Jango Fett - #57

Reaction score
Re: Jango Fett w/Poncho

Cannot wait, Mr. Curto. Thank you for the SLEW of great updates lately. This is my most anticipated basic figure of the year.

Reaction score

FORUM SNEAK PREVIEW!!!

At usual, forum members get the first look at the new Photo Archive update!

30-57: Jango Fett (Bounty Hunter)

I want to shot a comparison shot of all the Jango Fett figures, but I haven't had a chance to get the others out of storage yet (and I don't have the tin figure yet), so that will have to come another time.

I'm thinking this figure is also at least partially inspired by the Jango Fett one shot comic...but I need to dig that out to confirm. Either way, there's a lot to like here...
grin.gif

Sev

Reaction score

Awesome! This one's a must-have for me!!!

Reaction score

ummmmm.....ok. This figure reminds me of an attempt at making a Jango Fett costume. Thumbs down for me IMO.

Reaction score

I like this thing. I'm thinking about getting one now. There are just so many things you can do with it, and the cloth is well-done.

CLS

Reaction score

"Is that a real poncho or a Sears poncho?"

-cs™

Reaction score

The facial likeness seems too young to be Jango.

Instead, it reminds me of young Boba Fett from the so-called "young reader" Boba Fett series.

Reaction score

Great photos curto. I will definately get this guy and add some scars to his face ala exacto. The fact that he is missing some armor is ok by me. All that extra gear makes up for it. This figure looks better than I thought it would.

Reaction score

Lookin' good. Hasbro has not disappointed this year.

Of course, by doing such a great job this year, they do set the bar awfully high for themselves for the next few.
crazy.gif

Reaction score

Overall it gets a thumbs up from me, but I really don't understand why they didn't give him the facial scars. Gauntlets would have been nice too, but I understand how that could have been difficult if they had tried to put gloves on there too. Maybe a second pair of forearms for a future release?

Reaction score

Fantastic! Really excited about this one. This could gone either way for me. Really taps into the gunslinger influence.. Bringing closer to the another movie charactor called Django (pronounced Jango) That spaghetti western bounty killer theme has always been linked to the Fetts.
django02.jpg

Nice taster until to the EVO figure next year.

Reaction score

Hey curto, can you tell us if the belt is removable via peg(similar to rots clone commander), or if it just slips over the figure.
Thanks again.

Reaction score

He said in the photo archive that is is removable but tough to slide over the hips and feet, so that would imply to me that it doesn't open up.

Reaction score

Tontus314 said:
He said in the photo archive that is is removable but tough to slide over the hips and feet, so that would imply to me that it doesn't open up.
I see where he says that but when I see this:
TAC57jangoApack-tn.jpg

It makes me think that it has a peg that was glued together?

Reaction score

Well, based on that picture I'd say it looks like it was meant to open up. Maybe he meant the the bottom straps gave him a problem when removing the belt.

Reaction score

the bottom straps don't slide over the hips at all, so that's not what he meant. I like this figure a lot! Can't wait to get a couple. The head might be better transplanted to another clone; Cody's the only clone head that's very Jango-like with scars & all, but is obviously too small. Most of the other ROTS clones look older than this head, at least. In any case, fun figure.

Also, swappable forearms in a future release won't work, unless it's from the elbow down due to the rolled up sleeves. Then... well, why not? He'd also need thigh plates so maybe they can retool the thighs for a couple holes, since clip-ons probably won't work with the holster straps. Then it'd truly be a great 'removable armor' Jango and everyone can melt their 2002 Deluxe Jangos into scrap
tongue.gif

Reaction score

Between this Jango & the Evolutions one, I don't think we'll see another one from Hasbro for a looooong time.

Reaction score

Another new sculpt, maybe not, but if demand is there, we'll probably see both repacked a few times, and hopefully find their way into Battlepacks for new collectors. A retool of this one like I mentioned wouldn't be a big deal, and could appeal to a different set of collectors or kids than the Evo one, so I think it's possible in a couple years. Maybe not LIKELY, just possible. Especially if the Evo one's spectacular
wink.gif

Hasbro would probably hesitate to release Evo on a basic card, so they'll put out this clunkier 'removable armor' one with some newly tooled forearms and expect people to gobble it up (a bit like Smuggler Han this year; no reason to spend the money to sculpt AND tool new lower legs and new arms, yet they did; VOTC Han with new hands and the new headset head would've been enough, it seems to me, but maybe the cost of the extra articulation really does outweigh the cost of the other new bits, tools & all)

Reaction score

coybrafett said:
Tontus314 said:
I see where he says that but when I see this:
TAC57jangoApack-tn.jpg

It makes me think that it has a peg that was glued together?
Yes, the belt looks like it might have been designed to "unbuckle" in the back, but it's glued together.

I got it off by squeezing the legs together and sliding the belt down. It's a little tricky, but it can be done.

Also, the boots are a bit of a problem to get the legs straps around, but it can be done. Just be careful and go slow.

Reaction score

Ya know, it's been almost a month since that magazine or whatever got its exclusive shots of the Fett EVO set. So where the hell are the pics? It's hard to believe that they haven't surface anywhere....

Reaction score

Probably another month or so, depending on how fast the magazine goes to print. ToyFare, for instance, usually has photos of the 'incoming' waves a good 1-3 months AFTER we see 'em (the white-background photos, I mean) but still a couple months ahead of when they're due in stores. From what I recall.

Reaction score

wampa01 said:
Between this Jango & the Evolutions one, I don't think we'll see another one from Hasbro for a looooong time.

Yeah, but between those 2, do you really need another one?

EDIT: It just occurred to me that now that they've got an awesome Jango figure, they'll revert to lame old Saga molds for the inevitable re-releases. So we may actually see another Jango after these, just not a new one.

Reaction score

Having one in-hand, and not having opened the McTrooper yet, I dare say this is the figure of the wave. Excellent all the way around.

Reaction score

Well that's nice to hear. Hopefully mine ships before Thanksgiving.... Not that there's too much of a shot at that
crazy.gif

Reaction score

Definitely fits the bill for me - the accessories are meaningless - it works well enough as a Kaimeno apartment Jango, and that's all I could ask out of the figure - Kudos to Hasbro for making the accessories all separate.

I like pretty much everything about this wave!

Can't wait to find some!

'78

Reaction score

I was able to swap heads with the trainee figure. Still have to try with maybe the alpha figure, since he has a lot of scars, or maybe the clone combat engineer. His armor fits PERFECTLY on the DST, even the helmet is not too bad. Now IF I could get the AOTC Jango figure that came w removable gaunlets...

Reaction score

Count_Cooku said:
I was able to swap heads with the trainee figure. Still have to try with maybe the alpha figure, since he has a lot of scars, or maybe the clone combat engineer. His armor fits PERFECTLY on the DST, even the helmet is not too bad. Now IF I could get the AOTC Jango figure that came w removable gaunlets...
The dst or do you mean the death star gunner?

Reaction score

coybrafett said:
Count_Cooku said:
The dst or do you mean the death star gunner?

Thats right!

Reaction score

I went back and watched the apartment scene again. This figure is completely wrong for that scene. The shirt should be light blue and untucked. The pants looked dark blue to me as well. Still a cool figure, but somewhat of a let down to me.

On a side note, I'm working on a custom version to fix the problems. I'm using a POTC Prisoner Will torso sligly modified with Jango arms painted blue. The legs are from VOTC Lando and with Jango boots. The head will be from the Saga Jango. Still got some painting left, but so far it looks pretty cool.

Reaction score

Picked up this guy at wal-mart for $4.94 and what a figure. The belt is in fact glued together but is not hard to get it apart. Just run it in very hot water or boil it and the glue melts and the belt is then easier to get off. Just pull apart where the tab is here:
TAC57jangobelt2-tn.jpg

Reaction score

Found one of these today. I don't mind the armor as much as I thought I would. This is a pretty cool figure.

Reaction score

Found this guy today and he is quite the awesome figure. Sure, I would have preferred gauntlets on him like the card art shows, but I can deal. Great articulation and it definitely has me excited about next years Evo SA Jango.