Japanese Star Wars Latest Headlines Toys & Collectibles

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Japanese Domino's Pizza promotions for Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Japanese Domino's Pizza promotions for Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score

R2-D2 Version Pizza Delivery Container.

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score

Movie Version Pizza Delivery Container.

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Japanese 7-Eleven Promotions for Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score

Japanese 7-Eleven Promotions for Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Japanese Akagi Corporation "GariGari Kun" Ice cream for Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D Promotions

GariGari Kun Original T-shirt Prize.

Last edited:

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Pepsi Panson Works Figures for Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D

R2-D2 & Darth Maul Prize for "GET! BIG STAR WARS PansonWorks "Promotions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi ALL! I from Japan:grin:

Japanese Domino's pizza campaign of the EP1.
I ordered of medium size and large size...

Medium size: R2-D2 pizza box.
Large size: EP1 pizza box.
and Lightsaber type poster cases.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Campaign of Seven-Eleven.

Fryer

3D Clear files

Cover stopper of Cupnoodle.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Limited Edition Watch - "Shikkoku of Darth Vader"

Annoucing the introduction of a very cool limited edition watch!!!

In commemoration of the 35th anniversary of the original "Star Wars" movie, which was released on screen in 1977, the company, Imperial Enterprise Inc, is releasing this watch known as "Shikkoku of Darth Vader" – which is produced and manufactured under the editorial supervision of Lucasfilm Ltd. The release and sale of this special limited edition official wrist watch seeks to celebrate and commemorate this big turning point of Star Wars history with only 3,500 pieces being manufactured for sale.

The “Shikkoku of Darth Vader” is a sophisticated solar powered watch manufactured using the latest technology, with its design based on Lucasfilm’s editorial supervision.

The “Shikkoku of Darth Vader” is impressive - providing a sophisticated feel with its stylish appearance unified by Black that drives the imagination of a galaxy far, far away. This beautiful time piece is made from stainless steel - as a metaphor for an intense battle. It carries a solar panel, symbolizing Vader’s awesome power - that draws all light into darkness and converting it to driving electrical energy to power its functions. The second hand imitates Darth Vader's lightsaber, mincing away at the time. Its dial bears the distinctive mark of the Imperial Army in the position of 12.00 amidst the golden shining stars of the galaxy on its watch face.

It is an excellent piece of a formal intention that adopts the SEIKO solar movement to ensure that its accuracy of time can be relied upon. Its functionality, appearance and the sophistication of its specifications and detailing make the “Shikkoku of Darth Vader” suitable for adults.

A summary of the features of the “Shikkoku (which means shin of Japanese lacquer) of Darth Vader” is as follows:-

1. The edition number of each piece, the pictorial representation of Darth Vader wielding his lightsaber and the 35[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary commemoration of when Star Wars was introduced to the world are all stamped on the back casing.
  2. Release date: February 8, 2012
  3. Suggested-list-price: 69800 yen
  4. The number of manufactured pieces for sale: 3500
  5. Quality of the material used: Stainless steel for the case bracelet and reverse back casing
  6. Case Style: Hard REXX Of-special-make commemoration box = MDF, polyurethane, rayon
  7. Case length: 40x horizontal 35x9.2 mm in thickness
  8. Sizes: S= 15.0 cm, M= 17.5 cm, an L= 19.5 cm
  9. Movement: From SEIKO WATCH CORP - offering solar movement, 10-atmosphere waterproofing.
  10. Country of manufacture: Japan

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited:
Reaction score
FX-Toys - Vehicle Collection 5 [includes The Millennium Falcon]

Announcing this new piece from FX-TOYS Inc!!!

F-toys

The VEHICLE COLLECTION 5 is put on the market.

This is the 5th phase of scale models of the vehicles for "Star Wars Episode I Phantom Menace" - which will appear in the movie "Star Wars Episode1" 3D in March, 2012 - and introduces at last the appearance of the long-awaited "Millennium Falcon".

The complete miniature set of the Star Wars painted Vehicle Collection 5 consists of:-

1. The Millennium Falcon
2. The X-wing Star Fighter (Red Leader)
3. The Tie Interceptor
4. The Naboo N-1 Star Fighter
5. The ETA-2 The Jedi Star Fighter
and includes one SECRET item

Release date: February 27, 2012
Suggested list price: 473 yen each (About $6 including tax)

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finemolds: Scale model of the Naboo Starfighter

From a Fine Molds company.

This is a 1/72 scale model of The Naboo Starfighter that is put into the market.

The "Naboo Starfighter" appears in the movie "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D" (which opens to the Japanese market on March 16), where it played an active part in the second half of Episode 1.

This was the vehicle that the movie's hero Anakin Skywalker had manipulated in the climax scene. This scale model has impressive detailing in the body work that conforms very closely with the actual vehicle.

This 1/72 scale of The Naboo Starfighter has the suggested list price of 2520 yen (including tax)

Its release date is February 16, 2012

A part of the scale model is fabricated with yellow and silver grey bringing it close to the color scheme of the vehicle in the movie setup - together with 3 other colors.

2 figures (a Royal Security Army Pilot and the hero Anakin Skywalker) are attached as part of this scale model.

Cheers,

Mark

Reaction score
I missed out on most of the 7/11 stuff.
I did get the Bearbricks though.

I didn't know that Gari Gari was doing the SW campaign so I bought the R2 and Maul ones today.

Really like that R2 pizza box. It's great.

Reaction score
Ordered a pizza last night and got the R2 box and poster.

As far as collecting goes, I seem to be getting into Star Wars related food packaging and related pieces.
The R2 box is a cool idea.

Reaction score
I did like the ice cream cross over. Sadly I'm not there to pick up some and save the wrappers etc. Anyone scoring store displays from 7-11 etc? Took me awhile to score my Nikkuman Slime Display from Dragon Quest.

Reaction score
Didn't get hold of any displays.

Some might appear on yahoo auctions Japan...they sometimes do.
Might look out for the large 7/11 banner that covered that ran along the top of the entrance. That was pretty cool.

The last lot of displays I got was from Spiderman 3.

Reaction score
They are difficult to get in general.... the concept of someone wanting a display is so "strange" that most employee's cannot handle what is right or wrong. I had to hit one Lawson 5 times in a night and finally got a employee to cough it up. Strangely he spoke perfect English... I was shocked. Will monitor the YJ here and there.

Reaction score
First up, seeing as that this is a Star Wars forum, is the upcoming release of some new merchandise from Japan set to be released in the middle of April.

A: Vader room light figure
B: C-3PO clock figure
C: Maul coin bank
D: Yoda room light figure
E: R2-D2 kitchen timer figure
F: Lightsabre LED lights
G: Memo pads
H: Lightsabre ball pens
I: Clear folder sets

Specials:
Vader digital alarm clock
TC-14 clock figure

Last edited:

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score

Hybrid Metal Figuration
#005:Star Wars-Black hole Stormtrooper

Hybrid metal Figuration series, 70%alloy and 30%PVC. Made by Hong Kong Toymaker "Hero Cross"
Black Hole Stormtrooper are limited item of Hot Toys "TOY SAPIENS" store in Tokyo.
200-limited.

Sale date April 2013 as plan
Price 5,800 yen
Size Approximately 14 centimeters in height
Movable point 20 places
Production information 200 domestic circulation-limited
Product classification Alloy figure
Accessories (weapon) E-11blasterrifle
Accessories (accessories) Hand parts (four)
Sales agency Hot toys Japan Co., Ltd.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Black Storm trooper is a really cool figure, I got mine straight from Hong Kong Herocross..

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Wow, already?
Can you show us package?
It's very cool anyway.
Thank you for the pic.

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
I wasn't pay attention this company since they released first T-shrts last year.

This is already 3rd (2nd?) promotions.

Those are incredibly nice jeans.
Like Levi's in US, Edwin are most well know jeans company in Japan.
And this one did it so well.
Check this out.

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Hi,
Thank you for the pic.
Little more information.
Japan will be 200 pieces limited.
How many were they?
Are they making any other Star Wars items?

Do you have a lot of Japanese collection?

Thanks!

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
HOMESTAR DARTH VADER

Do you guys remember that HOMESTAR R2-D2?
Even they did special Seven Eleven HOMESTAR R2-711?

Vader?

You hard right.

This is the same gimmick as former release of R2-D2.

This is the 3rd production of the Star Wars line form SEGA Toys.

About $60.

Reaction score
Hybrid Metal Figuration
#005:Star Wars-Black hole Stormtrooper

Hybrid metal Figuration series, 70%alloy and 30%PVC. Made by Hong Kong Toymaker "Hero Cross"
Black Hole Stormtrooper are limited item of Hot Toys "TOY SAPIENS" store in Tokyo.
200-limited.

Sale date April 2013 as plan
Price 5,800 yen
Size Approximately 14 centimeters in height
Movable point 20 places
Production information 200 domestic circulation-limited
Product classification Alloy figure
Accessories (weapon) E-11blasterrifle
Accessories (accessories) Hand parts (four)
Sales agency Hot toysJapan Co., Ltd.

Some more pics of this Stormtrooper by Herocross - Hybrid Metal Figuration #005:

Reaction score
HOMESTAR DARTH VADER

Vader?

You hard right.

This is the same gimmick as former release of R2-D2.

This is the 3rd production of the Star Wars line form SEGA Toys.

About $60.

I actually saw this the other day at the One Piece flagship store in Shibuya. Kinda cool. Is it exclusive to Japan or something?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Japanese items, particularly collectible items have always been of exceptional quality.
If you were to buy a Japanese collectible - such as music vinyl LP's or CD's, you knew that it was a cut above the rest, and would often include a bonus track or something special.

This of course extends into the wonderful world of Star Wars collecting, with the most recent release of the Perfect Model 12 Inch See-Threepio by Sideshow Collectibles and Tamashii Nations.
When this item was first announced, I admit that I was intrigued; but I when I found out the price of the Threepio ($399.00) I figured it would have to be added to the very long list of things, that I could never afford; so I forgot about it.
That was until the promo video I saw on RS, going in to detail as to just how much work and how amazing this release truly is. It was at that point, where I decided to save up over the course of several weeks and order it directly from Home Page | HobbyLink Japan upon recommendation from fellow collector buddy Vintijdroidgutzz.
The turn around on my order was super-fast. One week from ordering online to delivery.

Once he arrived and I opened up the box, it became evident almost immediately, just how amazing Perfect Model 12 Inch See-Threepio really is.
The first thing you will notice, is just how heavy the 3-PO is. Weighing in at a hefty 980gms, See-Threepio feels like a quality item from the get-go. The execution is flawless, no detail is spared. This is no cheap plastic kids toy; this is a high quality, die-cast metal collectible that you will never get tired of looking at.
The working arm-pistons are amazing, as is the light-up eye feature.

It's as though they took the actual costume Anthony Daniels wore on the set of Star Wars and shrunk it down to 1:6 scale.
The Restraining Bolt is magnetized and it also comes with a Comlink, which are both very tiny, so be careful not to lose them.

The only drawback of this set, abliet a minor one, is that the figure stand is really not very good. Considering the weight of the piece, the stand should have been a lot more durable and practical. I really do not like using the stand at all.

With that minor gripe aside, the appropriately titled "Perfect Model" 12 Inch See-Threepio, truly is a watershed moment in Star Wars action figure collecting. This figure (along with HT DX07 Bespin Luke) have both set the bar extremely high for Star Wars and in my opinion, subsequent releases should be just as good, if not better than these two releases.
Congratulations and thank you, to the very talented team, who brought Perfect Model 12 Inch See-Threepio to the collecting world.

Last edited: