Jabba's Skiff Guards 3 Pack

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like we'll be seeing a 3 pack of Jabba's guards Vizam, Brock Starsher and all new Verdain.

Thoughts on this pack?

Reaction score
I'm dreading that I'll have pay $40 for one new character. I have two each of Brock and Vizam, I truly don't need more.

Reaction score
I just pre-ordered one on Dorkside. It’s nice for people who missed out on the two repacks. I can resale those for a fair price and help offset the cost of the new Nikto. More figures for everyone!

Reaction score
Just got my preorder in from Entertainment Earth along with the Gamorrean Guard. I feel for the collectors upset with all the repacks, but as somebody who was out of the collecting game during the first run of the Vintage Collection, I'm loving that Hasbro is giving people like me a chance to pick these up without scouring Ebay. As somebody whose favorite set piece has always been Jabba's Palace, this toy fair felt like Christmas.

Reaction score
Loving this three pack and will definitely be pre-ordering when it's up on UK online retailers. Both re-packs are great choices (especially Brock) and Vedain is a nice addition.

Reaction score
Just got my preorder in from Entertainment Earth along with the Gamorrean Guard. I feel for the collectors upset with all the repacks, but as somebody who was out of the collecting game during the first run of the Vintage Collection, I'm loving that Hasbro is giving people like me a chance to pick these up without scouring Ebay. As somebody whose favorite set piece has always been Jabba's Palace, this toy fair felt like Christmas.
I sort of agree. Although I hate repacks, these particular ones aren’t so silly. There is a bit of a Christmas vibe.

Reaction score
I just heard they will be a carded 3 pack???!!!! That's even more awesome!

Reaction score
I just heard they will be a carded 3 pack???!!!! That's even more awesome!
Yeah, I heard the same! Watching the SW Action News livestream, and the Hasbro Rep said something like "these two were previously released, but will now be on vintage cards for the first time."
My only disappointment with that news is that it probably means I won't be having a carded Vedain since I'll have to open him, but it takes all the pain out of getting the repacks when they're packaged on vintage cards.

Reaction score
I missed out on Brock so it's nice to have another chance at him. It looks like they didn't fix his microscopic head problem though? :/

Reaction score
I missed out on Brock so it's nice to have another chance at him. It looks like they didn't fix his microscopic head problem though? :/
Doesn't seem so. Bummer. Kinda ruins the figure for me.

Vedain looks good at least. Is he accurate though?

Reaction score
With Vedian coming that only leaves the human guy from the prisoner skiff right?

Reaction score
Is that even a Vedain figure? It looks like the previous Nikto figure from a couple of years ago repainted a little bit with an odd new hat thing

Reaction score
Is that even a Vedain figure? It looks like the previous Nikto figure from a couple of years ago repainted a little bit with an odd new hat thing
It's a kit bash of parts with a new hat to make Vedain.

Some customizers have used these same parts to make their own version.

Hasbro really should explore their library of parts more to make cool kit bashes that could be offered on Hasbro pulse. Even their own fictional characters.

Reaction score
His legs look to be from the Weequay and I think his arms are from the blue Nikto? Everything else looks new to me.

Reaction score
I'm definitely interested in this set. Great sculpts. However, it seems to be an online-only item & since I primarily buy toys @ brick and mortar stores (or at least toys I can get online for retail price) I probably won't be able to get this.

Reaction score
I'm definitely interested in this set. Great sculpts. However, it seems to be an online-only item & since I primarily buy toys @ brick and mortar stores (or at least toys I can get online for retail price) I probably won't be able to get this.
If you don’t buy online you might as well throw in the towel with collecting. Retail isn’t going to clear wave 1 of TVC anytime soon. Lots of people have wave 4 but I have yet to hear of anyone finding it in stores. For TVC it’s online or bust at this point.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Vedain looks fantastic, and I'll gladly take another Brock. I think I have 2 Vizams, though, so I'll probably sell him off. Wasn't there a black-suited Brock in the palace? The one that gets knocked down by Chewie? He had the same helmet.

Reaction score
I don't have 2 of the 3. So, I am happy about it. Not crazy about $40 but oh well.

Reaction score
I'm dreading that I'll have pay $40 for one new character. I have two each of Brock and Vizam, I truly don't need more.
I kind of agree, anyone other than Vedian! lol
While part of me was miffed at the prospect of more repacks. The other part was okay with it being a repack, as I wouldn't have to worry about this one item. Now I have to get one must have figure...
Though in truth, i don't remember if I ever got Sgt. Pepper. I missed a few figures during that ROTJ wave. And my memory is foggy on details these days.

It's a kit bash of parts with a new hat to make Vedain.
Hasbro really should explore their library of parts more to make cool kit bashes that could be offered on Hasbro pulse. Even their own fictional characters.
Agreed, they need to get back to this! And now with their new Club Subscription, maybe they'll do what they've been doing with Joe figures. Only not charge $50 each.

Skiff Looks Awesome, cant wait to get one and Jabba's Palace!

Reaction score
Sgt Doallyn or Brock Starshwhatever, thats the only action figure worth getting from the 3 pack. As for Vedain or whatever his name is, that the best they could do to make a "new" figure for Vedain?

Reaction score
Last time I watched Return of the Jedi millions of time, theres only one Niktu which is more well known from the old Kenner line and the last new figure from Wave 14 of the Vintage Collection series from a couple of years ago

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Thats Sgt. Doallyn that you refer too.
Yes, just that Brock is sometimes known as Doallyn- but it looks like it's Bane Malar's body with Doallyn's head that gets knocked down by Chewie.

bac

Reaction score
I have one of the three figures in this pack. The "extra" can either go in Jabba's palace or, if he'll fit, into the Barge cockpit.

If I had 2 of the 3 then both extras could become the Barge pilots. Easy solution.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Yes, just that Brock is sometimes known as Doallyn- but it looks like it's Bane Malar's body with Doallyn's head that gets knocked down by Chewie.
t absolutely is. There is an alternate take of that scene and you can tell that the coustumes (bandolier configuration) are identical.
I

Reaction score
Looks like a pretty good set, but its a shame they're mixing one new character with repacks, which is something they said they'd no longer do. Admittedly that was quite some time ago, so I guess that's out the window with the new team. Vedain seems like a solid figure, but not worth the price of the set...

Reaction score
You forget though, that was said during the good ole days when they were printing Money with Clone repaints. lol

Times are tough now.

Reaction score
Haha, I honestly don't remember when they said it - I've been collecting so long that the years are blurred together. o-o lol At this point though, I simply don't want the extra figures - I suppose I could use them as custom fodder, but I prefer not having any duplicates anymore. Perhaps Vedain will show up as a factory reject on ebay?

Reaction score
Cool set for me since I had considered Brock and Vizam off ebay loose and they both cost a decent penny. What is more impressive to me and pretty encouraging is Vedain being a smart kitbash. If Hasbro does its research, it could crank out quite a few of very good figures from its already existing pieces. Thoughts?

Reaction score
A Boshek helmet on a Bossk body kind of thing! I’ll try to think of some...

Reaction score
Is vizam coming with the rail gun I wonder? Wondering if I should get rid of my old one with or without it.
He is. One of the Hasbro reps at Toy Fair said a couple of Vizam's accessories got mis-placed (or something like that...) on the way to Toy Fair but Vizam is coming with all his accessories in TVC including the rail gun.

Reaction score
A Boshek helmet on a Bossk body kind of thing! I’ll try to think of some...
yes, smart kit bashes and repaints. I always thought Owen from the maul vs uncle Owen set should have been repainted in the ot colors. Very simple repaint.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Hasbro doesn't even need to do the research for kitbashing. They just need to ask for ideas. I'm pretty sure someone here has already compiled a long list of Kitbashed figures.

Reaction score
Glad to see Hasbro are making sure everyone get a chance at filling up their Barge and Skiff(s).