Jango Fett's Slave 1

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like we'll be seeing Jango fett's Slave 1 in the new Movie Heroes style packaging in 2013, picture up here.

Who's picking this one up?

Reaction score
Dumbest waste of plastic ever. This spot should have been Dooku's Solar Sailer as it would have made much more sense at this scale.

Reaction score
Man No I'm torn. I want the bigger version from the battlepack but I can't afford it right now so I might just break down and get this one.

Reaction score
:hmm:: Gentlemen, we need new ships for the Class II line. Smith?
:\: Boss, how about we make some new ships people have been asking for?
:hmm:: No, we need something else. Johnson?
:p: LETS MAEK THE SHIPS WE ALREADY MAKE AND NOW WE MKAE THEM IN A DIFFIRINT SIZE!!!!!1111 LIEK WE MAKE SLAVE 1 AND WE MAKE REPUBLUC TANK AND WE MAEK JEDI STARSFIGHTERER!!!
:\: Wait, what? But we already made those ships! If you want them on the shelves, why not just re-release them?
:p: BECUAE THIS TIME THEY ARE SMALL DUUUUUH
:\: No, we can't do that! Seriously, just re-release the old ones, we have the tooling!
:hmm:: No, Smith, I feel like wasting money. We'll make new tooling and re-issue these old ships in a smaller size!
:\: Really, are we that bad financially that we're resorting to re-releasing the exact same things we've released before only with 20% less plastic?
:hmm:: Yes. This is why we hired Johnson. He is an expert at providing cost-effective strategies.
:p: TEHN WE MAKE TEH MTT AND IT HAS LOUD MOTOS AND COSTS $10000000000!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I think this photo speaks a thousand words:

Last edited:
Reaction score

Insanely small in the case of Slave 1. The Jedi Starfighters I get, but not this.

Like BlackRook details above, Hasbro was talking to their Johnson when they came up with what ships to downsize.

Reaction score
Insanely small in the case of Slave 1. The Jedi Starfighters I get, but not this.

Like BlackRook details above, Hasbro was talking to their Johnson when they came up with what ships to downsize.
I find the whole mini-vehicle concept insulting to the intelligence of the collector, to think that they wasted the manpower tooling the prototypes and actually making the decision to releasing them? they could have spent the tooling costs on vehicles/toys that we want instead of vehicles/toys we don't need!

I assumed that for the AOTC 3D release that they would re-issue the 'Rise Of Boba Fett' Slave 1 on it's own, and also release the original Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter? not this ridiculous concept that by releasing newly tooled mini-rig vehicles to save money!

Where is the logic in that?

Need I say more?

Reaction score
I find the whole mini-vehicle concept insulting to the intelligence of the collector, to think that they wasted the manpower tooling the prototypes and actually making the decision to releasing them? they could have spent the tooling costs on vehicles/toys that we want instead of vehicles/toys we don't need!

I assumed that for the AOTC 3D release that they would re-issue the 'Rise Of Boba Fett' Slave 1 on it's own, and also release the original Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter? not this ridiculous concept that by releasing newly tooled mini-rig vehicles to save money!

Where is the logic in that?

Need I say more?

I dont think you are the target audience. I am sure these are awesome for kids.

Reaction score
I dont think you are the target audience. I am sure these are awesome for kids.
And an abomination for collectors.

When Hasbro said earlier this year that they were going to 'downsize' vehicles, I thought they meant the amount of new ones produced and not these shrunken-like nightmares!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Need I say more?

Since the pilot is going to look huge and out of scale in this ship, I see no reason why they could not have made the droid "slot" compatible with attaching a BAD head. It does not look that much bigger or out of place in your pic, and would add way more play possibilities for the kids these are aimed at.

I'm actually Interested in we're this line goes. Not a fan of the crazy downsizing of much larger ships, but I can see some OT concept and onscreen vehicles, perfect for this scale. A slightly sized down skyhopper. 9000 Z001 Landspeeder. A couple McQuarrie Concept vehicles. Who knows?

Reaction score
These may not be the death knell for the entire SW figure line, but they are ringing out us old collectors, and, perhaps, bring in the new.

Good luck with your new strategy Hasbro. Hope it works for you. It is certainly not working for me. Maybe with all the money you hopefully stockpile for the next two years you will reward us long term collectors, and not just your CEOs and stockholders.

Reaction score
This will be a day long remembered, it has seen the death of Hasbro Star Wars and will soon see the death of collecting Star Wars toys as we know it!

Reaction score

"You said it Chewie" ...wow, I knew this was supposed to be smaller but, really??? I'll stick with my Saga Slave I, thank you very much. Sure, it's undersized too...but not Action Fleet scale!

You know, I could almost see something like this as a "Mandalorian Fighter" or something like that from the Clone Wars...but to pass this off as "Jango Fett's Slave I"....:confused:

Reaction score
Not going to lie this seems like a silly move.

I mean they had these back in 2002 and they looked better, bigger and had room for figures to move

However back in 2002 they did shelvewarm in my area and when down to nothing because no one wanted them (needless to say I got another one at a low price...)
But one reason WAS because they were to big for their collection and they had no room. Perhaps this 'bum move' in the eyes of collectors is a great one for kids.

They are the target audience afterall.

ben

Reaction score
I really do hope that the kids really enjoy this line otherwise some people at Hasbro and LFL are going to look incredibly dumb. How many collectors are going to buy smaller versions of ships they already own. Especially since most of those ships we wanted made bigger, not smaller.. The only ship that should be made smaller is the Ep.3 Jedi Starfighter, so heck let's go make the Ep.2 Jedi Starfighter smaller instead.

The Slave 1 just looks plain rediculous that small. Seriously, who wants a pocket size Slave 1?

Reaction score
-I can understand why they are doing this, but it still looks ridiculous.

--And looking at the back of the box, maybe the reason TVC didn't sell that well was because the figures apparently didn't work with the vehicles?

Reaction score
It could be worse. You could be the guy whose job it was to sculpt this knowing the whole time how ridiculous it was going to turn out. That guy should get a medal for not completely losing his ****.

Reaction score
They say this smaller line of vehicles is aimed at kids and parents but I believe that kids are a lot more savy than Hasbro gives them credit for, and I think that this ridiculous size discrepency is going to turn off a lot of kids interest. When I was a kid I paid as much, if not more, attention to detail and realism as I do now. I know that I would want the better quality figures and vehicles and I would not want to get under sold with some bargain-store approximation to what was once a cool toy line. Star Wars is supposed to be a premium toy line, not bargain basement junk.

Reaction score
I can see some OT concept and onscreen vehicles, perfect for this scale. A slightly sized down skyhopper. 9000 Z001 Landspeeder. A couple McQuarrie Concept vehicles. Who knows?
Looking at this now they'd probably say they need more easily recognized ships for the Class II line.

Though I don't know what kid would recognize the Fighter Tank unless he played video games.

Don't even get me started on the "creative license" Class I vehicles.

Reaction score
Here is a photo of the size comparison to the 2004 Jango Fett Slave One and the recent Rise of Boba Fett Slave One, now my friend who went to Celebration VI said that the new smaller scale Slave One he saw and held was over half the size of the 2004 Slave One which makes it really small! you can tell how small it is in the photo next to the Speeder Bike, the Speeder Bike is about six and a half to seven inches long making the new Slave One about nine to ten inches long:

Reaction score
It was devastating to see these on display at CVI. Not only did Hasbro not show off new vehicles (Solar Sailer, Orray with Execution Cart), but the new Slave 1 had an incredibly cheap looking paintjob and a nearly completely black-tinted window, which is the biggest offender to me.

Only Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter looked nice, but since the 2002 version is better, why even bother to make this and the Republic Fighter Tank.

I just hope Hasbro is waiting to present the actual AOTC 3-D line at Toy Fair 2013.

Reaction score
Good one.

This line is gold for Hasbro. The $20 pricepoint is where it's at and parents and kids are going to eat this up. These ships are perfect for smaller hands and if you saw the vidoe over at sandtroopers and saw the Hasbro guy holding Obi's and Jango's ships, you can actually play with both at the same time.

This ship itself doesn't really appeal to me, but if we see some OT ships in this line, then I'll be all over them.

Reaction score
They say this smaller line of vehicles is aimed at kids and parents but I believe that kids are a lot more savy than Hasbro gives them credit for, and I think that this ridiculous size discrepency is going to turn off a lot of kids interest. When I was a kid I paid as much, if not more, attention to detail and realism as I do now. I know that I would want the better quality figures and vehicles and I would not want to get under sold with some bargain-store approximation to what was once a cool toy line. Star Wars is supposed to be a premium toy line, not bargain basement junk.
I know when I has a kid I wanted nothing more than the GI Joe Cobra Night Raven and let me tell you that was no small vehicle!

Of course every kid my age who loved their Joes wanted the USS Flagg and that thing was almost 8foot long!

What the hell has happened in the past 25 years?
Now kids want tiny dwarf sized vehicles! I don't get it. Oh how glad I am to be a child of the 80's even though I never got my Night Raven (I did get the Tomahawk which was also very awesome!)

Reaction score
I think it's less what kids want and more about what parents are willing to pay. Parents want to pay $20 for a vehilce, so Hasbro needs to make them smaller to fit that price point.