Jawa (Kenner Deco) - Amazon

GNT

Reaction score
To celebrate 50 years of Lucasfilm Hasbro will be releasing a Kenner Deco Jawa available in may on Amazon:

Who is interested in this figure?

Reaction score
Let's be honest, the reason why the retro Fett sold so well is because Fett is a popular character. I don't see these repaints selling well. I think it's a cash grab by Hasblo. They should be giving us new figures or BAF in the 6 inch line. Not repaints.

Reaction score
Well, that, and he looks good in the Kenner colors and the underlying Kenner sculpt is fairly screen accurate. The Jawa sculpt was pretty screen accurate as well, as were the colors so, unless they release it with a vinyl cape or full cloth robe, I kind of don't get it. Greedo with Kenner colors doesn't make much sense either, as the original Kenner sculpt was way out there. I don't get how Kenner colors on a screen accurate sculpt for Greedo will work.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how these turn out.

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what a Kenner inspired Black Series Jawa will look like. Maybe the cloth cape Mandalorian Jawa recolored in ANH colors?

Let's be honest, the reason why the retro Fett sold so well is because Fett is a popular character. I don't see these repaints selling well. I think it's a cash grab by Hasblo. They should be giving us new figures or BAF in the 6 inch line. Not repaints.
I think the problem is that these particular figures aren't so drastically different as others. Well, Greedo is different for sure, but it would require an all new sculpt to truly capture the look of the vintage Kenner figure. But yeah, more popular characters might sell better: ANH Han Solo with black pants and bright white shirt, Bespin Luke with bright tan outfit, brown boots, black belt, and yellow lightsaber. If Hasbro had the guts to sculpt it, I think a straight up Kenner style blue Snaggletooth would sell well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Jawa is a strange choice. So they will add a Simple Vintage style cloth cape? Vinyl cape? Greedo as well. Just an original repaint on the totally same Black series 6" Greedo as before? That will look very strange. They need to make some very smart decisions on these. A reissue of the ultra rare SDCC Boba Fett in vintage colors would have been a better choice and made everyone happier me thinks. 🤖

Last edited:
Reaction score
A reissue of the ultra rare SDCC Boba Fett in vintage colors would have been a better choice and made everyone happier me thinks. 🤖
He was on a foil card for SDCC. Simply put it on a normal card and the SDCC still has something special about it. Or put it on an ESB card even.

Jawa is an odd choice considering it's been released twice already, one time on a vintage card, and recently got a rehash.

It's a poor figure articulation wise. Definitely other choices I'd rather have.

Reaction score
On the Vintage repaint Boba Fett, even a one of a kind Special Vintage 50th card or even a mail away box. Every single figure they made would sell. I'm all in for anything representing the OT but I would appreciate smart choices. C'mon Hasbro blow me away with something really special. Need some idea's send me an email! 🤖

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Jawa I actually think looks pretty good! Pics up on yakface's instagram. Softgood cloak, including the hood.

bac

Reaction score
Reaction score
I bought 5. I love the look of this Jawa and will look great next to my TVC Jawa.

Man, I feel excited for collecting Black Series in 2021!

Reaction score
Perfect figure, love the vintage Kenner deco i would buy multiple if they were 3.75 inch scale. I don't really mind because this way i can save my budget for the Razorcrest Jawa elders i'll have to pick up at secondary market prices.

Reaction score
This is the only one of these that I PO'd so far. On the fence about Greedo, not interested in Ben.

Reaction score
I gotta have one carded, but I'm all for making my dupes more diverse so I got one to open as well.

Taking the cloth robe off and displaying it like that. I have two of the 40th Jawas, so I'll either sell one or maybe see how the robe looks on it for a third unique look. The orange under the brown robe is accurate to Kenner but kinda silly for me to hide that brighter orange/brown under it. Plus the robe may not clash as much with the darker original figure.

Anyone else expecting a vinyl cape one as a very limited exclusive?

Reaction score
I gotta have one carded, but I'm all for making my dupes more diverse so I got one to open as well.

Taking the cloth robe off and displaying it like that. I have two of the 40th Jawas, so I'll either sell one or maybe see how the robe looks on it for a third unique look. The orange under the brown robe is accurate to Kenner but kinda silly for me to hide that brighter orange/brown under it. Plus the robe may not clash as much with the darker original figure.

Anyone else expecting a vinyl cape one as a very limited exclusive?
yes, I did. Perhaps they do it for the 2021 SDCC?