Jawa - VC161

GNT

Reaction score
It appears we'll be getting a single carded Jawa in the Vintage Collection. Anyone excited about this figure?

Reaction score
Yes! Both figures actually. Hope I find them tomorrow??

You could almost say he has a vinyl cape :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the original release, so its an easy pass for me, but for a repack and a small figure, both Jawas should have been included. I know carded collectors will be happy, I just don't see the widespread value for other consumers in certain releases like this.

Reaction score
Easy pass for me as I have a ton of Jawas. If it had been the offworl Jawa they're getting in the 6" line, I would have bought several.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I guess I have to buy at least one or surrender my username, but I'm whelmed by this figure. Considering all the droids or second Jawas we've gotten, there isn't anything here except for MIP collectors. If I never see this at retail I won't be bummed.

I'm happy for the carded collectors though.

Reaction score
The figure is nothing to write home about and almost seems too big scale wise compared (generally) with the vintage line. To me, it's about the carded presentation so it's a go for me. Really hope they do a Retro Series Jawa true to the original. For whatever reason Jawa was always a favorite.

Reaction score
I was really enthused for a Jawa release. Especially when the forum reported that a previously reliable rumor monger Stan posted that it was a new sculpt. I was hoping for articulation and soft goods. Instead we get this old cake topper figure on a vintage card. What a crock.

Reaction score
Too bad it's a single pack. We've been spoiled with 2-packs and droid pack-ins over the years. I wish he came with a GONK droid. Oh well. I'll probably still buy one.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Also too bad they used the incorrectly-colored lighter brown version (though he's the larger of the 2) rather than the correct dark brown.

Reaction score
This should have been soft goods all the way. We've never had a modern Jawa with SG, and this was the perfect opportunity for Hasbro to finally do it. SMH. But at least we are finally getting a modern Jawa on a VC card.

Reaction score
The Jawa figure looks ok but is definitely the weakest figure of the wave IMO. Disappointing that it's not a new sculpt after Stan hinted it was. Maybe we're actually getting an Offworld Jawa in a later wave. I'm looking forward to this Jawa figure a bit but I'm a lot more excited for the other figures in this wave.

I'll be honest I'm not a carded collector by any means and usually open my figures. That said TVC is my favourite line and I love the packaging and I'm disappointed with the job done on the Jawa packaging. They definitely could've made the bubble smaller by having the weapons behind the Jawa or have the figure holding the weapons. The bubble shouldn't be over that much of the Jawa image. If the bubble really needed to be that size Hasbro should have moved the Jawa in the card image to the right a bit so it's more in focus in the image IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There are different levels of rumors. Anyway, big pass. Happy for the carded people.

Reaction score
If only they had repainted this. Say, the darker robe colors of the smaller one? Oh well. I'm happy for the folks that have waited years to see it, but as an opener I doubt I will bother buying one.

Reaction score
Is this figure different in any way? Slight repaint? Or straight reissue. I honestly can’t tell.

Reaction score
What have been cool if the would have done a Jabba palace version with the fan. At least a repacked figure would have something new.

Ty

Reaction score
I'd like to set a side-by-side. My understanding is that it's a slight repaint (the color of red-brown plastic is different and the ammo pouches are different too)

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Let's see if we can see:

The sculpt appears to be identical at all points; the color is possibly different but the lighting could be the cause.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The plastic cloak color and the pouch are slightly different shades, but not enough to warrant a purchase in my opinion. Whenever they repack a figure, the color tends to be slightly off from the original, but not a deliberate variation in most cases.

Reaction score
Let's see if we can see:

The sculpt appears to be identical at all points; the color is possibly different but the lighting could be the cause.
Thankyou.

Hasbro, you are knocking these out of the park. This is what true fans have requested for a long time. Thank you for listening.

Reaction score
Except the bubble is too large and covers half the Jawa.

Frustrating to say the least.

Reaction score
Except the bubble is too large and covers half the Jawa.

Frustrating to say the least.
Yeah I would’ve preferred they just slide the Jawa photo over and lose the gun than cover so much of the Jawa to keep the gun in frame. But this is what we’ve got, and it’s not horrible, so I’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ty

Reaction score
I agree though, although I'd still like to see an in-hand side-by-side, judging from these pictures it's not enough to warrant me purchasing this Jawa. I get it, they're able to put something into collector's hands affordably by reusing a sculpt. Personally I REALLY think they should have done an all-new Jawa because as I've said everywhere, here you get half the Jawa for practically twice the price. They should have kit-bashed something here but no! I bought 5 or so packs of the TBS Jawa 2 packs and luckily I use them in different displays because if I didn't, well, they really would be a "clone army". Hopefully they'll be more Jawas in the future but for now, they'll be a few more of this one hanging on the pegs. At least the last few other Jawa releases have also been really great, believe it or not, I'm still using the 1999 Jawa from the Gonk Droid 2 pack, and the ones from the WED Treadwell droid/security droid 2 packs are beauties!

Reaction score
Yeah I would’ve preferred they just slide the Jawa photo over and lose the gun than cover so much of the Jawa to keep the gun in frame. But this is what we’ve got, and it’s not horrible, so I’ll take it.

Haha what a massive difference, whats that Jawa been eating?! He looks like a different scale compared to that shrimp from Kenner. Even repacking the larger of the two TBS Jawas still feels like a rip-off. I would have loved a softgoods cloak like the Kenner figure, and a tiny droid, or an otherwise interesting accessory - a slightly different shade of deco wont get a purchase from me.

Reaction score
I just opened this one up and proceeded to take the rest of my Jawas out of storage and realized I actually didn't already own this sculpt.

So it's new!

For me at least...

Reaction score

I feel the same. Bubble could have been a tad smaller, but still nice.....and FINALLY. About time we got this carback

Reaction score
Reports a showing up as this hitting Targets now, anyone know the DPCI for this on Brickseek?