Jawas - #20

Reaction score
All I have to say for these are wow! I didn't really expect too much from them, but these Jawas are fantastic. Easily some of the best TBS figures to date.

Reaction score
SA Jawas are needed for Street scenes and Jabba's Palace. We need some "hairy arm" variants too. But I would buy a Jawa wearing a Jar Jar hoodie if they sold one.
Jeff Labovitz: "Done! We want to give collectors what they want!"

Utinniii

Reaction score
Well, not really. If you watch the scene, all the rest have glowing eyes and no mouth hole!:p

Reaction score
Back when Lucas had a smaller budget to work with, they used Peter Mayhew to cover multiple alien creatures:

Chewbacca
bantha
7' Jawa

:p

Reaction score
I love these latest two they have given us on the black card. Had to get them online, if I had found more at retail I would have bought more!

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score

You know what's interesting about the Jawa figure color scheme: I watched the entirety of the Tatooine sequence of ANH looking for something, and noticed that all screen Jawas have the same cloak color shade, that of the darker one on the left. I could not find a Jawa with the lighter brown color, only the "vest" of the Jawa that puts the restraining bolt on R2, and another during the purchase scene that has a larger "jacket" over the cloak. But nowhere could I find a cloak the color of the taller Jawa from this 2-pack (similar color to the Commtech version). If you see it in the film, let us know!

Edit: here's an example of what I was talking about:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really feel as this release was a homage to the POTF2 Jawa two-pack we got back in the day. I agree with you Daigo_Bah, I've only ever seen the one dark color of cloak in ANH.

Reaction score
Never noticed it really, but the tall Jawas are a good 4'11, 5'0" tall. I think somebody posted a B&W pic of Anthony with two teens as Jawas in another thread. The "Giant Jawas" were probably them.

kk1

Reaction score
Never noticed it really, but the tall Jawas are a good 4'11, 5'0" tall. I think somebody posted a B&W pic of Anthony with two teens as Jawas in another thread. The "Giant Jawas" were probably them.
If you mean the pic the pic I posted those were Gary Kurtz' little girls and were around age 6 and 9.

kk1

Reaction score
Anthony Daniels is 5'9"

Besides Jack Purvis who played the Jawa negotiating with Uncle Owen, I think all the other Jawas were children.

kk1

Reaction score
When you see them all lined up the tall ones aren't really that tall, except when compared to the really short ones.

kk1

Reaction score

You know what's interesting about the Jawa figure color scheme: I watched the entirety of the Tatooine sequence of ANH looking for something, and noticed that all screen Jawas have the same cloak color shade, that of the darker one on the left. I could not find a Jawa with the lighter brown color, only the "vest" of the Jawa that puts the restraining bolt on R2, and another during the purchase scene that has a larger "jacket" over the cloak. But nowhere could I find a cloak the color of the taller Jawa from this 2-pack (similar color to the Commtech version). If you see it in the film, let us know!
It's difficult to see on film but this photo of Jack Purvis and Gark Kurtz's daughters shows the girls cloaks are slightly a different shade of brown, Jack's looks darker but that doesn't appear to be the outer cloak you would see on film.

Hasbro seems to have gone way beyond that subtle difference.

kk1

Reaction score
Kid jawas (I think this is from the R2 capture scene, they must have got some older kids for the sandcrawler scene)

Reaction score
Hi!! I am looking for a sealed case of 12 x Black Series 3.75" Jawas. Anyone with any leads or know how of how I can get my hands on a sealed case? Many thanks!

Reaction score
Hi!! I am looking for a sealed case of 12 x Black Series 3.75" Jawas. Anyone with any leads or know how of how I can get my hands on a sealed case? Many thanks!
I'm not sure in which universe you might find those, certainly not the milky way ? Good luck with that !

Reaction score

Simon,

Good to see you posting again and congrats on Fatherhood.. :D

The Black Series Jawas come one per case, so I am not personally aware of any sealed cases. However, Entertainment Earth might be your best bet, though the case might be custom made. Good luck my friend.

Reaction score
Why does it need to be a sealed case? Sealed single figure cases are pretty rare. I've only gotten one (LOTR Prologue Elf), but I just wanted a bunch of them.
You can buy 12 Jawas from BBTS 2015 Star Wars 3.75" Black Series 02 - Jawas - Star Wars 2013-2015 Star Wars Star Wars Black 3.75" 2014-2015
You can add up to 24 to your cart, and they have been pretty accurate with their available inventory. I only got 3 of these since I already over a dozen Jawas.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Love this pair of figures. Hasbro still manages a gem once in a while; these two are beautifully sculpted, with 2 weapons each! That's quite a deal in the minimalist era of Hasbro production. Heck, the same wave has Han and his carbonite block!

Reaction score
Got these TBS Jawas figures from Amazon. Excellent figures! These are two of my favorite Jawas from the modern line.

They were more than I wanted to pay, but since I really wanted them & don't know if I'll be able to get them @ retail, I figured they were worth the $. And, I'm not going to be collecting TFA at all...

Reaction score
I caved in and ordered these two along with the rest of the OT figures (minus Threepio) from the last wave or 2 at about double retail. I just didn't want to miss them and I'm worried the retailers in my area might not be getting much more stock before the TFA push. Can hardly wait for them to arrive! If I do see them in the wild I'll probably grab another pair.

Reaction score
And….they arrived! Really like them, only complaint that I think was mentioned a while back is the inability to hold the rifle with two hands. Has anyone had any luck with this? Looks impossible to me so far. But yeah, seems like a bit of a steal considering how big the taller Jawa is. It really does feel like 2 figures for the price of 1!

Reaction score
I got these guys a couple days ago from my local Walmart. Nice to finally be able to get something new from there. Hasbro put most of the money for this wave into the Jawa two pack. Great sculpting and to get a couple extra accessories was nice as well.

Reaction score
Love the new Jawa sculpts - this is the first TBS figure from the last two waves that I feel is actually worth the $13 pricepoint. Love the color and accessory variation as well as the updated hood sculpts - especially after the last 3 Jawas all sported the same head. I'm very satisfied with the Jawa offerings now - the only reason I think they'd ever need to update them is if they decided to do Kenner style Jawas with softgoods cloaks - I'd buy that 2-pack as well.

Reaction score
Picked these guys up from Walmart last week and I'm really happy with them. The little Jawa feels like an update of the vintage Kenner Jawa (without the cloth robe, obviously) and the larger Jawa looks like an update of the 1996 POTF2 Jawa. So this set is hitting more than one of my nostalgia buttons.

Overall, the only toys from the last waves of TBS that actually appear to be worth the $12.83 pricetag. Probably because you're only paying about $6.41 per Jawa.

A part of me would still like to see Hasbro attempt a full-cloth robe on the Jawa, but I know that they would just cheap out on the materials yet again and we'd end up with an "inflated balloon" Jawa instead.

Reaction score
I finally got around to opening these today, and I was wondering if anyone has figured out if either of these Jawas is molded after a specific Jawa in the film. I *think* the bigger one is supposed to be the lead Jawa who talks to Owen.

Reaction score
The holster with the big gun in it reminds me of the jawa that runs up to Luke's speeder right when they get into Mos Eisley.

Reaction score
Just opened up the jawas I found at Walmart today, have to say I'm pleased.
The sculpts are solid, I love they way their hoods look in particular. Plus the texture on the robes is fantastic. I'm tempted to add a paint wash to them. The articulation is limited but there's just enough in the arms and neck to work. Including 2 guns each was also a nice addition. Despite hasbro's penny pinching I think they have a winner with this set.

Reaction score
I haven't brought myself to open them yet, as I'm not quite sure if I still want that many. Already have all the other releases, and I'm not into army building Jawas. I may decide to use for customs, always have a need for articulated short arms.

Reaction score
Jawas by scarrviper, on Flickr

Best Jawas ever. I did add a paint wash to their robes and I painted their feet (though you cant see them in this shot)

Reaction score
I purchased these yesterday at Walmart. Didn't expect to find anything and there they were on clearance for $7

Reaction score
I've wanted to buy another set of Jawas, but that $13 price tag is such a deterrent. They are easily my favorite from wave 8 though, and that's saying a lot, because I love the whole wave.

Reaction score
Got my figures from BBTS during the week. Here is the tall jawa in the cantina display. I put the shorter one in my Jabba's palace display.

Reaction score
A friend of mine got them and had the head and hand fall off just as someone posted on here earlier. Ughh!