Jabba's Sail Barge

Reaction score
So I guess now we can look for this add. “For sale rare Haslab Jabba’s sail barge ( parts only) “lightly played with condition.” :)

Reaction score
Great in a few year when someone is selling a 90% trashed barge, I'll already have the idea to get some painted cotton & light bulbs to make the explosion. o-o

Reaction score
That’s as refined and sophisticated as it gets. Awesome place. I don’t think I’d ever leave the room!

Reaction score
Cool display!

I wonder if there would be interest in a new "larger" Sarlacc, that actually has a throat for figures to slide down into the stomach? And also come with an all new Boba Fett, and one of the unreleased Skiff Guards as a HasLab Project.

Reaction score
Thank you very much guys!!!
I have to ask - what exactly inspired the grate design for your stand base? I know I've seen it in ROTJ before, is it the prison grates on the doors at Jabba's Palace? I feel like when Luke tries to get out of the Rancor pit you see it there, but I can't remember. Either way, clever design and homage to the movie.

Reaction score
Yes. It would have come from either the door Luke and the Gammie slide through into the Rancor pit or the larger door Luke tries to escape the pit through before killing the Rancor.

I have to ask - what exactly inspired the grate design for your stand base? I know I've seen it in ROTJ before, is it the prison grates on the doors at Jabba's Palace? I feel like when Luke tries to get out of the Rancor pit you see it there, but I can't remember. Either way, clever design and homage to the movie.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Good eye. Yes, it's the Jabba / Rancor window design from the Star Wars to Indiana Jones book. I also used the design for the Rancor studio model (this is still in the works).

For the pedestal of the barge I have it now a little bit transformed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cool display!

I wonder if there would be interest in a new "larger" Sarlacc, that actually has a throat for figures to slide down into the stomach? And also come with an all new Boba Fett, and one of the unreleased Skiff Guards as a HasLab Project.
Just remember that the Legacy(?) era Pit of Carcoon set that came with the Sarlacc did in fact feature this ability. The Sarlacc itself attaches to the sand base above it, so it intentionally raises the height of it, allowing for figures to fall through the hole or look like they are being swallowed. I believe the tentacles also had wire inside them so you could wrap them around a figure somewhat. No doubt they could do an even better one, but the original design was damn cool and they could easily reissue that.

Reaction score
I'm sure it's been stated and shown before, but as I watched the original movies on Disney+ tonight to skim through the quality of the digital cuts, I saw a quick shot on Jabba's Barge of his relief painting that they included on the wall inside the dais/bed area. It's so cool that it was an actual prop in there from the film! I thought that was some Mark Boudreaux creative licensing...crazy to still find something new in the movies I've seen hundreds of times.

Reaction score
I don’t know if anyone has seen this before but I came across an old photo that someone took of the rancor gargoyle on the actual film set:

I’m sure there’s more hidden gems like this floating around online.
This is exactly the kind of thing I love seeing, how cool is that!? Here I thought Hasbro took all these liberties and to find out they were literally inside the barge this whole time is amazing to me. Those designers in the 1983 really knew what they were doing. That stuff never gets recognition in the film, but just knowing it's there in the periphery makes the whole world seem so real and really alive. It's why as a kid watching ROTJ the the pit scenes I felt it was completely real and actually taking place in a galaxy far, far away.

Reaction score
I don’t know if anyone has seen this before but I came across an old photo that someone took of the rancor gargoyle on the actual film set:

I’m sure there’s more hidden gems like this floating around online.
THere is actually a group of people that worked on the films that have tons of personal pictures they share between one another. They don't make them public often however. A friend had a relative that worked on all 3 films, and I have seen some that were spectacular, but they won't share out of fear of being sued, or even worse having to surrender their personal memories. If you look hard enough from time to time one slips out....

Reaction score
Those personal pics would be truly valuable, as both historical artifacts and rare collectibles. It's neat that they exist out there somewhere!

Reaction score
I really wish I had the money and desire for one when it was on Haslab. Now I'm saving up for one on secondary market. If I could get one for at least $1000 I'd call that a win.

Reaction score
Showed my GF an ebay listing with buy it now of $2500. She rolled her eyes and turned away.

Obviously fair, that's outside my price range. $500 may have been as well, but damn it this thing does look good.

Reaction score
Haven't visited this thread in a while. Very impressed by the pics. in post #12,329 above. Gorgeous display here. And, this just emphasizes how HUGE this Barge is - amazing. I didn't get this, but am glad it was made & am also glad it sold as well as it did - very nice.