friend. There will be no more Jawas, in their little red rags. There will be no more packages, boxes, or bags. All the Whos down in Whoville will...

Ah, where was I?

The Black Series is continuing with those three figures you mentioned, and then there will be more waves of 3, the first of which is Yavin Ceremony Leia, First Order Stormtrooper, and Kylo Ren. From there each wave is comprised of three figures from The Force Awakens, with an occasional OT repack, nothing too important though.

So it's not all bad news! But our super articulated heyday this is not.

Reaction score
I'm sure if you offered them up for trade or sale on RS, you'd quickly find someone that would gladly take them off your Hands. At least you could get something or some Money that might turn your frown into a smile.:)
Anyone want these for the $15 I paid for them and they're yours!

:)

Reaction score
You got a bad batch then I bought my third set and have zero issues. This wave was a great high note to end the BS. I agree with the comment this set shows there is potential and care left at Hasbro.
Agreed, these two little b*st*rds are flat out awesome

Ty

Reaction score
OK I'm finally on board, thanks to Jedimasterc I finally snagged these guys as well as Boushh and Mosep. What fab figures, they're just flawless! Obviously lots of folks have bit the 5POA bullet and lots are even singing their praises but looking at these figures, all I can say, these are what SW figures SHOULD be. Absolutely beautiful.

Hope these Jawas see re-release, maybe with a paint variation/running change. If all jawas looked like this going forward you better believe I'll pick em up every time. That said I'm chuckling a lurks here.... besides those animated Jawas, I've never actually skipped one yet. I just want consistency.

GNT

Reaction score
Can never have enough Jawas of any shape or form. I'm keeping my eyes open for a pack or 2 more.

Reaction score
Why? They're readily available on Amazon and eBay for the usual $10-15 retail price.
Please see Posts #425 and #427 for the answer.;)

There are more than enough People here at RS that might be looking for These, but don't want to order online or prefer trading. Also, like GNT said, you can never have enough Jawas and These are great.

I should also add that my post wasn't based on a specific Price.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Can never have enough Jawas of any shape or form.
I'm putting that to the test! I love these new guys!!!

Remember I said I wanted Lazy Ski-mask Jawa Extra and Even Lazier Jawa Robot Handler?

And one in a Jar-Jar Hoodie?

And I could make a dozen or so for less than cost of the new Jawas?

(Chewie, I'm still lookin'!)

Reaction score
These Jawas truly are fantastic. Added another pair to my collection recently.

Reaction score
I received these in the mail from Amazon late last week, and they truly are amazing!! Unfortunately due to the price ($14) they'll also probably be my last SA 3.75" purchase until Hasbro finds a way to bring the price back down.

Reaction score
well Jawas are pretty popular even for action figures. Thats why they're a little higher than any other figure whether alien or human.

Reaction score
We still haven't gotten a Jawa on a modern TVC Card. Yeah, I forgot about that. Those would be a big hit for Hasbro. So simple, repack the Jawa or Jawas on TVC Cards=instant hit.

Reaction score
Yes, the TBS Jawas are great - I remember getting two sets (4 in all) of these last summer. The fact that there were two to a card took the sting away (somewhat) of the at-the-time higher price point. I also like how each one looks slightly different - since none of the Jawas in the film looked exactly alike either.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Canadians!! Jawa wave at winners!!!!!

RUN to Winners (and I guess Marshels) and check for the Jawa wave (7.99). I've been checking 3-4 times a week and suddenly they are here. I went to 6 stores in my area (bought 3 of the 9 figures I saw. 3 had the remains of the wave. The most figures I saw was 4 (2 had fallen under the rack and were on the floor).

I'm guessing they are selling fast so the 3 that didn't have any might have sold out already.
I found a 3-PO and 2 Jawas. I passed on Duch, Boush, Chewie and a red Clone. I was hoping for Mosep, but I customized 2 already so, no real loss there.
They were mostly near the cash, but also in the kids section.
Good hunting!!

Reaction score
Agreed. I'll go one farther and state that the only soft goods I love are those that are made of the gauze-like material, from the Vintage collection Tusken Raider and from Hermi Odle. Those take the water treatment perfectly.

Water-treated on left, out-of-package on the right.

After water treatment.
That Tusken Raider looks really cool! Is that from 'The Saga Collection'?