Jar Jar Binks - Speculation

GNT

Reaction score
Total Speculation on this one via Yakface, the artist who does all the sketches for the Black Series packaging recently had artwork up on his website which included one for "Jar Jar Binks", it has since been taken down. Perhaps we might see this figure in the next year.

Who's up for seeing good old Jar Jar on the shelves? I'm not sure if it's an EP1 or AOTC version.

Reaction score
Will be picking him up haters be damned! Always kinda liked the creature design of the character myself despite his annoying voice and personality!

Reaction score
I think Yakface has had a rumor about this one for a while, beyond just the art leak from this week. So...there's a lot of smoke here. It's interesting they are bringing him out, but didn't do it during the 20th anniversary of The Phantom Menace. But, as we saw in the reaction to the Celebration exclusives, people who have fond memories of collecting figures in the late 90s are right in the sweet spot for a collectors line of figures. The days of shunning the prequels seem to be over.

And, look, Jar Jar has issues. Still, I'm with the people who always say they want more aliens in TBS, and this is a unique species design. So I'll surely pick him up. But...this could be the one that finally pushes my girlfriend over the edge. She's goes between active support and passive eyerolling when it comes to all the black-and-red boxes that come through the front door...I think a figure of a character she actively despises to the level she hates Jar Jar might be a tipping point.

Reaction score
This is one of my grail figures. If done right, this figure could be so awesome. I really hope he has a hinged jaw and a long tongue accessory you can stick in his mouth for when he's sticking it out at someone or getting some foodfrog that costs seven wupiupi. Add in some boomers and I'm set.

Reaction score
This is one of my grail figures. If done right, this figure could be so awesome. I really hope he has a hinged jaw and a long tongue accessory you can stick in his mouth for when he's sticking it out at someone or getting some foodfrog that costs seven wupiupi. Add in some boomers and I'm set.
Agreed!
And as a "retired action figure photographer"... He is a must-have.
I'm hoping Hasbro not only "does him right", but so good I won't have to rely on the SH Figuarts one... Which might be very tempting anyway because I know the articulation will be ridiculous (lending itself to all the hijinks photographers would love) , and include "the tongue" .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reaction score
With Hasbro's track record these days I've no doubt the figure itself will be outstanding; feelings on the character aside.

Reaction score
Jar-Jar could really have some great accessories, too: A pit droid, one of those creatures he tries to eat at the market in Mos Espa, boomers, or even a giant spear like the original toy. I mean, I don't expect all of those, but a couple of cool extras would be nice.

Reaction score
Jar-Jar could really have some great accessories, too: A pit droid, one of those creatures he tries to eat at the market in Mos Espa, boomers, or even a giant spear like the original toy. I mean, I don't expect all of those, but a couple of cool extras would be nice.
I think the best thing to do at least is to have an extra head or 2 with very different expressions. That's what I think would capture the spirit of the character more than anything else.

Not sure if we'd get something like this. Maybe too extreme

Reaction score
Jar Jar is one of the most disliked parts of the PT for me, but I will absolutely still buy one! haha.:p:geek:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jar Jar has been near the top of my wishlist for a long time. I'm really hoping they do him, and do him well.

I was pretty dissapointed with TPM offerings during it's 20th anniversary. Jar Jar was a must back then, but I was hoping for so much more too. Sebulba being at the top of that list. I find TPM to be a very toyetic film.

Reaction score
I'd love a destroyer droid personally. But yes, it would be nice to see more TPM. There's a LOT there to still do. Watto, Boss Nass, Captain Tarpals, any Padme/Queen Amidala, Sebulba, young Anakin, Ric Olie, Captain Panaka, Naboo Royal Soldiers, Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, Senator Palpatine, on and on. Now I'm not sure the likelihood of a lot of these getting made, they're not exactly in high demand. But some are! I'd say the most likely to get an eventual figure would be Nute Gunray, Watto, young Anakin, and Theed Battle Padme.

Reaction score
I can deal with the most annoying droid, cant deal with Jar Jar. I'm sure he won't come with anything except the muy muy he tried to steal from the market.

Reaction score
At least we can tell from the artwork that we're getting a regular TPM Jar Jar and not Senator Binks.

Reaction score
I know it's already been mentioned elsewhere, but that photo really looks like Jar Jar has been hitting the Treeman's herb pretty hard.
His and Yavin Ceremony Luke Skywalkwer's character art (yes, the typo is on the packaging- add the copy writer to the list). :p

Happy to hear Jar Jar is being made. Part of me would be even happier of the made the second Senator 3 3/4" scale Jar Jar figure, with the beads outfit he wore in both AOTC and ROTS. Guess I'll have to customize that one myself eventually.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really think this is the first figure in the Black Series that absolutely warrants a voice chip......

Hello? Hello? Anyone else agree?

*Crickets*

Reaction score
I really think this is the first figure in the Black Series that absolutely warrants a voice chip......

Hello? Hello? Anyone else agree?

*Crickets*
If I get get the sound clips from this.
and this

then I'm totally for it. I just want to hear "Yousa not even gonna believe it." and "Mesa all sparkly glowy!"

GNT

Reaction score
I can deal with the most annoying droid, cant deal with Jar Jar. I'm sure he won't come with anything except the muy muy he tried to steal from the market.
He could come with a number different items depending on what they want to do with him - a spanner, an apple/fruit?, Gungan electro ball, Pit Droid or a Gorg from the market.

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't personally pick up Jar Jar, but I really do hope they make him. If they do, I imagine it would have to be his TPM outfit; it's so much more iconic for the character, and avoids the awkwardness of heavy, bulky robes that would hinder his AOTC iteration. He's a key part of TPM especially, and love him or hate him I think it's a real shame he so often gets ignored when it comes to toys these days--especially since he has so much potential for fun accessories, poses, etc.