Jabba's Sail Barge

GNT

Reaction score
HASLAB

Details:

Measuring approximately 4ft long, this vast vehicle is a dream item for any Star Wars collection. Designed to captivate and inspire, The Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna) features exquisitely detailed, fan accessible decks that complement 3.75-inch figures (not included) allowing fans and collectors to recreate intense battles in the Star Wars saga. Its removable side panels also offer a unique opportunity to pose and set up incredible dioramas. Complete with premium deco, vintage packaging, and soft cloth sails, this dream product offers Star Wars devotees the quality and realism they know and love. Included with the vehicle is Jabba the Hutt (3.75-inch scale figure).

Approximate Product Specifications

Total length: 49.35"
Total width: 14.64"
Total height (to top of sales): 17.01"
Total weight: 13.89 lbs

Includes Jabba the Hutt 3.75-inch scale figure. Other figures not included.

Interior
A. Take control in the two-person cockpit, complete with a full instrument layout and navigation system
B. Hold enemies captive in the prisoner's cell with a sliding door, floor drains, wall-chained ankle shackles, and Hammerhead skeleton shackled to the cell
C. Head to the galley to cook up the "fresh" catch of the day using built in grill top and sink
D. Prepare for battle in the armory, equipped with a weapons repair bench and storage racks
E. Kick back in Jabba's Lounge, finished with ornate details including wall mounted trophy heads

Exterior
F. Integrated deck gratings help to illuminate interior compartments
G. Capture and hold prisoners easily with a prison cell drop door on the forward deck
H. A hidden "smugglers" compartment located in the armory floor
I. Two rotating cannons with 6 rail-mounted locations provides defense against enemies from every angle
J. Explore the dunes of the planet Tatooine and beyond with 2 soft-cloth, fabric sails
K. Operational shutters in Jabba's Lounge help to minimize distractions and protect from glares of the blazing twin suns of Tatooine

What's Included:

The Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna), complete with exquisitely-detailed and fan accessible interior/exterior decks, two soft-cloth fabric sails, and other realistic features that mimic one of the most notorious vehicles in the Star Wars universe

Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna): Behind the Workbench, a premium, 64-page booklet, that goes behind the scenes of the design and development of the actual Sail Barge film set piece and Hasbro toy. Complete with set photos, product blueprints, interviews, and more

Jabba the Hutt 3.75-inch scale figure

Classic Vintage Collection packaging with special limited edition HASLAB seal of authenticity

A dedicated, ongoing stream of behind-the-scenes development updates, keeping you informed as The Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna) makes its way from a dream at Hasbro to a reality in your hands (subject to reaching the minimum backing goal)

REBELSCUM PHOTO GALLERY

Who's buying/supporting this?

Last edited:
Reaction score
They are making a crowd funded sail barge!

$500. Comes with jabba, 4ft long. 2.5ft of play area. An inthorian prisoner. 64 page booklet.

www.hasbro.com/haslab

needs 5000 backers to succeed. By April 3rd. (of this year? ouch if so, hope its next year)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mind blown.....

$499.99

4ft long
2.5 ft of play area
jabba included
needs 5000 backers by April 3rd

Last edited:
Reaction score
Am I being an a55 insofar as I object to 'crowdfunding' the world's largest toy company selling products of IP owned by the world's largest entertainment company?
The concept sticks in my craw.

Reaction score
Are there really 5000 collectors out there willing to cough up $500 for a sail barge? I've wanted a sail barge for years, but I don't want one for that much, by any means

Last edited:
Reaction score
Darthsatan,

They have to insure 5000 buyers to go into production. It’s for preorder purposes, it’s not because Hasbro doesn’t have the money. :rolleyes:

Its a $500 toy...it can’t go straight to retail without Hasbro being sure it won’t end up on a clearance endcap.

Sheesh give them some credit. Think about the toy market and the risks involved....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Am I being an a55 insofar as I object to 'crowdfunding' the world's largest toy company selling products of IP owned by the world's largest entertainment company?
The concept sticks in my craw.
I agree. Crowdfunding seems so amateur and indie - I mean Hasbro is THE biggest toy company in the world lol

Reaction score
Are there really 5000 collectors out there willing to cough up $500 for a sail barge? I've wanted a sail barge for years, but I don't want one for that much, by any means
I mean, what did you expect? They have told us to do the BMF again it would be like $400. This is even bigger. I think they even estimated in the past that the barge would be around $500. But ya, I don't know if there are 5k people that will jump on board. Interesting to see if so.

Reaction score
Anyone outside of the US thinking of backing the Sail Barge, don't bother. They're not shipping worldwide.

Reaction score
Now I am going to sound like a real ungrateful - can't be happy - curmudgeon buuuut after seeing pictures...meh

Reaction score
Darthsatan,

They have to insure 5000 buyers to go into production. It’s for preorder purposes, it’s not because Hasbro doesn’t have the money. :rolleyes:

Its a $500 toy...it can’t go straight to retail without Hasbro being sure it won’t end up on a clearance endcap.

Sheesh give them some credit. Think about the toy market and the risks involved....
"Void outside of the United States"

It's on the website. I need say no more sadly, or I'd put the money right down now.

Theres ONE commit so far.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've backed a lot of projects through crowdfunding, big and small.

I know there's an image that it's just for indie upstarts and amateur would be entrepreneurs, but it can be more than that.

It can be used by established companies to create something that they wouldn't otherwise be able to. Hasbro is far from the first big company to do something like this.

Think of it more as a paid pre-order that won't go into production unless a certain number of pre-orders are met. Crowdfunding is just a buzzword they used.

Reaction score
Gutting. Would have supported this.
Can you imagine, going through a scalper, then being violated by shipping costs and subsequently intercepted by Customs. It'll top £1k to get one of these to the UK easy. You know, that second-biggest market for SW toys in the world?

Disgusting.

Reaction score
Yep. Me too. I kinda hope doesn't reach its target now ; )

#sorrynotsorry
From a purely selfish POV, me too. My collection focus of over two decades will not be complete and not because of the money, most likely. I object in principle to being denied it haha!

11 now

Would be 12 if they went so far as to put a different sticker on the shipping box :whistling:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agree with fellow non US'ers above.
I might have to time a holiday to the US when this is released near a fellow 'scummer if I ever want to own one...

Seems like they've missed out on three backers so far lol!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've backed a lot of projects through crowdfunding, big and small.

I know there's an image that it's just for indie upstarts and amateur would be entrepreneurs, but it can be more than that.

It can be used by established companies to create something that they wouldn't otherwise be able to. Hasbro is far from the first big company to do something like this.

Think of it more as a paid pre-order that won't go into production unless a certain number of pre-orders are met. Crowdfunding is just a buzzword they used.
I get where you are going with this but...nah. Hasbro is the toy/entertainment equivalent of Microsoft or Google. They have partnerships with THE biggest entertainment juggernauts in the world. I can go on and on but "Disney" and nuff said.

It's an amateur move. I know the argument is going to be "well look at the 6" TIE and how bad it did". Nobody wanted or asked for something like that. Ever. Almost every collector as shown some interest for something along these lines at some point for years (at least across the multiple forums etc).

That being said IF one was planning to order this - it is basically a pre-order (as you stated). Doesn't make the crowdfunding part of it seem a bit eh.

Reaction score
Can you imagine, going through a scalper, then being violated by shipping costs and subsequently intercepted by Customs. It'll top £1k to get one of these to the UK easy. You know, that second-biggest market for SW toys in the world?

Disgusting.
Tell me about it. I wouldn't mind dropping the £ equivalent of $499 on the barge but not even getting it offered to the rest of the world our hopes are gone before this even gets its 5000 backing.

Reaction score
That is an amazing looking Sail Barge. It's absurd they've got something that good, and the solo release MF in the same room.

Reaction score
Where do you ship to?
We are currently shipping to the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and APO/FPO addresses. Please note: we cannot ship to a PO Box.
That doesnt sound definitive if you ask me. Maybe if all you folks got on the horn and complained, maybe they will change their tune. The use of "currently" seems very deliberate, especially coming from someone that writes marketing copy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Interesting that, in this day and age, the largest toy company in the world won't find a way to involve the whole collectors community in this project. That would certainly help reaching the minimal goal of 5000 backers in only 6 weeks.

Not giving up on this even though i'm afraid i'll end up rolling eyes at a few Ebay auctions offering $5000 BIN options for this next year.

Reaction score
That doesnt sound definitive if you ask me. Maybe if all you folks got on the horn and complained, maybe they will change their tune. The use of "currently" seems very deliberate, especially coming from someone that writes marketing copy.
Read the small print at the end of the video. It's unambiguous.

Reaction score
As fantastic as that looks I will have to pass. I can't afford even close to that much and even if I could I don't have room for it. The unfortunate thing is it didn't need to be that big. It could have been half the size and people would have been just as thrilled by it. And it would have been cheaper so a lot more people would have supported it.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I know there are at least 2 places in Niagara Falls where you can ship stuff to for a (I think) $5 fee. I think they keep it for up to 2 weeks so any Canucks (or people willing to travel to the States) can still get a Barge.

I'm sure there are more places along the boarder that offer that service.

(Still bitter about not being eligible for the Kenner mail aways.)

Reaction score
This is a very important moment for the collecting community.....it suggests other things, other possibilities in the future.

Last edited: