Jar Jar Binks - No.24

GNT

Reaction score
Everyone's favourite Gungan will be back for he Clone Wars series in 08 so it's only fitting that Hasbro makes Jar Jar in animated form for any dioramas collectors set up.

I know his not everyone's favourite pick but I personally think he'll be suited to the animated style and would make a nice looking figure, through in the aJedi cloak he seems to borrow and we're all set.

Would anyone else buy him?

Reaction score
Re: Jar Jar Binks

Do we really need a animated jar jar it would be a waste of plastic and creepy looking.

Reaction score

I'd buy an animated Jar Jar, no doubt!

Heck, I think we're long overdue for a movie Jar Jar, for that matter.

Reaction score

I would never buy the figure (I do have one from Episode I though), but I am curious and kinda looking forward to seeing what is role will be like in Clone Wars.

Reaction score

RockMySocks10 said:
I am curious and kinda looking forward to seeing what is role will be like in Clone Wars.
Hopefully a small role. Very, very small.

Reaction score

I like Jar Jar in small doses. I'd love to see them do an episode involving Gungans again.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Everyone's favourite Gungan will be back for he Clone Wars series in 08 so it's only fitting that Hasbro makes Jar Jar in animated form for any dioramas collectors set up.
how do you know jar jar will be in the new animated series.

Reaction score

BingoBrown said:
RockMySocks10 said:
I am curious and kinda looking forward to seeing what is role will be like in Clone Wars.
Hopefully a small role. Very, very small.
I'm near positive he won't be an every episode guy, he'll just be here and there, and like someone else said, I hope they do have an episode they go to Naboo and help the Gungans from an attack from the CIS.

Reaction score

Well maybe a little bit of jar jar but not a obnoxious amount of him.

Reaction score

I'm all for an Animated Jar Jar Binks.
Can anyone confirm Ahmed Best will be lending his voice again?

Also, we really need a AOTC Senator Jar Jar Binks (outfit he first appeared in) and a SA TPM Jar Jar.

Reaction score

GNT said:
That would be great, provided that they include a guillotine accessory to go with it.

Reaction score

Jar Jar was a horrible cartoon in "real life", why bother to make a figure of him now?

Reaction score

I'll have to wait and see. If he is set to appear in the series, I hope Ahmed Best does his voice.

Reaction score

Official sources have confirmed that beloved prequel character Jar Jar Binks will be returning in an "expanded guest role" for the new Star Wars: Clone Wars television series (Fridays 9 PM, CTV). The character himself had this to say:
"Oie boy, mesa gonna be big hero in dis telebision series! In deesa episode, mesa receivin' big honors for single-handedly facing an entire BOMBAD ARMY of battle droids when mesa only gots a Gungan Battle Spork? Wait, what dis word 'posthumous' mean?"
-The Hamilton Spectator, Saturday September 13

Yeah, don't we all wish.

Reaction score

darthAndosman said:
GNT said:
The visual guide outlines an episode with him in it.

Reaction score

The front page revealed CW cards and he was on one of them. But he looked worse than ever! He had pink arm length gloves and a tie on. I am very afriad! Him looking like that in the show will be bad enough. But that toy? Spare us Hasbro. Please! Give him some other outfit!

I won't buy him period. But I don't want to see that peg warming all over, in my face at stores.

GNT

Reaction score

darthAndosman said:
GNT said:
He appears in the visual guide, here's the picture of him:

Reaction score

Are his neck and eyestalks really that outstrechted or is the scan/image itself stretched? Also his ears are humongous, they're like a virtual planetoid.

Reaction score

Oh my god,NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!Why?????I thought we saw the last of him.He needs to be run overy by a droid tank.After seeing TPM I was never a big fan if this guy.

Reaction score

Hmm, wonder what his action feature will be?

Jar Jar Binks with "Episode Ruining" action?
Sure hope it isn't any sort of talking action....

And he looks FAR too creepy in animated format (and a little fruity with that garb he has on). I second him getting hit by a tank.

GNT

Reaction score

CantThinkOfAName said:
Hmm, wonder what his action feature will be?
He doesn't have to have an action feature, he could have a weapon with a blasting missile

Reaction score

I wouldn't mind an animated JarJar. I like him, Asoka on the other hand..don't even get me started with the most annoying character created.

Reaction score

(psst, Jar Jar still needs to die or disappear, to clear up his non-existance in OT-timeline EU. This is their last chance for it to happen in a major media event, so that everyone will know.)

Reaction score

Nor do they need to. His character went from big player in TPM to background role with some dialogue in AOTC to virtually invisible in ROTS. So they've basically already 'faded' him out. No need to account for his absence in the OT as he is nearly absent by ROTS. Plus, the OT doesn't need to show everyone from the PT who isn't dead yet.

Reaction score

Spiff said:
Nor do they need to. His character went from big player in TPM to background role with some dialogue in AOTC to virtually invisible in ROTS. So they've basically already 'faded' him out. No need to account for his absence in the OT as he is nearly absent by ROTS. Plus, the OT doesn't need to show everyone from the PT who isn't dead yet.
The story is about the Skywalkers and while people interact with them they don't all do it all the time. I like your point above. It's just like we didn't need to see Dodanna, Mon Mothma (In episodes 4 or 5 either) and such until they had a scene that made sense.

GNT

Reaction score

So... does anyone else want to see a figure of Jar jar made?

Reaction score

Deathbymonkeys said:
Spiff said:
The story is about the Skywalkers and while people interact with them they don't all do it all the time. I like your point above. It's just like we didn't need to see Dodanna, Mon Mothma (In episodes 4 or 5 either) and such until they had a scene that made sense.
supposedly he gets frozen in carbonate in Force Unleashed, at least that's what someone told me, I'm not sure if it's true.

Reaction score

They should definatly make Jar Jar. My 6 year old daughter loves him, as well as a lot of her fellow classmates. I also work At KB toys and a lot of kids and parents ask for him. I have also found that a lot of collectors in their late teens to early twenties like him as well and seem surprised that there is such hate for him.

Reaction score

If are one wants to know what JAR JAR BINKS will lok like in the new CLONE WRAS TOONS, pick up the card game Clone wars top trumps he has his own card in that pack .. BILBOFETT

GNT

Reaction score

bilbofett said:
If are one wants to know what JAR JAR BINKS will lok like in the new CLONE WRAS TOONS, pick up the card game Clone wars top trumps he has his own card in that pack .. BILBOFETT
I posted a picture of Jar Jar Binks from the series mid way through this thread.