Jango Fett - #57

Reaction score
Re: Jango Fett w/Poncho

Mr Curto said:
Nonpoint_Fan said:
I don't know who puts this stuff up on the site but someone misspelled "Bounty" as "Boiunty"
Youn
I think "Youn" is a big clue right there
wink.gif

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Mr Curto said:
Nonpoint_Fan said:
I don't know who puts this stuff up on the site but someone misspelled "Bounty" as "Boiunty"
Youn
I think "Youn" is a big clue right there
wink.gif

Misspellings in the Photo Archive? Boy, this site sure is going to the dogs...

does anyone know if this Jango head is the one used for the upcoming Evo version? I don't recall seeing any pics of the Evo Jango w/o his helmet, so I was wondering which of the many heads was "definitive" Jango.

Reaction score

coybrafett said:
Picked up this guy at wal-mart for $4.94 and what a figure. The belt is in fact glued together but is not hard to get it apart. Just run it in very hot water or boil it and the glue melts and the belt is then easier to get off. Just pull apart where the tab is here:
TAC57jangobelt2-tn.jpg

I got the belt off. I didn't boil, or run it through hot water as you say do. I was real careful when I pulled it apart, but now, I'm having trouble getting it to stay together. I may have damaged it, but I can't tell. It's probably no big deal. You can't tell it's loose with the poncho on. When the poncho is off I'll probably display him with out the belt. Still, nice figure. My favorite Jango to date.

Reaction score

was skipping this figure, till i saw the photo shoot. now am of a mind that it is pretty well done, and will snag it if i see him in the wild.

Reaction score

I wasn't to excited about this figure when I first heard about it, but it is quickly becoming one of my favorites of the entire line. I love figures that are versatile, in that you can display them in different ways or different scenes. You have "apartment Jango" without armour or poncho,
Jango with armour and no poncho, or
Jango with armour and poncho. Plus the articulation is there, the sculpt is awesome and paint is fantastic.
What a great job on this figure. Definately one I need to get multiples of.

Reaction score

I concur. Originally I was kinda neutral on this fig., but now that I've seen all these photos, I'll be getting one. Totally Boss!

Reaction score

Flacksguy said:
I wasn't to excited about this figure when I first heard about it, but it is quickly becoming one of my favorites of the entire line. I love figures that are versatile, in that you can display them in different ways or different scenes. You have "apartment Jango" without armour or poncho,
Jango with armour and no poncho, or
Jango with armour and poncho. Plus the articulation is there, the sculpt is awesome and paint is fantastic.
What a great job on this figure. Definately one I need to get multiples of.

what about Jango w/poncho and no armor?
grin.gif

Reaction score

DarthHavok1 said:
coybrafett said:
Picked up this guy at wal-mart for $4.94 and what a figure. The belt is in fact glued together but is not hard to get it apart. Just run it in very hot water or boil it and the glue melts and the belt is then easier to get off. Just pull apart where the tab is here:
TAC57jangobelt2-tn.jpg

I got the belt off. I didn't boil, or run it through hot water as you say do. I was real careful when I pulled it apart, but now, I'm having trouble getting it to stay together. I may have damaged it, but I can't tell. It's probably no big deal. You can't tell it's loose with the poncho on. When the poncho is off I'll probably display him with out the belt. Still, nice figure. My favorite Jango to date.
Use a small piece of double sided tape and that will keep it together. You might have some glue residue that is keeping the belt from staying together. Also I just swapped out this head:
swevol_CT-STclonecorpshd2-tn.jpg

Added some scars and now have a more accurate jango.

Reaction score

I scored him yesterday at a toy show and he is awesome! I can't wait to open him up!
smile.gif

Reaction score

I picked him up as well at my area toy show for 10 dollars. I didn't think it was that bad of a price, and I figured I probably wouldn't see it in stores anyway.

Reaction score

Nirvana said:
I picked him up as well at my area toy show for 10 dollars. I didn't think it was that bad of a price, and I figured I probably wouldn't see it in stores anyway.
Hey we have something in common. I payed 10 bucks for it too!
smile.gif

Reaction score

Wow, I love almost everything about this figure. As stated his versatility is great. The softgoods cloak is extremely well done. Just awesome.

Reaction score

BobaTheFett said:
The helmet is too damned small.

That's so when you decapitate him, the head doesn't fall out of the helmet... just like in the movie!
grin.gif

Reaction score

DacaZ said:
BobaTheFett said:
The helmet is too damned small.

That's so when you decapitate him, the head doesn't fall out of the helmet... just like in the movie!
grin.gif

But the head did fly out of the helmet. Check the scene again. You can see a shadow seperating from the helmet.

Reaction score

I have been wanting this version of Jango for a while and even picked him as my pick for the Toyfair Fan's Choice poll so I am so happy to see him made so soon after the Fan's Choice winner was released.

Overall I am happy with the figure but he doesn't seem here nor there as he is a combo of a figure from 2 scenes and isn't quite accurate for either.

First the poncho scene (deleted) he should have his gauntlet on but this figure features the rolled up arms of the apartment scene but for the apartment scene he should have untucked shirt and I am not convinced he wore his Jango shoes in that scene. Also the head sculpt is average and doesn't feature any of Jangos battle scars.

But on the plus side he is a very fun figure with all his removable parts and pretty much the best Jango ever released (at least until the Evo Jango hits) so I can not complain too much. I think Hasbro did a great job on this figure, I am just super picky because it is a figure I have wanted since 2002.

Reaction score

Any figure that has 2 layers of removable gear and dosn't look the slightest bit bulky works for me. To me while not the BEST figure of the year it is infact my FAVORITE figure of the year. So many possibilites with this one. I picked up a few of these. It's RARE as [censored] when soft good lay nicely like they do on this one. The final wave of the year is great and this is by far the best figure out of the bunch.

Reaction score

I got two of these guys today, and he is by far my favorite figure this year. I love the gear, and I love the great articulation. The only problem I had was that the stitching burst on the right arm of one Jango's poncho; still, it was a two minute fix with some blue thread, so it wasn't a problem.

Has anyone had any luck getting the belt to hold together after removing it? I don't want to yank mine off if it won't go back on well.

Reaction score

I'm surprised by the material Hasbro used to make the poncho. I was expecting the same old cloth they use for everything like the Jedi robes.

Reaction score

I'm glad they didn't use the same old crappy fuzzy kinda crap they use for the jedi robes. As for the belt being removed? I pulled the tab slowly and it came apart nicely. the glue is rather rubbery and comes apart easily. It dosn't stay the best afterwords. But if u jsut want to see it without the belt and thne out it ba ck on and display it it should be fine. If u plan on handeling it alot and hopeing the belt stays latched ur outta luck.

Reaction score

I got the belt/holster off mine without it coming apart at all. It wasn't easy, but it can be done.

Reaction score

OK, thanks. I got impatient and took the belt off, then put it back on. Mine holds together fine, as long as I don't mess with the figure's legs. If I change his leg position, the belt comes apart, unless I hold it together while repositioning the legs. Then, it sticks together fine.

GNT

Reaction score
I cant even remember the last time I saw a Jango on the shelves it's been that long! I remember when we were getting a different version every couple of waves or so. When I saw this one hangng on the pegs yesterday I just had had to have a couple for my collection. To top it off I love the the cardback artwork for Jango, very nice!

Reaction score

MandalorianKid said:
I'm glad they didn't use the same old crappy fuzzy kinda crap they use for the jedi robes. As for the belt being removed? I pulled the tab slowly and it came apart nicely. the glue is rather rubbery and comes apart easily. It dosn't stay the best afterwords. But if u jsut want to see it without the belt and thne out it ba ck on and display it it should be fine. If u plan on handeling it alot and hopeing the belt stays latched ur outta luck.
Oh yes, I love the cloak, it's a welcoming change, and when you soak it in water, it looks very nice! But something funny is, my belt "didn't have glue", it just "fell off" - anyone with the same situation? (And I don't want it off
frown.gif
, Glue seems to be my only choice now
tongue.gif
)

Zam

Reaction score

Looking around on EvilBay and found this bragging about have 18 Jangos w/Ponchos- read the description-scalper!!! Jango Scalped

Reaction score

Got a hold of one of these and can say that this is one heck of a figure. I have him posed without the chest/shoulder armor or his helmet. I think that he looks best without the upper body armor and helmet, but it is nice that they were included. My example's right arm below the elbow ball socket does not sit completely against the end of his sleeve, and this leaves a very small gap. This is really the only negative thing I have to say about Jango though.

If you can find him, grab one.

Reaction score

KillerVole said:
I got two of these guys today, and he is by far my favorite figure this year. I love the gear, and I love the great articulation. The only problem I had was that the stitching burst on the right arm of one Jango's poncho; still, it was a two minute fix with some blue thread, so it wasn't a problem.

Has anyone had any luck getting the belt to hold together after removing it? I don't want to yank mine off if it won't go back on well.
The belt will go back on if you remove the tab glue, but it might not stay clasped if you move the legs. I do agree that this figure is the greatest of 07. The only thing I would have changed is the head which I have:
The photo seems to "bleach" out the neck causing it to look much paler than the head I used, but it is actually closer in color than it looks. What an excellent figure.

Reaction score

Lord_Atmo said:
hey where did you get those gauntlet parts?

Their from the old deluxe jango from 2002. It had a removable chest pice and gauntlets. It also had a jet pack the size of my fist. For some god awfull reason I still find that figure amusing. I keep my TAC jango displayed next to all his armor from both figures. just like that pic. The saber dark came with dexter I believe.

Reaction score

I just dug out my set of gauntlets, and they don't fit on the figure at all. Too bad. The jetpack from Kamino Escape Jango (the one that was rereleased last year) fits decently, if a bit loosely, on this Jango. No other Jango helmet will fit at all.

Reaction score

KillerVole said:
I just dug out my set of gauntlets, and they don't fit on the figure at all. Too bad. The jetpack from Kamino Escape Jango (the one that was rereleased last year) fits decently, if a bit loosely, on this Jango. No other Jango helmet will fit at all.
Yeah, the helmet included fits a bit snug and does not want to go all the way down. I was thinking about performing a minor surgery on an older jango figure and cutting about mid-way through the forearm to enable this new jango to have swappable arms. Kind of a tough choice as I only have about 7 other jangos.
Some other fun accessories to equip this jango with are these:

Reaction score

KillerVole said:

Picked this fig up over the weekend. I think he's bad@$$ too, but I had the same problem. I'll probably leave it unless it really starts to bug me.

Reaction score

it's not perfect but its a JANGO FIGURE THAT ISNT A KITBASH so im happy
smirk.gif

Reaction score

Found this guy on the pegs at Target today and was quite impressed. So impressed that he unexpectedly came home with me. Once out of the package, I was even more impressed.

Total VOTC/VTSC quality. Top notch all the way.

I don't understand all the hate for this figure. I feel he is pretty darn cool and so unlike anything else we have. Personally, I think it's kinda cool to get such an off the wall Jango. The softgoods and the armor are both done well. As in the sculpt on his shirt underneath.

Glad I found him. Even more glad I picked him up.

Reaction score

I paid $8.49 for him at K-Mart, but I gotta say I love him. I tried sticking the gauntlets from that old SAGA Jango with the huge jetpack on his, but they just looked akward. I can't wait for the Fett LEgacy set, and this guy is just the thing to tide me over. He's especially grea tbecause, unlike Clone armor Obi or the Training clone, the armor on this guy actually looks like it's part of the figure, not just an added accessory. Even if it's not completely accurate, this guy's going in my geonosis set up till the Evo Jango makes it out.

Reaction score

MARK2D2 said:
Found this guy on the pegs at Target today and was quite impressed. So impressed that he unexpectedly came home with me. Once out of the package, I was even more impressed.

Total VOTC/VTSC quality. Top notch all the way.

I don't understand all the hate for this figure. I feel he is pretty darn cool and so unlike anything else we have. Personally, I think it's kinda cool to get such an off the wall Jango. The softgoods and the armor are both done well. As in the sculpt on his shirt underneath.

Glad I found him. Even more glad I picked him up.

I feel the same way about it Mark...I think the first is top notch...as well as the card artwork...Man I would have bought that as a print..

Reaction score

I've seen three of this guy now. He doesn't sell half as quickly as I'd expected, in fact, he seems to hang around longer than the droideka. Not that that's a bad thing....

By the way, awesome pictures coybrafett! Where are those blue flames from? The preview clone trooper?