Jabba's Sail Barge

Reaction score
Hmn...if Hasbro makes its money up front(which I understand it does..) and retailers eventually get burned..and thus refuse to order items from Hasbro....which has happened.....do you think maybe Hasbro would have concerns about their items going to clearance? Or no? Hasbro brand managers just laugh? They don’t care...”suckas!!!”, and then try to sell them next years line up?
What will happen is a slow eroding of the marketplace. Stores will start to carry less and less if there’s a risk of product not selling. Hasbro just needs to lower repacks and gauge interest better. I doubt any kids are buying black series and less adults are buying 5poa nowadays.

One good place to start would be getting rid of the two packs, not gimmick fake weapons and force link garbage. Increase sculpts and articulation and get back around a $8 price point at most. Then slow roll out the new aliens and droids with the main cast, but stop stupid 4 packs with 3 repeats or any repeats.

It’s not hard to go back to 2012 lines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The TVC Falcon was around $249.99 or even much more at first over at TRU, the MTT was around $129.99-$179.99, those werent big sellers until after a massive price drops or sales. The X-Wings and Gunships were also very high priced for the TVC releases and didnt sell good until clearance or they hit Ebay from either Hasbro or TRU or whatever.

I suspect this Barge might be a limited piece/exclusive if it does get made. I would not pay over $250 for it to be honest. Even that Black Series Jabba set was overpriced. This new set should've at least included two new thugs plus Jabba and slave Leia.
Disney executed order-66 on slave leia products a while back....sorry

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. Hasbro wants me to throw down $500 and some change right now, only to back the production of this thing? Please tell me this is a joke.

Reaction score
It's not. They need to make sure that it makes financial sense to make this thing. If they produce it and it languishes on shelves at retail and everyone waits for it to hit clearance (and a lot of people would), they'll lose big time on it. I never really expected them to actually give this thing a shot, so if this is the only way it gets made, I'm 100% supporting it.

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. Hasbro wants me to throw down $500 and some change right now, only to back the production of this thing? Please tell me this is a joke.

pretty sure you get the actual sail barge . the 5k marker is to justify making it and the $500price tag includes the price of the barge itself

Reaction score

The whole point is to crowd fund this into exisistance. They won’t take the risk without 100% backing upfront. This is way bigger than the BMF. The price is not that crazy.

Reaction score
Now, open that up to the worldwide collectors community and you have a chance to gather your 5000 backers. US only, with so many collectors having lost hope in the last decade and unloaded most of their collection, not so sure you can reach that number.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I stopped collecting this scale but I would actually consider supporting it to give the next thing a chance too.

Reaction score
Totally supporting this...already placed my order. Was debating on a second one since there is a 5 limit per transaction, but held off for now...the only thing that's gonna suck here is the wait.

Reaction score
If that barge doesn't get funded, or even if it does, it'd be cool if they released the figures that are going to be included with it anyway. Jabba in a classic vintage box and that guard on a cardback.

Reaction score
I have a gut feeling that if they get even close they’ll do it. It’s obvious they have too much time and effort already put into this. Not to mention the new venture for HasbroLabs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm in. As a big fan of the larger-scaled vehicles, I hope this thing goes over well enough to see more.

Reaction score
Did anybody that backed this get charged already? I have Discover and they sent me a notification about it, but I wonder if it's just a hold or something.

Reaction score
I'm gonna keep track of the number here--at 404 at the moment, curious how fast it will get to 1000.

Last edited:
Reaction score
407, it was 380 about 5 min ago

cmon...500 a day for 10 days....cmon cmon

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well since only the U.S can order, their missing out on a lot of Canadian and International orders.
Since I'm Canadian, I'm hoping it doesnt't reach the 5000 goal.

Reaction score
I have a gut feeling that if they get even close they’ll do it. It’s obvious they have too much time and effort already put into this. Not to mention the new venture for HasbroLabs.
I think you're right.

It's a clever idea: "You have to buy it before we make it or we aren't going to make it. :p"

Reaction score
Well since only the U.S can order, their missing out on a lot of Canadian and International orders.
Since I'm Canadian, I'm hoping it doesnt't reach the 5000 goal.

Thats funny, As an American I’m hoping they open it up internationally.

”if I can’t have it, no one should”

so much for human decency.

Reaction score
Is it weird that I am relieved that there’s no electronics?
(I assume you're talking about sail barge) so if it did, one my need to sign over their mortgage and pay Hasbro rent to stay in their own home

Reaction score
Actually it won’t be charged until 4/3. Not 5,000. If it reaches 5000 tomorrow hypothetically, you won’t be billed until 4/3

Reaction score
I contacted Hasbro about the charge. It’s just a qualification and should drop off in 5-7 days. You won’t be charged until 4/3. Probably making sure everything is legit and not a ghost.

i was doing the math and Hasbro is hoping to raise 2.5 million for this venture. Wow!

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you’re on the fence about this due to cost, and you’re looking at strictly from an investment point of view, Hasbro’s large vehicles have generally done extraordinarily well on the secondary market. Often times due to their cool factor and limited production runs. They usually do well in the secondary market because people balk at the retail price and pass, then regret it later. My only regret will probably be not buying two of them. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Reaction score
I contacted Hasbro about the charge. It’s just a qualification and should drop off in 5-7 days. You won’t be charged until 4/3. Probably making sure everything is legit and not a ghost.

i was doing the math and Hasbro is hoping to raise 2.5 million for this venture. Wow!
Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
If you’re on the fence about this due to cost, and you’re looking at strictly from an investment point of view, Hasbro’s large vehicles have generally done extraordinarily well on the secondary market. Often times due to their cool factor and limited production runs. They usually do well in the secondary market because people balk at the retail price and pass, then regret it later. My only regret will probably be not buying two of them. Just my 2 cents
This is a collector focused high quality original trilogy never before seen large size limited production run, online order....it’s secondary market value will be bananas.

Reaction score
Wow. I always wanted this, but it's just far too expensive for my tastes and to be honest, even though I've always wanted a large version, I really don't have a place for it. So cool though. I do hope it gets made for those who have the space and money! And I'm excited about the prospect of this Haslabs thing. Even if I can't get the Sail Barge, the idea behind it gives me hope that we could see a proper to-scale Cantina set some day.

Reaction score
Fence? What fence? Oh maybe I crashed through that fence to get home and order one of these! Come on 5,000!!!!

Reaction score
If it’s successful, my guess will be large scale Sandcrawler on the next run for Toy Fair 2019. My preference ahead of that would be a Blockade Runner. Modular Death Star also possible, or Star Destroyer. More than likely it’ll be the Sandcrawler though.

Reaction score
Forgot that California is a joint property state... Had to order barge #2 so that I'll still have one after SWMBO gets barge #1 in the divorce caused by buying barge #1.

(In reality, if this thing actually reaches production, I shouldn't have any trouble getting my $ back for the second barge.)

Reaction score
If I didn't lose all of my collection last year I would so buy the Sail Barge. Makes me sad in away, but I'm also happy for everyone who wanted this made.

Reaction score
I am going to have to part with some stuff to find this behemoth. I wonder how much my wedding ring is worth. Hmmmm?

Reaction score
Just checked the progress, and it's got over 500 backers now - more than 1/10th of the way there! We got this!