Jabba's Throne w/Oola

GNT

Reaction score
As of the 2/3 Q&A, this has been confirmed as a release for later 2010. The release will include the Dais and a pack-in figure (that is currently presumed to be Oola).

Reaction score
Re: Jabba The Hutt - ROTJ version

He definitely should have the throne, the hooka pipe & chamber thing, the Salacious Crumb from the TAC 3PO, & maybe a long neck chain to fit the new Leia, & for Oola too if she's done some time down the track. They've gotta get his face & overall colour right though. He needs big reptilian eyes, not at all recessed like the vintage one, & not wearing a big green dinner jacket like the Saga1 version.

I'd love to see a BJ torso, his fat rolls would disguise that joint beautifully if sculpted right. BJ shoulders & elbows, swivel wrists, & maybe a segmented tail to pose differently depending on his mood. Opening/closing eyelids perhaps?

I wonder if they'll incorporate a soundchip into him? It'd be cool to have him recite a couple lines from the film like 'BOHSKA' or him laughing etc.

Can't forget the arm tattoo either..

GNT

Reaction score

A soundchip would be pretty neat, I wouldn't mind paying more for that to be included into the figure or even the throne itself. As long as Jabba has his Tatoo I'll be happy!

Reaction score

They'd be crazy to release him without his throne...again.

Reaction score

DarthPete said:
They'd be crazy to release him without his throne...again.
I'd rather have a throne with no Jabba than the other way around.

Reaction score

Hopefully they'll find some way (that I won't notice) to offset any excess cost of also including his throne. It'll be a crying shame if once again he doesn't have the dais.

Most important though is the sculpt and paintjob. I worry about the latter because paintjobs have been getting worse over the years, not better. And it was already bad enough on the saga version.

Reaction score

I just hope they actually look at ROTJ images for reference and avoid any attempt to make it resemble SE/TPM/CW Jabba in any way.

Reaction score

I would like the same sculptor that did the Rancor to sculpt a new Jabba.

Reaction score

Though I would love a new throne, if it happens to not "cost out" for Hasbro, I wont mind too much. As long as we get a new Jabba, I will be happy! I wonder how much a new jabba and throne would cost?
Actually, I dont mind the old vintage throne. Still looks pretty good even by todays standards!

Reaction score

It would be almost pointless to release him without his throne if they are making a ROTJ version of his character, since he doesn't exactly slither around without it.

Reaction score

Great news but we need throne too because its Jabbas [censored] nice thorne.

Reaction score

Damn you and the tooling costs/budget restraints cop-out excuses, Hasbro, HE NEEDS his f'ing throne finally! If the extra money required to do a new a throne isn't availible when that time comes, then give something else in that price range the shaft to compensate spending extra to give the Hutt the freakin' dais. That is absolutely important to him and his character... and since all other modern Jabbas haven't gotten said throne it's WAY past the point of overdue, this is ridiculous.

Seriously.

Reaction score

i would really welcome jabba with his throne. i know hasbro would be able to swing this into their costs. i mean if the scramble of yavin bp was 23.99 and the lars homestead was 49.99; i am sure hasbro would be able to make this affordable in some aspect. or better yet, make it a battle pack or an ultimate battle pack

Reaction score

I'd be up for a new Jabba, but I still like the Saga version, despite some of its shortcomings. Maybe a new one could incorporate some kind of squishy, "real-feel" material like the Saga Aayla Secura did. Which was weird.

Reaction score

Releasing them seperate? lol they're not Sideshow this stuff isn't made of polystone!

Reaction score

If it doesn't come with the dias I'm not buying it. Happy enough with the sculpt from the one we got in 2004. If they could round it out with the Jawa with the fan it would be nice, but since Hasbro has been seriously cheaping out on battle packs I'm not getting my hopes up for that much. It'll probably be just Jabba and the throne for $24.99.

Reaction score

I'll happily pay the 19.99 price range if it means we get the throne. They should also throw in a Salacious Crumb in there or another small palace figure.

Reaction score

KKruhk_Master said:
I'll happily pay the 19.99 price range if it means we get the throne. They should also throw in a Salacious Crumb in there or another small palace figure.
He'll most likely cost more than that.

I'd say $25-$30.

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
KKruhk_Master said:
He'll most likely cost more than that.

I'd say $25-$30.
Considering we're paying $29.99 for a Sandtrooper & Dewback, I'd expect a Jabba w/throne to come in at the same price point.

Reaction score

$25 is fair but $30 and up I'd have to see how good a job they do with it to buy it. Hopefully they do a good job with this figure considering how long we've had to wait for a new ROTJ Jabba.

Reaction score

He'd definitely have to be in a BP format because they don't have anything like a Deluxe line to slot him in, besides these days him and an accessory would cost $25 anyways!
I think the best pack-in figure would be a brand new Oola, we already have several Salacious Crumb figures in circulation.
Jabba - New
Dias - New
Oola - New
------------
= $30.00

Reaction score

This is the most ridiculous thing that Ive ever heard and it better be a big lie considering theres never been a good modern Jabba or dias in the modern line period. You know fans are sick of budgetary constraints. this isnt any run of the mill environmental piece; this is one of the most iconic characters in the entire sw movies yet here we are almost 15 years later after the modern line has started still without a good accurate Jabba and dias. Get on the ball Depriest and get your clone wars crap out of your mind. ENOUGH ALREADY!

The barbeque stand needs to be included as well so it better be with him too.

Reaction score

^How about an in scale Star Destroyer with a holding bay for an included all new Tantive IV while we're at it.

Ty

Reaction score

LOL, Hasbro just use the SSC Jabba w/ environment and shrink it down. They have tried and tried to give us a decent Jabba and they're always terrible... Please give us a nice new Jabba.. I really don't care what it costs.

Reaction score

KKruhk_Master said:
plan on spending alot more if we get a throne.

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
^How about an in scale Star Destroyer with a holding bay for an included all new Tantive IV while we're at it.
how about a larger scale at-at?

Reaction score

I could care less about Jabba. I'd probably pass.

Reaction score

If they could make a mold of the old vintage one with a new paint job it would be better than any of the crud they've produced thus far.

Here is my custom vintage Jabba for reference

Made from Vintage Jabba, vintage dias, and ultra Jabba pipe holder.

Jason

Reaction score

FlorenceBeach said:
VintijDroidGutzz said:
Well, I think that's something that is probably LIKELY.. as opposed to my sarcastic suggestion or the last guy's pie in the sky request.

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
FlorenceBeach said:
VintijDroidGutzz said:
Well, I think that's something that is probably LIKELY.. as opposed to my sarcastic suggestion or the last guy's pie in the sky request.
I doubt it.

Reaction score

Three cheers for extremely wishful thinking then!
I bet the larger AT-AT happens at some stage though.

Btw, nice custom vintage Jabba there jlw515!
The only real downfall IMO with that one was the little recessed eyes. They need to be BIG & more reptilian in appearance - which is what I hope a new one will get.

Reaction score

The vintage dais holds up OK. If they use decent plastic, and do a nice paint job on it, it could work (though the unmder Jabba compartment is kind of pointless.
They are capable of delivering a high-quality ROTJ Jabba, it's just a matter of them doing it.

Reaction score

Another Jabba ?! Great
.... I'm personally Pleased with the 2004 Saga Ultrapack one .

GNT

Reaction score

Darth_Soundwave said:
Another Jabba ?! Great
.... I'm personally Pleased with the 2004 Saga Ultrapack one .
If I remember correctly that one was just an update/retool of the 99 Jabba glob or Jabba w/podracer version. Time for an actual ROTJ instead of a cheap retool.

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
with the Tonnika sisters!!!