Jar Jar Binks - MH13

Reaction score
Very satisfied with this one. TVC is a skip for me now. I just used the removable jacket from the old Kaadu rider Jar Jar and sold him in an ebay lot.

JVM

Reaction score
Gonna wait until I see this in person to pick it up. I only have one Jar-Jar left, the original Episode I figure, so a new one would be great, but the TVC one looks like it'll be loads better.

Reaction score
Every time I see the Movie Heroes restocked anywhere, I have a moment of hope, but nope. More wave one.

Reaction score
I've only seen wave one and the wal mart wave so far. I really want wave two ..

Reaction score
saw the whole wave at Walmart this afternoon. Paint apps were horrible on all of them. Jar Jar's eyes were really bad. Obi Wan is unrecognizable. Padme's and little Anakin's faces looked melted. I don't usually get really picky but those were junk.

Reaction score
I saw one set of this last night for the first time as well.

I only got the lightup figs. I was sorely tempted by Jar Jar, but this one was also terribly cross eyed and I'm holding out for the TVC version anyways.

Reaction score
I was sorely tempted by Jar Jar, but this one was also terribly cross eyed and I'm holding out for the TVC version anyways.
You know, I don't recall having seen a non-crosseyed MH Jar Jar yet. Maybe Hasbro wanted to do a scene specific version recreating Qui-Gon's overdone Force calm down on a panicking Jar Jar.

Reaction score
You know, I don't recall having seen a non-crosseyed MH Jar Jar yet. Maybe Hasbro wanted to do a scene specific version recreating Qui-Gon's overdone Force calm down on a panicking Jar Jar.
You might be on to something... hey, you could just sculpt on a hanging tongue and call it 'right after sticking his head in the podracer coupling' Jar Jar!

Reaction score
No, the TVC Jar Jar is different (ball-joint shoulders, soft goods, paint, etc.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Makes you wonder why they didn't just kitbash two Ep 1 Jar Jars into a semi-new one and then go directly to the SA TVC sculpt.

Say, Invasion Force version's upper body and the Kaadu Creature pack-in version's lower body. Or the Swimming version (ball-hinged neck and ankles) with the first release's right arm.

Add a cool accessory, like a Bongo sub backpack, or a mini catapult or even a low-articulated break-apart Battle Droid for him to fight off and you've got a neat toy for kids.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Saw him but passed, I'll wait for the Vintage release. Are thy using the same sculpt for both figures?

Reaction score
No, it is a different sculpt. More articulation in tvc sculpt. The movie heroes sculpt gets the likeness better, though, in my opinion.

Reaction score
Somehow I had never noticed that the shirt and vest were transposed. What a boner of a mistake.
LOL, I was just reading through some of my past posts and I can't believe boner is not censored, especially when considering some of the benign words that are.

Anyway, since it has taken so long for this figure to come out I decided I am going to pass on it in favor of the Vintage one coming. Something to consider Hasbro.

Reaction score
Mike_S, have you thought about opening a thread in the photonovel section to show off all your excellent figure pictures? You seemingly captured the Naboo forrests with such ease.

Reaction score
Cool pictures series! Now I don't want to start getting greedy, but have you thought about posting recent pictures of your collection room? I saw some way back on page 194 that got me interested. Especially those Dagobah and Naboo Battlefield diorama set-ups caught my eye.

Reaction score
I'm not particularly fond of my indoor photography - hence the outdoor garden shots, with natural light.
I am currently in the process of moving a few things around in the collection room. Once completed, I'll be sure to post pics here on RS.

Reaction score
I knew they'd mess up the scale. In what world is Jar Jar bigger than a Gungan WARRIOR?

Reaction score
Cool pictures series! Now I don't want to start getting greedy, but have you thought about posting recent pictures of your collection room? I saw some way back on page 194 that got me interested. Especially those Dagobah and Naboo Battlefield diorama set-ups caught my eye.
Page 194? What post-per-page layout are you using?