Jabba's Sail Barge

Reaction score
I agree. Adam Pawlus has been dropping reasonably poorly-disguised hints to this effect in his weekly Q&A column. As an industry insider he would be in the know but unable to break any confidentiality. That's the way I read a lot of his recent commentary, anyway.
Hints that Hasbro is going to be done or that they’ll renew?

Reaction score
Given that I returned to collecting 3.75" Hasbro this year after 15 years away I'd be somewhat gutted if Hasbro gave up the license next year.

I would have thought an announcement is being kept back until after the release of TROS in case it affects it in some way.

Reaction score
I would consider going the custom route for some of the pieces I still want if Hasbro were to lose their license.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Barge is safe for kids to play with? My four year old wants to play with her Sylvanian Families figures on the Barge. I know it says 14 up but I wondered if that was just because it's an adult collectible or if there's some genuine safety reason.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Barge is safe for kids to play with? My four year old wants to play with her Sylvanian Families figures on the Barge. I know it says 14 up but I wondered if that was just because it's an adult collectible or if there's some genuine safety reason.
My kids played with it a little bit, but I was sitting in the room with them. Maybe take off some of the more fragile pieces, like the fins in the back and the sails.

@misterskeezler on Instagram

Reaction score
All good points. I guess ultimately I’m hoping they don’t renew for purely selfish reasons: I had no idea in 1995 when I started collecting this line I’d still be doing it in 2019! Don’t get me wrong, I don’t regret the stuff I’ve gotten, but I’d also be okay if some other company took over because then that would give me a good stopping point!
Agreed,never thought I would think it but I am about done with collecting.Im really looking for the light at the end of the tunnel.Although the lack of product I have been interested in(ST) has made it cheaper over the last few years.After 24 years of collecting I look forward to retirement lol.

Reaction score
I know the golden years of Hasbro is behind them and I can’t see them thinking SW sales will be what they once were.Im in the camp that they don’t renew the license and let the rat have it.Hasbro has made some amazing figures,vehicles and play sets,end it on a somewhat high note.

Reaction score
They have made pretty much everything I'd ever want. I'm looking forward to seeing what GTP does with their new Death Star sets and I'd like Hasbro to finish off the Jabba's palace set. A few more modular sets to round that out would be nice. But other than that, I don't really collect anymore. This year it was the skiff's, the skiff 3-pack, Jabba's palace, Luke 3-pack, Han Stormtrooper, and Roge One Stormtroopers. Pretty minimal all things considered.

Reaction score
Agreed. I just keep picking up stuff as they release it, but if it wete all done, it wouldn't bother me. They're never going to update the ewok village anyway. :grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’s sad but true. My daughter and I built our own modern Ewok Village.

Reaction score

Jabba invited some guests to hang out on the Barge. He’s still got his Takara Tomy Jawa for an intern, and the Orc as his Chief of Security, along with two Gamorreans. Vedain is there, as is a Custom Kenner Ithorian. In my world, Uncle Gundy and Jabba are friends. Jaxxon and another Lepi guy are there spying for the Rebellion, and a Shistavanen Wolfman is hanging around looking for freebies.

Reaction score

Then a giant sand-turtle shows up, and starts harassing the guests. The Orc tells people not to fall in.

Reaction score
This might not be the right place, but does anyone know of a list of characters who appeared in Jabba's Palace/Barge outside of the movies? Like Ahsoka, Vader, Mara Jade, Dash Rendar, etc. Whether it was from a tv show, comic, video game etc.
I'd love to include everyone in my set up, but I haven't seen a list anywhere.

Reaction score
That's because if it wasn't in the films it didn't happen :)

Remove and burn that stupid Hammerhead skeleton!

Reaction score
This might not be the right place, but does anyone know of a list of characters who appeared in Jabba's Palace/Barge outside of the movies? Like Ahsoka, Vader, Mara Jade, Dash Rendar, etc. Whether it was from a tv show, comic, video game etc.
I'd love to include everyone in my set up, but I haven't seen a list anywhere.
I think Mara Jade may have been in there once. There are no elevators in the palace are there? So how did a rather rotund beast of a Jamba get in? Star Wars isn’t very disability friendly is it?

Reaction score
I wonder if they figured out chairs or ships first? The trial and error in dialing back the thrust would have been...kinda hilarious.

Reaction score
Mara Jade wore a blue nightie there once, spying as the “Emperor’s Hand.” She was pretending to be a dancer named Arica. It may not be one of the EU’s finest moments, but it happened.

Reaction score
Mara Jade wore a blue nightie there once, spying as the “Emperor’s Hand.” She was pretending to be a dancer named Arica. It may not be one of the EU’s finest moments, but it happened.
It technically *didn't* happen as the EU is not (and never was) canon

Reaction score
You don’t have to troll me for helping out a fellow poster, who asked a question. But you’re right.

Reaction score
You don’t have to troll me for helping out a fellow poster, who asked a question. But you’re right.
The original comment must have been edited because I'm not seeing any trolling going on. What did I miss?

Reaction score
There are no elevators in the palace are there? So how did a rather rotund beast of a Jamba get in? Star Wars isn’t very disability friendly is it?
Remember the alcove Jabba and co were hiding in when Leia freed Han? According to the Complete Locations book, that's an elevator. And the Sail Barge has a large opening hatch on the side, much like the toy, allowing him to slide right in.

I love the fact that people are actually paid to figure out random stuff like that. Especially years after the movie.

Reaction score
Remember the alcove Jabba and co were hiding in when Leia freed Han? According to the Complete Locations book, that's an elevator. And the Sail Barge has a large opening hatch on the side, much like the toy, allowing him to slide right in.

I love the fact that people are actually paid to figure out random stuff like that. Especially years after the movie.
Whoah, whoah, whoah...you mean they didn't just stuff jabba down that same hatch that Nysad comes out of?

@misterskeezler on Instagram

Reaction score
So that is one of the most awesome designs ever. Congratulations. What is that?
Thank you very much!.
The floor is made of normal steel, and the tube and the levels are stainless steel.But as I said, everything is still painted in the rusty "used look".

Reaction score
That's really awesome bro. Very creative and unique display. I still haven't opened mine because I'm trying to figure out how to display it.

bac

Reaction score
Thank you very much!.
The floor is made of normal steel, and the tube and the levels are stainless steel.But as I said, everything is still painted in the rusty "used look".
Owning a Barge is half the battle. Displaying it is the other. Great job, catch!

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words guys.@ Ashy_Larry,yes it is the Jabba tattoo,and the Rancor door/window design.