Jar Jar Binks - MH13

Reaction score
I just picked this one up today. First time I saw it, so pulled the trigger. I have to be honest, I thought it would have been better. The upper torso being smaller than the waist seems odd, and I would have much rather they put the ball joint at the neck, not the top of the head. I guess it's better than most of the stuff we have had before, but I really hope they nail the vintage sculpt.

Reaction score
I found this tonight. It is a very nice sculpt. The neck is sort of strange with that pivoting ball joint within the neck tube but it generally looks OK>

Reaction score
Decided to get one of these after all, as I'm fed up waiting for the vintage version. This may seem like a stupid question, but how do you get the projectile to fire from the weapon? It looks like the handle should move to trigger it, but it's stuck fast on mine, and I don't want to force it. The only other moving part I can see is the hinged thing on top, which doesn't seem to do anything beyond moving back and forth.

Reaction score
the head looks different and i am sure we will get the accessories we saw in the hasbro presentation.

Reaction score
Finally got mine tonight at the Hamden Walmart. It doesn't seem to have the cross-eyed problem so many of you have reported. But it wouldn't have mattered if he did; I would have bought him anyway, because this was the first time I saw him at retail.

The real Jar Jar prize, of course, will be the TVC version coming out later this year. :wub:

Reaction score
to me this one looks just as good as vintage. if only i could find and buy this figure!

Reaction score
It's been 3 fu€king months! Someone from hasbro want to call me and explain why my nephew can't go out and buy one.

Reaction score
It's been 3 fu€king months! Someone from hasbro want to call me and explain why my nephew can't go out and buy one.
You got every right to complain, INDY. It's ridiculous ... but we all know the reason why MH Wave 2 hasn't been reaching the pegs is because all the old stuff is clogging them up! I still can't find one stinking MH Queen Amidala! That's all I need and then I can shut up and forget this stupid line ever existed! :twisted:

Reaction score
I found a Jar Jar at a Kroger yesterday while grocery shopping at Kroger. He's got all the articulation I want out of this character and the paint detail is fantastic!

Reaction score
Decided to get one of these after all, as I'm fed up waiting for the vintage version. This may seem like a stupid question, but how do you get the projectile to fire from the weapon? It looks like the handle should move to trigger it, but it's stuck fast on mine, and I don't want to force it. The only other moving part I can see is the hinged thing on top, which doesn't seem to do anything beyond moving back and forth.
Can anyone who's managed to find one of these, and opened him up, answer this for me please? I'd just like to know if I'm missing something, or if I need to use more force on the handle, or if they're all stuck, or I've just got a duff one! Thanks!

Reaction score
Looks like this wave has hit the northeast pretty good now. Not only have I never seen this wave in Colorado, nobody else has. Very strange for a wave to entirely miss hitting the pegs.

Reaction score
Looks like this wave has hit the northeast pretty good now.
I wouldn't say that about CT, Nerfherder. I've seen Wave 2 Anakin and Jar Jar once each (and bought them both), and Darth Maul twice (passed). Haven't seen Queen Amidala (the only one I need) or any of the "light up" lightsaber figs.:confused:

Reaction score
to me this one looks just as good as vintage. if only i could find and buy this figure!
I have been surprised, that he's been non-existent at the Walmart I went to. I expected to find a couple on the shelves. Though I probably will just wait for the VC version. I've updated most of my ep 1 figures, and anything that can make JJB hyper-articulated has me there.

Reaction score
I couldn't figure out how to fire the projectile either. Here are a couple pics:

"Meesa needin' zum hugin'"

"Deesa seemin' to be stucka"

KKAABBOOOOOMA!

"Meesa not lookin' zo gooda."

Reaction score
Just a heads up. Jar Jar, Padme, Anakin, light up Qui Gon and Obi are available from Target.com. There is also a $5 off $50 coupon out there if you google it.

Reaction score
Sorry sebillba - I didn't see your post. The weapon's firing mechanism is activated by pulling backwards on the handle.

Reaction score
Thanks for that Mike, and for taking the trouble to post the photo, much appreciated. I would never have worked that out! Can't believe they didn't include a little diagram with the figure - I bet loads of kids will have broken the bottom handle trying to fire it, as that seemed the obvious trigger. Of course, now I know how it works, it'll go back on the shelf and probably never get fired again, but it's good to know I haven't got a duffer! :)

Reaction score
D'oh! :$ Completely missed that little yellow arrow! Though I might've seen it, and just thought it was showing the top handle moves on a hinge - I still didn't think of pulling it back. Thanks again.

Reaction score
I managed to fire mine no problem.

It shot straight out of my hand and into the trash.

:whistling:

Reaction score
Not a problem!
They do mention it on the back of the card:

interesting this card back is totally different to the one on my binks my one shows the other figures in the line at the bottom and shows them displayed on stands with that card game stuff.

Reaction score
interesting this card back is totally different to the one on my binks my one shows the other figures in the line at the bottom and shows them displayed on stands with that card game stuff.
That is a picture of Canadian card back. You can tell by the multiple languages on it. Yours may be an american card back.

Reaction score
Just opened this figure, and overall its a great one - the likeness and sculpt are fantastic - my only real issue is the neck articulation - I hate it. Because of the joint they used, the head appears to be floating or off center. I still think its a very kid and collector friendly figure though - certainly my favorite from the MH line.

Reaction score
I was gonna hold off for the vintage jar jar, but once I finally saw this at retail today I couldn't resist getting him. Too bad he doesn't have balljointed shoulders. If he did this would have been perfectly acceptable as a definitive jar jar.

Reaction score
I was gonna hold off for the vintage jar jar, but once I finally saw this at retail today I couldn't resist getting him. Too bad he doesn't have balljointed shoulders. If he did this would have been perfectly acceptable as a definitive jar jar.
I just opened mine, and I completely agree. The shoulders and neck are the only flaws, but I guess that's just Hasbro insuring we'll pick up this guy in the vintage line; though they didn't use that logic for the DTF figures. I've only seen him in stores twice. He disappears really fast around my area.

ZX3

Reaction score
Looking at the side by side comparison to the Vintage one in the photo archive I think I might actually prefer this one (even if they did screw up his vest color).

Reaction score
I just received the VC Jar Jar today, and after opening it, I immediately put it in the extra figures bin and left this MH Jar Jar in my display. The bad soft goods, badly (and numerous) miscolored joints, and faded paint job on the head and ears made the VC figure inferior to this one in all areas except for articulation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ Unfortunate to hear that. I hope they'll do a running change on him, fixing all the paint and color molding error soon. Since the TVC release is technically already the repack it unfortunately doesn't look like it, but Hasbro has been capable of fixing greater mistakes while figures were already available.

Reaction score
I finally found this figure and Amidala at a Fred's this week. I passed on Padme (she does indeed look bad). My Jar Jar had the cross-eyed problem, but I was sick of waiting for the TVC version, and from what you guys have been saying the TVC version isn't really all that much better except for ball-joint shoulders. Anyway, now I have Jar Jar Binks. He's an important character that I'm glad I have and now I never want to see him again. LOL

Reaction score
@chazwinski, just keep yr receipt, and when yu come across a non-cross eyed version, you can swap it over. I just found some new cases at my kmart, and the eyes are NOT cross eyed on Jarjar anymore, so it looks like Hasbro got word to fix the problem.
I love this version of Jarjar, The neck is a bit weird, and its a shame you dont get shoulder articualation, but its not that bad without it. To make him look even better i added the vinyl jacket from my Ep1 comm-tech Jarjar, just to give this Movie Heroes version one a bit more realism etc. He looks great with the lighter colored jacket over his dark painted one underneath.

Reaction score
I posted this in the Jar Jar TVC thread, but I thought it may be worth reposting. I took the VC Jar Jar and through a simple painting of the off-color joints and slightly darkening the skin tone on his head, I ended up with a fantastic looking Jar Jar. Essentially, I went from pro-MH Jar Jar to pro-TVC Jar Jar with a simple paint application. Have a look--

Reaction score
i gave my MH Jarjar those same weapons as the vintage one just released, after deciding the big missile firing thing that comes with the MHeroes Jarjar doesnt really suit him. I gave the MHeroes Missile launcher to Captain Tarpals as hes a larger figure and it just seems to go better. I then gave Tarpals spear (and one of them little blue clubs from a legacy gungun) to my MHeroes Jarjar.
I did all that before i even knew what weapons the new VC Jarjar comes with, and it turns out, someone at Hasbro had the same idea i did. (cheap Hasbro repacking weapons with the New VC Jarjar. At least they came up with a new weapon for the MHeroes Jarjar)