Jar Jar Binks (TPM) - Ep1 Carded

GNT

Reaction score
According to Yakface.com it’s rumoured we’ll seeing on an Episode 1 card back similar to the Ep1 carded Darth Maul/Obi-Wan that was previously released as a way to help celebrate 50years of Lucasfilm.

Who is interested in seeing this figure so quickly again since it was only just released?

Reaction score
Well, I already have one, and I am an opener so count me in the not interested column unless they do something different with him like a new headsculpt or something.

Reaction score
If they don't mark at the deluxe pricing, I will definitely buy one.
Pretty sure I saw somewhere this was going to be around $20. So doubt there will be as many accessories or new face. Each of these (Mace, Jar Jar, and Qui-Gon) were all listed at a different price though. Guessing that means each will be exclusive to different places effecting price slightly.

Reaction score
That's an odd move by Hasbro. From a brand message perspective, re-releasing it for a basic 6" BS figure's price it would confirm that the Deluxe was an unjustified cash-grab by Hasbro. Those accessories (which Jar Jar never used on-screen anyway) are by themselves not worth that much more.

From a collector's stand point, I'm happy, though, since I've been debating over and over to purchase any Deluxe 6" BS figures. Looking forward to him!

Reaction score
That's an odd move by Hasbro. From a brand message perspective, re-releasing it for a basic 6" BS figure's price it would confirm that the Deluxe was an unjustified cash-grab by Hasbro. Those accessories (which Jar Jar never used on-screen anyway) are by themselves not worth that much more.

From a collector's stand point, I'm happy, though, since I've been debating over and over to purchase any Deluxe 6" BS figures. Looking forward to him!
Personally I would recommend the Probe Droid and especially Luke & Yoda.

Reaction score
I passed on the deluxe, I didn't want him that much. But if they regular price him with less accessories, I might be tempted to bite so that I can work towards representing the main cast of each episode on the shelf.

Reaction score
Have the deluxe on order and I'm happy with that. I do like my cardbacks but one Jar Jar is enough

Reaction score
Only way I won't regret paying the deluxe price is if we get a basic Gungan Warrior figure and I can give these inaccurate accessories to him instead.

Reaction score
I feel silly. My pre-ordered deluxe Jar Jar arrives in the mail this weekend. Would’ve preferred this release for the price.

Reaction score
I feel silly. My pre-ordered deluxe Jar Jar arrives in the mail this weekend. Would’ve preferred this release for the price.
I didn't pull the trigger on the deluxe set and I am kind of glad as this one will be around - all the extra stuff with him, even the spear I don't care for, is not that important to me.

Reaction score
In the UK at least, they're charging as much for the TPM carded Jar Jar with a spear as the deluxe with all the kit (£30)

Reaction score
Best Buy has the wrong price (Deluxe $29.99) attached to this new carded figure. Lets hope they correct it before charging orders near release date. It should be $24.99.

Reaction score
Best Buy has the wrong price (Deluxe $29.99) attached to this new carded figure. Lets hope they correct it before charging orders near release date. It should be $24.99.
Sadly probably not a mistake. All the other exclusives are $24.99, so a $5 surcharge over MSRP for being exclusive. That would make this a $24.99 release ($5 less than deluxe for not having the shield) plus the extra $5 surcharge for being exclusive.

Reaction score
Darn it, Zavvi U.K. is charging exactly same amount for this exclusive carded version as they do for the Deluxe version. :/
Hasbro better step in with the Jar Jar pricing debacle. I can't imagine in any way that the intention is to have Jar Jar be more than the other 3. It's just so close to the deluxe release that things are getting confused.

Reaction score
Hasbro better step in with the Jar Jar pricing debacle. I can't imagine in any way that the intention is to have Jar Jar be more than the other 3. It's just so close to the deluxe release that things are getting confused.
What debacle? Credit Collection Heavy Infantry Mando was $35 when the rest of the Credit Collection was $25. I don’t think Jar Jar being $30 when the rest are $25 is a mistake.

Reaction score
What debacle? Credit Collection Heavy Infantry Mando was $35 when the rest of the Credit Collection was $25. I don’t think Jar Jar being $30 when the rest are $25 is a mistake.
The price discrepancy exists because deluxe Jar Jar came with several accessories that are missing in this release.

Reaction score
The price discrepancy exists because deluxe Jar Jar came with several accessories that are missing in this release.
I mentioned this on a Facebook group and the reply was it's not only the accessories, it's the number of paint apps. Jar Jar has around the same amount or more than Commander Gree. Which when it was available at Toys R Us was why that figure was $5.00 more at retail. So while they did loose the "Boomba" and the shield, they are also using the foil card. Combine the specialty package with the increased paint apps and that is how they justify the $29.99 retail.

Reaction score
I forgot the Heavy Mando Credit was more than the deluxe. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I guess it seemed more palatable when each of the Credit collection was exclusive to different retailers. With this being in a wave of 4 all from the same place, at once, seems like they would have spread out any extra cost and made them the same. I would have thought losing the extra accessories, they could have done that.
I still ordered it, mind you. lol

Reaction score
Plus isn't jar jar a taller figure? It seems that anything that's slightly bigger than average gets the upcharge fron Hasbro.

Reaction score
I mentioned this on a Facebook group and the reply was it's not only the accessories, it's the number of paint apps. Jar Jar has around the same amount or more than Commander Gree. Which when it was available at Toys R Us was why that figure was $5.00 more at retail. So while they did loose the "Boomba" and the shield, they are also using the foil card. Combine the specialty package with the increased paint apps and that is how they justify the $29.99 retail.
There's no reason to buy the 50th version then, unless you collect cardbacks.
I was hoping this one would be cheaper due to the lack of accessories.

Reaction score
I've thought about that a lot and I think we got lucky that Chewie came out originally so early in the line, that they weren't doing deluxe figures and deluxe packaging for single figures. I think they conceded that they missed the boat on him.
Well, that could be right! They did start strong with figs and accessories. Maul, Han, both had amazing accessories. They have cheaped out on some things over the years, despite being able to reuse molds and parts now, and balance shorter figs in the mix like jawa, ewoks, yoda, etc.

Reaction score
Well, that could be right! They did start strong with figs and accessories. Maul, Han, both had amazing accessories. They have cheaped out on some things over the years, despite being able to reuse molds and parts now, and balance shorter figs in the mix like jawa, ewoks, yoda, etc.
I've mentioned it a lot in other threads - the lack of accessories is almost insulting considering how much a Marvel Legends figure comes with!

If I were a bigger Jar Jar fan I probably wouldn't mind the price up on him, but the extra $10 makes a difference.

Reaction score
Their thought is more like... That Porg, and that baby yoda we were going to include as an accessory? Lets pack em separate and charge 10 bucks!