Jawa - VC161

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if this Jawa is slightly darker than the previous Black Collection 2-pack version of the same sculpt? It looks less orange and more brown in a couple pics, which would be more accurate.

Reaction score
I found a couple Jawas at Walmart today (in Toronto). I was hoping to find Leia too, but she was the only one missing from the wave. These guys look great in package.

Ty

Reaction score
Awesome job on that one!

Still hoping for a loose side-by-side of the 3 3/4 Black Series and this TVC one. Is there a hero out there who can get the job done?

Reaction score
Awesome job on that one!

Still hoping for a loose side-by-side of the 3 3/4 Black Series and this TVC one. Is there a hero out there who can get the job done?
From JTA. TVC on left. TBS on right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’s a repack. Come on. But it does give people a chance at TBS if they missed it the first time, plus the card.

Also, great off-world repaint, Tyrannus!

Last edited:

Ty

Reaction score
Ahh yes, a hero among us indeed! Thanks for tracking down the picture! I'm surprised how subtle the difference is as well but it confirms my initial thoughts that I personally don't need this one having bought several of the TBS 2 packs years back (and subsequently on the secondary market) I'm not to bothered since I know they'll be more jawas in the future. Would I have preferred an all-new one with similar sculpting so it'd relatively seamlessly fit in with the others? Of course; I'd have bought a bunch but hey, as always, I'll let my dollars do the talking and keep waiting for the next one(s). They've done lots of Jawas and they mostly all fit together pretty well. The one soft-goods one that came with the security droid I just use in my Jabba's Palace since to me he's kinda there odd man out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They need to work in a variant "Off World Jawa" paint scheme! It could be a chase figure!

Reaction score
So no real difference then, just subtle color variation.
thanks for the pics, Lord Tyrannus! Nice job on that off-world Jawa repaint!

Exactly. Otherwise the same. One thing I love about the 3.75" line: we have gotten so many unique sculpts/figures for jawas, and I love em all! Still really happy they did this carback. Now, lets hope they reduce the bubble and let the pic show better! One can dream

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
I may make an offworld jawa as well using this figure. That is a fine custom.

I'd be buying this figure for the card and to support the line. I can't not buy a Jawa.
It does sting though that I am paying more for half a repack. It also worries me that going forward we won't be getting droid pack ins or a second Jawa.

Reaction score
^ this got me thinking...what if the other jawa from tbs 2 pk will be used later as an off- world jawa in a future wave similar to wave 2 (ie jawa, yavin leia wave) that's basically a repack/ repaint wave.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ this got me thinking...what if the other jawa from tbs 2 pk will be used later as an off- world jawa in a future wave similar to wave 2 (ie jawa, yavin leia wave) that's basically a repack/ repaint wave.

Good thinking. That does seems like a real possibility.

Reaction score
thanks for the pics, Lord Tyrannus! Nice job on that off-world Jawa repaint!...
LOL!!!! I didn't even see LT's awesome repaint when I posted my comment! I saw one of the Off World Jawas at the store today and it gave me that idea! Great work Lord Tyranus!

Reaction score

I'd be buying this figure for the card and to support the line. I can't not buy a Jawa.
It does sting though that I am paying more for half a repack. It also worries me that going forward we won't be getting droid pack ins or a second Jawa.
Don't worry about the pack-ins, now that the Jawa has been checked off the "Original 92" list, I doubt we'll ever see another one released in this scale!

Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind comments! It was nice finding a use for my spare Jawa and knocking out a Mandolorian figure.

Reaction score
The Jawa 2-pack really felt like the grand finale for the character(s), though I'd still buy one in TVC if they gave it softgoods like the Kenner figure. The current release was likely to satisfy carded collectors more than anymore, because for openers, casual fans, kids, git givers, etc - its not exactly a good deal paying $14 for a single Jawa in 3.75 scale. I'm curious to see if it will eventually sell through online and at retail, because that may determine how often Hasbro repacks figures that may have limited interest among carded collectors alone, which I think is an ever diminishing group.

Reaction score
The Jawa 2-pack really felt like the grand finale for the character(s), though I'd still buy one in TVC if they gave it softgoods like the Kenner figure. The current release was likely to satisfy carded collectors more than anymore, because for openers, casual fans, kids, git givers, etc - its not exactly a good deal paying $14 for a single Jawa in 3.75 scale. I'm curious to see if it will eventually sell through online and at retail, because that may determine how often Hasbro repacks figures that may have limited interest among carded collectors alone, which I think is an ever diminishing group.
Fair points all around and you are right: for myself, this cardback is huge.......I'd have taken any Jawa, and a two pack would have meant an even larger bubble and even less actual card pic shown I'm guessing.

A soft goods Jawa in 3.75 needs to happen too

I do wonder how small the 3.75 community is now. As cool as the 6" line is, we are never gonna get too many vehicles, minor variants and the like. Which makes the 3.75 format the best way to go still....at least, to me

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to some Jawa - #**

Also we need better thread titles, Because this thread ain't about Jawas shakin their Booty!

Reaction score
Fair points all around and you are right: for myself, this cardback is huge.......I'd have taken any Jawa, and a two pack would have meant an even larger bubble and even less actual card pic shown I'm guessing.

A soft goods Jawa in 3.75 needs to happen too

I do wonder how small the 3.75 community is now. As cool as the 6" line is, we are never gonna get too many vehicles, minor variants and the like. Which makes the 3.75 format the best way to go still....at least, to me
I think the 3.75 collecting community is still strong, but what I feel has been diminishing are carded collectors that buy figures just to have a certain character on a TVC card. There are still a good number of them out there, but I think their focus is on the OT more than anything, that's why I'm curious to see how well the Jawa does, because it should accurately tell us whether that segment of the hobby remains vital. If so, Hasbro could pretty much repack any OT figure, if they have the buying power. For myself, I open figures, so repacks don't do anything for me, but I'm happy to see the desires others being met, so long as the figure sells well. I'm a loyalist - its 3.75 or bust, which is why I want to see TVC strive with the best ratios Hasbro can offer.

Reaction score

I think this is for the vintage cards. I'm sure the cardbacks do cost a little more to do versus other previous cardbacks. Plus its done to directly match the vintage look. I agree its a hard pill to swallow after getting the 2pks in years past. Those will probably return when other cardbacks are used again. I love TVC cards so I'll easily pick this one up. Understand though for people who are primarily openers.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I went ahead and repainted my two Jawas (the new one and the earlier black collection one) to the proper color, and weathered them a little with some black/brown in their hoods and sleeves:

Reaction score
Nice repaints! I can't decide if I want my Jawas more orange or more brown. The orange ones have a more vintage feel for me, I guess. But the brown ones look more sophisticated. I like yours!

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Those are awesome! I hope the camera flash is adding the semi gloss look to the figures.
Thanks! They are a touch shinier than I’d like, but that pic was moments after I finished painting so they’re glossier here than an hour later. That Purchase of the Droids scene shelf is also out of direct light, so they look better there too!

Reaction score
These are starting to pile up here a little at the 2 local Walmarts.

Reaction score
Unknown if yet reported, I have found a variant sculpt head on this Jawa... in the wild at Walmart, no less. Picked both up, one has eyes straight lined with hood corners, other has eyes crooked with left eye much higher, other slightly lower... its a sculpt difference, in the sculpt itself, not just paint error.

Reaction score
Unknown if yet reported, I have found a variant sculpt head on this Jawa... in the wild at Walmart, no less. Picked both up, one has eyes straight lined with hood corners, other has eyes crooked with left eye much higher, other slightly lower... its a sculpt difference, in the sculpt itself, not just paint error.
That’s an error, not a sculpt variation. The face of the Jawa is a separate piece, like a face plate. Someone at the factory glued it in sideways which is why it looks like one of the eyes is higher than the other. It’s really just turned sideways. You can pop it out with a knife and re-glue it if you want.